Elliott Frear

iantjambo

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Trying to learn from previous mistakes but maybe gone just too far. I’m sure it will be sorted soon. 

If not, we're going to miss out on the better players. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Holyrood_Hearts
30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I used to just hate Old Firm and Hibs players.  How sad that I hate so many Hearts players now.

Players who I actually despise in the Budge era:

Craig Wighton

Maluary Martin

Loic Damour

Isma Goncalves

Juanma

That ROI player who joined us and thought he was too good and performed poor every game

And countless others I have forgotten

What a strange list. What have Wighton, Isma & Juanma done? 

Hectormasson
37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If it was not so real i'd be laughing my tits off at how we let that happen.

Swansong damour ratatata🎵🎶🎼

11 appearances, 2 goals, a few assists.  Would Moore have done better or worse?  Who knows.  Probably no better or worse imo, though Moore also needed to be fighting to play regular first team football at his age.  Don't think he managed to do that at Arbroath but didn't follow too closely.

One thing that should be recognised as a positive of Neilson's management is that he doesn't seem to have any problem punting players that don't look up to it.  Hence Moore and Frear leaving.

During his previous spell we saw guys like Ozturk, Juanma, Gomis, etc moved on after doing well for us.  I thought some of the decisions were a bit harsh, but I'd choose a manger that is ruthless over one that's too loyal.

He seemed to have been in 2 minds as to whether to join us in the first place given where he was based. Never worked, move on. 

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Very few and far between in our end of the market (the arse end)

This may help

Signing-on fees are payable to the player at the discretion of the new club and will normally have been agreed between the player and the new club during transfer negotiations. The signing-on fee payable to the player is stated in the contract and is normally payable by equal instalments over the period of the contract, which may sometimes include the period over which there is an option to extend the contract.

At the discretion  of the new club so mibbies aye, mibbies naw.  Obviously a matter for negotiation so confirms there is no one size fits all.

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What I don't understand is what did Robbie see in him that made him want to sign him? Surely you check to see if he would fit in with your playing strategy before wasting money. It seems too much like levein, sign and see if he fits in, if not loan him out. Too much has been wasted on this trial and error system and it has to stop. Sign only players who will improve the team.

Agree with all you say.     A glimmer of hope is that  he was signed pre-Savage - hopefully Joe will  do thorough homework on all signing targets from now on.     

leith_dude

Frear came in on trial initially and obviously did enough on that trial to warrant a years contract.

Folk saying Moore should have been used instead - I'm sure Moore had the opportunity to impress in pre-season and he must have failed to do so. I thought Moore did well in some games under Stendel but given he ended this season on the bench for Arbroath I'm not sure he has what it takes. 

Frear came, failed to make the most of his stars and ended up supplementing the squad, now he has gone.  Not a lot to get upset about.

ToadKiller Dog

Not going to be harsh on him ,seems he struggled with not being able to see his family who were in Exeter due to covid ,plus an injury .

While I dint think he was right for us ,I don't have any dislike for him wasn't lazy  .

Hope his next club works out for him.

SectionDJambo

We forget that we were trying to recruit players under the circumstances of the demotion, not being allowed to train, and our season not starting until October. It didn't make us too attractive for a super calibre of player so maybe Hearts' pool of choice was similarly unattractive. There are 2 clubs, in particular, in the Premiership who knew that our demotion would hurt us and help them in direct competition for available players.

I wish Elliot Frear the best of luck for his future and I'm glad he's able to live with his family again. It can't be easy for anyone to live away from the family home even in these days of super telecommunications.

Lone Striker
40 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Low basic is always going to be a problem. 

When you say "low" basic...... is it really too low to attract decent players ?   Compared to Hibs/Aberdeen for example ?  When the club is receiving millions in unearned income from FoH & benefactors ?    

Bazzas right boot

Why do folk assume that Moore, Morrison etc would be happy or want to sign for us knowing they'd be binned when promoted. 

Very Likley these guys wanted to move for 1st team football and stability they were not getting at Hearts. 

Frear was a punt that had top flight experience, should hace been decent but wasn't very good. 

Part of the promotion winning team, time for better. 

- Goodbye and good luck. 

Folk get far to wound up about every signing and don't judge them on the merit they were signed. 

Frear was signed short term to fill a gap we had, in a shortened championship season. 

Damour on the other hand.... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Frear wasn't the worst tbf. Seemed a bit of a panic signing. We needed wingers and he was available and cheap at the time. 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Damour will be costing us at least 200k per year

:jj_facepalm:

Is that a guess or a fact?

Damour has been a terrible signing in hindsight but as I've said before it looked a good signing at the time for a problem area in the team.

He had been playing regularly in the top 2 divisions in England and one would have expected him to make a much more favourable impact than he did - a bit like Whalen before him.

I8, with his far seeing knowledge, is now going to tell us who we should sign who will NOT be a failure and what is a fair wage to attracr him/them.

