Meeting with HMFC Yesterday

iainmac

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Well Done, Iain et al. I wonder if this good news will turn up as a Banderson exclusive tomorrow? After all, he knows more than us, doesn't he?

Billy the Jambo

We have heard all that before the usual BS coming from the mad ones puppets .The majority of the posters on here will believe anything that man says if he came out and said there was a tooth fairy you would believe him, MOD EDIT WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ****ING COFFEE

Groatallar

It's good to hear some good news for a change. I just hope we can now get a decent manager appointed very soon and sign some players. We are too weak to even challenge for Europe with the current squad.

Thanks for that Iain, here's hoping the managers in soon and we can get down to looking forward rather than all around us for the next obstacle.

rossmaroon
We have heard all that before the usual BS coming from the mad ones puppets .The majority of the posters on here will believe anything that man says if he came out and said there was a tooth fairy you would believe him, MOD EDIT WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ****ING COFFEE

You have to be pretty negatively minded not to take something positive from the "Equity" news and the SOH meeting. However, I have followed Hearts long enough to know that for some the glass will ALWAYS BE HALF EMPTY...

Well done. I'm now far more re-assured that things are starting to move along in the right direction than I was a week ago. Maybe once the new manager is appointed we can all get back to getting behind the team and trying to ensure that we have a succesful season, instead of beating the hell out of each other on KB.

Dougie Masterton

As a follow on to Iain McLeod?s initial post I would like to say that there were no questions that we posed that went unanswered.

All three seemed genuinely sympathetic to all issues put in front of them.

As Iain has already mentioned we quizzed them quite thoroughly regarding the autonomy of the team manager. It was interesting to note that the conversation was about a manager and not a head coach as has been the case previously. No time scales were given regarding the appointment, but my feeling is that it could be soon.

David Southern does accept that communications need to be enhanced and he is working on ways to get more information out to the fans.

The message is that Vladimir shares our concerns, he wants what we want. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but let?s be patient for a little longer.

BELIEVE

mickmaroon
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ****ING COFFEE

Braw, milk no sugar please.

siegementality
As some of you will be aware, I met up with some of the SOH activists last week in the Orwell. We agreed on a course of action that led us to a meeting with some Senior Management from HMFC at Tynecastle yesterday.

Myself and Dougie Masterton met with David Southern, Sergejus Fedethovas and Vilma Vensilovaitiene for over an hour. For those of you that aren't aware, Vilma deals with contracts on behalf of UBIG.

Sergejus gave us the great news about the debt for equity swap and also mentioned that there were plans to deal with the rest of the debt over a longer term. The reason given for this ?12M gesture was to put the company on a better financial footing and to make it easier to redevelop the stadium.

We were also told that there was a short list of 3 for the manager's post and that an appointment was expected imminently. We pushed the autonomous requirement and were given assurances that the manager would have full control of team affairs - we shall have to wait and see but references to George Burley's time in charge were made. (Burley is on record saying that VR did not influence his team selections).

We questioned why CPR was still around - old habits die hard ;) - and Sergejus looked perplexed. DS explained that this was "one of those myths and perceptions that surrounded this club" and that his only attachment was his entitlement to be in the Boardroom as an ex-Director. I can't help feeling that a great PR opportunity has been missed here.

On the subject of communication, we were told that VR did not want to communicate with the media (understandably) but we pointed out that the fans were being left completely in the dark and this was leading to major unrest. We pushed for some kind of compromise to be made between both extremes - DS will look at that.

Vilma then stated that, as we are a Scottish club, it was important to have a nucleus of Scottish players who understood the importance of a derby match and what the 'Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' actually meant. We pointed out that this was a good thing but they firstly had to be good enough to wear the jersey rather than just being Scottish.

We all agreed that the fundamentals had to be right - on the pitch - and that the results should speak for themselves. I asked if VR was getting bored with Hearts and Vilma said that he thought about Hearts for a large part of every day, Sergejus corrected her..VR thought about Hearts for the whole of every day! Dougie said " so do we".

All in all, we received a very fair hearing and I left in a more positive frame of mind than when I went in. However, actions speak louder than words - we'll monitor the situation closely.

