James Anderson

Section Q

1 minute ago, RENE said:

When his name first came to everyone's  knowledge did he not say he was more of a rugby fan?  So a 'lifelong supporter' I think not.

Is that no the new ceo? Budges mates husband? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• frankblack

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
1 minute ago, RENE said:

When his name first came to everyone's  knowledge did he not say he was more of a rugby fan?  So a 'lifelong supporter' I think not.

He's not from Edinburgh, he's not a life long fan

8 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Does she deserve criticism... Yes. Does she deserve respect... Yes

Respect? Yes.  

Hailed and worshipped, no.

Anyway I’m out.  Too many people getting away with calling names as per. 

A_A wehatethehibs

It is about a lot more than money, there’s knowledge and expertise you get from a person like that who’s operated at that level, on your board. The goal of the board is to grow the club financially so he puts us closer to getting that growth. He’s not just chucked money in, most of his money has gone towards the things that will help to grow the long term revenues of the club IE the stadium, the marketing, the branding - and more recently we hear about all the IT side of things as well getting an upgrade with the new sponsor Dell. 

I know folk have said it jokingly here but it really wouldn’t be unreasonable to name it the James Anderson Stand because it wouldn’t have been possible without him. We would’ve had drastically less money to spend, the old stand would’ve either had to get a refit / gaffer tape job for £2-3m with no growth in capacity, probably if anything a reduction in capacity. Or if it had to get demolished, we might have seen something much more modest than we’ve ended up delivering, probably would’ve just been a copy of the wheatfield stand, with a lounge in somewhere, without all the extra square footage and facilities we’ve got, maybe even smaller than the wheatfield because we’d have needed to keep that crap old white office block facility that used to be there behind the old stand. Folk who have pops at the new stand would always be wise to remember that it could have been a lot lot worse and what we’ve got, pretty much thanks to Mr Anderson, is really an outstanding effort in Scottish football terms. Very tough for Scottish clubs to deliver anything like what we’ve got. 

So a big thank you to a top man James Anderson and to Ann Budge for what’s been done off the pitch, the plaudits are well deserved. Unfortunately in the supporters mind tho, who cares if the teams crap? So that has got to be fixed this season with a vengeance. The managers feet must be held to the fire, you must deliver excellence Robbie to match up with what’s been put in by the fans including Mr Anderson who is one of us, and if you don’t, you must be emptied for someone who will deliver excellence. I hope that message gets through 

Savage Vince
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Respect? Yes.  

Bit snowflakey now? 

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Respect? Yes.  

You mean too many people talking biased nonsense which is why you're running off with your tail between your legs.

He is NOT a life long Hearts supporter!

11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Bit snowflakey now? 

Nah not at all.  More to do than argue this shit though. I’ll return after the football. 

Its disgusting how much money we’ve spunked away. Could and should have become a real force in Scottish football again.

We’re very lucky to have Mr Anderson because if that was me donating

that amount of money and seeing it pissed away I’d run a mile.

28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah not at all.  More to do than argue this shit though. I’ll return after the football. 

Seldom post but the irony from a poster who's both argumentative and regularly talks keek. Add self-awareness to the list. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He's a lifelong supporter.  Why not? 

In what way is he a lifetime supporter!?? 🤪

As others have said, he is English born and bred and if I recall correctly, and others have said, he grew up a Norwich fan...

For a guy to gift insane sums of money to a club he didn't grow up supporting or knowing anything about until his working life brought him to the capital, is off the scale...

But don't make-up daft stuff that he is a lifetime fan of us 🤥😬

#PayAttentionAtTheBack

36 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Its disgusting how much money we’ve spunked away. Could and should have become a real force in Scottish football again.

We’re very lucky to have Mr Anderson because if that was me donating

that amount of money and seeing it pissed away I’d run a mile.

I am being more positive these days Hearts wise and not a negative nelly as they made us, but you are spot on re the above....

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It is about a lot more than money, there’s knowledge and expertise you get from a person like that who’s operated at that level, on your board. The goal of the board is to grow the club financially so he puts us closer to getting that growth. He’s not just chucked money in, most of his money has gone towards the things that will help to grow the long term revenues of the club IE the stadium, the marketing, the branding - and more recently we hear about all the IT side of things as well getting an upgrade with the new sponsor Dell. 

