• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• martoon

• steven_mck

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jambo-in-furness

Lafferty will be on the lookout for a Premier team place now,  do we have the balls?

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Hearts should have a look at the killie players especially kiltie always liked him as a player get him before leith scum or sheep try we could always bring Laff bk can see the naisy thing happening 

Definitely, someone said they only have 4 players in contract for next season. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Lafferty will be on the lookout for a Premier team place now,  do we have the balls?

The manager doesn’t, elbows would need to do the cuddling that Macphee did. 

Mr Brightside

Probably against the grain, but I wanted Killie to go down. Their chairman and fans were so smug last year, but will be struggling now.

23 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

He could do some real damage for a team, I was just saying on a different thread I'm happy with our striking options, but would love to bring Kyle in for a season to push Boyce and Arnaud, total no brainer of a decision. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Probably against the grain, but I wanted Killie to go down. Their chairman and fans were so smug last year, but will be struggling now.

Fair enough. They will struggle to come right back up. 

Tommy Wright though Eh? 
Leaves St Johnstone and they do the double

Goes to Killie and relegates them

GIRFUY!

Edited by Jamhammer

3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Would have preferred Dundee to have stayed down but Killie's relegation is fine by me, too.

After those two legs they thoroughly deserve to go down.

Hibs were unbelievably feckless in the Cup final but Kilmarnock, with arguably even more at stake, contrived to be so in two games.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough. They will struggle to come right back up. 

They will.

Dundee will probably struggle to stay up. A relegation and another multi season stint in the Championship is never far away for them.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Killie fans singing hello hello, good they were there to see that tonight. 

Goodbye, goodbye.

jamboinglasgow

Seems to me that there is a lot of similarities certainly among experienced players between Killie and Hearts in the seasons up to relegation. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

This was a difficult season for all of us Jambos, so many teams we wanted to go down, or stay down, it was inevitable that we'd end up with Hobson's choice in the play-offs.  If only ICT had got into the play-offs, we'd have had a team to root for.

I won't be losing sleep over Killie going down, but given the choice I'd have preferred Dundee to lose the play-off final, given their part in the voting fiasco.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Goodbye, goodbye.

Hahahahaha. 
Imagine getting schooled off someone so stupid Neilson got the better of and also wound up. Well done Tommy Wright 🙈

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

My guess is.....

Tommy Wright will get the bullet......Killie will move for Gary Holt as manager and Naismith will join him as assistant.

Wright to stay.  Naisy as an assistant might not be a bad idea.    Wright had Davidson working with youth players as far as I know.    Naisy could take the  same route if both parties agreed.   It's a definite rebuild for Killie.   I think he wants players he can manage, not players that don't listen.   

So a team from the 'weakest championship in years' 😁 absolutely horses a long time Premier team ? 

The victorious Championship team had finished Twelve points behind 

Championship winners Hearts. 

Some posters on JKB need to reassess their views on Hearts chances next season. 🤔

50 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Virtually every Club Chairman and their fans were smug over our demotion!

Dundee’s Chairman on the other hand was responsible for the our demotion by manipulating his vote!

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Hibs voted to end the season and allow St Johnstone to finish above them. 

St Johnstone invest the extra prize money wisely and pap Hibs in a cup semi and cup final. 

Karma for the hobbits. 

Great Post. Masterclass board decision.   Coming from the fans of course.  :silviodamn:wallopers ☺

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

They will.

Dundee will probably struggle to stay up. A relegation and another multi season stint in the Championship is never far away for them.

Hope so 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

St Johnstone invest the extra prize money wisely and pap Hibs in a cup semi and cup final. 

Karma for the hobbits. 

Hahahahaha right enough 😂

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

So a team from the 'weakest championship in years' 😁 absolutely horses a long time Premier team ? 

Some posters on JKB need to reassess their views on Hearts chances next season. 🤔

have to agree.

3 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Karma for the hobbits. 

😁

Superb.

Maple Leaf
5 hours ago, steven_mck said:

Why did you want Dundee to stay down? Is a city club with bisupport.

