James Anderson

ToqueJambo
On 14/06/2021 at 02:00, Pap said:

Werent we in over £20-24 million debt and we were selling Tynecastle for only £15 million. We'd have been riddled with debt at Murrayfield. I sincerely doubt we'd have been to be able to pay that off and on top of being at an awful stadium for football and no money to buy players it didnt really look good for the clubs future.

Murrayfield would have been a disaster. Every home game would have felt like there's a pandemic on and attendance is restricted. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• frankblack

• Thomaso

• ToqueJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soonbe110
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Murrayfield would have been a disaster. Every home game would have felt like there's a pandemic on and attendance is restricted. 

Absolutely. Yesterday at Hampden was just like a Hearts game at Murrayfield in terms of percentage of capacity filled. Atmosphere yesterday was just as poor as it was at Murrayfield. 

Mdoug79
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

I don't know where this comes from. I have been told by others who know him personally, and not through his involvement with Hearts, that he was a Hearts fan well before Budge came on the scene. He may not have been a regular attendee, but he has for many, many years when talking football viewed the world through maroon tinted glasses.  I may be wrong, but if my memory serves me right I was also told that he supported Hearts in Vienna when we won 1-0 back in the late 1980's. 

To give Budge credit for turning him into a Hearts supporter doesn't hold water, but I would certainly give her credit for encouraging him to take a greater interest. 

If I am indeed incorrect then I apologise as I was sure I remember him being interviewed on tv and stating he wasn’t a fan of any particular club but detested the religious bile involved in our game. I may be completely wrong with that though and stand corrected.

I still feel AB is harshly treated and should be given credit for getting him involved and turning our club into one of the most financialy stable in the country.