I know folk have said it jokingly here but it really wouldn’t be unreasonable to name it the James Anderson Stand because it wouldn’t have been possible without him. We would’ve had drastically less money to spend, the old stand would’ve either had to get a refit / gaffer tape job for £2-3m with no growth in capacity, probably if anything a reduction in capacity. Or if it had to get demolished, we might have seen something much more modest than we’ve ended up delivering, probably would’ve just been a copy of the wheatfield stand, with a lounge in somewhere, without all the extra square footage and facilities we’ve got, maybe even smaller than the wheatfield because we’d have needed to keep that crap old white office block facility that used to be there behind the old stand. Folk who have pops at the new stand would always be wise to remember that it could have been a lot lot worse and what we’ve got, pretty much thanks to Mr Anderson, is really an outstanding effort in Scottish football terms. Very tough for Scottish clubs to deliver anything like what we’ve got. 

So a big thank you to a top man James Anderson and to Ann Budge for what’s been done off the pitch, the plaudits are well deserved. Unfortunately in the supporters mind tho, who cares if the teams crap? So that has got to be fixed this season with a vengeance. The managers feet must be held to the fire, you must deliver excellence Robbie to match up with what’s been put in by the fans including Mr Anderson who is one of us, and if you don’t, you must be emptied for someone who will deliver excellence. I hope that message gets through 

Make a decent manager...........?.....😁

3 hours ago, Costanza said:

Has she not been working without a salary?

Only for 7 years though. Not enough for some on here. 

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

A lot of posters on here have said that Hearts are now too "nice" under Mrs Budge's stewardship.

I don't know anything about James Anderson, but does anyone else think that he wouldn't be so involved with Hearts if we weren't "nice".

Certainly wouldn’t have done the Save the Children or MND sponsorships without the ‘nice’ club. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I don't credit her for Andersons investment no. I'm sure it's been said on here it was more to do with something else.

But let's just praise "queen" Ann for everything.  :lol: Romanov at least was successful.  Millions have been wasted on and off the pitch remember. 

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Romanov successfully put us into administration and nearly killed the club.

Your levels of delusion are unparalleled.

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Romanov successfully put us into administration and nearly killed the club.

Your levels of delusion are unparalleled.

2 Scottish cups, great players, European trips and almost all good.

Now we have millions wasted and glum as anything.  If only Vlad could have gotten someone to invest and wipe his shortcomings away.  There would be no HMFC without Mr Romanov either.  

John Findlay
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

In what way is he a lifetime supporter!?? 🤪

As others have said, he is English born and bred and if I recall correctly, and others have said, he grew up a Norwich fan...

For a guy to gift insane sums of money to a club he didn't grow up supporting or knowing anything about until his working life brought him to the capital, is off the scale...

But don't make-up daft stuff that he is a lifetime fan of us 🤥😬

#PayAttentionAtTheBack

You beat me to it.

Some people need to learn how to do some homework.

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Now we have millions wasted and glum as anything.  If only Vlad could have gotten someone to invest and wipe his shortcomings away.  There would be no HMFC without Mr Romanov either.  

How many millions?

Guest ToqueJambo

Clearl

3 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Does she deserve criticism... Yes. Does she deserve respect... Yes

A fair summary. If JA thought his and others' money was being "wasted" and "squandered" he wouldn't continue to pump money in and get even more involved. 

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

How many millions?

You would have to ask the person running the club, that has to ask others to invest, despite the fact we should be fan ran and funded by now, how much all the mistakes from the stand to relegation in between piles of shite players on mental wages on the pitch.

We should already have and be the third best and successful club in Scotland since admin considering the funding.  Since admin we have won nothing and been relegated while St Johnstone Hibs, Inverness Ross County and I’m sure others have enjoyed success while the Sheep split the old firm. It’s mental people just sit back and don’t say anything but expect it to get better. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I don't credit her for Andersons investment no. I'm sure it's been said on here it was more to do with something else.

But let's just praise "queen" Ann for everything.  :lol: Romanov at least was successful.  Millions have been wasted on and off the pitch remember. 

A post dripping with misogyny, like many of Budge's detractors. Budge gets more stick than any Hearts owner I can remember and we all know why.

With a tiny bit more luck - on pitch mistakes and rubs of the green completely out of Buidge's control - we'd have won the same number of SCs as Romanov did - within a shorter timespan and on a tiny fraction of what he spent - and without putting the entire club at risk to do it.

A statto will correct me but I also think we went on a longer unbeaten run as a Premiership team in all games than any team under Romanov did - 8 or 9 under Burley vs 13 or so under Levein.

