• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• John Findlay

• Locky

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None. I've threw up drinking my favourite drink, also threw up drinking stuff I don't really like. The connection is I've just drank too much of it.

1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

None. I've threw up drinking my favourite drink, also threw up drinking stuff I don't really like. The connection is I've just drank too much of it.

Do you bike?

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Tequila

Ongoing since I was a teenager. I’ll get hammered on it and think I’m going to die. Then I can’t even smell it for a couple of years. And miraculously I can drink it again, and inevitably get hammered and feel awful. I’ve given up totally on slammers with it as that was always bad. No salt and lemon nonsense either. Just straight back straight. Only if I’m on a night out and a daftie buys shots. 

Greedy Jambo

Aye, Tequila tae, now that i think about it. I don't see the love for it. It tastes like shite, but apparently it's cool as if you add some salt and lime. 

40 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Green chartrou or whatever the hell it’s called

Same here. Makes me feel sick thinking about it. 🤮

Konrad von Carstein

Decent Tequila is a really nice sipping drink.

That being said,  20 years or so ago I had the best part of a bottle of Jose Quervo... Ill doesn't do justice to describe the through the night spewing and the hangover after... A couple of trips to Mexico adjusted my tastebuds.. .

Carl Fredrickson

When I was 15 my folks went down south for new year and left me in the care of an older brother. My neighbour invited us in to his Hogmanay party as he would keep an eye on us for my folks. I took 4 cans of Kestrel and for the first time in my life sampled Southern Comfort. In my innocent years I thought it was a soft drink and drank it as such. I didnt see the bells or most of New Years Day. My first and worst hangover and bandages on my hands covering unexplained burns. 

35 years later and the smell of SC makes me want to throw up.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Vodka. Havent touched the stuff for 43 years.

I love a White Russian but generally avoid vodka as it can make me into a right unpleasant ******* for some reason. Comments I’d normally ignore I’ll pick up on and respond to them. 

55 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Do you bike?

The smell of Jack Daniels makes me boke yet I've never even tried the stuff.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I love a White Russian but generally avoid vodka as it can make me into a right unpleasant ******* for some reason. Comments I’d normally ignore I’ll pick up on and respond to them. 

I was 14 at the time and got drunk at my mates big brother's 18th birthday party. I apparently threw up allover the settee when I got home, according to my younger sister.

Next morning my dad cooked me a full fry up for breakfast, sat there until I ate it, every morsel. As soon as I put the last mouthful in I rushed to the bathroom and brought it all up again down the lavvy pan.

When I had finished my dad stood at the bathroom door and told me sternly, "that will teach you to drink".

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Whisky.

****ing vile.

I’ll never get drunk on it as it has me retching before the glass even reaches my mouth. 

Dagger Is Back

Theakstons Old Peculiar and Highland Park.

Worked in a bank and was invited to my first Managers Xmas party. Took my fiancé who was the daughter of a branch Manager.

It should have been an evening when I made a good impression on both the other Managers and their partners, and my fiancé and her Dad.

The offer of a free peeve was too much though. Got bladdered - when the wife of the Senior Manager said that I must have been studying hard for my exams, I apparently replied ‘Are you taking the piss?’

Later on I was found lying under the Xmas tree trying to unplug the lights - they were a fire hazard in my mind.

The night ended in disgrace with my fiancé standing at one bus stop to go home to her parents and me at another trying to get home.

God I’ve been an absolute knob sometimes. Seriously lacking class.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ll never get drunk on it as it has me retching before the glass even reaches my mouth. 

Same here. One mouthful... and Im retching. Even the smell gives me the boak. 

So do the dicks who enthuse over it. 'I've a special edition 20 year old MacCludgie just asking to be drunk. I might have a cheeky dram tonight although I normally enjoy a single malt preferrably an Islay. The cask matured Wankcracker distilled by McFud is something special'.

Tossers.

Doing Pernod shots once led to me losing track of several hours and being woken up by a concerned bin-man the next morning, slumped in a shop doorway.

Never touched that stuff again.

Avoid red wine these days too, after a free bar at a work's night out ended in projectile vomiting what looked like blood, complete with apparent blood clots.

Of course, it was just the red wine and red wine stained bits of food but it was still a jarring moment.

Another free bar night out (a pal opened a bar and opening night was free for the inner circle of friends) ended in me sinking many, many pints of cloudy cider from a local producer, grabbing a lukewarm kebab on the way home then spending an hour or so skooshing out of both ends.

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Regular strongbow is a no go for me

Haggerston Castle age 16, I got absolutely wasted and never touched cider again for 30 odd years until my daughter started drinking the flavoured stuff.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pernod & Blackcurrant, never touched the stuff since, Pernod that is.

Pernod is just a brand name for pastis (it'd just be like calling every whisky Grouse). I managed to find a bar in Brussels that sold x amount of pastis including a 51 pastis, result.

Back on topic a bottle of Bells at NY when I was 17, don't even like to smell whisky nowadays.

Didnt throw up with it but the Hungarian drink Unicum is the worst drink ever created. Pretty sure a smoothie of faeces, butt sweat and hobo pish would go down smoother.

Drank it on my stag and folk were genuinely happy to swap for shots of absinthe than suffer that monstrosity of a fluid.

Someone else throwing up Southern Comfort and Orange on a night bus home instantly prevented me ever drinking that again. The smell actually burnt my eyes.

Turkish Red wine was harder to drink than Turkish Vodk

The first proper party I went to when I was 17 I drank 3 litres of Strongbow and 4 budweisers. I had no other point of reference so this amount for a first proper drink seemed safe....in fact I actually thought it wouldn't be enough.

