***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He wasn’t strolling around, he stuck his head in the door. 

was the door trying to play attacking football?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

was the door trying to play attacking football?

If it was it should be made assistant manager. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

I was in the main reception area at 1.15, Robbie arrived with 2 other guys. 

I didn’t see them in the Skyline but it did look like he was showing them the stadium etc. 

They could have been potential signings but they could have been two friends.

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He wasn’t strolling around, he stuck his head in the door. 

I hope poor Robbie was able to extricate his head from said door without a call out to the fire brigade?

Hearts of Vladland
7 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I was in the main reception area at 1.15, Robbie arrived with 2 other guys. 

I didn’t see them in the Skyline but it did look like he was showing them the stadium etc. 

They could have been potential signings but they could have been two friends.

Player and agent more likely.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

image.jpeg.7ff4445b4ba37acb1a06e581226d5c9f.jpeg

I'm getting a word.......... . ...............

Nonce!!!

Epic comedy

RustyRightPeg

Some of the patter in here is stinking. Next time I’ll just keep it to myself 👍🏽

I hope we haven't set out sights too high for player recruitment. I realise its Savages area of expertise, I'm just worried we're chasing players who aren't keen to play in Scotland. If we could get Regan Hendry signed up that would IMO be a very good first step. Stop wasting time of Irving and sign him up as a replacement. Young and plenty time to develop further. 

I'm not hugely interested in signing more 26+ year olds. I want to see some younger players who we can watch improve over the next couple of seasons before selling them on. Its been an aspect of our recruitment which has been pretty non-existent in Budges (Levein) tenure. 

If someone is super bored and wanted to dig up the stats, it would be interesting to see a percentage breakdown of every player signed since Budgement day. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I hope we haven't set out sights too high for player recruitment. I realise its Savages area of expertise, I'm just worried we're chasing players who aren't keen to play in Scotland. If we could get Regan Hendry signed up that would IMO be a very good first step. Stop wasting time of Irving and sign him up as a replacement. Young and plenty time to develop further. 

I'm not hugely interested in signing more 26+ year olds. I want to see some younger players who we can watch improve over the next couple of seasons before selling them on. Its been an aspect of our recruitment which has been pretty non-existent in Budges (Levein) tenure. 

If someone is super bored and wanted to dig up the stats, it would be interesting to see a percentage breakdown of every player signed since Budgement day. 

Hopefully we have our top targets, say Campbell and Dunne for instance and we do our utmost to get them but if we don't, I hope we have secondary targets that are more gettable.

We have to aim high imo, we need players that are better than what we already have. If Savage and Neilson mess this up, we're up shit creek. 

19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Some of the patter in here is stinking. Next time I’ll just keep it to myself 👍🏽

It's only folk having a bit of fun as there are no real signings or even rumours to talk of just yet.

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Full of absolute wide-o's 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully we have our top targets, say Campbell and Dunne for instance and we do our utmost to get them but if we don't, I hope we have secondary targets that are more gettable.

We have to aim high imo, we need players that are better than what we already have. If Savage and Neilson mess this up, we're up shit creek. 

Second choice will be wasting time and money if they're no better. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Second choice will be wasting time and money if they're no better. 

They might be good, maybe not as good as our first choices. All I'm saying is I hope we have a number of options. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Absolutely,  they have to get the players in that's going to get us challenging for trophies and have us in  European football next again season anything below that should just not be excepted full stop, they have had time and by the sound of it money to spend so there cant be any excuses imo.

BackOfTheNet

Problem I think with young Scottish players, unless they think they’ll get really homesick, look to get moves to the Glasgow two or down south. That’s what they see as a step up, unfortunately a move to us would either be too small at step up or a sideways move (in their minds). For younger players it’s less about the money so they’re showing ambition (again, in their minds) to go down south. As they think they can replicate McGinn, Robertson etc rather than be one of the hundreds in the lower leagues.

Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, Hearts are seen as a team that challenges for top six and maybe a cup. That’s how young players see us. So if you’re offered a team in the English Championship that is promising to challenge for promotion to the Premier League (as about 20 out of 24 genuinely believe they can get at least a play off place each season) - and yes more money which helps - or a chance you sign for us I can see why they would choose down south. Younger English players are more realistic about what lower league English football is like and they can see us as a chance to possibly challenge for cups and get into Europe as well as playing in bigger games than they’re used to. Foreign players see it that way too as well as a chance to possibly get noticed down south.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

To be fair, you’ve not revealed anything except we are working on signing players. 

