Elliott Frear

iantjambo

Elliott Frear will find his place in Hearts folklore sitting nicely alongside Leigh Jenkinson and Kevin Twaddle.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So he may have made it up ? Okay that’s a great way of sweeping it under the carpet I suppose. Blame the victim. Deny it. Move on like nothing happened except a bitter ex employee making outrageous false statements.

You sound like a UEFA official now

This has all been discussed.

I'm not "blaming the victim" but an accusation is not the end of the story.  To many in today's society it is however but in a fair world it is not.

Just becuase Isma said it does not make it true.

No shock Budge jumped in 2 feeet first and condemned our fanbase though.

To many

Accusation = conviction

Fair world

Accusation + evidence + fair impartial investigation = conviction

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Juanma's attitude stank and he was lazy

Wighton was horseshiot and his face annoyed me 

Isma played the race card and tried to throw Hearts fans under the bus - I don't like that much

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

This has all been discussed.

I'm not "blaming the victim" but an accusation is not the end of the story.  To many in today's society it is however but in a fair world it is not.

Just becuase Isma said it does not make it true.

No shock Budge jumped in 2 feeet first and condemned our fanbase though.

To many

Accusation = conviction

Fair world

Accusation + evidence + fair impartial investigation = conviction

So because there is no evidence he is 'played the race card and tried to throw Hearts fans under the bus'.

What a scummy idiotic thing to say.

Glamorgan Jambo

I can't really get too angry about the signing of Frear. It was a short contract and he was a known quantity. I'd doubt he was on a huge salary and he chipped in with a few goals. It was only the last few games when one of our signings (Logan) seemed to grasp that we wanted our wide players to stay wide rather than drift all over the place a la Frear, Roberts, Kastaneer. 

7 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

So because there is no evidence he is 'played the race card and tried to throw Hearts fans under the bus'.

What a scummy idiotic thing to say.

Yes, I personally believe he made it up.  Just my opinion of course.  Far too many people came out and said they were there beside his girlfriend and heard/saw nothing.

I would suggest it is 'scummy' to instantly think the worst of our own fanbase.  I personally think more of us than him.

Edited by i8hibsh

Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yes, I personally believe he made it up.  Just my opinion of course.  Far too many people came out and said they were there beside his girlfriend and heard/saw nothing.

I would suggest it is 'scummy' to instantly think the worst of our own fanbase.  I personally think more of us than him.

Fair play for your honesty.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Frear was on a one year deal, he’s hardly been punted. 
If he was ruthless he would’ve dropped Halliday, if he doesn’t show loyalty why did he play Berra so many times? 
If you’re not in his plans he will

discard you but I’m yet to be convinced he’s got a ruthless streak like Jose for example. He’s much more likely to tell a player look you won’t be playing as opposed to ostracising them completely. 

Why ostracise anyone who is under contract and who you are paying. 

It's not a ruthless streak to completely bin players under contract who you may need to play for you at some point. 

In fact, it's poor management. 

Jose... 😳

The comparisons on here are ****ing brilliant at times. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Wonder if Roberts will get a second chance? Tempted to keep him as back-up for wide, AM and up front based on his first few games for us and his Well form. But it looks like GMS and Walker will be competing for his position ahead of him, plus we might have Ginnelly and Naismith, so might be better to cut him loose and hopefully promote a youngster to back-up.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wonder if Roberts will get a second chance? Tempted to keep him as back-up for wide, AM and up front based on his first few games for us and his Well form. But it looks like GMS and Walker will be competing for his position ahead of him, plus we might have Ginnelly and Naismith, so might be better to cut him loose and hopefully promote a youngster to back-up.

This is what gets me.  We should be saying after 1 poor game "should he get a second chance", we are reduced to saying this after a season, in some cases more than that.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, i8hibsh said:

This is what gets me.  We should be saying after 1 poor game "should he get a second chance", we are reduced to saying this after a season, in some cases more than that.

No, we really shouldn't. Players are allowed poor games.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, we really shouldn't. Players are allowed poor games.

Any manager who "allows" players to have a poor game is not fit for purpose.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Weird. That's not what that means.

wattie exploited

he wasnt great but he done ok scored 2 goals so good luck with your next club I dont understand why we have to slag all the players off as he was,nt the worse player we have signed by a country mile :rifle:

5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Is extremely worrying. 

