Gaza.

maroonlegions

28 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

This thread sums up the whole situation, lots of opinion, lots of bilateral criticism, and the total absence of any suggestion of a workable solution. this isn't a criticism of this thread its merely an observation on every entity who such as United States, United Kingdom, United Nations, do as is being done here, discuss and look for a solution, and turn up dry, meanwhile the death and devastation continue. 

I've given the solution. USA stop financial/moral support to the apartheid state and they would soon change their tune. I know this is very unlikely to ever happen but it's what should happen until the zionists get out of illegally occupied land

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dobmisterdobster

• Cade

• maroonlegions

• JFK-1

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I've given the solution. USA stop financial/moral support to the apartheid state and they would soon change their tune. I know this is very unlikely to ever happen but it's what should happen until the zionists get out of illegally occupied land

Yes you have offered a solution, but it is not actually a solution until it has been implemented and successful.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

Yes you have offered a solution, but it is not actually a solution until it has been implemented and successful.

Not what you said and I quote below. 

This thread sums up the whole situation, lots of opinion, lots of bilateral criticism, and the total absence of any suggestion of a workable solution. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not what you said and I quote below. 

This thread sums up the whole situation, lots of opinion, lots of bilateral criticism, and the total absence of any suggestion of a workable solution. 

Yes I apologise my question or comment was poorly phrased, I however still believe that a solution is the action taken that solves the problem. What you have presented is a concept intended to solve the Gaza problem, there are many conceptual presentations offered, but so far no solution. I am not trying to critically appraise what you wrote, it was well conceived, and has been before, but without resolution. The error I am quite happy to state was all mine in my original comment that you have replied to. Which I hope is a resolution to any differences between us.

Just now, XB52 said:

The logical solution is a single secular state with no basis or laws defined by a single religion. Of course this will never happen. The events of the Nakba made sure of that, an event that is widely unknown outside of the Middle East. As soon as the Israeli state was founded and ratified they moved on the Palestinian population and cleared villages and towns with armed force and many civilian deaths. Towns were renamed with Hebrew names, 80% of mosques were destroyed as part of it. Hundreds of thousands of the Arab population were forced to leave their land and the country. This then destabilised Lebanon as their delicately balanced society was damaged with the arrival of so many Muslims causing the Maronite Christian population to become less dominant. This in turn led indirectly to the civil war there. It has also led to a resentment in other Arab nations of the Palestinians as countries like Jordan, Tunisia and Kuwait ended up with huge amounts of refugees who were seen as a financial millstone around the host countries necks. 
The country was also, despite what some people seem to think, changed beyond recognition as the population grew with people with no link to the region or knowledge of the social balance that had existed. Over 1.5m just from the former USSR alone. Israel became a de facto European nation in an Arab area in terms of the people. 
Palestinian families around the world still keep keys in their houses to the houses they lost as a symbol that one day they may return. The other effect of the Nakba is that it sealed the fate for many Jewish populations around countries in the Arab region as they were targeted and expelled. 

3 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

1 gram of decency that he has not taken yet :D

That’s for sure 👍

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is sacred to him.

He made a ‘joke’ on a thread that, amongst other things, has the content of over 40 children being murdered, ffs.

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Yes I apologise my question or comment was poorly phrased, I however still believe that a solution is the action taken that solves the problem. What you have presented is a concept intended to solve the Gaza problem, there are many conceptual presentations offered, but so far no solution. I am not trying to critically appraise what you wrote, it was well conceived, and has been before, but without resolution. The error I am quite happy to state was all mine in my original comment that you have replied to. Which I hope is a resolution to any differences between us.

No problem at all and no resolution required. I do admit to being a bit too emotionally involved in this subject for personal reasons. 

The sad fact is neither side will back down, there maybe a cessation of the current hostility’s but only till they individually or collectively hit the next trigger point. That is a reality of the entrenched views held on both sides. That is why an end to this will never happen. 

Just look at the Good Friday agreement and how some of the deep rooted views have never gone away. In my option the Good Friday agreement was basically a ceasefire which was working till Brexit then it opened up old feelings and gave them a foot hold. 

None of the Brexiteers gave that agreement any proper consideration principally because they didn’t understand it (not that I do fully either that’s one of the reasons why in the I thought Brexit was a bad idea, the agree wasn’t water tight for a breakup of the magnitude Brexit was.) 

Any treaty or ceasefire will never address the hardline on either side of the current escalation in hostilities because of the deal rooted beliefs they hold. 

