Calum Morrison

Tom Hardy’s Dug

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Morrison was pish for us. If he wins a watch then good luck to him.

Spot on. Someone who’s got better in some minds since he left. Could beat a man and was tidy on the ball but offered absolutely nothing in the final third. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear
Just now, King prawn said:

Spot on. Someone who’s got better in some minds since he left. Could beat a man and was tidy on the ball but offered absolutely nothing in the final third. 

With all due respect, is that not something we could have worked on with such a young player?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

I hate to turn this into why Robbie must go, but :

''Nobody can convince me that Morrison & McDonald would have done as bad as Frear, Roberts and Kastaneer.

The two lads have sell on value and potential to improve, whereas the other 3 are stop-gaps. ''

Pretty much sums up Robbies thinking and mentality. Not 1 player under 20 has gotten game time this season in the league. Its frankly appalling considering the noise made about youth development both when Budge/Levein first got here, but also Robbies claims when he came back about his interest in youth development

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-sets-challenge-hearts-teens-eyeing-first-team-place-2958259

Frear and Roberts are fair game I think, Kastaneer was basically what was left on the shelf the day after Ginnelly was ruled out for the season.

Had Ginnelly stayed fit, I suspect the picture of this season could well have looked very different, he seems to have been the one that really did make a difference.

Perhaps then, Ginnellys injury has been a blessing in disguise, amply demonstrating again, just how one players absence seems to knock us so far back the way as it had with Naismith previously.

Got to say, one of the most disappointing things for me the last few years, is how weak we are when key players become unavailable or off form. Will be the same for other sides I'm sure but it seems to cripple us

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

With all due respect, is that not something we could have worked on with such a young player?

Of course it is. That’s the very reason for having young raw talent in the first place. You take one who has something, you add to it in coaching, you complete the finished article. If you’re not prepared to do that as a club and you don’t have people doing it effectively you don’t need to be pouring money into an academy

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps but in my opinion at the time we needed goals or someone to at least create some opportunities and Morrison was never going to give us that. He’s found his shooting boots in league one ... big step up if we’re looking at competing in the top half of the premiership again. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Of course it is. That’s the very reason for having young raw talent in the first place. You take one who has something, you add to it in coaching, you complete the finished article. If you’re not prepared to do that as a club and you don’t have people doing it effectively you don’t need to be pouring money into an academy

This.

The academy work doesn't finish when a player makes his 1st team debut, we need to keep working on that player to maximise their talent and potential.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Why are you trying to justify the clubs decision? The argument is not that he was good enough then, but with time and good coaching he could eventually develop when he gets to 21-22-23.

Don’t understand why anyone would be defending the club given the dreadful record we’ve had with young players. There’s not been 1 young player brought through by our system who’s succeeded at first team level in the budge-levein era. The only success story has been Hickey who was bought from Celtic, not developed by us. 

The strategy seems to basically be, send every young player on loan to a hatful of nothing-clubs (4 in Morrison’s case) then bin them before they’ve reached age 20 and sign a a Frear type journeyman to pad out the squad. That’s been our youth development approach. Completely scatter brained. 

Tokyo Drifter
15 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

He was very poor in Hearts strip, and like so many before him, unlikely to reach any heights after they leave....taking a side the credibility or otherwise of this thread, I was not impressed personally with him....

His being poor for us might not necessarily have been his fault, though. Time and time again we seem to let players go who then move to other clubs and flourish - it's clear to me that it's something that's happening at Hearts that's stopping their progress, either pressure from coaches or fans, or simply poor coaching and guidance. We seem able to identify talent but not do anything with it - we let other teams do that & by then it's too late.

PS: I'd give anything to have Ross Callahan back in the side. Likewise Scott Robinson.

16 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He looked promising when he first came on the scene but he is probably the only player who can’t complain about getting a chance.

His crossing was abysmal and he looked frightened in front of goal.

And just another lad who comes into a Hearts first team, shows plenty of skill and confidence then loses it. 
Yes with the number of lads that came up from the young team and lost their game is far too high. These 

young players are somehow not being helped to progress in the game at that is worrying. 

I wasn’t his biggest fan with his crossing but did feel he deserved a chance in the championship with a run of games.

hope we have a sell on clause 

Glamorgan Jambo

The difference in the quality of crossing the ball you see in Scottish and English Football (down to League 2) is one of my pet peeves. The last few times I watched hearts in person I was dismayed about the crosses just aimlessly lobbed into the box from all manner of unsuitable angles. Watch an English Championship side and the wingers and full backs pretty much whip the ball in all the time so that it moves just prior to contact with the receiver. In fact watch Charlie Adam when he has enough energy still to do this for one of the best examples.

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I hate to turn this into why Robbie must go, but :

''Nobody can convince me that Morrison & McDonald would have done as bad as Frear, Roberts and Kastaneer.

The two lads have sell on value and potential to improve, whereas the other 3 are stop-gaps. ''

Pretty much sums up Robbies thinking and mentality. Not 1 player under 20 has gotten game time this season in the league. Its frankly appalling considering the noise made about youth development both when Budge/Levein first got here, but also Robbies claims when he came back about his interest in youth development

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-sets-challenge-hearts-teens-eyeing-first-team-place-2958259

Agree with the twitter thread and also agree with your comments mate.

Sad times with regards to youth development 

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wasn’t his biggest fan with his crossing but did feel he deserved a chance in the championship with a run of games.

hope we have a sell on clause 

Be a bit cheeky asking for a sell on clause for a player you more or less dumped on the scrap heap. You can’t have your cake and eat it

29 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

His being poor for us might not necessarily have been his fault, though. Time and time again we seem to let players go who then move to other clubs and flourish - it's clear to me that it's something that's happening at Hearts that's stopping their progress, either pressure from coaches or fans, or simply poor coaching and guidance. We seem able to identify talent but not do anything with it - we let other teams do that & by then it's too late.

PS: I'd give anything to have Ross Callahan back in the side. Likewise Scott Robinson.

I take your point about players being dragged down by the climate at Hearts, fair point...

I too would take a Callaghan type, alot to be said for sheer workrate and teamwork being dominant in a players mindset....

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

So our level then. 😂

Not next season 👍