Meeting with HMFC Yesterday

iainmac

As some of you will be aware, I met up with some of the SOH activists last week in the Orwell. We agreed on a course of action that led us to a meeting with some Senior Management from HMFC at Tynecastle yesterday.

Myself and Dougie Masterton met with David Southern, Sergejus Fedethovas and Vilma Vensilovaitiene for over an hour. For those of you that aren't aware, Vilma deals with contracts on behalf of UBIG.

Sergejus gave us the great news about the debt for equity swap and also mentioned that there were plans to deal with the rest of the debt over a longer term. The reason given for this ?12M gesture was to put the company on a better financial footing and to make it easier to redevelop the stadium.

We were also told that there was a short list of 3 for the manager's post and that an appointment was expected imminently. We pushed the autonomous requirement and were given assurances that the manager would have full control of team affairs - we shall have to wait and see but references to George Burley's time in charge were made. (Burley is on record saying that VR did not influence his team selections).

We questioned why CPR was still around - old habits die hard ;) - and Sergejus looked perplexed. DS explained that this was "one of those myths and perceptions that surrounded this club" and that his only attachment was his entitlement to be in the Boardroom as an ex-Director. I can't help feeling that a great PR opportunity has been missed here.

On the subject of communication, we were told that VR did not want to communicate with the media (understandably) but we pointed out that the fans were being left completely in the dark and this was leading to major unrest. We pushed for some kind of compromise to be made between both extremes - DS will look at that.

Vilma then stated that, as we are a Scottish club, it was important to have a nucleus of Scottish players who understood the importance of a derby match and what the 'Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' actually meant. We pointed out that this was a good thing but they firstly had to be good enough to wear the jersey rather than just being Scottish.

We all agreed that the fundamentals had to be right - on the pitch - and that the results should speak for themselves. I asked if VR was getting bored with Hearts and Vilma said that he thought about Hearts for a large part of every day, Sergejus corrected her..VR thought about Hearts for the whole of every day! Dougie said " so do we".

All in all, we received a very fair hearing and I left in a more positive frame of mind than when I went in. However, actions speak louder than words - we'll monitor the situation closely.

Dougie, have I missed anything?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bootboy100

Firstly can I say well done on getting to speak to some influencial people at Hearts and secondly thanks for sharing the outcomes of yesterdays meeting.

Its all positive however I have heard this before but as Hearts said today in a nutshell actions speak louder than words.

Incidently was there any mention of new players arriving??

Independence

Fantastic news!

As I have said on a different thread, I was more concerned that VR would soon walk away from Hearts, as he was loosing interest. This is clearly not the case and our great club 'lives on'.

I now await more good news about the manager and we can all, at last, look forward to the start of the new season.

Even the most hardened 'hatkickers' must be pleased with todays turn of events.

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like you asked good, pertinent and succinct questions

Good work and thanks for the report.

Either what they say will happen happens, or all trust in them will be gone for good.

Did you get a feel for what imminent meant. Midweek, end of week?

Independence
Firstly can I say well done on getting to speak to some influencial people at Hearts and secondly thanks for sharing the outcomes of yesterdays meeting.

Its all positive however I have heard this before but as Hearts said today in a nutshell actions speak louder than words.

Incidently was there any mention of new players arriving??

Well what about the action of........................

writing 12 million pounds of our debt.

Surely this is a great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jambomickey
As some of you will be aware, I met up with some of the SOH activists last week in the Orwell. We agreed on a course of action that led us to a meeting with some Senior Management from HMFC at Tynecastle yesterday.

Myself and Dougie Masterton met with David Southern, Sergejus Fedethovas and Vilma Vensilovaitiene for over an hour. For those of you that aren't aware, Vilma deals with contracts on behalf of UBIG.

Sergejus gave us the great news about the debt for equity swap and also mentioned that there were plans to deal with the rest of the debt over a longer term. The reason given for this ?12M gesture was to put the company on a better financial footing and to make it easier to redevelop the stadium.

We were also told that there was a short list of 3 for the manager's post and that an appointment was expected imminently. We pushed the autonomous requirement and were given assurances that the manager would have full control of team affairs - we shall have to wait and see but references to George Burley's time in charge were made. (Burley is on record saying that VR did not influence his team selections).

We questioned why CPR was still around - old habits die hard ;) - and Sergejus looked perplexed. DS explained that this was "one of those myths and perceptions that surrounded this club" and that his only attachment was his entitlement to be in the Boardroom as an ex-Director. I can't help feeling that a great PR opportunity has been missed here.

On the subject of communication, we were told that VR did not want to communicate with the media (understandably) but we pointed out that the fans were being left completely in the dark and this was leading to major unrest. We pushed for some kind of compromise to be made between both extremes - DS will look at that.

