Romanov Interview - Article on BBC website

sked21

Wonder which of these two was the one offered the job??

Ratko Dostanić 48 years old former player until 1996 played in several Serbian and French clubs. After retiring, Dostanić started his coaching career and so far he leaded Fench Montlucon, Serbian clubs Smederevo, Crvena Zvezda, OFK Beograd and Bežanija, Greek Veria and his last job was in the Chinese football club Dalian Shide

or

Ljubiša Tumbaković - Former Partisan Belgrade and AEK manager

Really the only 2 from the chinese league that I could see Vlad going for !!

Yeah that was an interesting one.

Mods can you merge this with the Vlad is a Joke® thread please.

Captain Lithuania
'Willing to listen to offers...' .

Music to my eyes and ears that. :)

You speak for all Jambos when you say that.

'Willing to listen to offers...' .

Music to my eyes and ears that. :)

That quote worried me, not entirely sure why, but it did.

I think it's the fear of who Romanov would sell to.

That quote worried me, not entirely sure why, but it did.

I think it's the fear of who Romanov would sell to.

I'm just pleased he would be willing and not turn into some complete obsessional mentalist and refuse to let go of power.

I'm just pleased he would be willing and not turn into some complete obsessional mentalist and refuse to let go of power.

Good point. I just feel he'd sell us on to any one if the price was right. Better the devil you know and all that.

All Jambos? Some of us speak for ourselves. I would love the club to be sold to a Hearts supporter with a bottomless amount of money. Never has happened and almost certainly never will. The pesky thing is that Vlad still has the possibility (remote I accept) of sorting this and I do believe a non scot of decent quality may well be the best bet to take on the OF.

ToadKiller Dog
He will sell if the price is right?

thats standard businessman speak doesn't mean much.

Its not a easy listen but is no where as controversial that the selected quotes that the beeb have made of it in reports,in fact the selected quotes is missing out on some of the more important stuff like the stadium plans and other investments.

Interesting interview, K19 Clothes too be sold in the Hearts Shop,Chinese players maybee coming to Hearts, Frail was in complete charge.

I cant Beleive Frail picked Kurkis, Clum yes, but not Kurkis.:confused:

Ryan Gosling
Interesting interview, K19 Clothes too be sold in the Hearts Shop,Chinese players maybee coming to Hearts, Frail was in complete charge.

Frail picked Kurskis once, and he had no choice that time.

ToadKiller Dog
Amazed.

Its just not cricket old chap.:)

Maybe Geoff Boycott is the new manager?

Drylaw Hearts

I can't believe he's blamed Frail for the team nearly being in the bottom place when it was the plum, who he has re-appointed btw, was in charge when we went 2nd bottom.

He did Frail no favours whatsoever by selling our top goalscorer and not allowing any January signings - even though he said otherwise at the time.

I also think Frail was told to pick Goncalves towards the end of the season.

I'd also like to hear another interpretation of that interview.

From someone not linked to VR.

siegementality

He didn't say Chinese players maybe coming to Hearts, in fact he said exactly the opposite! saying they were too lightweight and didn't know how to fight on the football field, and that the league would totally need to change for Chinese players to play.

The interview is complete incoherent ramblings, he talked absolute pesh throughout, why the feck Brian McLaughlin managed to let him ramble on about what is happening in Chinese football is beyond me, brilliant interview Brian, NOT!

The one thing I did pick up on is that he seemed to shy away when asked about the finances for the new stand, he then defaulted to obstacles, time consuming, etc, and how it's easier to build football staduims in China and in Europe there may not be the money to repay the investment.

In general, another load of absolute pesh where everyboby is to blame but him.

He didn't say Chinese players maybe coming to Hearts, in fact he said exactly the opposite! saying they were too lightweight and didn't know how to fight on the football field, and that the league would totally need to change for Chinese players to play.

The interview is complete incoherent ramblings, he talked absolute pesh throughout, why the feck Brian McLaughlin managed to let him ramble on about what is happening in Chinese football is beyond me, brilliant interview Brian, NOT!

The one thing I did pick up on is that he seemed to shy away when asked about the finances for the new stand, he then defaulted to obstacles, time consuming, etc, and how it's easier to build football staduims in China and in Europe there may not be the money to repay the investment.

In general, another load of absolute pesh where everyboby is to blame but him.

He also never said much about the new manager, its possible that Sergi ( thats who it sounded like) was being diplomatic with some of the answers, God knows what he was actually saying.

siegementality
He also never said much about the new manager, its possible that Sergi ( thats who it sounded like) was being diplomatic with some of the answers, God knows what he was actually saying.

