• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

There are definitely some people who will revel in his failure and some who are hoping for it. 

Oh, this will definitely happen. I’ve made no secret I wasn’t happy and wanted him out. But - and it’s mainly down to not having any choice in the matter - I’ll give him a chance to prove himself. And if the team go up the table and stay there then I’ll admit I was wrong. Currently, with no signings made and only who’s left from last season and what we seen on the pitch, I’m not confident he will do well it has to be said. BUT I’d be more than happy to be proved wrong and give credit where credit is due.

However you’re right, there are some people who are too stubborn in our support to the point they’re almost willing failure. For instance they do it with players like Sean Clare, they would go over the top bashing him and when he started to play well were silent. First average or below average performance they come out of the woodwork again. Same will happen with Neilson, but it’s really up to him to prove everyone who doubts him wrong.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you think will do well? And if yes - or no for that matter - why?

I think it will mainly depend on our signings to be honest but also whether we have a period like we did mid last season where we were uninspired and insipid. So, basically I’m unsure at present. 

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

According to wiki, aged 22 but just 19 career appearances. He's scored 7 goals from them, which is a reasonable strike rate. 

it's shocking, though, that a professional footballer can reach that age but with so few games under his belt.

The modern game, eh?

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

According to wiki, aged 22 but just 19 career appearances. He's scored 7 goals from them, which is a reasonable strike rate. 

it's shocking, though, that a professional footballer can reach that age but with so few games under his belt.

The modern game, eh?

Pretty sure the guy has just been suggested as has ‘bongo’ in his name because Bongo posted a video with bongo in it. As he does every transfer window.

Think we start back training tomorrow from what I heard so would be best to get any signings done today or at least this week 🤞

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very rarely do you have your signings done for pre season, certainly not all of them, would have been nice to have had a couple done though. However maybe not a bad thing, window after all does not close until 31 August, if I were a player, I wouldn't be jumping at first offer.

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Pretty sure the guy has just been suggested as has ‘bongo’ in his name because Bongo posted a video with bongo in it. As he does every transfer window.

Ah!

That'll teach me to read the previous page first. 😊

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Very rarely do you have your signings done for pre season, certainly not all of them, would have been nice to have had a couple done though. However maybe not a bad thing, window after all does not close until 31 August, if I were a player, I wouldn't be jumping at first offer.

Not sure many will cope waiting that long.

Myself included.

I'm not expecting anything today. But there's three days between Czech and England that are just perfect for some "wowing".

Edited by martoon

44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is today the day then? Awfy quiet still.

Unless we managed to mess up a deal that was 99% done last week I expect most likely him announced tomorrow if not this evening. If we wait any longer I have 0 clue what we are waiting on as I’ve not heard anything reason for the hold up 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Unless we managed to mess up a deal that was 99% done last week I expect most likely him announced tomorrow if not this evening. If we wait any longer I have 0 clue what we are waiting on as I’ve not heard anything reason for the hold up 

A deal was close last week? What position was it for? Nationality etc?

Would be good to get an idea of what we are up to.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not sure many will cope waiting that long.

Myself included.

I'm not expecting anything today. But there's three days between Czech and England that are just perfect for some "wowing".

Doubt it. Those 3 days will be full of the media's sucking of the England teams boabby as they build themselves up into the certainty of world dominance. Alongwith the probable total capitulation by the world's football authorities  as we all agree that its pointless trying to beat those footballing gods and just start handing them trophies.

We could sign Messi during that period and it wouldn't be big news.

5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Cheers mate :flag1:

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Doubt it. Those 3 days will be full of the media's sucking of the England teams boabby as they build themselves up into the certainty of world dominance. Alongwith the probable total capitulation by the world's football authorities  as we all agree that its pointless trying to beat those footballing gods and just start handing them trophies.

We could sign Messi during that period and it wouldn't be big news.

Aye. 

A 1-0 win and they're in dreamland.

It was ever thus.

HEARTS FOREVER
17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Is this the so called  'wow' signing?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

Was she WOW though?

I would say woman and footballers as you get older are complete opposites, every lady becomes more of a WOW every footballer less so

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would say woman and footballers as you get older are complete opposites, every lady becomes more of a WOW every footballer less so

You definitely appreciate women more as you get older 👍

millerjames398
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Must be a long signature if he’s getting his walloper out!

:stitch:

A venegoor of hesselink, length of signing 😂

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Fingers crossed mate. I'll be refreshing the Twitter feed all day! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Hi, don't have time to read the whole thread.  Can someone provide a summary?

Signing expected very soon, Neilson seen with folk over weekend, our best source says 99% done last week

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Hi, don't have time to read the whole thread.  Can someone provide a summary?

…………………………. 

