Players who have improved this season.

GinRummy

I think halkett has improved compared to last season.. he’s not had as many individual errors but still think he can do even better than shown hopefully with souttar and smith along side him we will see the best of him

1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

I think halkett has improved compared to last season.. he’s not had as many individual errors but still think he can do even better than shown hopefully with souttar and smith along side him we will see the best of him

Never noticed him much at livi but I believe he played in a back 3 there and done well. Maybe that would suit him better. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Be interested to hear folks opinions on which players have shown the most improvement this season. 

Wasting your time all is good 👍

I think Euan Henderson has come on a bit. Liam Boyce and Jamie Walker are probably stronger than they were at the start and Peter Haring’s showing on Friday suggests he’s getting back to his best.

SomethingAboutObua

Walker maybe? Half of our regular starters are new signings so not much to say on it really. Henderson maybe but that seems generous and would be mostly based on his Alloa performance. 

Don't think anyone from last season's regressed though tbf, other than Berra's continuing downward spiral and Naismith just ageing. 

I wouldn't say anyone has improved in terms of quality. If Haring can get full 90 mins in each of the games remaining hopefully getting him back to the player we seen before injury then I'll happily take that as improvement.

13 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Henderson is about it 

I hope Henderson makes it. Maybe just played out of position and needs a run in the side in his proper role. 

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hope Henderson makes it. Maybe just played out of position and needs a run in the side in his proper role. 

This is the key. Give him the last 3 games in his proper position and let's see how he does

The Mighty Thor

Bob hasn't improved or developed a single player. 

He's signed some utter shite too. 

He's got approximately 15 weeks to turn into Pep and improve/develop his players ready for his back to back title charge. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Getting the post count up bullseye. 👍 kinsley will be chuffed. 

Bulls-eye is hyphenated. 

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bulls-eye is hyphenated. 

Only idiots like Dickens would hyphenate it. Jim Bowen knew his stuff. 

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Kingsley.

He has gone downhill since arriving. 

It's called the Robbie effect. 

LarrysRightFoot

Genuinely nobody has improved. As someone else said they are playing at a lower level and a lot of the time they’ve still looked hopeless.

Wighton would have been the only one you could put an argument up for. 

So one player in Wighton whose left. Embarrassing for the coaching team..

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Be interested to hear folks opinions on which players have shown the most improvement this season. 

None. Not one player has improved.

in fact apart from Gordon and Boyce they have all regressed.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

I think broadly this season could have been massive for Haring. Performance wise no but getting match sharpness after a year out this season for him could be pivotal to getting that player back we know is in there. I'm very hopeful this season has been that for haring 

wattie exploited

wighton but that's not saying much as he was pretty shit until the last two months before he left when he was actual doing ok :rifle:

David Black
1 hour ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Player at hearts don't tend to improve not for a long time!

That actually sums it up.

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

Wighton and Ginnely were better than we expected... Boyce and Gordon have been as good as we expected... Kingsley and Smith have been good enough... Nando apart perhaps, there is no case for any of the rest.

Kirky Jambo

It’s telling that the only player to improve has been Roberts, and it’s because he left.

What’s more worrying is the number of players who have visibly regressed, much like our team as a whole

Hendo looks more stronger and doesn’t panic when he gets on the ball now he lifts his head and got more time on the ball. I Really hope he makes it. A massive jambo I’m told. We need more Hearts fans in the squad who knows what it means to play for Hearts 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Never noticed him much at livi but I believe he played in a back 3 there and done well. Maybe that would suit him better. 

I know it was just Alloa we were playing but I thought he (Halkett) looked much better in that recent game. In recent games it was painfully obvious that none of the central defenders had been designated to take responsibiltiy for attacking the ball in the air but last Friday Halkett was going for everything in the air, and won everything. It probably helps as well that both Michael Smith and John Souttar are much more mobile than Berra and Popescu, meaning they functioned better as a unit (strangely enough I also thought Halliday looked much better af wing back as well, a position he played well in early in the season when used there versus both Hibs and Celtic)