Vilma then stated that, as we are a Scottish club, it was important to have a nucleus of Scottish players who understood the importance of a derby match and what the 'Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' actually meant. We pointed out that this was a good thing but they firstly had to be good enough to wear the jersey rather than just being Scottish.

We all agreed that the fundamentals had to be right - on the pitch - and that the results should speak for themselves. I asked if VR was getting bored with Hearts and Vilma said that he thought about Hearts for a large part of every day, Sergejus corrected her..VR thought about Hearts for the whole of every day! Dougie said " so do we".

All in all, we received a very fair hearing and I left in a more positive frame of mind than when I went in. However, actions speak louder than words - we'll monitor the situation closely.

sounds much more positive! time will tell if actions speak louder than words

Dirk Diggler

Thanks Iain.

On the subject of the short list of 3 and an appointment being imminent, did you feel they were being genuine?

'A short list of 3', well, we've heard it before haven't we.

I have to say, it sounds convienent for them to say that.

Did you get the impression those in attendance were aware of who the 3 were or would you guess they were in the dark and it's all down to VR?

ToadKiller Dog

Sounds like those at the meeting were open with you at this meeting ,but i agree with you that actions speak louder than words ,we have seen some of that today just hope its not a one off or a fobb off.

For hearts to get where we all want it requires us all ,vlad,the club and the fans working together and that cant be done with Vlad keeping us out of the loop.

Heres for a better future.

All sounds good and if the bit in bold is true then we might finally be able to start looking forward to next season with some degree of optimism. Here's hoping.

Another nice bit of news ....im pleased this has been communicated back to the fans. cheers guys and well done.

itsnomarooned

On the face of it this all sounds very encouraging - good on you. We shall, however, wait and see.

Just as a matter of interest - and fully appreciating its irrelevance - is Vilma Vensilovaitiene male or female?

Craigieboy

Most fans will be going along the 'actions speak louder' road at the moment.

VR has left us with a bad taste & a severe lack of trust.

We will see.

It's a wait and see game, the debt being reduced has to be a major positive, however a manager who has full control of team affairs?

If HMFC are to move upwards a quality manager with full liability is paramount.

Thank you very much for this Iain.

My personal opinion is that the manager situation is key to all, if a manager is given control then 99% of issues with him will go away.

As for communication, I do not feel that the club needs to make as much public communications to us as others would say is important. Assuming they make good on the manager situation, I would be happy to be told when something is done, I do not require regular updates. However, if regular updates are not forthcoming when it looks bad, hell mend them.

Chad Sexington

Like most other folk, I'm quietly pleased that the club are giving out some good vibes but the proof will be in the actions of Romanov.

Employ a decent manager in the next couple of days and give him some cash to spend. Then back the feck off and let him do his job.

If Vlad can do that I will feel much better about the future of the club.

Thanks Iain.

On the subject of the short list of 3 and an appointment being imminent, did you feel they were being genuine?

'A short list of 3', well, we've heard it before haven't we.

I have to say, it sounds convienent for them to say that.

Did you get the impression those in attendance were aware of who the 3 were or would you guess they were in the dark and it's all down to VR?

I got the impression all 3 knew who the manager was going to be and the fact that Vilma (female) was there...........

She wasn't there to put the final touches on a contract for me or Dougie!

Like most other folk, I'm quietly pleased that the club are giving out some good vibes but the proof will be in the actions of Romanov.

Employ a decent manager in the next couple of days and give him some cash to spend. Then back the feck off and let him do his job.

As ever, for whatever the likes of the David Southern or Sergi Fedatovas say, VR will do what he wants to do.

Dirk Diggler
I got the impression all 3 knew who the manager was going to be and the fact that Vilma (female) was there...........

Thank you.

:)

shaun.lawson

Many, many thanks, Iain and Dougie: all this is very reassuring, and it sounds like you got the balance exactly right. The proof of the pudding shall be in the eating, as they say...

I'm struck by the bit in bold. I mean, if VR really does care enough about Hearts to think about us all day every day, he's got a funny way of showing it! :confused: But then, people sometimes do very strange things when they're in love, I suppose - and it's only a very fine line between passionate love when things are going well, and jealous, vindictive nonsense followed by growing disinterest when they're not (I am, of course, talking about VR here, and not us. Well, I think I am, anyway!).

Craigieboy

Spot on mate.

Lets hope to **** that we can start to be a bit more positive now.

Would be so happy to get some entertainment this season, of the right sort.

shaun.lawson
I'm sorry, but the OP just didn't do his job properly. I mean, out of all that chat you never thought to ask for Janet Smirnova's number? Shocking ;)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Janet_Smirnova/791034824

She has a Facebook page now, get yerself added!!