He even had Frear on trial and then offered him a contract FFS

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

He was always a stop gap. We had to recruit fast, especially to add some width, and to be fair he was part of a squad that started the season very well. Experience of the Scottish game, etc, etc. Maybe JJ recommended him, he was SD then?

5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

When you say "low" basic...... is it really too low to attract decent players ?   Compared to Hibs/Aberdeen for example ?  When the club is receiving millions in unearned income from FoH & benefactors ?    

Definitely. 

14 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Maybe looking for something else in a player. Good hairstyle?

WoolfordsHearts
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Do many players still get signing on fees?

I think we pay signing off fees,usually to get duds like frear to **** off earlier than they normally would.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why ostracise anyone who is under contract and who you are paying. 

It's not a ruthless streak to completely bin players under contract who you may need to play for you at some point. 

In fact, it's poor management. 

Jose... 😳

The comparisons on here are ****ing brilliant at times. 

Did he not ostracise Moore, then Berra ? Was that poor management? 
When comparing ruthlessness who should’ve I have compared him to, Terry Butcher? The guy who told players they were being replaced, then got him relegated? Exactly the same excuse you used for our poor play from January onwards? Which is it, can’t have it both ways? Are you criticising the all conquering championship manager of the month,  nay the century so far. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did he not ostracise Moore, then Berra ? Was that poor management? 
When comparing ruthlessness who should’ve I have compared him to, Terry Butcher? The guy who told players they were being replaced, then got him relegated? Exactly the same excuse you used for our poor play from January onwards? Which is it, can’t have it both ways? Are you criticising the all conquering championship manager of the month,  nay the century so far. 

Nah, as per you miss the point(s) all together as you descend into rant mode. 

You are adding 2 +2 and getting 45.34

ford donald
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good decision by Robbie and the team to let him go - he never showed enough at all

Bad decision to sign him in the first place,looked kike a rabbit in the headlights.

5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

When you say "low" basic...... is it really too low to attract decent players ?   Compared to Hibs/Aberdeen for example ?  When the club is receiving millions in unearned income from FoH & benefactors ?    

FoH and any benefactor money is the only money coming in at the moment though. 

The Gorgie

Such a scared and timid player. Would have shit his pants in packed Tynecastle. I doubt he was on mega money, but a waste of money at that.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m guessing that opinions are like arseholes, we’ve all got one .

🤣

56 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he wasnt great but he done ok scored 2 goals so good luck with your next club I dont understand why we have to slag all the players off as he was,nt the worse player we have signed by a country mile :rifle:

Agreed , its unreal the contempt some people have for anyone and everything Hearts. When we do well its no different. Others can be positive or negative then theres others in a league of their own with opinions that have been strewn across JKB today and in the past that make you wonder how they survive in 2021

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing Jesus 🤣🤣🤣🤣 This is probably your best post ever. 

HillmanHearts

Didn’t really click.

Never got going and his confidence just wilted away.

Hope he does well at his next club.

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, as per you miss the point(s) all together as you descend into rant mode. 

You are adding 2 +2 and getting 45.34

The next time you have a valid point will be the first time. 
Bye now. 

Class of 75
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is that ***** Malaury Martin still on our wage bill? I believe he still has 1 year left.

Good at taking free kicks apparently. But yes a complete waste of a signing. Seemingly had a serious injury prior to coming to us so was always a gamble

Most of us were unenthused with this signing.

We didn't think he'd be any good, he wasn't any good.

Why did we sign him when we didn't need him?

Why did we have to punt McDonald, freeze out Moore and barely play Henderson?

It is ridiculous.

Brighton Jambo

Personally not sure I share the rage about Frear, he was on really low wages, comfortably less than a quarter of the top earners.  He scored a couple of goals and got us a couple of assists and now moves on.

No harm done, cost us very little, no big deal.  

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I can't really get too angry about the signing of Frear. It was a short contract and he was a known quantity. I'd doubt he was on a huge salary and he chipped in with a few goals. It was only the last few games when one of our signings (Logan) seemed to grasp that we wanted our wide players to stay wide rather than drift all over the place a la Frear, Roberts, Kastaneer. 

This is where I am.  Frears wages were not much more than what the youngsters were getting.  

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Where did McDonald go when he left us? 