Everything we achieved under Romanov was despite him, as his meddling damaged an opportunity to do even better. Everything we achieved and nearly achieved the last few years was a direct result of Budge saving the club and building our budget from scratch to a competitive level again while remaining sustainable. Our failures were down to people she appointed and put faith in, so she is responsible in that respect. But then Romanov was not exactly a master man manager and leader 😄

Edited by ToqueJambo

For all the slagging the sheep shaggers get and their owner and their shit tip of a stadium.  What was the last year we finished a higher position than them? 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

A post dripping with misogyny, like many of Budge's detractors. Budge gets more stick than any Hearts owner I can remember and we all know why.

With a tiny bit more luck - on pitch mistakes and rubs of the green completely out of Buidge's control - we'd have won the same number of SCs as Romanov did - within a shorter timespan and on a tiny fraction of what he spent - and without putting the entire club at risk to do it.

She gets more stick because she’s been a failure.

Rub of the green and luck :lol: how very hibs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She gets more stick because she’s been a failure.

Rub of the green and luck :lol: how very hibs. 

You are yes.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

For all the slagging the sheep shaggers get and their owner and their shit tip of a stadium.  What was the last year we finished a higher position than them? 

We were getting closer on a season by season basis with a much smaller budget than them under Neilson first time around, but that wasn't good enough for folk like you. So who cares?

31 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Tell me exactly how Romanov managed our finances.

Did he pay for these players from his own funds or burden the club with unsubstantiatable debt?

I am curious as to how you think Romanov almost killing the club was a good thing?

Are you giving Budge credit for saving us from liquidation?

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We were getting closer on a season by season basis with a much smaller budget than them under Neilson first time around, but that wasn't good enough for folk like you. So who cares?

Precisely.

The same clowns were going about saying they wouldn't be back until Mercer/Robinson/Romanov were gone.

A_A wehatethehibs
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This is the most laughable rose tinting of the romanov era imaginable. It began and ended with cup wins, but in between? Graham Rix's, Malofeevs, 8th place, Christian Nade on 15 grand a week, Beniusis and 20 odd other useless pub level Lith wage thieves. Folk talking about spunking millions up the wall need look no further than the Romanov era. We could have bought some incredible players for this level with the money being put in, if it wasn't for the idiot Romanov himself thinking he was a football genius dictating who we signed and demanding who plays. All he had to do was either let Burley crack on, or invest to hire another competent winner in the dug out. We had squads of 70-80 odd players with a wage bill over double the size of todays. Imagine if a competent individual had been in charge of that budget. It was a complete disaster and painful missed opportunity for the club. I have fond memories of Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel and the players who gave us some great days, but Romanov himself utter bellend back that made a complete arse of a great opportunity to upset the apple cart in Scottish football and left us bust in the end.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is the most laughable rose tinting of the romanov era imaginable. It began and ended with cup wins, but in between? Graham Rix's, Malofeevs, 8th place, Christian Nade on 15 grand a week, Beniusis and 20 odd other useless pub level Lith wage thieves. Folk talking about spunking millions up the wall need look no further than the Romanov era. We could have bought some incredible players for this level with the money being put in, if it wasn't for the idiot Romanov himself thinking he was a football genius dictating who we signed and demanding who plays. All he had to do was either let Burley crack on, or invest to hire another competent winner in the dug out. We had squads of 70-80 odd players with a wage bill over double the size of todays. Imagine if a competent individual had been in charge of that budget. It was a complete disaster and painful missed opportunity for the club. I have fond memories of Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel and the players who gave us some great days, but Romanov himself utter bellend back that made a complete arse of a great opportunity to upset the apple cart in Scottish football and left us bust in the end.

Nailed it.

:spoton:

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So on the one hand you're slagging off Budge for mismanagement and on the other you're suggesting going into administration is a viable business strategy. I think we can safely ignore your views on how football clubs should be run.

"almost all good"? Under Romanov we finished outwith the top 6 of the SPL for the first time in our history, then did it it twice more, culminating in relegation for the first time since the 80s. Even the last few years we only finished outwith the top 6 once.

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So on the one hand you're slagging off Budge for mismanagement and on the other you're suggesting going into administration is a viable business strategy. I think we can safely ignore your views on how football clubs should be run.