I have no real answer to this other than we all need to show love and care for one another but as history shows that will never or be allowed to happen. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The logical solution is a single secular state with no basis or laws defined by a single religion. Of course this will never happen. The events of the Nakba made sure of that, an event that is widely unknown outside of the Middle East. As soon as the Israeli state was founded and ratified they moved on the Palestinian population and cleared villages and towns with armed force and many civilian deaths. Towns were renamed with Hebrew names, 80% of mosques were destroyed as part of it. Hundreds of thousands of the Arab population were forced to leave their land and the country. This then destabilised Lebanon as their delicately balanced society was damaged with the arrival of so many Muslims causing the Maronite Christian population to become less dominant. This in turn led indirectly to the civil war there. It has also led to a resentment in other Arab nations of the Palestinians as countries like Jordan, Tunisia and Kuwait ended up with huge amounts of refugees who were seen as a financial millstone around the host countries necks. 
The country was also, despite what some people seem to think, changed beyond recognition as the population grew with people with no link to the region or knowledge of the social balance that had existed. Over 1.5m just from the former USSR alone. Israel became a de facto European nation in an Arab area in terms of the people. 
Palestinian families around the world still keep keys in their houses to the houses they lost as a symbol that one day they may return. The other effect of the Nakba is that it sealed the fate for many Jewish populations around countries in the Arab region as they were targeted and expelled. 

Great post

Nothing will change unless the international community strangles the Apartheid state in the same way that it did in the 70and 80s with South Africa.

But as the USA and UK firmly back up everything Israel does (with the very occasional "tut tut"), nothing will change.

Sanctions, embargoes, defunding, boycotts, sporting bans etc. That's the only way to bring them back into line.

Israel has ignored or broken more UN resolutions than any other nation, by a big margin.

They are the very definition of a rogue state.

16 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Wonder if the march in Edinburgh today brought an end to this violence? 

At least they got out there and showed solidarity with the Palestinians.

Just as well Hearts didn’t need us to show solidarity in our time of need.

dobmisterdobster
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Israel demolishes a major media centre in the Gaza Strip.

It gave 1 hour's warning so all the international journalists could evacuate.

Wonder why they're so determined to blow up press communications?

Wouldn't be off committing more war crimes, would they?

Don't rent office space next to Hamas.

That building was used as a bunker to fire missiles at Israeli cities.

Civilians were evacuated but the building has to come down.

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Every time the IDF bombs a building, school, or refugee camp they claim it was used by Hamas. Every time the kill children they claim they were being used as human shields. Do you seriously believe Associated Press would rent space in a building that regularly had missiles coming out of it? Which part of the building did the missiles come from incidentally? 

dobmisterdobster
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Every time the IDF bombs a building, school, or refugee camp they claim it was used by Hamas. Every time the kill children they claim they were being used as human shields. Do you seriously believe Associated Press would rent space in a building that regularly had missiles coming out of it? Which part of the building did the missiles come from incidentally? 

Edited by dobmisterdobster

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Unmitigated pish from start to finish.

You're a disgrace.

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Unmitigated pish from start to finish.

You're a disgrace.

Hamas are a terrorist group just like Al-Qaeda or IS. They are not a resistance group.

This image is a war crime. Indiscriminately targeting civilians population centres.

E1T45NdXsAATHip.jpeg.558f59ded041a1a80bcf03af452a24db.jpeg

Israel has the right to respond which it has by destroying Hamas' tunnels and offices.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Do you seriously believe Associated Press would rent space in a building that regularly had missiles coming out of it?

This resurfaced 2014 article pretty much confirms the answer to be a definitive Yes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/11/how-the-media-makes-the-israel-story/383262/

The AP staff in Gaza City would witness a rocket launch right beside their office, endangering reporters and other civilians nearby—and the AP wouldn’t report it, not even in AP articles about Israeli claims that Hamas was launching rockets from residential areas. (This happened.) Hamas fighters would burst into the AP’s Gaza bureau and threaten the staff—and the AP wouldn’t report it. (This also happened.)

Spellczech
25 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Hamas are a terrorist group just like Al-Qaeda or IS. They are not a resistance group.

This image is a war crime. Indiscriminately targeting civilians population centres.

E1T45NdXsAATHip.jpeg.558f59ded041a1a80bcf03af452a24db.jpeg

Israel has the right to respond which it has by destroying Hamas' tunnels and offices.

What is a terrorist? Surely they are simply people fighting a cause which doesn't have Govt representation? 

What is war? Is it not just the violence that results from diplomacy failing? 

