Golden boot dark horses

Muppetboy

Any players other than the usual suspects capable of winning the boot? I fancy yilmaz from turkey to maybe have a good tournament, any others?

It’s got to be Rab C, surely?

He’s the hottest property in football just now.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It’s got to be Rab C, surely?

He’s the hottest property in football just now.

2nd after Oli Shaw surely?

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

2nd after Oli Shaw surely?

Sorry, Alim.

I’d forgotten about Oily Baws.

38 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Lukaku! 

decent shout, but with the group stage lineups i would suggest one of the dutch maybe depay or lewandowski from poland

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

decent shout, but with the group stage lineups i would suggest one of the dutch maybe depay or lewandowski from poland

Yeah I think with the groups the way they are you could have Lukaku, Depay, Torres (Spain) as early golden boot leaders then after than its a case of what teams you reckon hit the final stages.

Going by that logic I've convinced myself it'll be Lukaku (especially if KDB is fit). Torres likes a goal for Spain and could be an excellent dark horse - Morata is their no9 but not scoring enough for me.

Italy have a favourable group also but they have a full team chipping in with goals.

I have backed Werner.

I just get the feeling he will be more settled in the national team and you can see he is getting in the position for chances its just down to confidence.

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

I have backed Werner.

I just get the feeling he will be more settled in the national team and you can see he is getting in the position for chances its just down to confidence.

He's a fantastic player who deserves a break.

I'd love for him to have an excellent Euros.

Look to Italy......not lost  a game since 2018 and the best 'outside' bet

Immobile as top goalscorer

Oh and just hammered Czech Republic 4-0 tonight

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Look to Italy......not lost  a game since 2018 and the best 'outside' bet

Immobile as top goalscorer

Oh and just hammered Czech Republic 4-0 tonight

I've backed Italy for the win at 11/1 but the way their goals are distributed throughout the team means a top scorer might be unlikely. They've a good group so chances for goals aplenty.

Immobile is just class though.

Kane, Lukaku, get them to ****, the threads about golden boot dark horses so I’m going for the boy Embolo from Switzerland, 100/1 👍

10 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Thomas Muller

Is a good shout but don't think the Germany manager fancies him very much. 

CloustonHMFC
9 hours ago, Rods said:

I have backed Werner.

Germany will be lucky to get out of the group stage imo. France are stacked, Portugal work well as a team and Hungary can give it a right go when they want. Germany haven't been in any great shape lately.

Jeffros Furios

Moreno's had a cracking season for Villareal and you could see him getting a few,

All depends if he starts or even comes on as sub .

6 goals might be enough to win so a player could score a good number in the group stages but not necessarily go far in tournament .

I will probably pick a few at 40/50s for an interest. 

59 minutes ago, smiler said:

Kane, Lukaku, get them to ****, the threads about golden boot dark horses so I’m going for the boy Embolo from Switzerland, 100/1 👍

Ok ok......

Burak Yilmaz

For an outsider, I'd say Teemu Pukki of Finland. He scored ten goals in qualifying and if he gets a goal in the first game, might be one of those that has a bit of a run.  I suppose the trouble is Finland probably won't get past the last 16.

Just remembered Russia still have that big lad up top, Dzyuba.

i’ll go with him 

1 hour ago, smiler said:

👍this man gets it. Had forgotten about embolo. How’s about 90 year old Gorman pandev?😂

bajthejambo

Immobile playing at his home stadium could be a factor. He hasn't replicated his club form at International level thus far. Perfect opportunity for him now.

His name is

A dark dark horse, Thomas Soucek scored 10 league goals for West Ham this season. Currently 200/1 on sky.

1 hour ago, alanjambo said:

For an outsider, I'd say Teemu Pukki of Finland. He scored ten goals in qualifying and if he gets a goal in the first game, might be one of those that has a bit of a run.  I suppose the trouble is Finland probably won't get past the last 16.

Considered him too, don’t think their group is amazingly strong but they struggled against Estonia last night.  He could bag a few though

Bazzas right boot

The wc is easier to target as you can look at the groups and predict a few hammerings for some of the ridiculous countries that made it there. 

The euros is generally more closer. 

Adams, as Scotland make it the final. 

Gorgieshed

If ur looking at the groups, France, Germany and Portugal are unlikely to score many goals as should be tight games. 

I would alway rather go for an outsider e/w. The 3 I've gone for (put them on last month so some prices have shortened):

Immobile 28/1

Yilmaz 66/1

Eriksen 85/1

Of the shorter priced players I'd say either Depay or Kane were best  bets on the nose.

17 hours ago, johnnythejambo said:

Griezmann 25/1 each way

That’s the one that sticks out for me but they do have a tough group. 

19 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Harry Kane will get about 4 penalties.

Probably a good shout tbh. England will probs get to the Quarters as per, so would expect him to manage a decent return for goals. 

14 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Germany will be lucky to get out of the group stage imo. France are stacked, Portugal work well as a team and Hungary can give it a right go when they want. Germany haven't been in any great shape lately.

Been hearing this a lot lately.

The Germans usually get their game face on, when it comes to tournaments.

36 minutes ago, Rods said:

Been hearing this a lot lately.

The Germans usually get their game face on, when it comes to tournaments.

Usually although they were knocked out in the group's at the last world cup.

They face an uphill battle this time for sure.