• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• jamborich

• John Findlay

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side with @jonnothejambo on Whisky its the smell,I can drink it but its not a pleasant experience.

Bacardi for me. On a night out in my younger days,was happily drinking Vodka,someone bought me a Bacardi by mistake, straight to the toilet and throwing up for the rest of the night. Never been able to touch it since.

Here is another story. I went up top of Aurther seat with my mate Brad and we met a group of Fetties college students who were celebrating their exam results. They had port and about 4 bottles of vodka. I got my end away with this posh tart in a wee hidey hole near where the ruins are. We then climbed to the top and drank the vodka and I woke up near the edge of the south facing section. Brad was on the other fecking side. Never seen or heard from the fetttes students again. The lassie I pumped was no bad looking either wish i got her number. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

:pleasing:

Love the stuff. The black aftershock is the stuff of legends. Back in the day of the revolution and subway nightclubs those and kola cube shots were regulars. Never once vomited or felt hungover though dare say if I tried it now it wouldn’t be like that. 

Now, the kola cube shots are what we’re talking about. Taste more like Kola cubes than Kola cubes!!! 😂

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

:pleasing:

Love the stuff. The black aftershock is the stuff of legends. Back in the day of the revolution and subway nightclubs those and kola cube shots were regulars. Never once vomited or felt hungover though dare say if I tried it now it wouldn’t be like that. 

Now, the kola cube shots are what we’re talking about. Taste more like Kola cubes than Kola cubes!!! 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Which alcohol made you throw up and think never again
13 hours ago, been here before said:

Same here. One mouthful... and Im retching. Even the smell gives me the boak. 

So do the dicks who enthuse over it. 'I've a special edition 20 year old MacCludgie just asking to be drunk. I might have a cheeky dram tonight although I normally enjoy a single malt preferrably an Islay. The cask matured Wankcracker distilled by McFud is something special'.

Tossers.

Fortunately many don't feel the same as you, or this country would be missing out on £5bn of revenue. 

You just stick to your Breezers, son. 

Cider. First thing I started drinking each weekend and it made me throw up so much I can’t stand the smell of it now. 

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I was 14 at the time and got drunk at my mates big brother's 18th birthday party. I apparently threw up allover the settee when I got home, according to my younger sister.

Next morning my dad cooked me a full fry up for breakfast, sat there until I ate it, every morsel. As soon as I put the last mouthful in I rushed to the bathroom and brought it all up again down the lavvy pan.

When I had finished my dad stood at the bathroom door and told me sternly, "that will teach you to drink".

Well, you learned that lesson well, eh, John?

😄

been here before
39 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Fortunately many don't feel the same as you, or this country would be missing out on £5bn of revenue. 

:rofl:

No bother, son.

You stick to your cheeky 25 year old slightly peaty Spunky Sporran.

Edited by been here before

Vodka. When I was about 16, I polished off 3/4 of a litre straight one night and woke up the next morning covered in sick on the floor in my pals living room. The smell of Vodka, or indeed most spirits since, is enough to give me the boke.

That said, it's nice to have a break from pints, so I have on occasion been given a nip. It needs to be mixed well though to the point I can barely smell or taste alcohol, otherwise I will just instantly get the heave.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Well, you learned that lesson well, eh, John?

😄

Slowly 😉

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Exactly, its the difference between men and boys.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

:D

Sangria c 1980 in Corkers in the High Street. Whole lot came back up on a number 8 bus going down Broughton Street. Got hoyed off at the stop just after the London Street roundabout. Horrible stuff.

Thunderbird Blue Label.

Awful stuff!!

Plus some IPA's like Brewdog Punk IPA and Wild Gravity IPA from Bad Co. They cause me awful Migraines. Read somewhere that some companies use Hop Oil and this is the cause.

Templeton Peck

Aftershock. Spewed at the bottom of my street and the stain stayed on the pavement for over a year and reminded me of it every day

I was just chatting to a mate about this and he reminded me of a stupid incident. We were working on a job and got bought a bottle of some polish booze as a thank you. So later on when we were all pissed we decided it would be a good idea to have a hefty shot of it each at a lock in. Knocked it back, felt it burn like hell and then roughly a minute later rushed to the toilet and chucked up as my body tried to get rid of it. The next day the barman showed us the empty bottle and the reason he’d recommended we didn’t drink it. 
95% ABV. Lucky we didn’t go blind or make ourselves seriously ill. Apparently it’s to be used in very small quantities to beef up some cocktails. 

F3C3D192-D38C-4A9E-800D-54A04F5CEF00.jpeg

Edited by Tazio

21 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Vodka. Havent touched the stuff for 43 years.

I can’t go near this , the smell of it is rancid.

N Lincs Jambo

I think I was 8 or 9 the first time I  ever spewed with alcohol. The worst part of it was I was with my parents at a New Year party in Corstorphine early 70s at a flat belonging to a gent who was a Superintendent in the Embra Polis.

I was drinking Sweetheart Stout and I probably had about 4 bottles. Suppose nobody thought it would do many any harm and tbh I was fine till I hit the cold air outside about 10pm then it all came up with a vengeance 😂

9 hours ago, been here before said:

👏👏

Black   Russians.