I found that page months ago, and was gutted it was private! :sad:

I found that page months ago, and was gutted it was private! :sad:

Add yerself as a friend with the line "Janet, show us yer baps". She is sure to accept, I mean, name me a lady who wouldn't ;)

Miller Jambo 60
Fantastic news!

As I have said on a different thread, I was more concerned that VR would soon walk away from Hearts, as he was loosing interest. This is clearly not the case and our great club 'lives on'.

I now await more good news about the manager and we can all, at last, look forward to the start of the new season.

Even the most hardened 'hatkickers' must be pleased with todays turn of events.

Thanks for the update.

Great news cmon the hearts as we watch the hobos suffer again.

Thanks for taking the time to post Iain hopefully as you said action speaks louder than words and this week proves the action is starting. I think the type of appointment for the managers role will be a test of those words.

Miller Jambo 60
Most fans will be going along the 'actions speak louder' road at the moment.

VR has left us with a bad taste & a severe lack of trust.

We will see.

What to do mate put your money in otherwise go to sleep

robin hood jambo

I have to agree it was good... nay great to hear some positive news coming out of the club.

I only hope that now we have taken a step back from the brink we can build on the positive vibes when the managerial announcement is made.

Rudolf's Mate

Very well done & sounds really positive & no doubt we will see in time!

I would be happy if they didn't deal with the media and dealt directly with you guys to post on here :)

Thanks Iain, all sounds positive...especially the bit about all three appearing to know who the manager is going to be. That sits better than the mention of an 'imminent' appointment!

How did David Southern seem? Was he upbeat?

She can give me a contract any time she likes;) On a serious note it was good of David and co to give you and Dougie a meeting and everything sounds a lot more positve.

No Nonsense

All seems very positive on what has been a pleasantly positive day for us. Just to echo the thoughts of a previous poster, I am also not that bothered about being kept informed every step of the way but using the website as a tool to keep supporters informed in the fashion we were today is all we need. Lets hope that a new manager is unveiled in this manner asap. Does get me thinking though; were Rober, Gudjon and Weiss ever serious contenders. Mcghee clearly was because we were given the benefit of a short ditti on the wesite detailing that he had turned down the job etc, whilst the aforementioned were not. Also Mcghee was pretty much silent on everything until he eventually knocked us back. On the other hand, the other 3 were pretty vocal in the media.

Guest JamboRobbo

Thanks for posting, and as others have said, it all sounds like what we want to hear. Lets hope the actions back up the words.

Thanks very much Iain. It's more reassuring knowing that things seem to be on track behind the scenes, hopefully that's the way it turns out.

At least it seems as though we could have a manager in place now and if he's left to get on with it, then who knows.

Thanks Iain, all sounds positive...especially the bit about all three appearing to know who the manager is going to be. That sits better than the mention of an 'imminent' appointment!

How did David Southern seem? Was he upbeat?

Very. He was very open with us and said that everyone at Tynecastle, from himself, CO, right down to the ticket office were desperate for Hearts to do well.

Thanks for posting this Iain. For me, it all comes down to the manager and what happens on the park however.

I still hope his Vladness surprises us and actually appoints a manager with autonomy over team selection and tactics but it's very hard to have much hope. They mentioned Burley....and look what happened there! :eek:

Fingers crossed though. And I guess we'll find out shortly what they have in mind.

Gigolo-Aunt
Very. He was very open with us and said that everyone at Tynecastle, from himself, CO, right down to the ticket office were desperate for Hearts to do well.

Sorry for you to keep answering questions, Iain.

How was CO? Just that there has been one or two rumbling that he has not been a happy camper recently.

Thanks for the info, sounds more promising.

Was there any mention of Rodney's continuing role at the club i.e. is he there, if so what does he do, will we ever apoint a new Chief Exec?

Chad Sexington
Sorry for you to keep answering questions, Iain.

How was CO? Just that there has been one or two rumbling that he has not been a happy camper recently.

He wasn't there you plum.

;)

CornhillHearts

Well done chaps, any of you coming over for a beer to Belfast if so i will buy you a beer or two for that.

Trained One

Iain,

Thanks for the info on the train last night, it made the journey south all the more interesting.

It was even better when the announcement was made on the official website confirming your story this morning. Hopefully there is even more good news to come in the days that follow with the appointment of a decent manager.

This certainly caught the media out big time and confirms they know diddly squat about the happenings in Gorgie, and even less of what goes on in Kaunus ;).

FTH

Ron Burgundy

This is a truly positive thread and the absence of certain posters on it back that right up.

Mainy thanks to iainmac and DM.

I have a sneaky feeling this could be a very interesting season.

:107years:

great news iainmac,well done to you and dougie,and for giving up your sunday and travelling up from newcastle for the meeting,top drawer mate.

Very well done guys, this news really makes me feel positive for the new season.:)

Archived