The Blue Nile

Coco

Anyone else going to see them this week?

Magical band. They are utterly amazing live and what a venue the Concert Hall in Glasgow is.

It will be partly spoiled by weegies shouting 'where you been Paul' and that sort of stuff, but not too spoiled!:)

Walter Kidd

Magical band. They are utterly amazing live and what a venue the Concert Hall in Glasgow is.

It will be partly spoiled by weegies shouting 'where you been Paul' and that sort of stuff, but not too spoiled!:)

Me. Excited.

Me. Excited.

I've seen Paul Buchanan on his tours in the last couple of years. But this is the first time to see the full band since 1996!

Will there be any new songs? Or will they finish up with 'Strangers in the Night' as Paul's last couple of tours?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Saw them about 3 years ago in the very same venue. Fantastic. Walk Along The Rooftops is still one of my top 5 albums ever

Walter Kidd
Saw them about 3 years ago in the very same venue. Fantastic. Walk Along The Rooftops is still one of my top 5 albums ever

2nd best Scottish band after the Cocteau Twins.

Johanes de Silentio

Love the Blue Nile - would love to see them - I take it it's a total sell-out?

Al.

Miller Jambo 60

Al.

Thought it was a river mind you im 48.

okay Jambos:)

Thought it was a river mind you im 48.

okay Jambos:)

Their lead singer's 52 - they're not exactly the Arctic Monkeys ;)

Al.

3 nights in Glasgow look to be sold out.

But the last time Paul Buchanan played in Glasgow I took my tickets through, met my mate, presented the tickets and they told me that I had the tickets for the previous night! Idiot. But they swapped them for what they said were the 'Councillors tickets'! Give the Royal Concert Hall a phone and ask if any have been returned or whatever.

I'm going to see them on Wednesday, can't wait. Was at the Royal Concert Hall last time Paul played there and also at Perth Concert Hall.

Think all 3 nights are sold out...

Johanes de Silentio

Bugger!

Something wrong if there were tickets left at this stage, mind!

Thanks for the info, peeps - enjoy the gigs!

Al.

P.S. If anybody fancied posting a wee review, that would be nice!

Bugger!

Something wrong if there were tickets left at this stage, mind!

Thanks for the info, peeps - enjoy the gigs!

Al.

P.S. If anybody fancied posting a wee review, that would be nice!

Just back from Glasgow, t'was a fantastic show.

Not much chat from Paul but with the way they played the songs you didn't need it. Towards the end someone shouted "Tell us a story" and he replied, along the lines of, "That's what I'm doing".

All the favourites were there, Downtown Lights, Stay, Over The Hillside, Heatwave, Headlights, Tinseltown, and an absolutely mesmerising Easter Parade.

All finished off with Strangers In The Night, a great close to a near 2 hour show....

Brian Whittaker's Tache

First time I've ever seen them and they were brilliant (I got a freebie of a mate who's pal couldn't go)

Annoying weedgie shouting as mentioned previously

Paul Buchanan has an amazing voice, great venue for it too.

I'd love to see him with maybe a string and horn section as some of the songs he did with just the guy on the synth were brilliant but would have been mind blowing if he had been accompanied by proper instruments.

I thought Strangers In The Night was murdered though

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Towards the end someone shouted "Tell us a story" and he replied, along the lines of, "That's what I'm doing".

That was a brilliant touch

Been o/seas too long, but man am rapped to hear they're still on the go. Over the rooftops & Hats....QUALITY.......ENJOY!!:cool:

Walter Kidd

Why do Weegies always have to think they are being smart? Clown shouting out all night deserved a good shoeing.

Why do Weegies always have to think they are being smart? Clown shouting out all night deserved a good shoeing.

It does become to get a bit tiresome after the first 3 dozen "witty" shouts.

Archived