Boris marries Carrie!

Don Dan

Governor Tarkin
17 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

That's an absolutely piss poor showing from Labour. Up against the most corrupt government in modern times, Starmer has been a huge disappointment so far and it's not obvious who else could lead them to a better showing. Shit times.

To be fair to Starmer, the time to judge will be once this pandemic is over. He's a clever guy, and can summon up a bit of gravitas when the fancy takes him. I have my fingers crossed that he's saving each and every **** up and morsel of corruption to violently ram right up the tories farter once the covid panic is over. I'm dreaming of the sweetest and most comprehensive takedown in modern British political history.

🤞

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SwindonJambo

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Auldbenches

Captain Slog
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be fair to Starmer, the time to judge will be once this pandemic is over. He's a clever guy, and can summon up a bit of gravitas when the fancy takes him. I have my fingers crossed that he's saving each and every **** up and morsel of corruption to violently ram right up the tories farter once the covid panic is over. I'm dreaming of the sweetest and most comprehensive takedown in modern British political history.

🤞

Please, please God make it so

SwindonJambo
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🤞

I would love that to happen but struggle to see it. He’s an extremely clever guy but lacks charisma. He needs to set out a positive and coherent plan for what he would do in government. Any fool can criticise a sitting government from the opposition benches or from behind a keyboard, though in fairness plenty to pick from in the current lot. 

One big thing which will hamper him is that Scotland used to routinely send 40-50 Labour MPs to Westminster even in the worst of times for Labour. Not no more and those days aren’t returning any time soon and probably never.

There are also dozens and dozens of seats in the South such as mine (Wantage) that would elect a Tailor’s dummy in a blue rosette. There are many seats in the North which were previously Labour Equivalents ie the Red Wall, hammered horribly in Thatcher”s time  which have recently turned Tory for the 1st time.

Bawjaws, loathe him as I do has a large cult like following which seems fo forgive him for pretty much anything. When they took Hartlepool by a landslide last month, he paced around the seafront smiling and relaxed. A generation ago, a Tory PM wouldn’t dare set foot in Hartlepool for fear of being lynched! 

I cross my fingers that Starmer does turn it around but he faces an uphill struggle.

professorfate

I can't believe people in England think Boris is better than Starmer. I think once covid has settled down people will know the real cost of covid years of low wages and higher taxes. I know the Goverment will have to claw it back somehow. I will get back to Boris this is a guy that can't answer a question honestly and a man that can never be trusted.

A Boy Named Crow
8 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nailed it Swindon. The only part I’m really struggling with is why he has no charisma. 

He’s a QC FFS. Charisma should be oozing out of his very pores. It’s almost a requirement of that job. 

Labour blew it by appointing the wrong milliband as we all know. 

Andy Burnham will be on the next list of potential leaders. 

Please no,  anyone but old rent-a-cliche!

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, professorfate said:

I can't believe people in England think Boris is better than Starmer. I think once covid has settled down people will know the real cost of covid years of low wages and higher taxes. I know the Goverment will have to claw it back somehow. I will get back to Boris this is a guy that can't answer a question honestly and a man that can never be trusted.

They do think Boris is better than Starmer.

He's fooled the lot of them into thinking he's one of them, a regular, stand up guy with his very carefully crafted persona. 

He's not one of them. He couldn't be more different from them and he ultimately couldn't give two shits about any of them as his 'its only killing 80 year olds' and 'let the bodies pile high' comments prove, never mind the absolute shit show of his defining moment of Brexit. 

I think he's married his match here as she's a conniving, power hungry bint too. 

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’m not too clued up on potential labour leaders, but he does seem to come across quite well. 

I've been away for ages, but I remember he used to come across like that bloke we all know who tries to make his horrendous patter stick in the pub. He'd just repeat the same crap soundbites in interviews, like a daft wee schoolboy.

I can't stand the Tories, but principled as he might be,  his awful patter would be enough to turn a man 🙄

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

professorfate
On 02/06/2021 at 06:14, The Mighty Thor said:

They do think Boris is better than Starmer.

He's fooled the lot of them into thinking he's one of them, a regular, stand up guy with his very carefully crafted persona. 

He's not one of them. He couldn't be more different from them and he ultimately couldn't give two shits about any of them as his 'its only killing 80 year olds' and 'let the bodies pile high' comments prove, never mind the absolute shit show of his defining moment of Brexit. 

I think he's married his match here as she's a conniving, power hungry bint too. 

👍

Governor Tarkin
On 02/06/2021 at 06:14, The Mighty Thor said:

she's a conniving, power hungry bint too. 

I could level that charge at a few of my former dalliances tbf.

Seymour M Hersh
On 01/06/2021 at 19:35, SwindonJambo said:

. A generation ago, a Tory PM wouldn’t dare set foot in Hartlepool for fear of being lynched! 

I think you might find that was only chimpanzees.