5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I also noticed his team mates were staying close to where the medical staff were working.  It looks like they saw he was recovering and didn't want to leave that area of the pitch.

They just made a barricade to give him privacy and stop fans seeing exactly what was happening. That was awful to watch on tv imagine being there. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• iantjambo

• Maroon Sailor

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not sure that you can predict when someone is going to have a cardiac arrest, they are sudden events and can happen to anybody at anytime.

vast overwhelming  majority are caused by pre existing conditions. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Sky news now saying he's awake, in hospital and will undergo further tests.

So it certainly sounds positive news, certainly a hell of a lot more positive than when he was lying on the pitch.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Cade said:

We'll get the official statement from UEFA in about an hour.

With teams having to travel large distances and there being barely any time for a re-play I can see the match being called at 0-0.

A draw and a point apiece would be the sensible and practical decision to take.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

vast overwhelming  majority are caused by pre existing conditions. 

Sure you're not getting mixed up with heart attacks, as that's something completely different to a cardiac arrest.

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Don't remember the words now but met a mate before a Hearts game a few years back and he was feckin pissed off with me.

I had no idea why.

Finally asked him what the problem was and he read out a text I'd sent him the day before. The way he read it out, intonation and no proper punctuation, it sounded awful and insulting.

I read it back to him in the jocular way intended and he instantly realised the misunderstanding.

Wish I could remember the words etc. but the point is that the written word, particularly if done sloppily, can easily be misinterpreted.

I don't know @Cruyff personally, btw, so have no ulterior motive for posting but feel it's worth putting it out there.

Thank God the news appears good.

Good point. Its like in work when I receive an email I think is cheeky. Usually when I re-read it, it's just the way it's worded or punctuated. 

I said he had maybe had a few. Apologies to him if this wasn't the case. 

Excellent news that he is 'OK'.

It's ridiculous that the BBC continued to show the pictures for over 10 minutes instead of cutting back to the studio. I can get a couple of minutes while the presenter etc get ready, but what we saw should not have been broadcast.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

With teams having to travel large distances and there being barely any time for a re-play I can see the match being called at 0-0.

The statement was due 6 minutes ago. Was 7:45 CET.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

It's ridiculous that the BBC continued to show the pictures for over 10 minutes instead of cutting back to the studio. I can get a couple of minutes while the presenter etc get ready, but what we saw should not have been broadcast.

I think a few sackings will be in the pipeline and rightly so. Horrible stuff

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I backed the draw at 4-1, hopefully the bookies play ball if that's what's decided :whistling:

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sure you're not getting mixed up with heart attacks, as that's something completely different to a cardiac arrest.

There are a raft of underlining causes of cardiac arrest that are classed as heart disease, to say this often happens to completely healthy heart muscles isn't true.  In the main there is an underlying issue.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

I think we all agree that football is irrelevant in this situation, however a decision has to be made and the correct call is a 0-0 result IMO

Edited by micole

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JTJ said:

They were blocking off the medical staff working from the front rows of fans - before the screens went up. Trying to prevent upsetting people even more if photos got out. It is a normal thing when such terrible things ha[[en happens

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

They were shielding him from prying eyes. 

You are right about that, a very brave thing to do in such a disturbing situation.

Gordon Zola
30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Begs the question how a fit young man and elite level footballer can such an event in 2021. 

I believe the heart is an involuntary muscle unlike say a leg muscle. If your legs get sore you will stop running. Your heart doesn't get sore so it keeps going, so you could overwork it and not know it. It also only good for so many beats in your lifetime, maybe why a lot of athletes have heart trouble? If they overwork their hearts and burn them out quickly? 

Or maybe he had some sort of defect

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Between that and social media I just liked a Marvin Bartley tweet 🙃

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Did you just post that on twitter too?

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Both sets of fans still in the stadium are chanting his name.

Finnish fans chanting “Christian” with Denmark fans chanting “Eriksen”.