He went to Spain and then ICT but I don't think that's particularly relevant.

Us not developing a youngster to sign an older player unlikely to be any better isn't good enough.

Tasavallan

Budget dictated.  Robbie had his formation already blossoming in his head.  He wanted wide men but his selection of wingers was poor and injury to Ginelly didn't help.

In the end, all roads lead to Neilson.

He is lucky there were no fans in the stadium when he played.

He slept with a football player and thats the best you can say about him.

#UtterlyUseless and a gimp.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, sadj said:

🤣

Agreed , its unreal the contempt some people have for anyone and everything Hearts. When we do well its no different. Others can be positive or negative then theres others in a league of their own with opinions that have been strewn across JKB today and in the past that make you wonder how they survive in 2021

true indeed :rifle: 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, sadj said:

🤣

Folk are in a constant fret. 

Just so full of anger and hate. 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

FoH and any benefactor money is the only money coming in at the moment though. 

Not strictly true.   Good number of ST's were still sold, some PPV  income, advertising revenue probably still decent due to TV coverage, restaurant/hospitality back up and running.

I was thinking in terms of a normal season though.    Have we really shot ourselves in the foot by now offering players a basic salary which can be easily beaten by Hibs/Aberdeen ?

Anyone got a list of each club and the ppv money they received this season? I'd wager we were 3rd highest.

3 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Such a scared and timid player. Would have shit his pants in packed Tynecastle. I doubt he was on mega money, but a waste of money at that.

Even a conservative guess of 1200-1500 pound a week, he has maybe pocketed 50 odd grand in the past year from us for literally doing nowt 🤕🤮🤢🤒🥴

More than me this past year, makes you feel sick the free lunches we offer any old waif or stray under this regime....

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Glottis said:

Most of us were unenthused with this signing.

We didn't think he'd be any good, he wasn't any good.

Why did we sign him when we didn't need him?

Why did we have to punt McDonald, freeze out Moore and barely play Henderson?

It is ridiculous.

Morrison would’ve done as well

as Frear too. Not playing any of those four is the point people are missing. 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Even a conservative guess of 1200-1500 pound a week, he has maybe pocketed 50 odd grand in the past year from us for literally doing nowt 🤕🤮🤢🤒🥴

More than me this past year, makes you feel sick the free lunches we offer any old waif or stray under this regime....

Exactly, he didn’t leave his family behind for a few hundred quid a week. More of our money wasted, when the answer was just along the corridor so to speak. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The next time you have a valid point will be the first time. 
Bye now. 

Why don't you try to argue the case instead of constantly playing the man.?

9 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We should avoid buying any ex Motherwell players in the future.

This^ they havent been kind to us have they? John (the statue) Sutton and Elliot (never a winger) Frear.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone got a list of each club and the ppv money they received this season? I'd wager we were 3rd highest.

Interesting question, I think It's got to be us that's the 3rd highest.

The money thats been wasted from the board/management is truly frightening over the last 6 years, we never seem to learn either, Damour still on the books, getting a scary wage for nowt, wonder who our next useless journeyman that gets a 4 year deal will be? Hopefully not, but theres always a chance under this regime.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This^ they havent been kind to us have they? John (the statue) Sutton and Elliot (never a winger) Frear.

Interesting question, I think It's got to be us that's the 3rd highest.

The money thats been wasted from the board/management is truly frightening over the last 6 years, we never seem to learn either, Damour still on the books, getting a scary wage for nowt, wonder who our next useless journeyman that gets a 4 year deal will be? Hopefully not, but theres always a chance under this regime.

Remember Conor Sammon

:facepalm:

Levein and Neilson were so desperate for him they would have given him a six year deal. Settled for 4 though thank ****.

I mean, what possible justification was there for this deal. Levein is a stand up guy but there has to be some part of you that questions if there was agent bungs going on. I would never accuse him of it but i'd be lying if I never thought it with all the quite ridiculous deals and signings over the past 7 years 

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Kenny Black came from Well did he not? Thats if we are talking players direct from them which Sutton was. If its players that played for both , Iain Ferguson , Jim Hamilton and Colin McAdam weren’t bad for us. Pettigrew too but he was an enigma.

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Frear was the most pointless footballer I can recall playing for Hearts. 

Sammon was worse and cost us a helluva lot more money.