To be fair to the guys who've replied to you, that's an incredible question from a Hearts supporter. :conf11:

King prawn

I’m glad the plastic pitch has gone but hate the fact Dundee are coming up. I reckon they would’ve gone bust after another season in that division. 

Oh well, looking forward to a packed Tynecastle when we take another 6 off of them. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’m glad the plastic pitch has gone but hate the fact Dundee are coming up. I reckon they would’ve gone bust after another season in that division. 

Oh well, looking forward to a packed Tynecastle when we take another 6 off of them. 

We’ve been saying all season that clubs are on the brink of going bust and it hasn’t happened. 

Fully on board with your last paragraph though 👍🏻

steven_mck
5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

To be fair to the guys who've replied to you, that's an incredible question from a Hearts supporter. :conf11:

Not even going to try to have a conversation about it. Would be a waste of my time.

8 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Not even going to try to have a conversation about it. Would be a waste of my time.

Sound like you're taking the higher ground a bit there. Why?

9 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Karma for the hobbits. 

I think this needs more emphasising.

Definitely another addition to the Hibsed it collection.

Horatio Caine
8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Wright to stay.  Naisy as an assistant might not be a bad idea.    Wright had Davidson working with youth players as far as I know.    Naisy could take the  same route if both parties agreed.   It's a definite rebuild for Killie.   I think he wants players he can manage, not players that don't listen.   

Naisy favours attacking football (he was delighted with Stendel's approach).  So can you really see him working with Stegosaurus Tommy?

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We’ve been saying all season that clubs are on the brink of going bust and it hasn’t happened. 

Fully on board with your last paragraph though 👍🏻

As with most business's the post lockdown period may prove to be the most testing time. 

Most football clubs are still in trouble imo. 

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

Well that depends on what your ambition for the club actually is I suppose. No doubt every season in the SPL there are 2-3 poor teams who can’t buy a win. That was us a year ago. We were as bad then as Kilmarnock are now.

I’d say we’ll start next season in better shape squad wise than we ended the demotion season. I’d say we’ll be better on paper than Dundee and RC.

I don’t think Dundee beating Kilmarnock tells us diddly squat about what part of the table we’ll be fighting in next season. Personally I think we’ll float about the middle. Not in any real relegation danger but not pushing for Europe. If that makes you feel warm and moist then so be it.

Edited by JimmyCant

frankblack
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Well that depends on what your ambition for the club actually is I suppose. No doubt every season in the SPL there are 2-3 poor teams who can’t buy a win. That was us a year ago. We were as bad then as Kilmarnock are now.

I’d say we’ll start next season in better shape squad wise than we ended the demotion season. I’d say we’ll be better on paper than Dundee and RC.

I don’t think Dundee beating Kilmarnock tells us diddly squat about what part of the table we’ll be fighting in next season. Personally I think we’ll float about the middle. Not in any real relegation danger but not pushing for Europe. If that makes you feel warm and moist then so be it.

Doesn't seem like there is any point you going to any games as you will never be satisfied with whatever we do.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Doesn't seem like there is any point you going to any games as you will never be satisfied with whatever we do.

I’ll never be satisfied scratching about the bottom half of the SPL and thinking it’s a good thing to be better than Dundee and Ross County that’s for sure. 

Aside from comfortably winning a poor league with no consistent threat from opposition, I don’t think there is anything in place YET that makes me think we’ll be above mid table dross level next season. I accept of course that being mid table dross would be satisfactory for some next season, our manager and owner included.

Edited by JimmyCant

19 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Naisy favours attacking football (he was delighted with Stendel's approach).  So can you really see him working with Stegosaurus Tommy?

Good morning. 

Yes, is my answer.    I see your point.   

I think it's more about relationships with each other than style.  Do they get along with each other, I don't know.   If they can agree how they want to plan and move forward with the club this would help.   An attacking coach complimenting the defence side isn't a bad combination.    A modern day coach working with youth to help them  possibly earn a first team call up. 

That coach possibly taking over the first team in the future.   

I suppose Stevie Crawford is available as well as an attacking coach.   I was just thinking Naisy getting part of  his coaching badges done recently working with the under 18s. 

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Now is the time to vote out plastic pitches in top division. Needs an 11 to 1 vote, so now we have 11 teams with grass...let's get it done.