Absolutely brilliant.

1 minute ago, Gordon Zola said:

I believe the heart is an involuntary muscle unlike say a leg muscle. If your legs get sore you will stop running. Your heart doesn't get sore so it keeps going, so you could overwork it and not know it. It also only good for so many beats in your lifetime, maybe why a lot of athletes have heart trouble? If they overwork their hearts and burn them out quickly? 

Or maybe he had some sort of defect

Can be quite tricky to diagnose. I don't know how deeply club's go with medicals. I know Phil O'Donnell had cardiomyopathy (thickening of heart muscle) which a regular ecg doesn't always show.  

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did you just post that on twitter too?

Has someone stolen my words? Do I need to instruct my lawyer?

Footballfirst

From the Danish FA

Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

What's going on with the next game? ITV replaced the programme with Tipping Point.

They’ll probably be avoiding doing the match build up as a lot will be pre recorded and starting coverage around kick off. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What's going on with the next game? ITV replaced the programme with Tipping Point.

Going ahead, oi tink.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

They just made a barricade to give him privacy and stop fans seeing exactly what was happening. That was awful to watch on tv imagine being there. 

For his teammates and above all his family it must have been terrible. The crowd as well will take time to get over it. The news seems encouraging, let's hope he makes a good recovery.

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

19:30 start time. 20:00 kick-off

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Unsure.  It depends if Denmark feel like continuing to take part, it's quite a traumatic event to happen to anyone. 

A point each and a draw would be a fair result, but I think UEFA might schedule the second half to take place tomorrow or the day after, if possible, and go forward based on that.

Delighted to hear he's awake and stable. I fell asleep and missed the game, glad I did now, watching Romain Grosjean's crash last year was horrendous, it's horrible to witness something like that unfolding.

Wishing for the very best for him and his family. Massive strength of character for the teams to be willing to play the game out and hopefully a great sign he'll be okay 

adambraejambo

Great news he seems to be Ok. I thought he was a gone and had to walk away from the TV for 5 mins whilst it was happening and let the dog in the garden.  When I came back I was amazed they were still live in the stadium. BBC messed up big time  there. Wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he and his family have many many good times ahead. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

For his teammates and above all his family it must have been terrible. The crowd as well will take time to get over it. The news seems encouraging, let's hope he makes a good recovery.

I remember very clearly when a young player collapsed at a Harrogate Town game about 15 years. 

when people noticed what was going on and how serious it was we either quietly moved into the clubhouse and others respectfully left. 

that poor lad didn’t wake up.

Traumatic stuff for all involved. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'll be surprised if either team will be focused enough to play tonight. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

According to reports, the players were the ones asking to finish the game.

Looks like they're going to play the second

half tonight. 

All credit to the players if this is what they've decided to do.  

Just now, iantjambo said:

Seems it was the Danish players who requested it continue tonight

If that is true I absolutely love that

According to UEFA it was a request from both teams to restart tonight.

Maroon Sailor

Think that's the most distressing live scene I've seen on the telly. I can't get the look on his face when he was lying on the ground out of my mind.

Amazed they've decided to play on, I am still struggling to recover from watching it on the TV, nevermind being on the pitch stood there covering up the medical team.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

After shielding him and wanting to play on tonight is wonderful human spirit. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cade said:

According to reports, the players were the ones asking to finish the game.

Maybe that is the best way to get over such an event. The players will know how they are feeling.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Think that's the most distressing live scene I've seen on the telly. I can't get the look on his face when he was lying on the ground out of my mind.

Yup it's an image that will stick in the mind for a long time.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Credit to them all 👏

Apparently the Spanish TV coverage was worse than BBC. Kept showing the collapse moment on a loop with dramatic music over it.

If he's in no danger and the players want to play then get the game finished, sure. 

Edited by JackLadd

Can I just say a massive well done to the medical team for their fantastic work to get him revived.

Absolute heroes :clap: