Top Posters In This Topic

• JackLadd

• Cade

• Mikey1874

• Homme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

yup busy dissing Turkey too - reality is Italy have been majestic.

Yeah 

Immediately at 2-0 suggesting Wales would be looking at Turkey as easier. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I shouldn’t respond to your habitual negativity and vitriol but I will. Spurs got 5 penalties last season Palace got 4. Quite a massive difference there. 

That lisping ***** Kane obviously needs to work on his diving, I’m sure he will get plenty practice in the next few weeks. 
That enough negativity and vitriol for you 🤔👋🏿?

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Quite a good watch this Italian side

Aye. Not sure they’ve got enough up front to win it but they press you high and pass you off the park. Turkey are on the ropes here now.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye. Not sure they’ve got enough up front to win it but they press you high and pass you off the park. Turkey are on the ropes here now.

Some talent on the bench as well.Have to hope Ciro stays fit though.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Dark horses lol. Italy are never dark horses. 

They’ve not been this good looking a side for many years mate. But Let’s see their central defence under pressure from a decent attacking side though. They’ve specifically avoided playing real good sides for 3 years whilst they rebuilt. Having said that they’ve demolished a half decent Turkey side here

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Belotti highly rated too. 

Gone off the boil last couple of season I think though.Although did he not have a good while out with injury.

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Some talent on the bench as well.Have to hope Ciro stays fit though.

Belotti is good. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

They’ve not been this good looking a side for many years mate. But Let’s see their central defence under pressure from a decent attacking side though. They’ve specifically avoided playing real good sides for 3 years whilst they rebuilt 

Their central defence will cope with the best Europe can throw at it.

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Belotti is good. 

Was incredible a couple of seasons ago did he not go off the boil for a bit though ?

Can remember he was linked to some big sides.

11 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Well, the goalie will have to be immobile, at least until the ba's kicked. 😁

I'll get my coat...

😂

Just now, Homme said:

Their central defence will cope with the best Europe can throw at it.

Yep, they may not always had great sides the Italians but you can be sure their defence is always solid. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

They’ve not been this good looking a side for many years mate. But Let’s see their central defence under pressure from a decent attacking side though. They’ve specifically avoided playing real good sides for 3 years whilst they rebuilt 

They're not dark horses though. We're not talking a Greece or Denmark here, they're a top tier nation. A blip in 2018, they were missed in that tourney btw. England got the Swedes in the QF that lucked past them in the play off. 

If it ends as it is, 9 international wins in a row, all clean sheets.

Last team to score against Italy was the Netherlands.

Edited by Cade

I find it funny how much the commentators are downplaying Italy's quality.

It's what they always do

I find it funny how much the commentators are downplaying Italy's quality.

They're English, they downplay everyone's quality. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jermaine Penis says he is surprised at the energy of the Italians.

To think that we are paying this prick's wages is annoying to say the least. 

😆

Maroon Sailor

Chiellini not far off his 37th birthday putting a goal saving tackle in like that in the 93rd minute

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jermaine Penis says he is surprised at the energy of the Italians.

To think that we are paying this prick's wages is annoying to say the least. 

And that he expected Italy to be cautious. No, they are just relentless going forward. 

Francis Albert

I think I have already identified what will for me be one of the most annoying things about the Euros. In a full stadium the cameras for the most part show the crowds reactions at big moments like goals. Now they focus as I suppose they have to on individuals and the most exhibitionist weirdos that they can find .

Edited by Francis Albert

Well unless England end 3rd in our group, they can't meet the Italians until at least the Semis.

And keep in mind that England have won only one knock-out game in the history of the Euros.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Chiellini not far off his 37th birthday putting a goal saving tackle in like that in the 93rd minute

he had plenty of energy as he didnt break sweat at any time during the game

I'm not sure why ther how you can say they have specifically avoided playing top teams unless they have influence on who they are drawn against.

29 unbeaten now. Wales or Switzerland are taking nothing from them either.

kingantti1874
Just now, Cade said:

Well unless England end 3rd in our group, they can't meet the Italians until at least the Semis.

And keep in mind that England have won only one knock-out game in the history of the Euros.

The winner of our group gets runner up from France, Germany, Portugal group I think. 

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They're not dark horses though. We're not talking a Greece or Denmark here, they're a top tier nation. A blip in 2018, they were missed in that tourney btw. England got the Swedes in the QF that lucked past them in the play off. 

Depends on your definition of dark horse. To me that’s a team that can win it with a lot of luck and absolutely everything going right for them but you wouldn’t necessarily want them in the sweep.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Six World Cup finals winning four. Several semis. Meanwhile England have won one and got to the semis on one other occasion. 
There is a negative perception of them due to the press in this country always bringing up the old cliche of defensive Italy, when the truth is solid defence and good organisation with some great forwards over the years.