Census 2021 or 2022 in Scotland

CJGJ

Has anyone received census paperwork/forms ?

I received it recently but have been told Scotland's is not until March 2022

What was the point in issuing forms if it's not for another 12 months or should we send the form in anyway ?

I believe it is a 'must complete form' or you could be fined

SwindonJambo
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Has anyone received census paperwork/forms ?

I received it recently but have been told Scotland's is not until March 2022

What was the point in issuing forms if it's not for another 12 months or should we send the form in anyway ?

I believe it is a 'must complete form' or you could be fined

It's a £1,000 fine if you fail to complete. I completed mine online and it took about 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Is there a reason for Scotland being next year? Other than to be different for the sake of it.

Nope, she just has to be different. 

4 hours ago, pablo said:

Is there a reason for Scotland being next year? Other than to be different for the sake of it.

Covid. Seems reasonable. 

Another hilarious thread where NS can be seen to do nothing right.  Postpone the census and she is accused of using Covid as an excuse to be different. Hold the election in May and she is accused of ignoring Covid. Unionists really are a weird bunch 

Shanks said no
8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm more interested in the 1921 census, but I'll have to wait until January 2022 before I can search it.

Same here, on my family tree my maternal great grandparents have always stumped me, common name and criss crossed Scottish / English borders. Might be able to solve some of the blanks.

Ireland has also postponed its 2021 Census to 2022, as have Romania and Germany.  Serbia's has been postponed until October 2021.  India has postponed initial data collection and is considering a longer postponement.  It's the third census that Ireland has postponed in my lifetime.  It's less of a big deal here, because we hold a census every 5 years.

Some people are not living their usual lives. The census should be done when the country is at normality. 

5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

To me, it is a thick headed stupidness that is designed to separate the people of Scotland from the people of the UK.

If we can have the 2021 Holyrood election, why can't we do the census. 

You know, I think people in Scotland are getting sick of the faked differences. 

Many people are living elsewhere, not at work and doing things they usually wouldn't be doing. Why don't the UK put it back for a year. 

Anyway, we'll be doing everything differently from rUK pretty soon. So why don't you get your tea towels washed and dried for your big party on the 21st of June. Because it'll be the last. 

How's the self diagnosis getting on? What have you got this week. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

To me, it is a thick headed stupidness that is designed to separate the people of Scotland from the people of the UK.

If we can have the 2021 Holyrood election, why can't we do the census. 

You know, I think people in Scotland are getting sick of the faked differences. 

I have absolutely no interest in what you think

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

r UK managing to cope with carrying it out but we couldn’t apparently 

bizarre 

And yet you complained about us holding an election during a pandemic despite r UK doing it too

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Many people are living elsewhere, not at work and doing things they usually wouldn't be doing. Why don't the UK put it back for a year. 

Anyway, we'll be doing everything differently from rUK pretty soon. So why don't you get your tea towels washed and dried for your big party on the 21st of June. Because it'll be the last. 

How's the self diagnosis getting on? What have you got this week. 

Never even considered that. I'm currently in Turkey and, if it wasn't for the travel restrictions I would probably be home now and able to complete the census 

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Never even considered that. I'm currently in Turkey and, if it wasn't for the travel restrictions I would probably be home now and able to complete the census 

See if Scotland was doing the census and England, Wales and NI had delayed til 2022, she'd be wrong. 

A Boy Named Crow
10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Another hilarious thread where NS can be seen to do nothing right.  Postpone the census and she is accused of using Covid as an excuse to be different. Hold the election in May and she is accused of ignoring Covid. Unionists really are a weird bunch 

That's not how you spell desperate 

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

Where about? I assume it's not on holiday!

Jambo-Jimbo
14 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Same here, on my family tree my maternal great grandparents have always stumped me, common name and criss crossed Scottish / English borders. Might be able to solve some of the blanks.

The 1921 census also includes for the first time a person's place of work & who they worked for & what tools they used.

Shanks said no
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The 1921 census also includes for the first time a person's place of work & who they worked for & what tools they used.

Think my GG father was a fishmonger with a shop in Duns, so might get that verified too. 

26 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Living in Marmaris

Ahh right.

I’m working in the North right now (2 hours outside Ankara, and wondered if it was related / you were working in the same project.

Completed the census for England. Other than getting to work on foot rather than the car I don't think anything changed for me due to Covid and that change will still be the case next year too.

There's not much in it that is changed by Covid really I didn't think.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Living in Marmaris

Holidayed there in Oct 2000.

On the Sunday in the middle of the fortnight, their census was being done, we were instructed to stay in our rooms until we had our details were taken.

This happened about 10am and were were allowed  to go out. The streets  and beach were near deserted, it was bliss, really surreal. Didn't get back to normal  until about  6 at night.

Best day of the holiday for me.:lol:

Always wanted to go back, but never have.

Seymour M Hersh

Delayed in Scotland due to CoVid. I wonder how the other home nations managed to get it done during the pandemic?

14 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Ahh right.

I’m working in the North right now (2 hours outside Ankara, and wondered if it was related / you were working in the same project.

Nope, retired thankfully😊😊

13 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Holidayed there in Oct 2000.

On the Sunday in the middle of the fortnight, their census was being done, we were instructed to stay in our rooms until we had our details were taken.

This happened about 10am and were were allowed  to go out. The streets  and beach were near deserted, it was bliss, really surreal. Didn't get back to normal  until about  6 at night.

Best day of the holiday for me.:lol:

Always wanted to go back, but never have.

When I worked on the 1991 census here, we were told to ask anyone who had a caravan in their garden if anyone would be staying in it on census day. Felt a right divvy.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

When I worked on the 1991 census here, we were told to ask anyone who had a caravan in their garden if anyone would be staying in it on census day. Felt a right divvy.

I did the 2001 cencus.

Earned a nice wee bit of extra pay.

Some fellow citizens could be complete arseholes (surprisingly, it was not too bad)

You had to take note of everyone in the house before giving them the form.

When they were awkward, I just told them minmum required was names and DoBs, nothing else.