Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• martoon

• steven_mck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I'm only 91.66% for it, but that should get the job done.

👍

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Also the fact Kilmarnock drop their kegs to the old firm by giving them 3 stands.

Theyll most definitely not be missed

That will be a massive financial impediment to Killie. They may go from bad to worse?

You can see in Tommy Wright's face the size of the blow to the club. 

Getting relegated is a massive problem for clubs.

Hearts and Hibs had the fan base to get them through it. Killie, not so much.

When I see pain on faces when clubs are relegated, I lick my lips with pleasure.

Doon ye git!

Chortle, chortle, snigger, snigger.

Sorry, but that just the way it is.

3 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

When I see pain on faces when clubs are relegated, I lick my lips with pleasure.

Doon ye git!

The only downside of this is that Dundee are promoted.

We all remember what they did.

57 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Of course. That’s a tough league on paper

That's a tough league on plastic!

Not sure how many teams, but there must be about half the league?

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Plus Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Whatever we think about the quality, the championship produces nail-biters at top and bottom every year. 

professorfate

I am probably in the minority but I am delighted killie are down all we need now is Ross county relegated. I just prefer the bigger teams to be in the league plus the Dundee derby’s are back so it makes it a more competitive league. 

9 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Doon ye git!

I don’t get this level of bitterness, I’m glad not to be wired this way

Just now, Hesh said:

I don’t get this level of bitterness, I’m glad not to be wired this way

I'm not really wired that way either. But, given last summer, I'm not letting it pass without saying something.

Last summer meant something to me. 

Some Hearts fans might have been cool with it all? I most certainly was not.

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

Doon ye git!

Correct. Never forget what they done to us.

16 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Some fall from grace from Killie. 3rd to this in two years. 

16 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - took us 5...

I assumed it was 4 years.

Robbie left us in 2nd place Dec 2016 & by Dec 2020 we were in the championship.

35 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Aye, and that was purely down to Levein not replacing him with an experienced manager. If he had and we'd kept momentum, we'd have all been saying..."Robbie who!?" 

The last five years have been the worst i can remember in my years of Jambo-ness since 1982. 

18 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Could be a while before we see them again in the top flight.

Yep. I caught the highlights last night and as much as i can't stand Dundee, Killie really showed nothing to suggest they deserved to stay in the Premier. I'm sure the TV people will be happy that there's now another two city derbies again to add to the old firm. Killie....they are going to have to get rid of a lot of their players. It could take them two or three years to get close to the Prem again. I listened to Lafferty a couple of months back saying that he was "quite" happy at Killie and that he was "keeping his options open". I think there was an undertone of "i really wanted to be back at Hearts" in there. I think he'll be one of the first out the door and will end up back in the Premier next season with someone. If not Hearts (which i'd doubt), maybe a Dundee Utd or St Mirren.

Fair play to Killie though, didn't realise it was as much as 28 years they'd stayed in the Premier League. Not bad going when you see that nearly every other team (bar a couple) have bounced back and forward between Leagues through the decades.

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Aye, and that was purely down to Levein not replacing him with an experienced manager. If he had and we'd kept momentum, we'd have all been saying..."Robbie who!?" 

The last five years have been the worst i can remember in my years of Jambo-ness since 1982. 

You missed a shit 5 years just before 82.

1 minute ago, bigdav said:

You missed a shit 5 years just before 82.

Aye, ah know!

Was it only 5!? Thought the 70s were woeful throughout. I only started going in 1982 so i suppose others have seen it just as poor, if not worse.

Broxburn Jambo

Dundee =   Never forget Never forgive

Kilmarnock = Shitty plastic pitch, old firm sycophants, Ideas above their station, 1964

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Aye, ah know!

Was it only 5!? Thought the 70s were woeful throughout. I only started going in 1982 so i suppose others have seen it just as poor, if not worse.

I started in 76 and it wasnt great from then. I think the decline started after we lost the league in 65 and never really got sorted till 82 when Alex Macdonald took over. I'll leave others to comment on 65- 76.