When society breaks down, people kill one another. Norms and nametags are surely pretty meaningless when we revert to being base animals?

Edited by Spellczech

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What is a terrorist? Surely they are simply people fighting a cause which doesn't have Govt representation? 

Their cause is fighting a holy war and killing all Jewish people in the middle east.

They are not a Palestinian resistance group like the PLO in the West Bank.

dobmisterdobster
21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What is war? Is it not just the violence that results from diplomacy failing? 

When society breaks down, people kill one another. Norms and nametags are surely pretty meaningless when we revert to being base animals?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets

Spellczech
7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Their cause is fighting a holy war and killing all Jewish people in the middle east.

They are not a Palestinian resistance group like the PLO in the West Bank.

Too simplistic. Who were the aggressors this time? The Israelis noising the Arabs and Christians up on a holiday combined with a land grab. TBH they are all nutters on each side. I once had an Arab landlord in London and remember trying to ask him to replace a broken dishwasher with a washing machine. He got all emotional and the next thing I found myself trying to calm him by saying "This is not about me threatening your children's inheritance, this is just business, pure and simple". 

The ME is highly complex and it is really difficult to summarise the history without writing a book...The Jews were booted out of the Middle East a long time ago, and managed to become victims of King John, Henry VIII, Charles the Fair, several Popes and the Spanish Inquisition, Facism and Communism, and eventually were given land again in the ME as guilt compensation following the Holocaust - You'd think the Israelis, better than anyone, would understand that displacing people causes resentment...

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Too simplistic. Who were the aggressors this time?

Mahmoud Abbas is in his 17th year of a 4 year term as President of the Palestinian National Authority.

There was supposed to be an election this year but it was postponed because Abbas would likely lose to Hamas in the West Bank.

In response Hamas fired rockets into Tel Aviv as a show of force which Israel retaliated against.

The result is that both sides will choose more radical leaders. Hamas would likely win in the West Bank and Netanyahu will retain power in Israel just as it was looking that a moderate coalition of different parties would take over.

Spellczech
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Mahmoud Abbas is in his 17th year of a 4 year term as President of the Palestinian National Authority.

There was supposed to be an election this year but it was postponed because Abbas would likely lose to Hamas in the West Bank.

In response Hamas fired rockets into Tel Aviv as a show of force which Israel retaliated against.

The result is that both sides will choose more radical leaders. Hamas would likely win in the West Bank and Netanyahu will retain power in Israel just as it was looking that a moderate coalition of different parties would take over.

True it doesn't suit either side to choose moderates - it's the fiery ME temperament in a nutshell. There will never be peace there. All that can be done is draw some lines in the sand.

The Gorgie
3 hours ago, Rizla said:

At least they got out there and showed solidarity with the Palestinians.

Just as well Hearts didn’t need us to show solidarity in our time of need.

Yeah im sure while the bombs were raining down they were happy to know people in Edinburgh were marching for them.

On 14/05/2021 at 19:06, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, the twitterati have spoken with their usual one eyed, ill informed and downright ridiculous garbage. 

One lot of religious nutters fighting another lot, all over 2 make believe figures. 

My god did this, your god is wrong. They're fictitious, they didn't perform miracles, they didn't come from higher power, its all made up shit. 

Nailed it. Religion is the curse of humanity. 

fabienleclerq

I've been trying to read a lot about this recently trying to understand the history is difficult as both sides are fiercely partisan. 

The bit that gets me with the latest nonsense is that people start with hamas fired rockets and the Israelis retaliated. Skipping over the reasons for the hamas attacks in the first place, the land grab and apartheid. 

I also think religion isn't as big a driver for this conflict as people think, its about land. 

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've been trying to read a lot about this recently trying to understand the history is difficult as both sides are fiercely partisan. 

The bit that gets me with the latest nonsense is that people start with hamas fired rockets and the Israelis retaliated. Skipping over the reasons for the hamas attacks in the first place, the land grab and apartheid. 

I also think religion isn't as big a driver for this conflict as people think, its about land. 

Israel completely vacated Gaza in 2005. Every single Jew left, people who were born and lived their entire life in Gaza were forced to leave.

Gaza is 100% Palestinian land. Not what I would call a land grab.

fabienleclerq
24 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Israel completely vacated Gaza in 2005. Every single Jew left, people who were born and lived their entire life in Gaza were forced to leave.

Gaza is 100% Palestinian land. Not what I would call a land grab.

Look at the maps throughout the years, they've slowly taken more and more land. Look at the settlements in the west bank, deliberately separating the Palestinians. Its absolutely about land and grabbing/controlling it. 

