Litter dropping Ba$£@£ds

Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown

Just walked up to my local scotmid.

A car had just pulled up driver dived into the shop.

As I passed the fat cow in the front seat eating a kebab supper promtly throws out the poly bag.

"What the hell are you doing, you cant throw on the street like that"

"I'll do what I like"

"Go pick it up please"

"No"

Ok, so I picked it up myself and  threw back in the passenger window".

It came straight back out, but im pleased with myself for trying.

The you BF tooted and gave me a nice gesture as he passed me. Well not so nice.

Spitonastranger
11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

As I passed the fat cow in the front seat eating a kebab supper promtly throws out the poly bag.

"I'll do what I like"

"Go pick it up please"

"No"

Well done, they are a$$5holes

Remember at a bus stop a few years. After stuffing her 12 scotch pies down her throat, the fat cow let the Greggs bag fall casually to the ground. Despite the fact that their was a bin literally outside the bus shelter. I didn’t even get a chance to say something to her as a wee auld dear gave her it stinking. The boots face was the colour of an Aberdeen top as she sheepishly picked it up and put it in the bin.

Littering is a pet hate of mine. Absolutely no need for it.

Edited by iantjambo

The worst ones are the guys that try to justify it by saying “ah well. I’m keeping someone in a job hahaha” or some such.

Arseholes!

Weakened Offender

It's utter pondlife behaviour. You can definitely argue that there should be more bins about but the nick of the streets and parks in and around Edinburgh is shocking. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Passed along the Lanark to Linlithgow road a month or so back, from the Westfield roundabout to Lithgae. Anyone who knows this road will know its not a road to walk along (no footpath etc) but every 40/50 metres on both sides were bags of rubbish waiting on a council wagon picking them up. As I said, its not a road to walk along so this rubbish must be coming from cars and 2/4 council workers are expected to walk it and bag the shit.

There is no point in trying to reason with scum like that.

They have no morals, no decency and no respect.

Lone Striker
31 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's utter pondlife behaviour. You can definitely argue that there should be more bins about but the nick of the streets and parks in and around Edinburgh is shocking. 

Not convinced more bins would make much difference.  There's a bin about 100 yards from me, yet by the time the cooncil empty it each week, there's  McDonalds wrappers and juice cans on the ground around it - thrown out the window of  passing cars.    The cooncil guys blitzed the litter in my local park in March, and made a great job of it.  6 weeks later, it's a fecking mess again. 😠    

34 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Passed along the Lanark to Linlithgow road a month or so back, from the Westfield roundabout to Lithgae. Anyone who knows this road will know its not a road to walk along (no footpath etc) but every 40/50 metres on both sides were bags of rubbish waiting on a council wagon picking them up. As I said, its not a road to walk along so this rubbish must be coming from cars and 2/4 council workers are expected to walk it and bag the shit.

I know exactly what you're describing.   The B825 (Lithgae Brig up to the canal at Bridge49) is the same every few weeks.  Sometimes every 50 yards there's carpets, fridges, clothes, bags of sh1t - probably thrown out of a cowboy house clearance van.   To their credit, Falkirk Cooncil respond pretty well when you tell them about it.  

There's a cracking big sign at a piece of woodland near Bridge 50 -

NO FLY TIPPING OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.      True, dat - saves them a fortune in legal fees. :kirk:    Punctuation is important, folks

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

"I'll do what I like"

"Go pick it up please"

"No"

Good on you. Sadly there’s no way you’ll win an argument with utter pondlife like this. 

23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:kirk:    Punctuation is important, folks

:yas:    

Good man. My two pet hates, litter dropping and folk not picking up their dugs shite. Not enough is done about these morons. 

ArcticJambo

Was at Tynie getting tix for Livi away, whenever that was but whenever we never got to go as season ended for fans before the match.  Anyway, I've come up McLeod St and walking along Gorgie Road back towards the car parked on one of the Wardlaws and being lunchtime there's tonnes of kids milling around generally making their way back to TynieHS.  Three lads probably third year one of which has one of those polystyrene chippie trays, just chucks it down against the wall near the muzies (is there muzies there? - between the chippie & the Tynie arms) so I pull him up on it.

"No I didn't"

"I saw you throw it down, there's a bin not 5yards back there, pick it up and bin it"

Looks at me like nahh not having it

"Pick it up and put it in the bin"

Nothing

"Pick it up"

"**** you!"

