Gaza.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Utterly heartbreaking situation in Gaza over the last number of days.

And yes Israel has suffered too, with kids dying to.

War in all its forms is an outdated method of resolving political and religious  tensions between nations and countries.     

No matter the politics people and children should not die like this.

186453662_1918776074955168_1474042677649062687_n.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dobmisterdobster

• Cade

• maroonlegions

• JFK-1

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Utterly heartbreaking situation in Gaza over the last number of days.

And yes Israel has suffered too, with kids dying to.

War in all its forms is an outdated method of resolving political and religious  tensions between nations and countries.     

No matter the politics people and children should not die like this.

186453662_1918776074955168_1474042677649062687_n.jpg

Its just a never ending cycle of violence and each side will always accuse the other of being the aggressor. 

The UN , US and the Arab league should all be ashamed .

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Its just a never ending cycle of violence and each side will always accuse the other of being the aggressor. 

Try the UK and US. They put these headbangers there. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

is there anything you don't blame the UK for? 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Try the 1000 years of being brutalised in  Europe and the Holocaust for why they're there .

Captain Sausage

Just don’t get it. Both sides want to exterminate each other but I’m sure that, when you scratch the surface, Jerusalem and Gaza will be made up of normal people, who want to provide a life for their families and do their best to live a happy life. 

Sad and terrifying in equal measure how quickly and easily everyone can be whipped up into an absolute hatred of the other side for nothing other than the imaginary sky fairy they believe in. 

The usual story:

Political problems in Israel (they've had 4 general election in less than two years and look like having a 5th) leads to increased rhetoric and punitive laws in an attempt to win votes.

This leads to Arab protests.

Israel crushes the protestors.

Hamas act the twat and fire rockets.

Israel demolishes the Gaza Strip.
This lead to more tough guy laws....

Rinse and repeat.

The "vote winning" law that Israel has passed this time around is that any Jewish person that can prove that their family lived in a certain house before 1948 can take it back and the army will forcibly evict anybody living in that house, with no compensation.

Not a compulsory purchase order, just oot on your erse with nothing.

There is no reciprocal law for Palestinians who were evicted after 1948 or after Israel annexed East Jerusalem in 1967.
Obviously, this wee ethnic cleansing law has upset Arab citizens of Israel.

This time it's not just the Israeli "defence" force in play: large mobs of far-right zionists are smashing up Arab businesses and attempting to lynch people in the street.

Apartheid is alive and well in the middle east.

Hamas have done nothing but make things worse, as usual.

Heartbreaking scenes but there are fanatics on both sides. 
As the Captain says though, probably many decent people but a maelstrom of religious mania. 
A land chosen by a god ? 
I’m on a different bus from these people.

maroonlegions

Well if the UK and the US get dragged into  this then no doubts Russia/China will to. Easily turn into a new cold war.

maroonlegions

If there was ever an image captured showing the true level of the bully and the kid, then this is it.

Palestinian boy with small stone in “clashes” with a Israeli tank - BBC.

185830240_3811147675674063_4879769852017158834_n.jpg

Jeffros Furios
Just now, maroonlegions said:

If there was ever an image captured showing the true level of the bully and the kid, then this is it.

A small child  shouldn't  be playing Russian roulette with a tank, where are the adults ? 

Saw Gal Gadot getting savaged for saying basically neither the Israelis or Palestinians deserve to suffer

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

A small child  shouldn't  be playing Russian roulette with a tank, where are the adults ? 

The crew won’t know he’s there…..being in a tank viewing out is like looking through a smarty tube…….even with all the hi tech gadgets.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The Arab League aren't getting involved any more. The Saudis and the UAE have mostly made peace with Israel.

Hamas are also in electioneering mode.

Abbas recently postponed the election of the Palestinian Authority (feart of losing it so now Hamas are playing the hard man to gain votes).

As always, the whole thing is a complete mess and civilians are the ones that pay the price.