I had a feeling the translators pauses were whilst he was thinking "FFS I'm not saying that!". Romaknob sounded like an erse as usual.

P.S. Why is Romaknob still pretending he can't speak English?

I had a feeling the translators pauses were whilst he was thinking "FFS I'm not saying that!". Romaknob sounded like an erse as usual.

He clearly understands English, id say the intreviewer was partly to blame, the interview lasted over 20 mins, and really what did he manage get out of him.

All this Scottish Mafia stuff is madness, even when asked about Craig Leveins comments about SFA, Ref s etc, he did not answer the question, just wandered off on another path.

Im pretty dissapointed with the interview no further forward at all, his first interview for ages as well.:confused:

Unless it was edited he understood the questions perfectly.

siegementality
Unless it was edited he understood the questions perfectly.

So much so that he even interrupted the translator on a few occasions to stress/add to his point (albeit that there was no point!).

jambos are go!

He managed, I think, not to say anything that would get the SFA on his back. I agree he waffled on the issue of the stand. As usual the interviewer tried to get him to say things that were controversial rather than informative. I think he implied that the SPL is full of boxers/thugs parading as footballers and in addition that they lack the overall discipline necessary to succeed(unlike the Germans).

rossmaroon

Well I have the feeling that you are putting your own biased agenda on the interview. There may have been little of real interest to report, but for you to put your anti Romanov spin on it smells of someone not knowing when to stop digging when you're in a hole.

siegementality
Well I have the feeling that you are putting your own biased agenda on the interview. There may have been little of real interest to report, but for you to put your anti Romanov spin on it smells of someone not knowing when to stop digging when you're in a hole.

Well it appears the two of us have feelings then, nice!:)

How exactly have I put "anti Romanov spin" on the interview. There was nothing to spin either way, he basically talks sheite :dribble: for twenty minutes.

How do you "smell" someone not knowing when to stop digging?. And what "hole" would this be?.

The Old Tolbooth
Well it appears the two of us have feelings then, nice!:)

How exactly have I put "anti Romanov spin" on the interview. There was nothing to spin either way, he basically talks sheite :dribble: for twenty minutes.

How do you "smell" someone not knowing when to stop digging?. And what "hole" would this be?.

I wouldn't want to smell the hole of anyone who's been digging for any amount of money! :wacko:

rossmaroon
I wouldn't want to smell the hole of anyone who's been digging for any amount of money! :wacko:

Any interview that is transalated sounds stilted and disjointed (try watching dubbed films), as the interview lacks the spontaneity and nuance of personality of the interviewee. Anyone who has met VR seems genuinely impressed with his intelligence, wit and charm and indeed the interviewer (Brian McLaughlin) seemed to be fairly engaged with him. I have met several people who have met him and they all seem to concur with this viewpoint of his bonhomie.

You, on the other hand, have put a spin on his words by negating each and every response as sheite, which seems to suggest some kind of agenda on your behalf. On the point of digging a hole I am merely suggesting that any positive news that is reported about Hearts this week might force you to backtrack or at least stop posting negative drivel.

jambomjm74

And has invested personal wealth beyond anyone else who has ever been associated with the club !

Ridiculous Rubbish

Almost switched it off half way through.

Most cringeworthy part was the gonads about "local" people not being able to achieve tangible results.

What a complete Prat.

The Old Tolbooth
Any interview that is transalated sounds stilted and disjointed (try watching dubbed films), as the interview lacks the spontaneity and nuance of personality of the interviewee. Anyone who has met VR seems genuinely impressed with his intelligence, wit and charm and indeed the interviewer (Brian McLaughlin) seemed to be fairly engaged with him. I have met several people who have met him and they all seem to concur with this viewpoint of his bonhomie.

You, on the other hand, have put a spin on his words by negating each and every response as sheite, which seems to suggest some kind of agenda on your behalf. On the point of digging a hole I am merely suggesting that any positive news that is reported about Hearts this week might force you to backtrack or at least stop posting negative drivel.

I think you highlighted the wrong person there pal, not unless you need a humour transplant that is ;)

siegementality
I think you highlighted the wrong person there pal, not unless you need a humour transplant that is ;)

I think he meant me John, it couldn't have been you as I've spoken to several people and they all seem to concur with my viewpoint of your bonhomie. WTF!!!

Embarassing rubbish.

Wittering on about Celtic and Rangers being unfair competition as they have huge budgets - what budget do Kaunas have relative to the other teams in Lithuania? Doesn't he own or control or sponsor about a quarter of the teams in A Lyga.

