"Could" be the most underwhelming title win ever anywhere

rory78

As it says on the tin most folks agree so much needs changed from top to bottom - serial abject mediocraty has been acceptable for far too long and the nicey nice approach the club seems to always portray 🤬 clubs shafted us last season but we now seem happy to loan them our players its just wrong 🙄

Edited by rory78

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• weegie jambo

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Except it's very similar to Dundee United's last season. 

Wonder if there’s a connection?🤔

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Except it's very similar to Dundee United's last season. 

yet, like Celtic they never actually won the title........

skinnybob72

The club statement the other day said,

"...every single one of us agreed that, above all else, this year was about winning the Championship and getting back to where we belong."

Everything that is wrong at the club summed in a few words. Setting the bar so low that we can stumble along with only a couple of decent performances all season and still find ourselves 13 points ahead, albeit having played more games.  We have a budget that dwarfs all of the other clubs in the Championship. Winning the league should be an absolute given - not our main objective!

Our objective should have been to do well in the cups, where we were likely to meet top flight opposition, and to show them that we mean business and are ready to compete next season. Instead we have been eliminated from both by part-timers - two of the most shameful results in our history.

If you set yourself easy goals you will never achieve anything at all.  

I have to write my own objectives at work. If it I set one as facile as Hearts winning the Championship my boss would, at best, laugh at me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think a couple of The Rangers might match it, League 1 and 2 but it's no fun. 

I'm still quietly bubbling inside we got relegated. 

Demoted is too kind to ourselves in hindsight. 

I don't want to see these players again, bar a few games when they smelled cup glory, they they done nothing but disappoint. 

Final days of Csaba had the same feeling 

Buzzbomb1874

The whole statement reeked of self righteousness. We only belong in the top league if we merit it. Great fan base - Yes , Great budget - Yes , Good players that will give their all for the cause - DEFINITELY NOT. Only when these imposters realise what a privilege it is to play for our club do we have a chance of being anywhere near the top end of the top division . Another massive clear out required yet again .

Bazzas right boot

Be promotion only to me. 

That is if we complete it. 

If Dunfermline win at Dundee tonight, alarm bells will be ringing. 

Greedy Jambo

In his post match interview he said that we were playing good football 3 weeks ago and we need to get back to that!

Holey mother of christ, if that's the standards he's aiming for, we're well and truly donald ducked.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

In his post match interview he said that we were playing good football 3 weeks ago and we need to get back to that!

Holey mother of christ, if that's the standards he's aiming for, we're well and truly donald ducked.

What he means is we managed to win a game 3 weeks ago.

Who out of our last 5 games can we defeat? We have Dunfermline away next week and Raith away last game so we can probably write those games off. Alloa Morton and ICT? I wouldn’t bet on beating any of them. We are really trying on Dunfermline Raith Dundee beating each other because I can’t see how we can win any of our last 5 games with this shower of bottlers. Is anyone confident that it’s over?

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If you want cups go to Matalan will be Neilson's next line.

😀

Or St Johnstone with their much smaller budget than ourselves.

weegie jambo

I have no faith in Neilson being able to get us over the line. He hasn't a clue, the players have chucked it, I can see us failing to get promoted.

Bazzas right boot

Surely no one is argueing that above all, promotion was the most important thing this season? 

Knocking hibs out the sc sf was the second most important imo, and was important given how early it was for Neilson. 

The 3rd was not to get ****ing humiliated in this season's sc tho, that was a fail. 

The 1st one is still not guaranteed yet either. 

2 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Who out of our last 5 games can we defeat? We have Dunfermline away next week and Raith away last game so we can probably write those games off. Alloa Morton and ICT? I wouldn’t bet on beating any of them. We are really trying on Dunfermline Raith Dundee beating each other because I can’t see how we can win any of our last 5 games with this shower of bottlers. Is anyone confident that it’s over?

I don’t see us picking up many wins, but fortunately the cushion is big enough for us to get there without too much bother, I think. It’s tight as a duck’s arse from 2nd to 9th, and all the others will be taking points from each other.

Just as well. We are in the most horrendous state. Year after year of self-satisfaction and complacency. A disgrace.

Our players have chucked it in, everyone else are fighting for playoffs or to avoid relegation. We will be lucky to win anymore games this season.

9 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Sadly, I'm not. Can't believe I'm reduced to hoping Dundee win tonight. This is horrible. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Morlich said:

Sadly, I'm not. Can't believe I'm reduced to hoping Dundee win tonight. This is horrible. 