Dougie, have I missed anything?

When was this meeting arranged?

shaun.lawson
As a follow on to Iain McLeod?s initial post I would like to say that there were no questions that we posed that went unanswered.

All three seemed genuinely sympathetic to all issues put in front of them.

As Iain has already mentioned we quizzed them quite thoroughly regarding the autonomy of the team manager. It was interesting to note that the conversation was about a manager and not a head coach as has been the case previously. No time scales were given regarding the appointment, but my feeling is that it could be soon.

David Southern does accept that communications need to be enhanced and he is working on ways to get more information out to the fans.

The message is that Vladimir shares our concerns, he wants what we want. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but let?s be patient for a little longer.

BELIEVE

Did you ask them whether there remained any possibility of an appointment from the pyramid? If so, what was their response?

Very many thanks Iain. Well done on bringing us some positive news for a change.

I particularly liked the bit about plans for dealing with the outstanding debt !

I feel a contented jambo right now and will be ecstatic if and when a decent manager twirls the scarf over his head.

Vlad hasnt said anything

Think you need to get a grip of reality

:hobofish:

siegementality
BELIEVE

You've got to be taking the pesh with that comment.

Very. He was very open with us and said that everyone at Tynecastle, from himself, CO, right down to the ticket office were desperate for Hearts to do well.

I believe that. I've met David a couple of times and what struck me was that he's not just doing a job...not at all...he's really quite devoted to the cause. Very genuine sort and a really nice man, too.

shaun.lawson
I believe that. I've met David a couple of times and what struck me was that he's not just doing a job...not at all...he's really quite devoted to the cause. Very genuine sort and a really nice man, too.

I do too. I think a ton of people at the club are devoted and committed - the trouble is, they're continually undermined by someone else acting remotely! Hopefully though, what's been reported is a sign that this will now cease.

Nucky Thompson

Well done guys:) I just love good news:cheese:

BELIEVE.

Dougie Masterton
You've got to be taking the pesh with that comment.

You sir, have a choice.

Well done Iain and Dougie and thanks for the update. Here's hoping we're not left dissappointed again.

Thanks for posting that.

I'm not a Romanov fan in the slightest, but I'm grateful for the post, infact, any news coming out of Tynecastle.

It all sounds positive, so, as you say, we'll see.

I've read other posts here having a go, geez give the boy a break, he was there, he posted details of the meeting, whether or not it happens remains to be seen, but is there any need or point in more negativity?

C'mon The Famous!

Ron Burgundy
When was this meeting arranged?

I got a text asking if I fancied going along.

ford donald

WELL DONE IAIN&CO.YOU TOOK THE TIME AND EFFORT,IT SEEMS LIKE A POSITIVE MEETING,TIME WILL TELL, BUT VERY WELL DONE!:)

portobellojambo1

Thank you for the feedback Iain/Dougie, an interesting and positive read.

Professor.Arturo

Thanks for the post Iain. When I read at lunchtime about the debt being slashed I felt a 'warm and happy ' feeling inside when I went back to work. After reading this, I think I am starting to believe again. :)

One point on communication though. Ok, we can all understand why VR pulled the shutters down with a media blackout, they were trying to stab us at every oportunity. But what about Planet Hearts? (I have no connection) it was a paper for the fans, could he (or the club) not used that as a medium for communicating with the fans? at least we'd have all known what we were reading was the truth from the club, instead they got lumped in with the 'media' tag.....which was their ultimate downfall, which is rather sad.

Ray Winstone

While it is all very well the club officials saying this when put face to face with the fans it will be interesting to see if their actions mirror the sentiments put forward at your meeting.

Having said that it does seem like you chaps had a very positive and informative meeting and I hope that the club continues to be more forth coming with information for the fans.

chester copperpot

Very well done Iain and Dougie, thanks for taking the time to inform the board re: the meeting.

Lets hope all comes to fruition with the manager in the next few days, from what I hear the news isn't far off coming with regards the manager.

Cheers guys.:)

It is sounding good, but we have heard it all before. Lets be honest these meeting are usually positive, unless Roman is there though. Will just have to wait and see what transpires.