Edited by JamboAl

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that a guess or a fact?

Damour has been a terrible signing in hindsight but as I've said before it looked a good signing at the time for a problem area in the team.

He had been playing regularly in the top 2 divisions in England and one would have expected him to make a much more favourable impact than he did - a bit like Whalen before him.

I8, with his far seeing knowledge, is now going to tell us who we should sign who will NOT be a failure and what is a fair wage to attracr him/them.

Based on reasonability.

It is reasonable to suggest he is on at least £3,846 per week (200K per year) seeing as he came from Cardiff City and we signed him when we were in the Premier League.

Edited by i8hibsh

Rocky jamboa

I don't get the situation with Damour, or the one we had with Martin either. Although neither set the heather on fire, they weren't that bad that they need to be frozen out for the rest of their contracts. For instance, neither were as bad a Frear or Roberts. I'm sure damour could have done a job in the championship. 

It's like the club are in a huff with the player because they're not as good as we hoped they would be!

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

One piece of deadwood gone.

Just add him to the list of shite we have signed over the last 5 years!

Forever Hearts
44 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a strange list. What have Wighton, Isma & Juanma done? 

Very little. That's why they're on the list. 

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I don't get the situation with Damour, or the one we had with Martin either. Although neither set the heather on fire, they weren't that bad that they need to be frozen out for the rest of their contracts. For instance, neither were as bad a Frear or Roberts. I'm sure damour could have done a job in the championship. 

It's like the club are in a huff with the player because they're not as good as we hoped they would be!

Their attitudes clearly stank.

Both seem happy to not be playing.  The proof of this for me is thta fact they are not handing in transfer requests.

Good innings for a footballer is about 10 - 12 years at a decent level.  These wasters seem contempt sititng drinking coffee all day up town.

Juanma's attitude stank and he was lazy

Wighton was horseshiot and his face annoyed me 

Isma played the race card and tried to throw Hearts fans under the bus - I don't like that much

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Neilson tracked him for 18 months 😂😂

That's the thing he did chase him for ages. 

Why would you constantly watch him and think he could actually even play football. 🙄

Jim Panzee
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Based on reasonability.

It is reasonable to suggest he is on at least £3,846 per week (200K per year) seeing as he came from Cardiff City and we signed him when we were in the Premier League.

quite possibly could've been on more as a signing from the english championship - perhaps even £5k a week - £250k a year. 

pre arrival it looked a good signing - I don't think anyone didn't want him. Played well in the EFL champ - 29 games at a good level and when Cardiff were doing well. 

him and whelan should've done far far better than they did for us.

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

quite possibly could've been on more as a signing from the english championship - perhaps even £5k a week - £250k a year. 

pre arrival it looked a good signing - I don't think anyone didn't want him. Played well in the EFL champ - 29 games at a good level and when Cardiff were doing well. 

him and whelan should've done far far better than they did for us.

It is our mentality that cascades to them.

Not that i'd ever blow smoke up Rangers arse but they accept nothing but victory and 100% from all at the club.

Damour is like a player they would have signed and got the best out of like a Kamara or a Tavernier.

We just seem to accept they are shite and let it be.

indianajones
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I used to just hate Old Firm and Hibs players.  How sad that I hate so many Hearts players now.

Craig Wighton

Maluary Martin

Loic Damour

Isma Goncalves

Juanma

That ROI player who joined us and thought he was too good and performed poor every game

Honestly cannot think who this is? 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Honestly cannot think who this is? 

Whelen

been here before
45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Damour will be costing us at least 200k per year

:jj_facepalm:

Not one penny has come from you though so why would you care?

indianajones
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Whelen

Ah yeah. Says it all I couldn't even remember who it was. 

He was utter pish. Found out extremely quickly by the last decent manager we have had in the past decade. 

Jim Panzee
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Ah yeah. Says it all I couldn't even remember who it was. 

He was utter pish. Found out extremely quickly by the last decent manager we have had in the past decade. 

I'm sure Whelan did OK in his first match or two - and then faded away badly.

a common theme for a fair number of our signings. 

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Just thinking about that wage thieving **** gives me the rage. Hope he leaves Hearts and doesn’t get another club for the rest of his career.

With the contract we gave him and the amount he’s “stolen” from us I don’t think he’ll need to get another club. Hearts have paid for his retirement. Doubt he is giving two hoots.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

11 appearances, 2 goals, a few assists.  Would Moore have done better or worse?  Who knows.  Probably no better or worse imo, though Moore also needed to be fighting to play regular first team football at his age.  Don't think he managed to do that at Arbroath but didn't follow too closely.

One thing that should be recognised as a positive of Neilson's management is that he doesn't seem to have any problem punting players that don't look up to it.  Hence Moore and Frear leaving.

During his previous spell we saw guys like Ozturk, Juanma, Gomis, etc moved on after doing well for us.  I thought some of the decisions were a bit harsh, but I'd choose a manger that is ruthless over one that's too loyal.