16 minutes ago, bigdav said:

I started in 76 and it wasnt great from then. I think the decline started after we lost the league in 65 and never really got sorted till 82 when Alex Macdonald took over. I'll leave others to comment on 65- 76.

Think i got lucky with when my interest as a 13 year old started then! 

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

According to the experts on here it's a weak diddy league 

The Hogfather

Losing another plastic pitch is a positive for sure. Disappointed Dundee had to be the ones to come up, but with the feelings most of us had about everyone else in Scotland, it was unlikely to be a club we have any respect for.

Tasavallan

I have a Killie mate who lives in Romania.  He has been telling me since Clark left that they would get relegated.  He hated Alessio.

14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I have a Killie mate who lives in Romania.  He has been telling me since Clark left that they would get relegated.  He hated Alessio.

They were not far off relegation before he joined. 

Spellczech
3 hours ago, rubyruby said:

I assumed it was 4 years.

Safer to talk finishing positions, or at least position when other teams vote you down in our case

Dundee fan in peace here. 

On the vote, every dee fan I know wanted us to vote against the ending of the season. Ffs our bitter rivals were getting the league and we ourselves lost a play off place and as you have seen we are quite good at them. 

It was a shocker you boys and partick from our league went down. 

Our chairman I do believe has our club at heart but that was one **** up. 

No expecting any different feeling towards my club but we didn't want it to go that way as fans. 

See ye all next season. 

8 minutes ago, Jdee said:

On the vote, every dee fan I know wanted us to vote against the ending of the season. Ffs our bitter rivals were getting the league and we ourselves lost a play off place and as you have seen we are quite good at them. 

No expecting any different feeling towards my club but we didn't want it to go that way as fans. 

See ye all next season. 

I don’t hold anything against ur players or fans but nelms has a lot to answer for. You were the better team in the play offs and deserve promotion. Hope ur club is sending the bill to “cumdawg” for the chandelier!

Hectormasson
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I don’t hold anything against ur players or fans but nelms has a lot to answer for. You were the better team in the play offs and deserve promotion. Hope ur club is sending the bill to “cumdawg” for the chandelier!

Cumdog, 🤡🙈🙈more like lap dog.....

Another crap pitch away , hopefully for a few season . Although I think they will bounce back up in the first attempt. 

1 hour ago, Jdee said:

See ye all next season. 

What I couldn't understand was that by voting the way they did they made it harder for themselves to gain promotion. 

Without Hearts in the league they would have been hot favourites to win the Championship. 

Of course its worked out fine but for a while it looked as if they wouldnt even make the play off. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Jdee said:

See ye all next season. 

welcome, you will no doubt get stick but fwiw I did a bit of reading and believe the Dundee fans were broadly in agreement with us like you said (at least until they started revelling in our anger like everyone else)  .. John Nelms  though is a cretin - had the dark hand of lawell up his back.

personally, I hate Killie - ****ing bogey team.. far happier playing Dundee

11 hours ago, Jdee said:

See ye all next season. 

Was there much chat amongst your fellow fans about Celtic or people connected to Celtic being behind John Nelms changing his vote?

frankblack
16 hours ago, jambonian said:

Cathro could be looking for offers this summer after his boss left... 😱

A_A wehatethehibs
12 hours ago, Jdee said:

See ye all next season. 

How are the Dundee new stadium plans looking? Are they back to life? 

If you need a bit of extra cash for the new park just do a fundraiser among Hearts fans. A prize draw: winners gets to drive the bulldozer at Dens. I will buy a ticket. in fact I’ll buy 10 tickets. Make that 20  

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Was there much chat amongst your fellow fans about Celtic or people connected to Celtic being behind John Nelms changing his vote?

Dundee got their reward from Celtic for changing their vote last season  they got Jonathan Afolabi on loan no one noticed.

13 hours ago, Jdee said:

See ye all next season. 

I think jumping on to another teams fourm and creating an account  is pathetic but I don't put anything past you's lot. enjoy next season in the premier league. By Christmas your looser of a manager will be gone you's will be bottom and Charlie Adam will be found out he's past it and looked good in the championship. :getout:

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Cathro could be looking for offers this summer after his boss left... 😱

I would like to see Cathro as a manager again to actually see if his ideas and his football style works. He has also experienced working with Nuno for the last 3 years at Wolves. It would be different seeing him at another club that we don't support watching. 