Iain, can i just ask, did you raise the issue of recruiting players from the pyramid? Is this likely to continue at the same rate? It is an approach that is flawed, but Robber seemed to think Vlad wanted to continue with this approach.

Thanks for the post Iain. When I read at lunchtime about the debt being slashed I felt a 'warm and happy ' feeling inside when I went back to work. After reading this, I think I am starting to believe again. :)

One point on communication though. Ok, we can all understand why VR pulled the shutters down with a media blackout, they were trying to stab us at every oportunity. But what about Planet Hearts? (I have no connection) it was a paper for the fans, could he (or the club) not used that as a medium for communicating with the fans? at least we'd have all known what we were reading was the truth from the club, instead they got lumped in with the 'media' tag.....which was their ultimate downfall, which is rather sad.

Jammy Git will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the club saw PH as a direct competitor for The Beat magazine.

siegementality
You sir, have a choice.

Good attitude, rather than take a minute to explain to me why you "believe" again, I get that. You seem like just the guy I want speaking on behalf of me, a Hearts fan, not!. That attitude doesn't seem that far removed from Romanknobs, maybe that is why you were easily convinced to "believe" again

It is sounding good, but we have heard it all before. Lets be honest these meeting are usually positive, unless Roman is there though. Will just have to wait and see what transpires.

Iain, can i just ask, did you raise the issue of recruiting players from the pyramid? Is this likely to continue at the same rate? It is an approach that is flawed, but Robber seemed to think Vlad wanted to continue with this approach.

We had a broad discussion about Kaunas players but hopefully that will be an issue for the incoming manager and not the 3 people that we met.

Professor.Arturo
Jammy Git will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the club saw PH as a direct competitor for The Beat magazine.

Oh I see. Don't think many people would see them as direct competion, one was a weekly ?1 paper, the othe a ?3 or ?4 glossy. But if that was the case fair enough, I never knew.

I got a text asking if I fancied going along.

Well you'll be able to answer seigementality's question then. :P

Oh I see. Don't think many people would see them as direct competion, one was a weekly ?1 paper, the othe a ?3 or ?4 glossy. But if that was the case fair enough, I never knew.

Think some of the regular contributors were the same.

We had a broad discussion about Kaunas players but hopefully that will be an issue for the incoming manager and not the 3 people that we met.

I see. Thanks.

shaun.lawson

But The Beat magazine may as well have been renamed PRAVDA! I believe it's now defunct anyway, which just re-emphasises the shortsightedness of not co-operating with Planet Hearts if you ask me.

Ron Burgundy

Mibbes aye,mibbes naw.:P

Everyone who's anyone knew about that meeting.

If you didn't know about it then you're not a true supporter.:rolleyes:

PS. Just kidding,once again well done to those involved and maybe things are looking a little brighter on the horizon.

FTH.

Professor.Arturo
But The Beat magazine may as well have been renamed PRAVDA! I believe it's now defunct anyway, which just re-emphasises the shortsightedness of not co-operating with Planet Hearts if you ask me.

I wonder if there is a chance Planet Hearts might re-emerge?

shaun.lawson

I certainly hope so. Incidentally, re the points above about the two publications not being directly comparable: the key is that Planet Hearts suffered through the club's complete lack of co-operation with it, which was a huge pity, and yet another opportunity missed.

If we started doing well again it might.

A season like last season would be terrible for something like Planet Hearts circulation.

siegementality

Have we now started playing some juvenile game of avoid the question?

Why refer my question to him when It was asked of you?.

Drylaw Hearts
As some of you will be aware, I met up with some of the SOH activists last week in the Orwell. We agreed on a course of action that led us to a meeting with some Senior Management from HMFC at Tynecastle yesterday.

Myself and Dougie Masterton met with David Southern, Sergejus Fedethovas and Vilma Vensilovaitiene for over an hour. For those of you that aren't aware, Vilma deals with contracts on behalf of UBIG.

Sergejus gave us the great news about the debt for equity swap and also mentioned that there were plans to deal with the rest of the debt over a longer term. The reason given for this ?12M gesture was to put the company on a better financial footing and to make it easier to redevelop the stadium.

We were also told that there was a short list of 3 for the manager's post and that an appointment was expected imminently. We pushed the autonomous requirement and were given assurances that the manager would have full control of team affairs - we shall have to wait and see but references to George Burley's time in charge were made. (Burley is on record saying that VR did not influence his team selections).

We questioned why CPR was still around - old habits die hard ;) - and Sergejus looked perplexed. DS explained that this was "one of those myths and perceptions that surrounded this club" and that his only attachment was his entitlement to be in the Boardroom as an ex-Director. I can't help feeling that a great PR opportunity has been missed here.

On the subject of communication, we were told that VR did not want to communicate with the media (understandably) but we pointed out that the fans were being left completely in the dark and this was leading to major unrest. We pushed for some kind of compromise to be made between both extremes - DS will look at that.

Vilma then stated that, as we are a Scottish club, it was important to have a nucleus of Scottish players who understood the importance of a derby match and what the 'Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' actually meant. We pointed out that this was a good thing but they firstly had to be good enough to wear the jersey rather than just being Scottish.

We all agreed that the fundamentals had to be right - on the pitch - and that the results should speak for themselves. I asked if VR was getting bored with Hearts and Vilma said that he thought about Hearts for a large part of every day, Sergejus corrected her..VR thought about Hearts for the whole of every day! Dougie said " so do we".

All in all, we received a very fair hearing and I left in a more positive frame of mind than when I went in. However, actions speak louder than words - we'll monitor the situation closely.

Dougie, have I missed anything?

Nice to hear something positive Iain.

But excuse me for asking...............

Why was this meeting kept a secret ?

Were there any other fans groups involved ?

Drylaw Hearts
Iain,

Thanks for the info on the train last night, it made the journey south all the more interesting.

It was even better when the announcement was made on the official website confirming your story this morning. Hopefully there is even more good news to come in the days that follow with the appointment of a decent manager.

This certainly caught the media out big time and confirms they know diddly squat about the happenings in Gorgie, and even less of what goes on in Kaunus ;).

FTH

Mmmmm.

Last night you say ?

Mmmmm.

siegementality
I certainly hope so. Incidentally, re the points above about the two publications not being directly comparable: the key is that Planet Hearts suffered through the club's complete lack of co-operation with it, which was a huge pity, and yet another opportunity missed.

Could be a good vehicle for the club to open their direct line of communication to the fans and the fans to have their say to a wider audience. Must be worth seriously considering starting it up again.

Nice to hear something positive Iain.

But excuse me for asking...............

Why was this meeting kept a secret ?

Were there any other fans groups involved ?

Kept secret? We definitely knew we were meeting........

Just because we don't post our business on a public internet forum doesn't mean we were keeping anything secret. We met openly in the Orwell Lodge last Sunday at exactly the same time as the Orwell Hearts AGM.

Good attitude, rather than take a minute to explain to me why you "believe" again, I get that. You seem like just the guy I want speaking on behalf of me, a Hearts fan, not!. That attitude doesn't seem that far removed from Romanknobs, maybe that is why you were easily convinced to "believe" again

You can say all you like about Iain and Dougie but certainly not that.

Seymour M Hersh

Good feedback guys. I think SF and DS are straight up individuals and believe what they say. If the gal from UBIG is the contracts is in town that hopefully does indicate something positive on the Manager front.

siegementality
Mmmmm.

Last night you say ?

Mmmmm.

Apparently the meeting was to be kept secret and only those and such as those were to be privvy to the information prior to us plebs knowing. It's a perk of the position to disseminate information to your mates prior to it being made general knowledge.

I'm sure the people they had the meeting with would have been delighted if the press had got a hold of this info because of someones loose texting thumb. I would suggest DS, et al, will be a little less trusting with their sensitive information next time.

jack D and coke

Aye i miss reading Barry Radge's page every week. Class that was.

siegementality
Kept secret? We definitely knew we were meeting........

Just because we don't post our business on a public internet forum doesn't mean we were keeping anything secret. We met openly in the Orwell Lodge last Sunday at exactly the same time as the Orwell Hearts AGM.

And were sending texts to your mates five minutes after being out the meeting. You're right there is nothing secretive about that.

Archived