Vodka, tia maria (the real devil) and coke..

Spewed all over my Grans new carpet and then spent upwards of two hours filling her sink and toilet up with puke. 

In my early 20s at the time so quite seasoned alcohol wise... 

Tia Maria can GTF. 

Auld Reekin'
On 02/04/2021 at 20:47, Jamie Walker Tash said:

None. I've threw up drinking my favourite drink, also threw up drinking stuff I don't really like. The connection is I've just drank too much of it.

Yup, same here. 

On 02/04/2021 at 20:55, Ray Gin said:

Tequila

As a youngster Southern Comfort (after several)

Nowadays, 1 tequila and that's it, night over.

Stomach emptied pretty much as quickly as I can get to a loo or the sink.

Not fair on customers, staff, cleaners for me to have one ever again.

Edited by DETTY29

I have two, Tequila when I was younger and Sambuca later on in life, I think I have learned my lesson because I haven't puked from drinking too much in 30 years!

On 03/04/2021 at 10:16, jonnothejambo said:

Whisky. I hate even the smell of it. 

Disgusting stuff. 

Water of life my arse.

Tried proper Whisky last summer for the first time. Got a few mates who like a dram. It was ****ing bowfing. Really wanted to like it, but was horrible. I've tried JD in the past too and it's the same. Absolutely horrible stuff.

Then again, it's funny how your palate changes with age. Didn't even like beer that much until my early 20's and used to think wine was bogging too. Love a nice glass of white or rose nowadays.

Byyy The Light

Vodka gives me massive black outs. Complete memory blanks drinking it. Don’t touch it.

Another vote for Aftershock. Had a couple of terrible run ins with it around 18ish and started regularly going out up town.

The Aftershock Walk became a thing. Like being on the waltzers, hanging on to railings for dear life cos the whole world is spinning. Horrible horrible stuff. 

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Locky said:

Tried proper Whisky last summer for the first time. Got a few mates who like a dram. It was ****ing bowfing. Really wanted to like it, but was horrible. I've tried JD in the past too and it's the same. Absolutely horrible stuff.

Then again, it's funny how your palate changes with age. Didn't even like beer that much until my early 20's and used to think wine was bogging too. Love a nice glass of white or rose nowadays.

I couldn't stand even the smell of Whisky until well in to my 30s. Folk used to try and convince me but it all just tasted like petrol.

Whisky daft now though.

Салатные палочки

Peach Schnapps. Seriously. Terrible experience when I was fourteen. Can't stomach even the smell of it these days. 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I couldn't stand even the smell of Whisky until well in to my 30s. Folk used to try and convince me but it all just tasted like petrol.

Whisky daft now though.

That's what I'm hoping for. I like sometimes having a break from the pints. Just not much out there I like other than lager. :lol: 

Doctor FinnBarr
31 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Peach Schnapps. Seriously. Terrible experience when I was fourteen. Can't stomach even the smell of it these days. 

The proper stuff you find in German bars is bang on, nowt like that Archers muck.

Whiskey as well for me.Terrible smell and that Grouse has a terrible taste.

Vodka and diluted orange.For some reason that was popular in the 70's.First vodka served in a pub for me.

Had a few but never again.

Rum another i have not had in 30 odd years.Love it but gave up due to the next morning smell all over my body when waking up.

Vodka and Irn Bru.

After a particularly heavy night out, we went back to a mate's house and all he had was Glen's Vodka and Irn Bru.  Would never go near a shitey bottle of that stuff unless I was absolutely blootered and....well... I was.

I can only assume that instead of an hangover, I had actually been poisoned by the absolute shite that is in Glen's Vodka, and the smell of Vodka and Irn Bru has given me the boke ever since.  Even Irn Bru will make me feel sick if I'm nursing a hangover, which means a perfectly good hangover cure (or at least, pre-recipe change) of a pint of the stuff has been forever ruined.

On 03/04/2021 at 08:47, Horatio Caine said:

Newcastle Brown ale is absolutely disgusting.

And gives you one c#@t of a headache 

Chartreuse. It is ******* heinous. Had one shot about 15 years ago and promised myself never to touch it again. 

On a slightly more modern note. The runner up prize goes to Four Loko. I bought a four pack to see what it was like, drank not quite two, fell over with a heartbeat of what felt like 250 bpm, couldn't get back up, genuinely thought I was going to die and burst into tears in front of my girlfriend. Never, ever again. 

Edited by trotter

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

PORT!!!!

Get that tae FECK!!!!!!!!

I like port but if you drink too much it gives you a hangover like nothing else.

Just now, Tazio said:

I like port but if you drink too much it gives you a hangover like nothing else.

Thats EXACTLY the reason why. 

Was a Friday night before Hearts were away to Dunfermline (late 80's). I "watched" the whole game hanging over the advertising boards. I got asked to move but threw up and the guy left me alone after that.

Red Aftershock. Spewed my ring in my teens so much that even now just the smell of cinnamon can put me off stuff. 

Which is a bit of a pisser at Xmas as they put cinnamon in everything festive. 

J.T.F.Robertson

"Copy" didn't work.

Anyway, VP Rich Ruby wine. Shit-faced on it at an under-age party, eons ago.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson