Which alcohol made you throw up and think never again

jamborich

Diamond white when it appeared guy said it was easy to drink and you didn’t get a hangover f@#k me was hallucinating for the next couple days seeing things that weren’t there scary........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• John Findlay

• Rick James

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Gentleman

Pernod. Cannae mind what I had with it, but it didn't stay in my stomach long. 

I P Knightley

Due to bringing up my ring on the back of an almighty session - Whisky.

As a Scot living among Englishmen, I'm expected to soak the stuff up but I can barely sniff it without gagging. Some of these nutters give me a glass of the expensive stuff thinking they're doing me a favour. I tell them just to give me the money instead.

There's plenty of other stuff that I've had in a session which has resulted in a chunder. The sort of session where you draw cards to decide which bottle you'll have something from next (e.g. second row, 5th from the left). However I've only chosen not to drink those things again because they're disgusting. For example, Pernod and something I remember called Pisang Ambon. I'm talking holiday drinking sessions, natch; this isn't stuff you'd find in The Diggers.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Due to bringing up my ring on the back of an almighty session - Whisky.

As a Scot living among Englishmen, I'm expected to soak the stuff up but I can barely sniff it without gagging. Some of these nutters give me a glass of the expensive stuff thinking they're doing me a favour. I tell them just to give me the money instead.

There's plenty of other stuff that I've had in a session which has resulted in a chunder. The sort of session where you draw cards to decide which bottle you'll have something from next (e.g. second row, 5th from the left). However I've only chosen not to drink those things again because they're disgusting. For example, Pernod and something I remember called Pisang Ambon. I'm talking holiday drinking sessions, natch; this isn't stuff you'd find in The Diggers.

I'd be surprised if the Diggers didn't have a bottle of Pernod somewhere on their gantry, for better or for worse...

Not keen on Pernod, but really enjoy aniseed-based spirits like ouzo, raki, Spanish anis seco, and pastis: ice and / or a wee splash of chilled water makes them turn milky and opaque and makes a really refreshing drink. One of the few types of spirit I can sink a few of without getting heartburn.

Sambuca though, as others have said, is feckin' horrible - far too sweet. I wouldn't subject myself to any cinnamon-flavoured spirit or liqueur either, nor anything in any bright neon colours.

Ouzo , on holiday in Corfu got involved with some of the locals and boy  they could drink ! never ate anything the following day 🤮.

On 03/04/2021 at 09:26, AlimOzturk said:

:pleasing:

Love the stuff. The black aftershock is the stuff of legends. Back in the day of the revolution and subway nightclubs those and kola cube shots were regulars. Never once vomited or felt hungover though dare say if I tried it now it wouldn’t be like that. 

it was a specific variant of Aftershock for myself...I had no issues knocking back the original red version, or blue, black etc...but the green one was vile.

I hate anything that tastes of aniseed, so also don’t like Absinthe or Sambuca (baby Guinness shots etc)...but the original green Aftershock (which was discontinued) really was horrible, horrible stuff.

Oh, and a sh*t mix...one of those nearly killed me off when I was at Uni in the 90’s. 

Edited by Deviskan

On 05/04/2021 at 13:05, tian447 said:

Vodka and Irn Bru.

After a particularly heavy night out, we went back to a mate's house and all he had was Glen's Vodka and Irn Bru.  Would never go near a shitey bottle of that stuff unless I was absolutely blootered and....well... I was.

I can only assume that instead of an hangover, I had actually been poisoned by the absolute shite that is in Glen's Vodka, and the smell of Vodka and Irn Bru has given me the boke ever since.  Even Irn Bru will make me feel sick if I'm nursing a hangover, which means a perfectly good hangover cure (or at least, pre-recipe change) of a pint of the stuff has been forever ruined.

I ****ing hate Glen's vodka. That was some of the shite that put me off Vodka. Absolutely vile stuff.

Only Vodka I've ever drank since is the Green Label stuff you find in Morrisons. A lot smoother without the awful smell.

Vodka and Coke in any form gives me the boke. I honestly think Coke is an awful mixer. Doesn't mask the shite taste of spirits at all.