Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• iantjambo

• Maroon Sailor

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

When the crowd started clapping I hope they maybe saw some signs of life. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Your not the only one. I’m hoping the fact that they have so many medical personal bodies enables the best outcome.

Just show you how life can change in a second. 

****ing horrific, there is a good chance he has kids watching or in the stadium as well.

I hope so mate , i really hope so…Football means nothing next to that. Im holding on to the thought that as his wife didnt go over to him theres hopefully a positive outcome. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

thats what i thought too

Nucky Thompson

I really hope and pray that he pulls through. One good thing is that he would have top medical people working on him almost right away

Terrible show by the BBC. They can cut to studio and any other broadcast output at any time. They have their own director. 

the German TV channels are being commended for going ‘back to studio’ almost instantly. 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Still feel sick. If he's breathing again then that's a huge relief. Really not nice to see that unfold, and I'm quite horrified they kept the cameras rolling while zooming into peoples faces. All they had to do was stick to the drone aerial image and show some ****ing respect.

that sums it up , that was horrific to see unfold. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That's what I was thinking as well.

Please be so.

Bindy Badgy
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I really hope and pray that he pulls through. One good thing is that he would have top medical people working on him almost right away

You obviously don't want it to happen anywhere but, this is one of the best places it could happen. He'll be getting top notch medical care straight away.

The Future's Maroon
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

That looks like the worst possible outcome the way they were there. Im almost in tears here. ❤️🇩🇰 

It is heartbreaking, obv hope he is ok and pulls through, agree the footage should have been cut

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's awful, hopefully nothing serious. Have they stopped the game,?

Nothing serious - cpr ? Go back to your burgers ya

Clark Griswold

Really hope he pulls through. I actually felt sick watching that. Football goes out the window when stuff like this happens and rightly so.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Really hope he pulls through. I actually felt sick watching that. Football goes out the window when stuff like this happens and rightly so.

Spot on. Me too. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Guffers said:

Nothing serious - cpr ? Go back to your burgers ya

Looks like he's had a few too many this afternoon. 

I would hope that him being young and extremely fit will be in his favour.

Let's just hope that we are all celebrating good news shortly.

John Findlay

I sincerely hope that Christien Erikson, pulls through this and survives.

As tough a watch that it was, it does take time for what is actually happening, to become apparent.

Perfect example on this thread, one news outlet Talksport saying his heart is beating again.

I am on Sky sports news, and they have not reported this.

I am of the generation where we saw horrific images from the Vietnam war on television.

I am not going to criticise any broadcaster, as it is( contrary to what the so called experts on here say and think), a difficult call to make.

Yes I have first hand witnessed some terrible things in my 58 years on this life.

Just now, JackLadd said:

Erikson was alive when he left the pitch apparently 

Wheres that from Jack I hope to **** that is right

Absolute Scenes
Just now, JackLadd said:

Erikson was alive when he left the pitch apparently 

Yep someone on social media showing a photo of him with the oxygen mask on holding it

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I would hope that him being young and extremely fit will be in his favour.

Let's just hope that we are all celebrating good news shortly.

Also that they did CPR immediately along with shocking his heart. No time wasted, his brain wouldn't have been without a flow of oxygen for long.

I can see how Cruyff's comment about not being able to play on may have been phrased in such a way that it looked sarcastic when it wasn't meant to be. Emotions are running high at the moment. Can we just leave the insults be because they're just distracting us from what's important here?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I sincerely hope that Christien Erikson, pulls through this and survives.

As tough a watch that it was, it does take time for what is actually happening, to become apparent.

Perfect example on this thread, one news outlet Talksport saying his heart is beating again.

I am on Sky sports news, and they have not reported this.

I am of the generation where we saw horrific images from the Vietnam war on television.

I am not going to criticise any broadcaster, as it is( contrary to what the so called experts on here say and think), a difficult call to make.

Yes I have first hand witnessed some terrible things in my 58 years on this life.

The lass on Sky Sports is struggling how to approach it. Shes visibly shocked too. 

Just now, sadj said:

Wheres that from Jack I hope to **** that is right

A picture showing Erikson holding his head on stretcher, apparently 

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm so sorry for this post. I've only just seen what has happened. I had been out and just saw this news.

Apologies to everyone.

Understood.

Just now, redjambo said:

I can see how Cruyff's comment about not being able to play on may have been phrased in such a way that it looked sarcastic when it wasn't meant to be. Emotions are running high at the moment. Can we just leave the insults be because they're just distracting us from what's important here?

👍🏻❤️🇩🇰

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Was sent this by a mate. 

Screenshot_20210612-181809_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.c329fe790584774f9c3a5e496e42e2a5.jpg

Boy, am I glad to see that.

John Findlay
Just now, sadj said:

The lass on Sky Sports is struggling how to approach it. Shes visibly shocked too. 

Yes I know. Hayley McQueen, Gordon McQueen's daughter.

Unknown user

It's been reported that a doctor gave the thumbs up while he was coming off on the stretcher.

I don't know how true it is

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Nah, there's no way on earth I'd have said anything bad. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Mate, I never even seen it. All I said is oh dear as in that's awful and obviously his mates can't play if he's ill and I'm getting dugs abuse. 

Will hold my hands up genuinely if that’s the case

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

No but he is also a good bloke. Itll get sorted later. A back and forth foesnt help anyone and the emotions after watching that for any of us that saw it will be proper on edge.

Its a emotional as **** thing if you saw any of it. Don't underestimate the effect that had on anyone watching it. Beat just stepping off for now as its going to go round in circles otherwise pal.

I understand, we are in shock and he didn't see it happening like we all did. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

am guessing that people are talking it you where  being sarcastic with that comment

Nah, of course not. I just meant his mates wouldn't be able to play because their teammates ill. 

I would hazard a guess that he was in a stable condition for him to be put on the stretcher and removed, otherwise he would have had someone on top of him continuing cpr (there is another reason they would have stopped but it hadn't even got close to the 20mins usually given). 

Chest compressions are one of the most disturbing things to carry out or witness. Though everything has been in his favour for a successful outcome (near instant cpr, defib within 2mins, etc). 

Edited by Fraggle

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

There is a photo circulating of him awake, looks like he’s alive

Just been sent it, he looked awake and shocked, hopefully a good outcome 

A464D272-F960-419D-8E6D-78561DF2AA34.png

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Will hold my hands up genuinely if that’s the case

Genuinely mate. 👍 I'd never post something brutal like that ffs.