RustyRightPeg

Same as JamboJ, been told it’s a green light. 

Will be shocked (and a bit annoyed) if the first signing isn’t announced today. 

Biffa Bacon
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Where would you view the signing on a scale of 1 to 10? Hearts signings rather than Messi or Ronaldo at 10.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Names. Not even a hint lads  :lol:

Was just thinking this 🤣. Of course, there is a chance they've not been given a name.

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Cool.

No names required but any idea of nationality, position, league currently in?

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Names! 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

No way of knowing, of course, but surely a wow signing should be anounced at a time of maximum impact, a slow news day. There's something happening today that will either fill the country with joy, misery or meh, so plans to make an anouncement today might indicate a less than wow signing. Unless, that is, it's to be announced only in the event of the country being filled with 'meh' - having witnessed a dull draw.

12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

No way of knowing, of course, but surely a wow signing should be anounced at a time of maximum impact, a slow news day. There's something happening today that will either fill the country with joy, misery or meh, so plans to make an anouncement today might indicate a less than wow signing. Unless, that is, it's to be announced only in the event of the country being filled with 'meh' - having witnessed a dull draw.

Will the country give a shit who we sign? Hearts fans will care regardless and unless its something sizesmic like a Fyssas its not really going to be of interest to anyone outside the Hearts support. Really can't see wider events having much of an impact either way. 

Edited by bistokid

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

45 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Level of whelm lads, level of whelm. What level of whelm are we looking at?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Will the country give a shit who we sign? Hearts fans will care regardless and unless its something sizesmic like a Fyssas its not really going to be of interest to anyone outside the Hearts support. Really can't see wider events having much of an impact either way. 

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

That's what I think. I'm semid up with excitement re today's Scotland game but a signing announcement won't detract from it!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Expecting Neilson to walk on the pitch at the anthems and make a signing there and then, please not Hanley though!

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

"Level of whelm" 😂

Love it. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Even if we do not get this guy it would be good to kow we are in the market for a certain level of player.

Just need some details!

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Expecting Neilson to walk on the pitch at the anthems and make a signing there and then, please not Hanley though!

Gilmour season long loan 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Gilmour season long loan 🤣

Christie on a permanent, Patterson 2 year loan and Che Adams tied up for 4 years of course

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Hearts comms team probably track things link number of news stories and social media hits. Apart from anything else, these are the kinds of things they will include when selling sponsorship/ advertising. As a result it is also likely to be how staff in the team are measured on how effective they are, so there will be an incentive not to put the news out on a day when it is going to get little pick-up. I'd be really surprised if we announced a signing today.

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Exactly.  Nobody outside Hearts fans care and we'll be interested regardless of what's going on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hearts comms team probably track things link number of news stories and social media hits. Apart from anything else, these are the kinds of things they will include when selling sponsorship/ advertising. As a result it is also likely to be how staff in the team are measured on how effective they are, so there will be an incentive not to put the news out on a day when it is going to get little pick-up. I'd be really surprised if we announced a signing today.

Yip, think both points are valid, nationally mainstream media is probably not going to care too much for the next 2 weeks, but of course the world has changed and hits across all manner of platforms would still remain key, but why chance that on a day where folks clicks may be concentrated on something different

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I don't doubt there will be metrics to hit for the comms team but i just cant see there being an impact. Scotlans playing or not if you care about Hearts you'll care who we are signing. If you dont support Hearts you almost certainly won't care. The impact to the traffic I'd speculate to be negligible. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, bistokid said:

I don't doubt there will be metrics to hit for the comms team but i just cant see there being an impact. Scotlans playing or not if you care about Hearts you'll care who we are signing. If you dont support Hearts you almost certainly won't care. The impact to the traffic I'd speculate to be negligible. 

Surely your target audience, Hearts fans, may be distracted themselves on a day like today though? You would surely want to avoid, what is a massive footballing distraction if you were announcing good news? Great day to tell us Damour is staying for another 2 years

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surely your target audience, Hearts fans, may be distracted themselves on a day like today though? You would surely want to avoid, what is a massive footballing distraction if you were announcing good news? Great day to tell us Damour is staying for another 2 years

Possibly, I am not an authority would just be surprised if there was much impact. 

David Black
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Christie on a permanent, Patterson 2 year loan and Che Adams tied up for 4 years of course

You heard this as well?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Exactly, and further more, why on earth would Hearts bother with a scarf above the head moment, or call a press briefing, if they don't want to extract maximum publicity from such moments? And with the media certain to be filled with the Scotland game, both tonight and tomorrow, the value that Hearts media and commercial departments view any signings would be greatly diminished, especially if it is a high whelm (of the over variety) signing, which is why I suggest that any signing announcement today will surely not be a wow one. I'd love to be wrong, though.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***