100% for this.

upgotheheads
12 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Glad to get rid of another plastic pitch.....although wanted Dundee to stay down 

12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Only plus, that pitch is awful.

Let's put Dundee straight back down next season.

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

That will be two shitey plastic pitches we don’t have to return to next season! 👍

My thoughts too

10 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

He's still a class act, and given that he's not carrying weight he could have a couple of years in him. 

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

You're whistling in wind my friend!

Ex member of the SaS

Disappointed Dundee won but not fussed that Killie are down. The biggest loss is a Killie pie at H/T.

But now that you can buy them in Edinburgh ( most majour retailors ) even that is no big loss.

frankblack
43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ll never be satisfied scratching about the bottom half of the SPL and thinking it’s a good thing to be better than Dundee and Ross County that’s for sure. 

Aside from comfortably winning a poor league with no consistent threat from opposition, I don’t think there is anything in place YET that makes me think we’ll be above mid table dross level next season. I accept of course that being mid table dross would be satisfactory for some next season, our manager and owner included.

Tragic.

We haven't put season tickets on sale, nor signed anybody nor finished recruiting for the additional roles in scouting as I understand, yet you have already made your mind up everything is going to be shite.

giphy.gif

millerjames398
12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

28 years in the top flight too. Shame. 😁

I remember the tattie howkers,  bringing a good size support, and beating us 1 nil their 1st game at tynie when they got promoted, im sure it was auld ray Montgomerie scored a 20 yarder,,never liked them since that day😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Dont be so ****ing smart. 

I'm talking about the 'experts' on here who were using the 'worst Championship ever' tag as part of their attack on our team. 

Merely pointing out that a team 12 points behind us in the league comfortly beat a team who have been a Premier team for 28 years. 

I have always been of the opinion that usually very little difference between bottom four Premier and top four Championship as has been comprehensively proven this season. 

As for Hearts we will upgrade and strengthen our weaker positions in the upcoming season. 

I expect a top four position👍.

30 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

100% for this.

I'm only 91.66% for it, but that should get the job done.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dont be so ****ing smart. 

I'm talking about the 'experts' on here who were using the 'worst Championship ever' tag as part of their attack on our team. 

Merely pointing out that a team 12 points behind us in the league comfortly beat a team who have been a Premier team for 28 years. 

I have always been of the opinion that usually very little difference between bottom four Premier and top four Championship as has been comprehensively proven this season. 

As for Hearts we will upgrade and strengthen our weaker positions in the upcoming season. 

I expect a top four position👍.

You don’t think it’s fair to ‘attack’ or criticise a club/team who have a top 4 budget and infrastructure but have fallen woefully short of ‘satisfactory’ for the best part of 5 years ?

Should we ‘expect’ top 4 ? Ordinarily yes, but we are coming from a very low base with one or two obvious obstacles that haven’t been addressed and don’t look likely to be addressed before the season starts. I’d be astonished if the current football structure got us top 4 next season. I’m not convinced we are substantially upgrading the squad. Everything coming out of the club suggests that’s not on the cards.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

You don’t think it’s fair to ‘attack’ or criticise a club/team who have a top 4 budget and infrastructure but have fallen woefully short of ‘satisfactory’ for the best part of 5 years ?

Should we ‘expect’ top 4 ? Ordinarily yes, but we are coming from a very low base with one or two obvious obstacles that haven’t been addressed and don’t look likely to be addressed before the season starts. I’d be astonished if the current football structure got us top 4 next season. I’m not convinced we are substantially upgrading the squad. Everything coming out of the club suggests that’s not on the cards.

I think we will improve massively next season. 

You don't ! 

Let's agree to disagree 👍

12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The Championship will be a pretty competitive league next year IMO.

Hamilton

Killie

ICT

Raith

Partick

Plus Dunfermline.

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think we will improve massively next season. 

You don't ! 

Let's agree to disagree 👍

I don’t expect us to go back down. I expect us to be mid table. That’s an improvement IMO. Not sure there are things in place for ‘massive’ improvement and there are certainly barriers in place to ‘massive’ improvement but we’ll see what happens I spose 👍