Frear was on a one year deal, he’s hardly been punted. 
If he was ruthless he would’ve dropped Halliday, if he doesn’t show loyalty why did he play Berra so many times? 
If you’re not in his plans he will

discard you but I’m yet to be convinced he’s got a ruthless streak like Jose for example. He’s much more likely to tell a player look you won’t be playing as opposed to ostracising them completely. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

He wasn't good enough, i doubt anyone could argue against that. I wonder what other signing options we had at the start of last season? With covid and our demotion i doubt there were many players lining up to join us. 

I think Moore would’ve contributed just as much as Frear, Roberts or Kastaneer. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Frear was on a one year deal, he’s hardly been punted. 
If he was ruthless he would’ve dropped Halliday, if he doesn’t show loyalty why did he play Berra so many times? 
If you’re not in his plans he will

discard you but I’m yet to be convinced he’s got a ruthless streak like Jose for example. He’s much more likely to tell a player look you won’t be playing as opposed to ostracising them completely. 

I suppose it depends on how much ******* behaviour you’re willing to accept from your manager in order to get success. I’d like to think that our club wants a reasonably decent human being in charge. 

Frear won us the free kick for Ginnelly’s goal in the Cup Final, I think.   That’s probably all I can bring to mind as a positive.

First league game - Roberts and Ginnelly were buzzing.  Second league game- no Roberts, Ginnelly got injured, on comes Frear.  Downward spiral.

Pasquale for King

Bye bye, Just be glad you never experienced a full Tynecastle as you would’ve needed years of therapy ya useless *****. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I suppose it depends on how much ******* behaviour you’re willing to accept from your manager in order to get success. I’d like to think that our club wants a reasonably decent human being in charge. 

I think If you look at the best nowadays, Klopp or Pep they are good guys first and foremost but are ruthless in their pursuit of success. They have charism and are leaders. Neilson isn’t any of those things. 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I believe so but cannot be certain if it's srill a common integral part of transfers.

Nowadays I thought it was pretty much only the guys at the top end of a clubs wage structure and they accept a signing on fee spread over the contract so that the club doesn’t have to break its basic wage structure ceiling. 

Churchill Barrier

A player who looked scared to be involved, and that was without fans. 5 minutes watching him you could tell he was way out his depth, how on earth did he convince on trial? With the exception of Gordon ( who neilson didn't sign) our summer signings were dreadful. 

Randy Marsh
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Wighton

Maluary Martin

Loic Damour

Isma Goncalves

Juanma

Juanma and Goncalves?   I would take those two back in an instance.  Two weird players to despise if you ask me.  I would say two of our best signings during the 'Budge era' (admittedly that dosent say much). 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Based on reasonability.

So, it's not fact - just guesswork to suit an agenda.

I could guess that he signed for us on a much lower wage maybe because he received a golden handshake to leave while his manager was lauding him as someone who would be a good successful signing for Hearts.

gowestjambo
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What I don't understand is what did Robbie see in him that made him want to sign him? Surely you check to see if he would fit in with your playing strategy before wasting money. It seems too much like levein, sign and see if he fits in, if not loan him out. Too much has been wasted on this trial and error system and it has to stop. Sign only players who will improve the team.

To make matters worse - he was on trial with us for a month before the Genius Robbie Neilson signed him.....

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So, it's not fact - just guesswork to suit an agenda.

I could guess that he signed for us on a much lower wage maybe because he received a golden handshake to leave while his manager was lauding him as someone who would be a good successful signing for Hearts.

Eh, did I say it was?

11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Juanma and Goncalves?   I would take those two back in an instance.  Two weird players to despise if you ask me.  I would say two of our best signings during the 'Budge era' (admittedly that dosent say much). 

Juanma was lazy and Goncalves treated the fans with contempt.

Hearts fans are way more important to me than any player.   

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Juanma's attitude stank and he was lazy

Wighton was horseshiot and his face annoyed me 

Isma played the race card and tried to throw Hearts fans under the bus - I don't like that much

Juanma was one of those goal scorers who didn’t do much else. I’d bite your hand off for him now.

Wighton. But of a confidence player that no one had any confidence in

Isma. Racial abuse incident he quite rightly highlighted and which was disgusting. I’d throw any Hearts fan under a bus for it without any qualms.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Eh, did I say it was?

You certainly implied it - based on reasonability.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Juanma was one of those goal scorers who didn’t do much else. I’d bite your hand off for him now.

Wighton. But of a confidence player that no one had any confidence in

Isma. Racial abuse incident he quite rightly highlighted and which was disgusting. I’d throw any Hearts fan under a bus for it without any qualms.

Alleged Racial abuse incident

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Alleged Racial abuse incident

So he may have made it up ? Okay that’s a great way of sweeping it under the carpet I suppose. Blame the victim. Deny it. Move on like nothing happened except a bitter ex employee making outrageous false statements.

You sound like a UEFA official now