Hanging Frail out to dry - with the 'local managers caught up in the mafia' rubbish. Did he see what nationality the manager of every club above us (other than Hibs) in the league last season was?

Answering a direct question about 'is the finance for the stand available' by saying that the Chinese put up stadiums like mushrooms. Suggesting that the Tynecastle project is not viable (which it in my opinion is not and the only sensible thing he said in the whole interview).

Suggesting that Chinese players have more discipline and are 'lighter' than Scottish players. The Scottish league needs to change so that Chinese players can come in as they will help players up after a bad tackle (rather than boxing). Blethering about Sproule jumping on Miko's back. What a load of absolute rubbish.

Glad to hear that they are waiting for the right offer. Now who has the ?3m required? :)

And glad to hear that with good play and good discipline we will be champions. And that the manager will get a bonus when the team are champions.

I suggest that instead of embarassing the club any further - both VR and his son should keep their mouths shut.

Ridiculous Rubbish

Almost switched it off half way through.

Most cringeworthy part was the gonads about "local" people not being able to achieve tangible results.

What a complete Prat.

Completely agree. He spoke that much and the transalation took so long I had forgotten what the original question was. :confused:

shaun.lawson

Some of what he had to say at least backs up the positive news we've had over the last couple of days - but it's deeply dispiriting to hear him continue to spout the ridiculous gibberish which has made our club a laughing stock in Scotland, and he himself a standing joke in the Edinburgh business community.

It is not because of some 'Scottish football mafia' that we finished 8th in the league last season, haven't had a permanent manager in place in seventeen months, nor a credible one since October 2005: it's because of him. His policies, his methods. Heaven only knows what the man must be like to work with - because his ability to blame literally everyone else bar himself is absolutely breathtaking, and he clearly shows no sign of developing any self-awareness any time soon.

If he's so convinced of refereeing bias, why not walk the walk instead of just talking the talk? Why not do some research, and compile an evidence-based dossier instead of mounting his own personal "How to lose friends and alienate people" crusade? Answer: because it's far easier just to mouth off and blame the 'system' instead. Moreover, some of us had wondered whether Frail being given the caretaker gig, and Rix the permanent one, would enable him to argue that 'local' people couldn't do the job: and so it has proved.

At any point, he could have appointed someone experienced, with a good track record, who self-evidently was known as a good manager - but he's consistently failed to do so. To argue, as he seemed to be doing, that our failures last season were somehow all Frail's fault is deeply insulting, factually incorrect (Frail only got the permanent post at the turn of the year, yet Romanov seemed to hold him responsible for the position we were in prior to this decision), and again shows the appalling manner in which this club treats good, loyal people.

One final thing. His comment that he could be willing to sell "at the right price" may well just be standard businessman's speak - but I'm not sure if he's said anything similar before? At present, as we all know, There Is No Alternative - but if an alternative could ever be found, I wonder...

Some of what he had to say at least backs up the positive news we've had over the last couple of days - but it's deeply dispiriting to hear him continue to spout the ridiculous gibberish which has made our club a laughing stock in Scotland, and he himself a standing joke in the Edinburgh business community.

It is not because of some 'Scottish football mafia' that we finished 8th in the league last season, haven't had a permanent manager in place in seventeen months, nor a credible one since October 2005: it's because of him. His policies, his methods. Heaven only knows what the man must be like to work with - because his ability to blame literally everyone else bar himself is absolutely breathtaking, and he clearly shows no sign of developing any self-awareness any time soon.

If he's so convinced of refereeing bias, why not walk the walk instead of just talking the talk? Why not do some research, and compile an evidence-based dossier instead of mounting his own personal "How to lose friends and alienate people" crusade? Answer: because it's far easier just to mouth off and blame the 'system' instead. Moreover, some of us had wondered whether Frail being given the caretaker gig, and Rix the permanent one, would enable him to argue that 'local' people couldn't do the job: and so it has proved.

At any point, he could have appointed someone experienced, with a good track record, who self-evidently was known as a good manager - but he's consistently failed to do so. To argue, as he seemed to be doing, that our failures last season were somehow all Frail's fault is deeply insulting, factually incorrect (Frail only got the permanent post at the turn of the year, yet Romanov seemed to hold him responsible for the position we were in prior to this decision), and again shows the appalling manner in which this club treats good, loyal people.

One final thing. His comment that he could be willing to sell "at the right price" may well just be standard businessman's speak - but I'm not sure if he's said anything similar before? At present, as we all know, There Is No Alternative - but if an alternative could ever be found, I wonder...