"Pick it up"

"**** you!"

"You're an utter disgrace, and embarrassment to yourself and your school" :lol:

Walks on like bothered, couldn't give a shiny one.

Absolutely pointless with some folk. Adults that do it really get on my tits, mind.

Howdy Doody Jambo

These Covid-19 face masks are the new poly bag thousands will end up in field's, oceans and every other gutter of every city in the world 

These are the types of absolute cretins that will be first to complain when something irks thrm aswell. 

Selfish, thick as pigshyt, ignorant and self-entitled. Can't see the world past their own noses. The world owes them a living yet they give feck all back. 

Салатные палочки

Well done for confronting them. Absolute scumbag behaviour. The ones I hate the most are those who sit in their cars stuffing their faces with fast food and can't seem to walk the ten yards to the bin so just open the door and drop their cartons, cups, napkins and leftover food right at the side of their cars and piss off. Scum. 

Should be an on the spot £1000 fine if caught. No contest. 

AlimOzturk
9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Well done for doing what you did. 

I’m at the exasperated stage with scum. 

I’ve tried over the years but they don’t listen to reason and I’m not going to lower myself to scrapping with them. 

I’ve just accepted that 99% of people are dicks and I don’t allow them to annoy me any more. 

I disagree that 99% people are arseholes tbh. Arseholes just tend to stick out the most and make it seem like that. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Good man. My two pet hates, litter dropping and folk not picking up their dugs shite. Not enough is done about these morons. 

This.

frankblack

To be honest I am half-surprised the OP didn't end up getting a slap.

Often it is better staying out of it.

indianajones

Absolute scum that are used to getting their way and having someone else clean up behind them.

Well done OP. 

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

These Covid-19 face masks are the new poly bag thousands will end up in field's, oceans and every other gutter of every city in the world 

Just picked one off my street and put it in my bucket, a crisp bag been dumped over the road, will 

get that later.

Jeffros Furios

I could also post this in the seethe thread but there's plastic bottles and other rubbish around the swan's  nest on Craiglockhart pond . If I catch anyone in the act they will be discovered a few years from now in a shallow pit on the hill. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Just picked one off my street and put it in my bucket, a crisp bag been dumped over the road, will 

get that later.

Well done, you've got a job on your hands, nothing worse than a flying crisp packet 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Well done, you've got a job on your hands, nothing worse than a flying crisp packet 

its a constant battle, but a minute each couple o days keeps my area tidy.

ArcticJambo

Was in Cockenzie last Sat, two lads mid teens I reckon just at entrance to the Cockenzie & Port Seton Community Bowling Club and football pitch, one takes two bottles of water out of his bag, puts one in the bin then tosses the other (which was half full - I'm trying to remember if he poured some out or not but can't honestly remember) onto the grass near the hedge.  Minor wiggo from me, which he may or may not have seen, but nevertheless off they go.

Seen a lot of half empty water bottles around lately, is it a thing? :lol:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Two points. Firstly, young primary school kids are all taught not to drop litter. They have projects showing the problems litter causes and most at an early age seem to be on board with this. So when does the change come? Suspect it's from their parents and/or peer pressure. And secondly, the local Council's will get the blame for litter on the streets. 'Bloody disgrace', 'look at the state of the streets, the Cooncil should do something about it'. They don't seem to get it into their thick heads that it's not the Councils who are dropping the litter. Makes my blood boil...............and breath 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Even out here in the country they are becoming a problem, laying in the streets, in fields, river banks, they are just getting everywhere.

skinnybob72

Some people are scum and there's really no hope for them. Best to just hope they die young after a worthless life. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Some people are scum and there's really no hope for them. Best to just hope they die young after a worthless life. 

Usually Hibs supporters .

If anyone is looking for a way to get fresh air, keep fit(tish), and fight back against these scumbags, get one of these, some good PVC gloves, some strong rubbish bags and spend a few hours each week picking up litter (even just an hour - anything will make a difference). There are also loads of community groups and support networks now who organise clean-ups.

61jGYzLgKFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you come across fly-tipped rubbish, you can report it through the Dumb Dumpers website (https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/DumbDumpers) - they pass the report on to the local council. If you see fly tippers in real time, a call to 101 can do the trick if the police have a car in the area and don't have their resources tied up protecting Home Office immigration vans.