"almost all good"? Under Romanov we finished outwith the top 6 of the SPL for the first time in our history, then did it it twice more, culminating in relegation for the first time since the 80s. Even the last few years we only finished outwith the top 6 once.

This pretty much sums up the likes of him keeping the Neilson Out thread going.

Edited by frankblack

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Used her contacts to get a lifelong loaded Jambo to put money into the club for no return yet she wants all her cash back?

Except he's not a "lifelong "loaded jambo. He's newly converted and I'd wager she played a part in the conversion. 

5 hours ago, sassenach said:

A lot of posters on here have said that Hearts are now too "nice" under Mrs Budge's stewardship.

I don't know anything about James Anderson, but does anyone else think that he wouldn't be so involved with Hearts if we weren't "nice".

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly wouldn’t have done the Save the Children or MND sponsorships without the ‘nice’ club. 

In the few interviews James Anderson has given he's talked about football being good for the community. We also support Big Hearts. I'm sure he is keen for football success partly because that gives more opportunities to help others too. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/08/04/hearts-benefactor-james-anderson-opens-up-on-decision-to-donate-3-5m-to-scottish-football-causes/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/53648723.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/who-james-anderson-hearts-benefactor-millions-save-scottish-football-2870800%3famp

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/james-anderson-the-old-firm-does-not-appeal-to-me-the-more-we-can-rebalance-football-the-better-s2dv77w2m (register to read)

Pasquale for King

Thank you James Anderson and I would no problem with naming the stand or one of its lounges/restaurant  after him. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

You would have to ask the person running the club, that has to ask others to invest, despite the fact we should be fan ran and funded by now, how much all the mistakes from the stand to relegation in between piles of shite players on mental wages on the pitch.

We should already have and be the third best and successful club in Scotland since admin considering the funding.  Since admin we have won nothing and been relegated while St Johnstone Hibs, Inverness Ross County and I’m sure others have enjoyed success while the Sheep split the old firm. It’s mental people just sit back and don’t say anything but expect it to get better. 

You should just have said “I don’t know”.

“Wasted” is very over dramatic. Perhaps a poor choice of words.

So you can’t put a figure on how much money has been “wasted”?

Am I the only one struggling to take anything Last Laff says seriously?

There appears to be a lot of blood and gutso but under the surface it’s just unsubstantiated nonsense?

Wish he ‘d just Chuck hundreds of millions as us for a league title 😂

Edited by Irufushi

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Wish he ‘d just Chuck hundreds of millions as us for a league title 😂

Ken, just annihilate the transfer market, install skyhooks and get a second tier up with the corners filled in, the works.

Aaaah, this Scotland in the euros thing has got me dreaming all over the place, superb!

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ken, just annihilate the transfer market, install skyhooks and get a second tier up with the corners filled in, the works.

Aaaah, this Scotland in the euros thing has got me dreaming all over the place, superb!

Either that or the drinking has started early....

I'm booked up for boozers for the games 😂

50 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Am I the only one struggling to take anything Last Laff says seriously?

There appears to be a lot of blood and gutso but under the surface it’s just unsubstantiated nonsense?

That bit is right.

The England cricket supporters have a song to celebrate their James Anderson.  The lyrics are complicated but they go something like this:

Oh, Jimmy Jimmy,

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Anderson.

Repeat 14 times.

I'm sure our one would be thrilled to bits if he were so be serenaded like this at Tynecastle.

8 hours ago, RENE said:

Hearts have quite a few fans that go to Scotland International Rigby games at Murrayfield and some even will miss a game at Tynie when the games clash. Please don’t kill the messenger because I’m not one of them.

13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Folk actually contemplating naming a stand the James Anderson stand? :lol:

What folk ? I want names, addresses, dates of birth and their DNA.

Why ?  I’d like to find out what’s going on in their head and how it got there.

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

he also saved us from getting emptied from Tynecastle. God know where we would now be playing if that happened. I also thoroughly enjoyed the two cup wins with 4-0 and 5-1 wins against the Leithers to boot. 

21 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

he also saved us from getting emptied from Tynecastle. God know where we would now be playing if that happened. I also thoroughly enjoyed the two cup wins with 4-0 and 5-1 wins against the Leithers to boot. 

He didn't save us from getting emptied from Tynecastle - all he did was postpone it.

Did you enjoy us not paying our players leading to relegation after a points deduction?  Then we should consider getting emptied by nine-man Inverness in the league cup?

Don't you see that he would have killed our club but for Budge?

Edited by frankblack