Think I threw up over 20 times the next morning and genuinely thought I might die.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Didnt throw up with it but the Hungarian drink Unicum is the worst drink ever created. Pretty sure a smoothie of faeces, butt sweat and hobo pish would go down smoother.

Drank it on my stag and folk were genuinely happy to swap for shots of absinthe than suffer that monstrosity of a fluid.

Someone else throwing up Southern Comfort and Orange on a night bus home instantly prevented me ever drinking that again. The smell actually burnt my eyes.

Turkish Red wine was harder to drink than Turkish Vodk

The first proper party I went to when I was 17 I drank 3 litres of Strongbow and 4 budweisers. I had no other point of reference so this amount for a first proper drink seemed safe....in fact I actually thought it wouldn't be enough.

Think I threw up over 20 times the next morning and genuinely thought I might die.

Turkish vod is ok, Istanblue owned by Diagio.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Vodka. Havent touched the stuff for 43 years.

I had 17 vodkas on my 17th birthday and suffered the consequences. I have never touched the stuff since.

Tropical lager in Tenerife. On holiday with the missus, wasn't even that pissed, just sat up in bed and puked up all over the floor. Felt absolutely horrendous in the morning. The thought of the stuff makes me ill to this day. 

I never threw up but Whisky.

I was younger and at my local where there was a promotion.  Never felt so bad as the next day.  Everything I smelled, ate or drank had a whisky aftertaste.

I've not been able to drink it again in a very long time.

millerjames398

A mixture of lemon hooch and Newcastle brown when i was 17, in the carronshore club🤪🤢🤮😂 

John Findlay
7 hours ago, leginten said:

I had 17 vodkas on my 17th birthday and suffered the consequences. I have never touched the stuff since.

Wise man never to touch it again.

Jamstomorrow

I have honked up after excessively drinking various brews over the years, but what I still cannot take, or have any desire to take, is Bacardi rum.    I could drink other white rums, but can no longer face Bacardi.   🤢

Frosty jacks. Genuinely downed a 2.5 litre bottle of the stuff when I was 14-15 woke up in the hospital with my stomach pumped and a charge for flashing a female copper. Apparently I thought she was tidy and “she would like the good stuff” my dad was laughing his ***** off my mum was raging. 

fair to say any time I ever drink cider these days i boke at the sight of it  

Edited by AlimOzturk

Jäger.

Vile stuff to begin with. It didn’t stop me tearing into a bottle of it at a party though.

Puked my guts up through the night and in the morning.

Even the thought of the stuff makes my stomach do somersaults now 🤢 

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Same here. One mouthful... and Im retching. Even the smell gives me the boak. 

So do the dicks who enthuse over it. 'I've a special edition 20 year old MacCludgie just asking to be drunk. I might have a cheeky dram tonight although I normally enjoy a single malt preferrably an Islay. The cask matured Wankcracker distilled by McFud is something special'.

Tossers.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Frosty jacks. Genuinely downed a 2.5 litre bottle of the stuff when I was 14-15 woke up in the hospital with my stomach pumped and a charge for flashing a female copper. Apparently I thought she was tidy and “she would like the good stuff” my dad was laughing his ***** off my mum was raging. 

When i say downed i never literally knecked the bottle. However i drink it fairly quickly probably within 1.5 hours. Fell asleep in the meadow (my mate had his own flat close where we use to take lassies back) and he couldn’t wake me up. He got  worried and the daft prick phoned the police and they phoned ambulance. When i came to i apparently invented the helicopter that day. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ah, that reminds me. I won't go into precise details, but I once got drunk on Carlsberg Special Brew. The interesting evening that followed ended up with me getting cut on a barbed wire fence and then trying to go home to a house I hadn't lived in for several years. Never again.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, jamborich said:

Pernod lemonade never forget it

My mate and i had a session of that stuff in Ibiza in 1983, both of us spewed up everywhere,

best having in moderation tbf😵.

My dads brandy gave me the hangover from hell, but 2 cans of super lager had me over the bathroom sink.

Edited by Harry Potter

11 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

When I was 15 my folks went down south for new year and left me in the care of an older brother. My neighbour invited us in to his Hogmanay party as he would keep an eye on us for my folks. I took 4 cans of Kestrel and for the first time in my life sampled Southern Comfort. In my innocent years I thought it was a soft drink and drank it as such. I didnt see the bells or most of New Years Day. My first and worst hangover and bandages on my hands covering unexplained burns. 

35 years later and the smell of SC makes me want to throw up.

For some inexplicable reason, when I first started drinking it was bottles of K Cider and Southern Comfort and Lemonade.

Went to someone's party at Potterow in first year at University and was refused service without ID, even though I'd been drinking at the Student Union bar all bloody year.

Went to an off licence and sneaked a bottle of Southern Comfort in, poured it in to a pint glass and off I went.

Never drank it since and couldn't drink Lemonade for ages without the associated taste of SC making me want to vomit.

Can also testify to Unicum. Sometimes you see people who look dead behind the eyes and can only surmise that they've either killed someone, witnessed an unspeakable horror, or drank unicum.

Aftershock, some time mid 90’s. Even the thought of it makes me feel ill still. 🤢🤢🤢

17 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Aftershock, some time mid 90’s. Even the thought of it makes me feel ill still. 🤢🤢🤢

:pleasing:

Love the stuff. The black aftershock is the stuff of legends. Back in the day of the revolution and subway nightclubs those and kola cube shots were regulars. Never once vomited or felt hungover though dare say if I tried it now it wouldn’t be like that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Which alcohol made you throw up and think never again