Gaza is a ghetto, access and exit controlled by Israel. 

The Israelis think its all historically theirs and are taking it back bit by bit. 

dobmisterdobster
9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Look at the maps throughout the years, they've slowly taken more and more land. Look at the settlements in the west bank, deliberately separating the Palestinians. Its absolutely about land and grabbing/controlling it. 

Gaza is a ghetto, access and exit controlled by Israel. 

The Israelis think its all historically theirs and are taking it back bit by bit. 

I don't approve of the West Bank settlements. I honestly don't see why the Oslo or Camp David agreements couldn't have been accepted.

Gaza has a Mediterranean coastline and a heavily fortified border with Egypt. So not entirely Israeli controlled.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I don't approve of the West Bank settlements. I honestly don't see why the Oslo or Camp David agreements couldn't have been accepted.

Gaza has a Mediterranean coastline and a heavily fortified border with Egypt. So not entirely Israeli controlled.

Do the Israelis not control any ships trying to enter? 

Historically I can understand folk leaning either way, this latest escalation is because of the west Bank occupation. 

Another tit for tat day I see. Hamas look like they've damaged a building, burnt out a car and probably damaged a road or two. Israel level three tower blocks killing 42 including 16 women and 10 children.

Edited by Homme

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Do the Israelis not control any ships trying to enter? 

Yeah they do. Gaza have a coast with no control over it. They have borders with no control over them.

The latest trouble is nowt to do with the illegal West Bank settlements, that's a decades-long issue.  

Nor is it to do with conditions in Gaza. The Israeli naval blockade and Israeli/Egyptian closed land borders have also been on the go for yonks.

It's not even really to do with the openly racist apartheid forced evictions law in East Jerusalem.  

It's all to do with internal politics both in Israel (4 elections in 2 years and a 5th looking likely) and in Palestine (Abbas cancelled elections as he was feart of Hamas getting more control).

That's what it's about. Internal power struggles in Israel and Palestine resulting in the civilian populations of both being blown up.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Another tit for tat day I see. Hamas look like they've damaged a building, burnt out a car and probably damaged a road or two. Israel level three tower blocks killing 42 including 16 women and 10 children.

3000 rockets in a week. Mostly intercepted by missile defence systems. Low death toll on the Israeli side is not for lack of trying.

E1gjMDrWEAEvas2.thumb.jpeg.cb95eadc3d07f78982580200e883e05e.jpeg

"This isn’t a conflict because more Israelis haven’t died" is not a slam dunk argument.

It will certainly never stop while Hamas have a hand in it. A terrorist group who devised a charter outright stating that it would never stop until Israel was wiped from the map and that all Jews globally, not just in Israel, must be exterminated. Anyone see the Israelis agreeing to that?

Article 13 There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer

It's not even about territory as such, it's simply about Jews having just a miniscule scrap of land in what they view as Islamic land. If some Arab entity had taken it over and even committed a total genocide there they wouldn't give the proverbial flying.

Here's an illustration of how tiny Israel is amidst Arab lands. That tiny little scrap of blue you can barely see.

Israel-in-the-vast-middle-east-620x310.j  

There's a saying. If the Arabs laid down their weapons tomorrow there would be no more war. If the Israelis laid down their weapons tomorrow there would be no more Israel.

dobmisterdobster
36 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It will certainly never stop while Hamas have a hand in it. A terrorist group who devised a charter outright stating that it would never stop until Israel was wiped from the map and that all Jews globally, not just in Israel, must be exterminated. Anyone see the Israelis agreeing to that?

There is no "meeting them half way" on this. Hamas are a terrorist group who publicly execute their political opponents on the streets.

The only way to stop them from shelling Israeli cities (at least in the short term) is to take out their bases and tunnels.

I'm not surprised that Hamas hid munitions in the press building. They run the neighbourhood like the mafia.

No journalism comes out of Gaza with Hamas' strict censorship. It's just like Soviet Union.

5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

There is no "meeting them half way" on this. Hamas are a terrorist group who publicly execute their political opponents on the streets.

The only way to stop them from shelling Israeli cities (at least in the short term) is to take out their bases and tunnels.

I'm not surprised that Hamas hid munitions in the press building. They run the neighbourhood like the mafia.

No journalism comes out of Gaza with Hamas' strict censorship. It's just like Soviet Union.

I have been asked don't you empathise with the people in Gaza having to live like this? Well of course I do to some degree. But on the other hand this is what they freely chose. They elected this terrorist band who stated this in their charter.