Obligatory motivational (but true) spiel: We can all make a difference!

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If anyone is looking for a way to get fresh air, keep fit(tish), and fight back against these scumbags, get one of these, some good PVC gloves, some strong rubbish bags and spend a few hours each week picking up litter (even just an hour - anything will make a difference). There are also loads of community groups and support networks now who organise clean-ups.

61jGYzLgKFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you come across fly-tipped rubbish, you can report it through the Dumb Dumpers website (https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/DumbDumpers) - they pass the report on to the local council. If you see fly tippers in real time, a call to 101 can do the trick if the police have a car in the area and don't have their resources tied up protecting Home Office immigration vans.

Obligatory motivational (but true) spiel: We can all make a difference!

I do this - on a fairly infrequent basis - with some like-minded people. Sometimes I worry that the increasingly large number of litter-pickers is actually sending the wrong message to the ignorant morons - that there will always be someone there to clear up their shit. We may make a slight, temporary difference on a local basis, but the national picture is almost beyond the point of no return. We must be talking third or fourth generation arseholes now. The road verges - embarrassingly including those in our National Parks - give a good indicator of just how many people must chuck stuff out of their car windows as a lifestyle choice. What the hell are the rest of their decisions in life like?

I‘d like to see more enforcement in the form of hefty fines, to be honest. I’d also like the SG to make litter a much higher priority, or indeed any kind of priority. 

I drove along the main road from the M90 past Kirkcaldy and Leven to the East Neuk a couple of weeks ago. The absolute state of it. Christ knows what tourists heading to the Fife coastal route must think. Absolutely shameful.

Edited by leginten

It’s to be hoped that the long awaited and long overdue deposit return scheme will not only reduce the amount of litter from discarded cans and bottles but will have a knock-on effect on attitudes to other forms of littering. If it doesn’t, there is really no hope. 

@leginten: Why don't you write to the Greens and ask them how they are going to influence the new government's litter policy? I too would like to see far more emphasis on this by the SG. When was the last time you saw any infomercials or adverts about not littering, for example? The topic needs to be introduced and kept in the public's consciousness.

It doesn't really matter about the "wrong message to the ignorant morons". That's an educational/criminal thing. We need to be cleaning up rubbish, imo, to protect the environment and its wildlife (and also each other and our pets when it comes to things like broken glass) from the damage caused by our fellow human beings. It's a practical move.

Never give up hope. Just keep working to make things better.

Edited by redjambo

Same rubbish everyday. Macdonalds, kfc, burger king, costa, Greggs, coke, monster..

These companies should bare some responsibility for the mess. Maybe sponsoring a litter pick up.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Or just as bad, they bag it, pick it up and then hang it from a branch on a tree. WTAF??? Hobbit behaviour IMHO.

43 minutes ago, westbow said:

Same rubbish everyday. Macdonalds, kfc, burger king, costa, Greggs, coke, monster..

These companies should bare some responsibility for the mess. Maybe sponsoring a litter pick up.

I remember seeing an idea a few weeks ago, not sure where though. 

When you are going to a drive through, prior tonhamdong over the food, the staff should write your car reg number on the wrappers.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

I remember seeing an idea a few weeks ago, not sure where though. 

When you are going to a drive through, prior tonhamdong over the food, the staff should write your car reg number on the wrappers.

Tell them its been marked with a UV pen so they won't know where its marked. There is only 5% Vat on takeaway food, I would slap on a health tax together with a cleaning up after you tax.

33 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Or just as bad, they bag it, pick it up and then hang it from a branch on a tree. WTAF??? Hobbit behaviour IMHO.

Aye. When I stayed in Dundee, they had dog poo bins everywhere and that seemed to work to an extent. I have no idea why Edinburgh Council don't follow suit and put bins up as well as actually going out and fining folk who don't clean up after their dug. 

20 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

"I'll do what I like"

"Go pick it up please"

"No"

You need to be careful Tommy. Her husband doesn't know what's happening. And if it was me and some ***** is abusing my Mrs when I walk out the shop, they'll end up in the bin. 

Just pick it up and bin it, less hassle. 

Edited by ri Alban

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You need to be careful Tommy. Her husband doesn't know what's happening. And if it was me and some ***** is abusing my Mrs when I walk out the shop, they'll end up in the bin. 

