Mafia - Big Trouble In New New York

The Hogfather

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Shapes is right. Once the assassin uses all their bullets, they’re no longer roled. The best way for the assassin to win is to make it as far as possible and start taking out whatever roled players are left. The assassin, whoever they may be, is now just a townie. 

Ah OK, I just couldn't see anything in the game set up that stated that to be the case, so thanks for the clarification 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• Shapes

• The Hogfather

Stuart McNeill
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

In this situation, I’ve had a wee idea. Give the assassin their 3 original kills in which they use them in the normal way. If they hit an unroled player then they’re just a townie and can no longer win.

If however, they hit 3 roled players, give them a kill each night. If they hit a roled player they get another kill the following night. If they hit an unroled though, then again they can’t win and are just a townie.

That may be how we need to play the assassin from now on tbf. A great suggestion 

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

In this situation, I’ve had a wee idea. Give the assassin their 3 original kills in which they use them in the normal way. If they hit an unroled player then they’re just a townie and can no longer win.

If however, they hit 3 roled players, give them a kill each night. If they hit a roled player they get another kill the following night. If they hit an unroled though, then again they can’t win and are just a townie.

That’s a good shout, one to consider for next time. The assassin was briefed that they’d get an extra kill if they hit three roled players. So it’s entirely possible the assassin can win (not in this game now) by playing the waiting game and using their powers when players feel a little bit bolder with hinting who they are. 

Prince Buaben
35 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Big mystery around the identity of the assassin here. 

:lol: :lol:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Shapes is also making it blatantly clear that she's not a goon but nobody is acknowledging that.

33 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

That's what happens when I skim read 😂 miss obvious stuff like that.

Could be worth an investigation on any of the others who voted for WJ, obviously Dandy being prime candidate for obvious reasons.  I'm sure he would happily co-operate.

We're in a decent place, would be a shocker if we didn't see it through from here.

39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I think it's up to each moderator how they want the roles to work, although the above makes sense.

When researching my first game, I found details on two roles - Vigilante and Assassin. The Vigilante is on the side of the town, the Assassin in it for themselves. In my games, I've had a true Assassin role, whereas others effectively have a Vigilante, just called the Assassin.

Doesn't really matter IMO as long as the roles are clearly defined at the start :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Yip - my spreadsheet is offering me nothing :lol:

Tenaciousdandy
36 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

That's what happens when I skim read 😂 miss obvious stuff like that.

Could be worth an investigation on any of the others who voted for WJ, obviously Dandy being prime candidate for obvious reasons.  I'm sure he would happily co-operate.

We're in a decent place, would be a shocker if we didn't see it through from here.

Happy to be investigated will come a townie so will be added to trusted unless the turncoat us found

14 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

1. Stuart. GOON

4. Shapes. TOWNIE (OG ass)

6. AndyNic. TOWNIE

8. Bunny. DOC

11. Riddley. TOWNIE

12. Sheldon. COP

13. Prince. GOON

14. Dandy. MASON

15. Dunks. TOWNIE

16. Ian. MASON

6 for a lynch.

Here's who's left and my guess for the roles. Let's see how this looks at the end of the game!

Unvote Bunny

Vote Prince

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Here's who's left and my guess for the roles. Let's see how this looks at the end of the game!

Unvote Bunny

Vote Prince

First you call me a hippo and now you call me an ass. :what:

Prince Buaben
48 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Unvote Bunny

Vote Prince

Explain or was that just a draw out of the hat?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Aye what's that list based on Andy? It's wrong for starters but I'm not sure we are remotely close to making predictions like that.  Easy for the goons to follow on with/instigate lynches if your list is wrong too.

Going to hold off voting for now.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Tenaciousdandy
42 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Explain or was that just a draw out of the hat?

Has to have been drawn out of a hat lol

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

No takers then...

I've been out all day but I'm gonna have a read over when I get in and do a goon list and vote 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
43 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

No takers then...

I've never been one for goon lists.

Vote Andy

😁

In all seriousness, need to nip to the shops after I finish work so just getting a vote in now before I forget but will be back online before deadline.

Sheldon puts me in the lead. Might as well make it a lynch to take away another potential "mom" and addition to the goons.

I am just a townie so I'll let you all decide what you want to do.

Stuart McNeill
7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sheldon puts me in the lead. Might as well make it a lynch to take away another potential "mom" and addition to the goons.

I am just a townie so I'll let you all decide what you want to do.

There's still 6 votes to be placed and you're saying this already 😂😂

Riddley Walker

I'm probably not going to he around much before deadline. 

Vote Ian 

Will try and have a look before 7pm to see if anything crops up. 

Tenaciousdandy

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Vote Prince

I might change again later.

Let's see if anything happens if I put him in the lead 

vote Prince 

I dunno, I feel like Andy was trying to stay under the radar and now since Yvonne has died he's trying to hide in plain sight. 

If pushed I'd say 

Goon list 

Two of

Andy 

Prince 

Bunny 

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

I dunno, I feel like Andy was trying to stay under the radar and now since Yvonne has died he's trying to hide in plain sight. 

If pushed I'd say 

Goon list 

Two of

Andy 

Prince 

Bunny 

Nah I'm good 👍🏼

Prince Buaben

Interesting wee pile on appearing. Goon in there somewhere manipulating somewhere 

Andy list is wrong is barking up the wrong tree.

Vote Andy

Tenaciousdandy

Looking back at the votes from day 1, does Yvonne usually do retaliation vote on the first day? I honestly can't remember, bunny voted her but she never returned the vote, bunny was already on 1 vote at the time 

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Seats said:

Wooo

Is it too late to claim i'm the assassin? 🤣

Wooo

😂😂😂😂 Even with the woos some might think you are 

Prince Buaben
14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Unvote Bunny

Vote Prince 

Getting that post count up now 😂

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Anyone being overly quiet? 

Everyone?

One or two said they were working up to deadline I think.