That’s kinda obvious, it being the summer etc 

So just chill and enjoy the sun 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, One five said:

Absolutely,  they have to get the players in that's going to get us challenging for trophies and have us in  European football next again season anything below that should just not be excepted full stop, they have had time and by the sound of it money to spend so there cant be any excuses imo.

Defo. We need to push the boat out in some areas more than others, especially at CB. 

50 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just DM me. Mum’s the word. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Defo. We need to push the boat out in some areas more than others, especially at CB. 

Yip a CB that’s has winning blood in his veins and plays for the jersey is must for sure.

Italian Lambretta

Selling Heart of Midlothian and Edinburgh to a good quality player is the easy part Jefferies was a master at it. Getting a good quality player to sign with Neilson in charge is a whole different ball game. 

I always remember Stevenson when he arrived. Jeffries stood him outside Tynie and asked him if he really knows what playing for Hearts is all about. He didn't but soon learned what it meant to pull the top on. He has said so enough times.  I can't really see Robster doing similar. Maybe that's why we had so many good foreign players when Jeffries was around the first time, sold the club and convinced them that this is a club that matters. They all still love Hearts as well.

23 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Selling Heart of Midlothian and Edinburgh to a good quality player is the easy part Jefferies was a master at it. Getting a good quality player to sign with Neilson in charge is a whole different ball game. 

And the wage structure. 

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I always remember Stevenson when he arrived. Jeffries stood him outside Tynie and asked him if he really knows what playing for Hearts is all about. He didn't but soon learned what it meant to pull the top on. He has said so enough times.  I can't really see Robster doing similar. Maybe that's why we had so many good foreign players when Jeffries was around the first time, sold the club and convinced them that this is a club that matters. They all still love Hearts as well.

....I should hope you remember seeing how Ryan has spoken of this 2 or 3 times in last 6 months!!!!!

Robbo-Jambo
54 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

This.

Better still getting JJ to do the sales pitch.

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Some of these foreign players had played for some big clubs before coming to Hearts, but it's our club they remember so fondly when looking back on their career.

Really is a special place.

I’ve always found it fascinating how the overseas players we sign most always speak very fondly of the club afterwards. The same can’t be said of Hibs. Which is nice.

4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Let's not forget the players in question we're getting put up in the Caledonian hotel for months on end. They were well looked after by the club back then. Money ultimately wee couldn't afford.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a song "I can see for miles and miles" a good one

I know, that's why I said Who, as in The Who 😄😄

58 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a song "I can see for miles and miles" a good one

These youngsters know nothing 😄

2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Hearing we will announce a signing within next 4 weeks, you read it here 🤣

😮 WOW 😀

I’ll take a random swipe and say we are signing another Irish player....and hopefully not one from Alloa instead😂😂

Edited by FGJambo51

7 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

I’ll take a random swipe and say we are signing another Irish player....and hopefully not one from Alloa instead😂😂

There was a rumour, or guesswork, we were after a young Irish guy earlier in the thread. Can’t remember the name though. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There was a rumour, or guesswork, we were after a young Irish guy earlier in the thread. Can’t remember the name though. 

Don’t blame you for not remembering the name mate there’s been so many names bouncing about in here 😂

Wonder where Griffiths will end up.  The options appear to be Celtic, hibs, Aberdeen, jail.

Take your pick.

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some folk will come out with any auld pish because they don't really like Neilson.

It’s quite odd, ok maybe folk don’t like him or his way of doing things/style/tactics...but, and this might be a boot in the baws to some....his record as Hearts manager in the Championship is twice there, twice walked it and got promoted at first time of asking...that’s hard facts?

I am not his biggest fan, but he has done, twice, what he was asked to do, yet he still gets pelters!

Yes, I expect pelters for this post!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

26 minutes ago, One five said:

Don’t blame you for not remembering the name mate there’s been so many names bouncing about in here 😂

Yeah, been a shedload 😀

Robbo-Jambo
47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

O'Really 😎

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***