I never liked Cathro but as I said at the time Levein was the man pulling the strings getting involved made him look a tit at Aberdeen with the notes. Imagine doing you're day job and you're manager getting involved. It was to quick for him to become a manager you could see what he was wanting to do but never worked with the players we had and in Scottish football. 

Nookie Bear
59 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I would like to see Cathro as a manager again to actually see if his ideas and his football style works. He has also experienced working with Nuno for the last 3 years at Wolves. It would be different seeing him at another club that we don't support watching. 

I never liked Cathro but as I said at the time Levein was the man pulling the strings getting involved made him look a tit at Aberdeen with the notes. Imagine doing you're day job and you're manager getting involved. It was to quick for him to become a manager you could see what he was wanting to do but never worked with the players we had and in Scottish football. 

I would rather have Neilson than Cathro.

Some are born to be Head Coaches, and others are born to put the cones out and put together nice powerpoint presentations.

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would rather have Neilson than Cathro.

Some are born to be Head Coaches, and others are born to put the cones out and put together nice powerpoint presentations.

No doubt about that Neilson over Cathro. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

No doubt about that Neilson over Cathro. 

It wasn't a compliment to either :thumbsup:

On 25/05/2021 at 18:27, Spellczech said:

Safer to talk finishing positions, or at least position when other teams vote you down in our case

We may have been relegated anyway even without covid or finished 11th & lose in playoffs,we were that bad.

Killie rode their luck for a while but they are not a very big club to begin with, they over achieved under clark, before that they were a non entity, won't be missed and tbh we have a shite record against them anyway, As much as i dislike dungdee, they are a much bigger club than killie and will add a dundee derby to the fixture list oh and their pitch isn't ****ing plastic either, also another chance to pump mcjake next season, bring it on!!

I seriously hope we crush Dundee at every opportunity next season, and hopefully send them, their fat, toothless captain, and their snakey jakey manager, back to where they belong. I'd gladly finish bottom 6 just to relegate them on the last day of the season at a packed Tynecastle.

Was totally rooting for Killie. Never minded them at all. Rugby Park is a decent away day (as is Dundee tbf). Only good thing about them going down is they won't be taking points from Tynecastle next season. Their record is way too good for my liking.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't mind Dundee really. Not into that tribalism stuff and I'm old enough to think of them as a "big" team. 

Now that Killie have gone, I think that's now just Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell that have been in every season since the SPL rebranding in 98. Don't think I've missed anyone. 

Kirky Jambo

It’s a weird one, Dundee fans I know are generally decent, their fan base almost universally condemned Nelms and from what I can see don’t like McPake. It was mainly fans of other clubs who were being diks, like those numpties from Dundee united walking round the stadiums etc.

However deep down I couldn’t help wanting the dees  to get thumped by Killie, despite the vote shenanigans basically being the actions of Nelms alone 

On 26/05/2021 at 09:26, A_A wehatethehibs said:

How are the Dundee new stadium plans looking? Are they back to life? 

If you need a bit of extra cash for the new park just do a fundraiser among Hearts fans. A prize draw: winners gets to drive the bulldozer at Dens. I will buy a ticket. in fact I’ll buy 10 tickets. Make that 20  

I wanna burn it to the ground first

• 2 weeks later...
steven_mck
On 25/05/2021 at 07:55, GinRummy said:

Sound like you're taking the higher ground a bit there. Why?

The final vote Nelms had was on whether there should be a 14-team premier league, not if Hearts should get relegated or not. He voted 'no' because he wanted reconstruction that meant more money coming into the league for each team, not less. A 14-team league would mean money more thinly spread out. He had the last deciding vote and gets blamed for everything that happened, even by his own club's fans as his "no" vote handed Dundee United FC the championship. At the end of the day Hearts should never have been four points adrift with 8 games left. Is history and look forward, not back.