The way I look at it is that any owner no matter what you own would be willing to sell for the right price. And if someone meets this right price then it would mean they have a fair bit of money as I can't see his price being cheap.

Until that happens I do still think he is 100% committed to us.

Bordeaux 03

When asked if he would sell Hearts he should of said 'not in a million years' but instead said he would consider if the offer is right, it might be the truth but you shouldn't say that in public.

It seemed throughout that interview Fedotovas didn't want to say or had to rephrase half the things Vlad was telling him.

The general picture i got from that interview was that Vlad seemed quite tired of the whole thing in looking for manager, the football mafia, bureaucracy, comparing China to Scotland and selling at the right price.

Drylaw Hearts
When asked if he would sell Hearts he should of said 'not in a million years' but instead said he would consider if the offer is right, it might be the truth but you shouldn't say that in public.

It seemed throughout that interview Fedotovas didn't want to say or had to rephrase half the things Vlad was telling him.

The general picture i got from that interview was that Vlad seemed quite tired of the whole thing in looking for manager, the football mafia, bureaucracy, comparing China to Scotland and selling at the right price.

My thoughts also.

Ryan Gosling

6 months later, Romanov receives an offer and considers it.

Kickback rages with 'Romanov lies again'.

:P

shaun.lawson
The way I look at it is that any owner no matter what you own would be willing to sell for the right price. And if someone meets this right price then it would mean they have a fair bit of money as I can't see his price being cheap.

Until that happens I do still think he is 100% committed to us.

I think that's probably true - and I dread to think what his idea of the 'right price' might be! :eek: Still seemed an odd thing to say, though - but then, this is Vlad, and when does he ever not say deeply odd things?

I think that's probably true - and I dread to think what his idea of the 'right price' might be! :eek: Still seemed an odd thing to say, though - but then, this is Vlad, and when does he ever not say deeply odd things?

He has come out with some beauties. I would love him as a philosphy lecturer or something along that lines. You just wouldn't miss class.

J.T.F.Robertson
He has come out with some beauties. I would love him as a philosphy lecturer or something along that lines. You just wouldn't miss class.

...... or get the point. :confused:

Full audio of the interview.

Somewhat bizarre that its been put online in the cricket section!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/scotland/7496277.stm

What a rambling idiot. Same platitudes and same avoidance of any direct questions.

The interviewer was even worse. Seemed to be afraid to ask him any hard questions. Waste of 22 mins of my life.

Many of these reactions seem unnecessarily critical to me. You'd think he'd done nothing but recite frog poetry...

The interviewer didn't do a great job...the questions were poorly constructed and without decent links, how on earth are responses meant to flow in a coherent orderly fashion? Regardless of his ability to understand English, there was a translator stuck there in the middle trying to make sense of it all, cast off a small percentage as being lost in translation and maybe another for his eccentricities and really...was it all that bad in the end??

He's making an effort and I'd rather have weird communication than none whatsoever.

shaun.lawson
Many of these reactions seem unnecessarily critical to me. You'd think he'd done nothing but recite frog poetry...

The interviewer didn't do a great job...the questions were poorly constructed and without decent links, how on earth are responses meant to flow in a coherent orderly fashion? Regardless of his ability to understand English, there was a translator stuck there in the middle trying to make sense of it all, cast off a small percentage as being lost in translation and maybe another for his eccentricities and really...was it all that bad in the end??

He's making an effort and I'd rather have weird communication than none whatsoever.

Hmm. One question. If that was the owner of any other club, what would be your response if they came out with what he did? Actually, let's rephrase that: if that had been the owner of Hibs, how do you think you'd have reacted?

Jam Tarts 1874
Hmm. One question. If that was the owner of any other club, what would be your response if they came out with what he did? Actually, let's rephrase that: if that had been the owner of Hibs, how do you think you'd have reacted?

The media aren't really interested in what any other club owner has to say. Romanov is a character and is entitled to his opinions, which from where I am sitting pretty much match my interpretation of Scottish football.

It seems to me that fans on Kickback are too quick to find negatives, typical of the noisy minority. It also seems to me that the angry mob on here are more concerned with what other people have to say about Hearts than they actually are in HMFC. I find it all pretty sad, but ultimately I am reassured by the fact that the angry mob never numbers much more than about 200. As it stands that is a very small number out of 9,000 season ticket holders.

I think it is just as well that the vast majority of Hearts fans take a more sensible, informed, pragmatic and mature attitude. At the end of the day, unless we were about to go into administration I doubt if the angry mob will ever increase in number. Even when Robinson was selling Tynecastle all the bluster from the usual suspects on here didn't change anything did it?!

Archived