Draw, I've settled on a draw and then ironically QoS winning today hurts Dundee more than us. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Raith and ict for the two wins 👍

weegie jambo
32 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

That's if we win it the way we are going 🙈🙈

That's the way I see it. Neilson hasn't a clue, can't motivate the players who have chucked it. No Plan B, no clue, no balls. I'm just so depressed and worried. We, the fans are powerless to stop this farce.

I said I'd have a few drams and quietly celebrate our championship win. Now it'll be a few drams and a huge sigh of relief, I won't be celebrating much.

2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

That's the way I see it. Neilson hasn't a clue, can't motivate the players who have chucked it. No Plan B, no clue, no balls. I'm just so depressed and worried. We, the fans are powerless to stop this farce.

My mate is a hobo and whilst he takes great pleasure in our demeanour or demise is a businessman and cannot understand why ann budge takes so long to take decisions on her management teams that fail her, he has a saying which is you can't let your heart rule your head, at the end off the day she will still have to be repaid what she has put in and the poor results will only affect her getting back what she is due l🇱🇻

24 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If you want mugs, go to the FOH direct debit list!

I'll get my coat. 

Shouldn’t laugh but made me chuckle 

Edited by HMFCBK1874

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Draw, I've settled on a draw and then ironically QoS winning today hurts Dundee more than us. 

Desperate times...

Regardless of the current plight, it would be underwhelming anyway. No fans in the stadium, and a league that we should never have had to play in.

44 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I have no faith in Neilson being able to get us over the line. He hasn't a clue, the players have chucked it, I can see us failing to get promoted.

That team is lost. Need Jeffries in now until the end of the season before we lose this. 

27 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

My mate is a hobo and whilst he takes great pleasure in our demeanour or demise is a businessman and cannot understand why ann budge takes so long to take decisions on her management teams that fail her, he has a saying which is you can't let your heart rule your head, at the end off the day she will still have to be repaid what she has put in and the poor results will only affect her getting back what she is due l🇱🇻

She's been repaid

Harry Potter
51 minutes ago, Morlich said:

we have been reduced to this.😕

StevenNaismith

The last time we were in this league in 2014/15, a time when both Rangers and Hibs were in the same division, we dropped 17 points over the whole season of 36 games. Today’s loss means we have now dropped 20 points in 22 games against far far inferior opposition. Shambolic recruitment and management.

59 minutes ago, Morlich said:

and Wighton scores

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

What he means is we managed to win a game 3 weeks ago.

He said how we played 3 weeks ago, winning or not it was awful to watch and he just doesn’t get it. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He said how we played 3 weeks ago, winning or not it was awful to watch and he just doesn’t get it. 

No I totally agree.He thinks cause we won a game we were good.He really is a Bobby Williamson

1 hour ago, Boghell51 said:

That's if we win it the way we are going 🙈🙈

Dinnae, my old boy has just said the same thing

weegie jambo
21 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That team is lost. Need Jeffries in now until the end of the season before we lose this. 

Totally agree, we need someone with a bit of pride in the club and not afraid to give players the "hairdryer" treatment. Robbie is not that man, apart from being a poor coach has no bottle to change things and give the players a talking to. I really do fear now for our promotion chances.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be promotion only to me. 

That is if we complete it. 

If Dunfermline win at Dundee tonight, alarm bells will be ringing. 

Yep ! They're up next for us at East End. Fife derby at Starks for them on Tuesday.

Pasquale for King
Just now, vegas-voss said:

No I totally agree.He thinks cause we won a game we were good.He really is a Bobby Williamson

Definitely. It was desperate stuff, he says 13 points clear about 5 times. Levein was defending him one minute and unwittingly slating him the next, without a hint of irony or responsibility. 
It was good to hear Laurie and Jimmy slag the team and not just tow the party line, I’ve not heard them that critical before. Preston was good too. 

weegie jambo
47 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

So true, if she is the great business women she claims she would act now before we get stuck in the Championship another season. Can't imagine she was so indecisive with her IT company.

27 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I said this after Tuesday

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Totally agree, we need someone with a bit of pride in the club and not afraid to give players the "hairdryer" treatment. Robbie is not that man, apart from being a poor coach has no bottle to change things and give the players a talking to. I really do fear now for our promotion chances.

I agree but I’m just not convinced the hairdryer treatment or anything can motivate this bunch, the current coaching team certainly can’t. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t think we’ll win the title. We’re absolutely ****ed. 

If the spineless board do nothing we will do well to get outbof the championship, Robbie has lost the team 

Just now, brux said:

If the spineless board do nothing we will do well to get out of the championship, Robbie has lost the team