Article 13 There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer.

That's what they chose and that's what they're getting.

55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have been asked don't you empathise with the people in Gaza having to live like this? Well of course I do to some degree. But on the other hand this is what they freely chose. They elected this terrorist band who stated this in their charter.

That's what they chose and that's what they're getting.

Yeah, coz those Israeli governments are kosher. 

16 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Solution!? . Oh the irony. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah, coz those Israeli governments are kosher. 

I don't know what you're suggesting. Do Israeli governments have an intent of wiping put all Arabs? If not trying to equate them to Hamas is beyond absurd. And the fact is they actually could burn the entire middle east to the ground.

Are you so far out of touch with reality that you think Israel would still be there if Hamas could detonate a nuclear warhead over it?

On the other hand Israeli governments send out warnings hours ahead of planned attacks. Akin to Churchill sending out warnings that we're going to be bombing Cologne tonight. Get out of there if you can. In this respect they're the most humanitarian government in modern military history.

20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know what you're suggesting. Do Israeli governments have an intent of wiping put all Arabs? If not trying to equate them to Hamas is beyond absurd. And the fact is they actually could burn the entire middle east to the ground.

Are you so far out of touch with reality that you think Israel would still be there if Hamas could detonate a nuclear warhead over it?

On the other hand Israeli governments send out warnings hours ahead of planned attacks. Akin to Churchill sending out warnings that we're going to be bombing Cologne tonight. Get out of there if you can. In this respect they're the most humanitarian government in modern military history.

If you don't believe they wipe out the Palestinians today. You're a dumbass. 

The IRA sent out warnings anaw, and it doesn't stop me thinking they are fecking filthy scum. 

And BTW. It's OK to think what the Israeli state government , ISIS jihadists , Nazis, IRA scum and the British Empire have or is/are doing is despicable, without taking sides or being one or the other. I fecking hate the lot of these *****. 

Edited by ri Alban

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The IRA sent out warnings anaw, and it doesn't stop thinking they are fecking filthy scum. 

And BTW. It's OK to think what Israeli state government , ISIS jihadists , Nazis, IRA scum and the British Empire have are doing is despicable, without taking sides or being one or the other. I fecking hate the lot of these *****. 

If you think they do you're beyond dumb. Let me give you just one illustration of exactly how dumb. During what's called 'Black September' in 1970 Jordan, not Israel, killed more Palestinians in a matter of weeks than Israel had in decades to that point.

That's how dumb you're being. Wiping out Palestinians? Do you even have a grasp of basic arithmetic? They must be the most incompetent practitioners of genocide in recorded history even without mentioning their vast military capability.

They could wipe out Palestine overnight. If Hamas could wipe out Israel overnight it wouldn't be there in the morning. That's how dumb you're being.

Edited by JFK-1

dobmisterdobster

The death toll in the Israel-Palestine conflict in the past decade is fairly low.

Only a couple of thousand on the Palestinian side. Even less on the Israeli side because of their defence systems.

There are far bloodier conflicts going on. It's not a genocide, don't listen to Karen from Ohio on Tiktok who says it is.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It's not even about territory as such, it's simply about Jews having just a miniscule scrap of land in what they view as Islamic land. If some Arab entity had taken it over and even committed a total genocide there they wouldn't give the proverbial flying.

Here's an illustration of how tiny Israel is amidst Arab lands. That tiny little scrap of blue you can barely see.

Israel-in-the-vast-middle-east-620x310.j  

There's a saying. If the Arabs laid down their weapons tomorrow there would be no more war. If the Israelis laid down their weapons tomorrow there would be no more Israel.

Not sure that many Iranians would identify as Arab tbh. 

Malinga the Swinga
52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The IRA sent out warnings anaw, and it doesn't stop me thinking they are fecking filthy scum. 

And BTW. It's OK to think what the Israeli state government , ISIS jihadists , Nazis, IRA scum and the British Empire have or is/are doing is despicable, without taking sides or being one or the other. I fecking hate the lot of these *****. 

Your lack of knowledge continues to be demonstrated. Why not sort out West of Scotland and Glasgow's sectarianism problems before spouting the drivel you come out with. 

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ssshhhh. Don’t interfere with his expertise. 

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And I would agree, but do you really think that's a significant point crushing addition to the current discussion?

13 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Yeah im sure while the bombs were raining down they were happy to know people in Edinburgh were marching for them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they will at least take some comfort from the fact that people are supporting their cause by marching/protesting elsewhere.