Pre Season Friendlies 2021/22

Footballfirst

Saint Jambo

Good to see Henderson on the scoresheet. He'd be a notable absence from the scorers in some of the other high scoring friendlies. If he is to make it as a centre forward, he needs to be clinical.

Good also to see Walker manage 45minutes a day after play 30minutes in a competitive game. I'm still hopeful his reported knee issues can be managed in a way that allows him to contribute significantly this season.

Interesting to see Stone play. Presumably he is on a development loan that allows him to continue training with us part-time. With Partick being full-time, I assumed he would basically be with them throughout.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Stu_HMFC

• John Findlay

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Good to see Henderson on the scoresheet. He'd be a notable absence from the scorers in some of the other high scoring friendlies. If he is to make it as a centre forward, he needs to be clinical.

Good also to see Walker manage 45minutes a day after play 30minutes in a competitive game. I'm still hopeful his reported knee issues can be managed in a way that allows him to contribute significantly this season.

Interesting to see Stone play. Presumably he is on a development loan that allows him to continue training with us part-time. With Partick being full-time, I assumed he would basically be with them throughout.

Walker and most of the senior pros hardly put anything into the game for the first half hour, at which point GFR was giving as good as they got.

Henderson was his usual frustrating self, getting into good positions but with a low conversion rate.  He needs to work on improving his left foot in general play.

Footballfirst

I've heard that Hearts have three friendlies lined up for next week.  I assume that they are reserve/youth fixtures.

Mon - Chelmsford City, Wed - Leicester City and Fri - Man Utd. I don't know the venues/ko times yet.

On 16/07/2021 at 10:53, Footballfirst said:

I've heard that Hearts have three friendlies lined up for next week.  I assume that they are reserve/youth fixtures.

Mon - Chelmsford City, Wed - Leicester City and Fri - Man Utd. I don't know the venues/ko times yet.

As someone who is off their work this week, I would be interested to know where these games are taking place and ko times. Please let me know if you hear anything. 

Footballfirst
34 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

As someone who is off their work this week, I would be interested to know where these games are taking place and ko times. Please let me know if you hear anything. 

All I've heard (not guaranteed) is that tomorrow's game is at Ainslie Park with a 10.30 am ko, and Friday is at the Oriam at 5pm, but I haven't had those details confirmed.

Man Utd is bringing up their U18S and U23s and are basing themselves at the Oriam. They have another game lined up for Thursday against Hibs.

Niemi’s gloves
On 16/07/2021 at 10:53, Footballfirst said:

I see that Chelmsford City got cuffed 5-1 by Spartans yesterday (and their academy team lost 5-0 to Spartans academy team). Actually a bit surprised by that - I’d have thought National League South in England would be up to Lowland League standards but perhaps they are an earlier stage of pre-season.

Niemi’s gloves

Confirmed on Chelmsford City’s twitter that their Academy side are playing a Hearts Academy side at Ainslie Park at 10.30 this morning. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Footballfirst

Hearts line up

Spratt

Spence Flatman Beagley

Kemp Sandilands Gordon King Tait

Hambrook Devlin

Subs Paris Nair L Smith Neilson

Footballfirst

Tomorrow's game v Leicester will be played by a reserve squad, at Tynecastle with a noon ko, but behind closed doors.

I still don't have confirmation about arrangements for Friday's game v Man Utd

On 18/07/2021 at 12:52, Footballfirst said:

All I've heard (not guaranteed) is that tomorrow's game is at Ainslie Park with a 10.30 am ko, and Friday is at the Oriam at 5pm, but I haven't had those details confirmed.

Man Utd is bringing up their U18S and U23s and are basing themselves at the Oriam. They have another game lined up for Thursday against Hibs.

Man Utd are up at the Marriott at HW the hotel have ordered from my work full of water and gatorade referenced Manchester United took it up earlier seen no one . 

Footballfirst

Hearts v Man Utd U18s 0-0 at ht. Only playing 40 mins then 2 x 15 mins at 9 a side on a short pitch.

McFarlane

Aitken Rathie Flatman 

Beagley Gordon Denholm Tait

Sandilands Kirk Hambrook

Man Utd better on the ball but Hearts competing well. McFarlane has made a couple of great saves and they also hit the bar. Kirk came closest for Hearts with an attempted lob over the keeper.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I left after a couple of minutes of the 9-a-side stuff as that was little more than a training exercise for U18s.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I left after a couple of minutes of the 9-a-side stuff as that was little more than a training exercise for U18s.

Should have looked here first mate.ta

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

Bounce game against Raith Rovers this afternoon.

Strong reserve side starting with Stewart Haring McEneff and Popescu, along with the usual youngsters, like Henderson McGill and Smith

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Bounce game against Raith Rovers this afternoon.

Strong reserve side starting with Stewart Haring McEneff and Popescu, along with the usual youngsters, like Henderson McGill and Smith

Maybe a trialist CH?

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Maybe a trialist CH?

No

Stewart

McGill Darge Popescu

Smith Pollock Haring McEneff Henderson

Gnanduillet

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No

Stewart

McGill Darge Popescu

Gnanduillet

Got to say it’s nice to see them playing 3 at the back. If any are called in to first team they’ll be playing a similar set up. 

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No

Stewart

McGill Darge Popescu

Gnanduillet

Is that not only 10 players?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is that not only 10 players?

Yup. Missed Watson at LWB

Subs: Stone Flatman Docherty Tait Denholm Schiavone Kirk

Drone camera. Angus Beith

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Half time 0-1 

Raith scored with the last kick of the half.

Hearts have created nothing. The whole management team are watching and won't be impressed by anyone.

Pollock went of injured after 30 mins to be replaced by Denholm.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Haring, McEneff or Gnando doing anything of note?

Haring would probably get 5 out of 10. The other pair wouldn't have troubled the scorers.

I think Gnando thought he would only be playing 45 mins, by the way he threw off his boots at HT.  However he probably got a bollocking and was told he was staying on, as he showed a bit more energy for 10 minutes.  He was subbed along with Haring after an hour, immediately following Raith's second.

Raith was well organised and Hearts were lacking ideas in how to break them down.

Smith went closest with a shot off the post while it was 1-1, but barring a couple of pressurised clearances Hearts rarely threatened.

Flatman's goal was a header from a Watson free kick out on the right.

The most vocal person on or off the field was Steven Naismith, although all his attention seemed to be on Henderson, who captained the side. 

Walker was out injured with an ankle knock and both McGill and Pollock were injured during the game.

Edited by Footballfirst

Rick Sanchez
34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Haring would probably get 5 out of 10. The other pair wouldn't have troubled the scorers.

I think Gnando thought he would only be playing 45 mins, by the way he threw off his boots at HT.  However he probably got a bollocking and was told he was staying on, as he showed a bit more energy for 10 minutes.  He was subbed along with Haring after an hour, immediately following Raith's second.

Raith was well organised and Hearts were lacking ideas in how to break them down.

Smith went closest with a shot off the post while it was 1-1, but barring a couple of pressurised clearances Hearts rarely threatened.

The most vocal person on or off the field was Steven Naismith, although all his attention seemed to be on Henderson, who captained the side. 

Walker was out injured with an ankle knock and both McGill and Pollock were injured during the game.

Cheers for that mate 👍

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I see McGill got taken off during Airdrie’s defeat at the weekend. Hopefully neither are are out for long. 

Captain Scarlett
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was walker injured at the weekend or been frozen out ? Would imagine if he was fit he would of played in this also ? 

I hope the management team have realised he’s Keek.