Edited by Cade

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hamas should know better, shoot rockets at Israel and they'll respond will extreme force.

It's meant to be a show of force against the PLO who cancelled elections in the West Bank.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Saw Gal Gadot getting savaged for saying basically neither the Israelis or Palestinians deserve to suffer

Yep, the twitterati have spoken with their usual one eyed, ill informed and downright ridiculous garbage. 

One lot of religious nutters fighting another lot, all over 2 make believe figures. 

My god did this, your god is wrong. They're fictitious, they didn't perform miracles, they didn't come from higher power, its all made up shit. 

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The Arab League aren't getting involved any more. The Saudis and the UAE have mostly made peace with Israel.

Yep, pretty much every Arab nation wants **** all to do with Palestine and West Bank. 

Hamas don't want things to change or improve as they would lose their authority and power. 

Just a glorified bunch of gangsters. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

As Trump/bbc would say, there are good/bad people on both sides. Totally ignoring 70 odd years of apartheid

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, the twitterati have spoken with their usual one eyed, ill informed and downright ridiculous garbage. 

One lot of religious nutters fighting another lot, all over 2 make believe figures. 

My god did this, your god is wrong. They're fictitious, they didn't perform miracles, they didn't come from higher power, its all made up shit. 

It's actually one lot of religious nutters kicking Arabs out of their land to create greater Israel as promised them by their God. Palestinians just want to be able to live in their land, the land they lived in for thousands of years. Unlike the zionists who are mostly European immigrants

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The beautiful peaceful serene calmness if religion didnt exist eh! Its twatterati though 😉

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

It's actually one lot of religious nutters kicking Arabs out of their land to create greater Israel as promised them by their God. Palestinians just want to be able to live in their land, the land they lived in for thousands of years. Unlike the zionists who are mostly European immigrants

I think it was a commentary about the general idiocy of religious bullshit not specifically this one particular situation

JimKongUno
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Bloody European immigrants are nothing but trouble. I take it your a brexiteer then aye

34 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It's meant to be a show of force against the PLO who cancelled elections in the West Bank.

Congratulations to them for the hardship and suffering they are causing their people. 

Malinga the Swinga
54 minutes ago, sadj said:

The beautiful peaceful serene calmness if religion didnt exist eh! Its twatterati though 😉

Can't be. I got booted off thread on Terrace for using that. 

Malinga the Swinga
54 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think it was a commentary about the general idiocy of religious bullshit not specifically this one particular situation

It was. Fighting in the name of a prophet so powerful you can't draw a cartoon of him, against another who was so powerful he achieved nowt apart from causing wars over last couple of thousand years. 

What the **** is religion about and why can't people see they are being played as idiots by preachers of myths, stories and lies. 

Almost as long as I have been alive I have been aware of Israel and its problems. I recall the end of WW2 and the identification of the terrible places the Reich had exposed the Jewish people to. I also recall the boatloads of camp survivors being brought under British control to what was to become in 1948 Israel, I remember the thanks the Brits got, the murder of them and the attacks by Jewish activists, the founding of the Palestine Police to control the activism. The creation of the Jewish state, the building of an excellent military the wars fought and won. Now again it seems violent unrest is happening again, being a WW2 child it seems after the camps  one tends to side with Israel, but being older also tends to make one wonder why they never seem to be able to live in peace. I am not a close follower of Middle East politics, but I almost come to the conclusion that the whole area is a nightmare, and living in peace and contentment is just not in the curriculum. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fecksake, I thought he was deed for a minute there. 

You don’t possess one ounce of decency, do you?

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You don’t possess one ounce of decency, do you?

I'm replying to you, am i not?

29 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm replying to you, am i not?

Ok, you’ve got one ounce of decency.

SectionDJambo

It just seems a situation with no answers as long as people think that a town or piece of land belongs to them because of a story about their particular God telling them that it’s rightfully theirs.