Just pick it up and bin it, less hassle. 

Your right and @frankblack

Madness in the moment, i lost my cool.

I came out of the shop and older woman asked what that was all about.

I told her the story, but she confused me by telling me it was her car daughter.

Needless to say she didnt pick it up either.

50 yards down, they drove by blasting the horn and gave me the middle finger.

So his confrontational skills are even weaker than mine.

Im quite happy that it will most likely niggled them more than me when home.

Think i started a thread a few years ago when i confronted a young dog walker for leaving shit behind.

A couple of posters slaughtered me for it, the boy muttered abuse as he walked away. 

Few things anger me more than to see discarded plastic, cans and bottles. £80 fixed fine should be doubled. 

frankblack
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your right and @frankblack

Madness in the moment, i lost my cool.

I came out of the shop and older woman asked what that was all about.

I told her the story, but she confused me by telling me it was her car daughter.

Needless to say she didnt pick it up either.

50 yards down, they drove by blasting the horn and gave me the middle finger.

So his confrontational skills are even weaker than mine.

Im quite happy that it will most likely niggled them more than me when home.

Think i started a thread a few years ago when i confronted a young dog walker for leaving shit behind.

A couple of posters slaughtered me for it, the boy muttered abuse as he walked away. 

Sometimes you need to look after yourself and keep your head down for your own safety.  Too many bams out there.

A robust centre forward
4 hours ago, westbow said:

I now do regular picks near where I live in Midlothian. There are groups which have sprung up on FB and the council supply litter pickers etc if you apply via their web site and you can also arrange for it to be collected. I was shocked at the volume of discarded litter and wonder why these cretins think it is acceptable to do so.

Positives from this is that it definitely keeps you fit and also good to socialise with like minded people during lockdown.

McDonald's are now on board where I stay along with Tesco and are going to support 4 picks a year, by supplying some staff, catering etc. 

I went on their first litter pick about four weeks ago in a wood which had been turned into a bottle bank. In three hours we collected nearly 200 bags of bottles and cans, numerous broken hoovers, barbeque grills, scooters, furniture, bicycles and even the full roof of a conservatory. Why do people find this acceptable. 

I am old enough to remember the Keep Britian Tidy adverts with Roy Hudd and personally feel that stiffer penalties should be passed for this offence.

As for fly tippers, a recent FOI request to Midlothian Council discovered there has only been one court conviction in four years. No wonder so many fly tip when they know at the moment there is virtually no chance of being taken to court

4 minutes ago, A robust centre forward said:

I now do regular picks near where I live in Midlothian. There are groups which have sprung up on FB and the council supply litter pickers etc if you apply via their web site and you can also arrange for it to be collected. I was shocked at the volume of discarded litter and wonder why these cretins think it is acceptable to do so.

Positives from this is that it definitely keeps you fit and also good to socialise with like minded people during lockdown.

McDonald's are now on board where I stay along with Tesco and are going to support 4 picks a year, by supplying some staff, catering etc. 

I went on their first litter pick about four weeks ago in a wood which had been turned into a bottle bank. In three hours we collected nearly 200 bags of bottles and cans, numerous broken hoovers, barbeque grills, scooters, furniture, bicycles and even the full roof of a conservatory. Why do people find this acceptable. 

I am old enough to remember the Keep Britian Tidy adverts with Roy Hudd and personally feel that stiffer penalties should be passed for this offence.

As for fly tippers, a recent FOI request to Midlothian Council discovered there has only been one court conviction in four years. No wonder so many fly tip when they know at the moment there is virtually no chance of being taken to court

Respect to you for doing that. :thumbsup: 

On 13/05/2021 at 21:26, FinnBarr Saunders said:

A dangerous road I know it well. Even more dangerous if someone is hanging out the window throwing crap out it while taking those bends. 

7 hours ago, westbow said:

Roads around Newbridge is terrible up at my work further up at J2 ind est all away along that road is full of it .it shocking . 

22 hours ago, inspector said:

it's not the Councils who are dropping the litter. Makes my blood boil...............and breath 

It’s a regular occurrence that the bin lorry and its workers generate most of the litter in my street. I’m not sure the design of the trucks that pick up the big communal dumpsters is great and I’m often the rubbish is neither in the truck or the bin. The council staff don’t pick it up.