Meanwhile, people who just want live their lives peacefully are under constant threat of either side of the agitators starting a conflict to swing an election or distract from some corruption they are involved in.

It is madness in it’s purest human form.

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Correct . The Balfour declaration was one of the worse decisions ever made in history 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Correct . The Balfour declaration was one of the worse decisions ever made in history 

Not to forget the Sykes Picot carve up. 

8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It just seems a situation with no answers as long as people think that a town or piece of land belongs to them because of a story about their particular God telling them that it’s rightfully theirs.

Meanwhile, people who just want live their lives peacefully are under constant threat of either side of the agitators starting a conflict to swing an election or distract from some corruption they are involved in.

It is madness in it’s purest human form.

In a way I agree with you but the Palestinians don't believe their land or towns belong to them because of some religion. They have been there long before Mohammed and only want to be able to live in their homes 

Of course there are religious nutters/terrorists using their rights to forment hate 

Edited by XB52

Jambo-Jimbo

Unrest in the Middle East has been a contant theme for Millennia, go back 4000+ years to Pharaonic Egyptian times and there's been near contant fighting in the region, whether it be over land, resources or religion it doesn't seem to matter, the peoples of the region always seem to find some excuse to wage war on their neighbours.

For the last 70 years or so it's the Israeli's who have been the dominant force in the region, the oppressed have now become the oppressors, but that seems to be the way it works in this region as there always seems to be somebody/people who are being oppressed/abused in the region, usually by their own rulers, just look at modern and ancient times, in places such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, the Arab states, none of whom are bastions of human rights, either now or way way back in time, all this though has helped to shape the culture of the Middle East.

Hamas knows only too well what the response from Israel will be when they fire rockets into Israel, and Israel reponds in the only way they can, by unleashing what is seen as overwhelming force, to do anything less would be seen as a sign of weakness, it's the way it works in the M.E.

Hamas fire 10 rockets into Israel, Israel launch's 100 airstrikes on Gaza, Hamas fire 1000 rockets, Israel..........you get the picture, and everytime it's civilians who are the pawns in the game and pay the heaviest price.

Can there ever be peace between Israel & the Palestinians, I'd like to think so, but I can't see it in my lifetime, as both sides would have to give up what they would consider as too much ground, literally in some cases, so ultimately round and round we go with each side blaming the other and each side killing each other.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

In a way I agree with you but the Palestinians don't believe their land or towns belong to them because of some religion. They have been there long before Mohammed and only want to be able to live in their homes 

Of course there are religious nutters/terrorists using their rights to forment hate 

I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinian people. I have imagined what would have happened if, say, Scotland had been the place that religious transcripts had said should be the nation of the Jewish people. The Scottish people then being removed from their centuries old homelands to accommodate people from numerous countries. 

It maybe sounds ridiculous but sometimes you have to imagine wearing another man's shoes. The Palestinians seem to still be continually squeezed out of their homes by religious nutters, who then give the other side's religious nutters an excuse to create conflict. Meanwhile, ordinary people are living in a hellish situation with little or no real help from the nations who helped create this mess.

I don't claim to fully understand the history of this, and I understand Israel's right to a peaceful existence now, but it just seems to be a continual process of provocation, blaming the other side, and a suffering of people who deserve their security and peaceful existence too.

JimKongUno
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

The folk that were there before Mohammed will be deid now. It's the folk living there now that's the issue. 

It absolutely is about religion, the Muslims didn't want a bunch of Jews moving in. The Jews that moved in didn't want to live beside Muslims. If it wasn't for the religious bigotry they'd all be able to live together and get on fine

People still don't quite fully understand the situation until they see maps like this:

The illegal Israeli settlements are not few and far between, it's a slow motion invasion/replacement that's been happening since 1948.

_97869556_west_bank_settlement_624map_19

Palestinians are living in disconnected reservations on their own land.

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, Cade said:

The usual story:

Political problems in Israel (they've had 4 general election in less than two years and look like having a 5th) leads to increased rhetoric and punitive laws in an attempt to win votes.

This leads to Arab protests.

Israel crushes the protestors.

Hamas act the twat and fire rockets.

Israel demolishes the Gaza Strip.
This lead to more tough guy laws....

Rinse and repeat.

The "vote winning" law that Israel has passed this time around is that any Jewish person that can prove that their family lived in a certain house before 1948 can take it back and the army will forcibly evict anybody living in that house, with no compensation.

Not a compulsory purchase order, just oot on your erse with nothing.

There is no reciprocal law for Palestinians who were evicted after 1948 or after Israel annexed East Jerusalem in 1967.
Obviously, this wee ethnic cleansing law has upset Arab citizens of Israel.

This time it's not just the Israeli "defence" force in play: large mobs of far-right zionists are smashing up Arab businesses and attempting to lynch people in the street.

Apartheid is alive and well in the middle east.

Hamas have done nothing but make things worse, as usual.

Good summary 

17 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Probably dead ? 

17 hours ago, sadj said:

Saw Gal Gadot getting savaged for saying basically neither the Israelis or Palestinians deserve to suffer.   She’s an evil boot 🥾 she was in the IDF killing machine 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good summary 

Probably dead ? 

You are not allowed to demonise either of the below actors thank you 😉

Gal Gadot

Gina Carano 

1 hour ago, JimKongUno said:

The folk that were there before Mohammed will be deid now. It's the folk living there now that's the issue. 

It absolutely is about religion, the Muslims didn't want a bunch of Jews moving in. The Jews that moved in didn't want to live beside Muslims. If it wasn't for the religious bigotry they'd all be able to live together and get on fine

You keep saying Muslims but there are thousands of Palestinian Christians who have lived there(OK to be pedantic their ancestors) for 2000 years. If Israel would stick to the internationally approved borders then there would be (relative) peace overnight. Instead the zionist movement has spent 54 years evicting Palestinians from their homes while the world, well USA and UK stand back and, in the case of USA, actually pay them to build their illegal settlements. 

22 minutes ago, Cade said:

People still don't quite fully understand the situation until they see maps like this:

The illegal Israeli settlements are not few and far between, it's a slow motion invasion/replacement that's been happening since 1948.

_97869556_west_bank_settlement_624map_19

Palestinians are living in disconnected reservations on their own land.

I fully understand the ins and outs of the situation but what happened in 1906, 1907, 1947, 1967 etc... is completely irrelevant to the situation now. What has happened in the past cannot be changed. The only way forward is to deal with the situation as it is. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You keep saying Muslims but there are thousands of Palestinian Christians who have lived there(OK to be pedantic their ancestors) for 2000 years. If Israel would stick to the internationally approved borders then there would be (relative) peace overnight. Instead the zionist movement has spent 54 years evicting Palestinians from their homes while the world, well USA and UK stand back and, in the case of USA, actually pay them to build their illegal settlements. 

Exactly . It’s depressing and heartbreaking is Israel is effectively bank rolled by the USA . It’s basically a genocide of a people . Not mincing my words with it 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are not allowed to demonise either of the below actors thank you 😉

Gal Gadot

Gina Carano 

No she doesn’t get a free pass Sadj sorry 😢 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I fully understand the ins and outs of the situation but what happened in 1906, 1907, 1947, 1967 etc... is completely irrelevant to the situation now. What has happened in the past cannot be changed. The only way forward is to deal with the situation as it is. 

The situation as it is, is that Israel has illegal settlers in the west bank. Get them out and you can have peace

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The situation as it is, is that Israel has illegal settlers in the west bank. Get them out and you can have peace

If you just ignore sanction after sanction, nothing can be done. The yanks have the whip hand. The Israelis don’t abide by International law, and why should they when America has their back ?

A bigger war is the only way things would change. They know it and so do the the other big hitters.