Tommy Robinson

JFK-1

53 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Planning on actually engaging with responses on the thread you started @JFK-1

I was going to say last night that it was pretty clear he didn't actually want anyone to provide the evidence. His mind was already made up.

Edit: he hasn't actually been online since this time yesterday though so will be interesting to see what he says when he turns up.

Edited by Sooperstar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JFK-1

• Sooperstar

• JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He's actually one of the last people I expected this from, going by the Trump thread. Or have I got the wrong poster. 

On 13/03/2021 at 03:59, AlphonseCapone said:

Only when i'm online which I haven't been since then. 

On 12/03/2021 at 07:16, ri Alban said:

What do you think of Islam. You seem to be a bit defensive about folk who criticise it. So come on, tell us. 

I don't recall ever being critical of anybody who criticised it. I think it's a political ideology with religious trimmings. That view was arrived at after reading both the koran and some recommended hadith plus some biographic material of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

The whole thing is a scam which made the founder wealthy. And something of a mob boss who had his followers robbing passing traveling caravans while he got a 25% cut of the loot. What does that sound like to you?

But then I think all religions are fabricated. But not all founded by a John Gotti.

On 12/03/2021 at 07:04, fancy a brew said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6699677/Tommy-Robinson-makes-racist-slur-brags-buying-drugs-drunken-video.html

Literally the first link that appeared when I searched  'Tommy Robinson racist comments'.

Surprised you've not been able to locate it yourself.

I can't view taht link without disabling y ad blocker and i'm not going to do taht for the Daily Mail which I would never acceot as a credible source of anything at all. A rag which the media bias fact check site has this to say about.

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

According to CNBC, the Daily Mail also has been criticized by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales for publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines and “mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’”.  

MBFCLow.png

Now if evidence of racism as his motive is out there I want to see it. From a reputable source.

Just seems this thread was started to have a go at islam. Bit sad but if it gets you through the night then you carry on. Oh and Laxley is a racist

26 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I can't view taht link without disabling y ad blocker and i'm not going to do taht for the Daily Mail which I would never acceot as a credible source of anything at all. A rag which the media bias fact check site has this to say about.

MBFCLow.png

Now if evidence of racism as his motive is out there I want to see it. From a reputable source.

It’s a video. Of him. Being racist

You asked for proof, have been given it and then refused to watch it

Pasquale for King

It was amazing how many huns changed their tune about him when they were told his real name when we were handing out leaflets the day he was allegedly going to come to our game. That was a great week leading up to it, plenty of DMs making queries about my future health.  

1 hour ago, mutley said:

It’s a video. Of him. Being racist

You asked for proof, have been given it and then refused to watch it

I'm not refusing to watch any video. If Robinson is out there being racist on camera i'm more than confident it will be everywhere outside the Daily Mail which I don't take seriously. Bring it and I will watch it.

Factual Reporting: LOW
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information.  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

You want me to take a source like that seriously? Well that wont happen. Do you actually take the Daily Mail seriously? That's a source of news for you?

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not refusing to watch any video. If Robinson is out there being racist on camera i'm more than confident it will be everywhere outside the Daily Mail which I don't take seriously. Bring it and I will watch it.

You want me to take a source like that seriously? Well that wont happen. Do you actually take the Daily Mail seriously? That's a source of news for you?

The Mail’s editorials and opinion pieces are without a doubt biased. However they didn’t write a script for him to read in the video. That’s all a product of his rancid little brain. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Just seems this thread was started to have a go at islam. Bit sad but if it gets you through the night then you carry on. Oh and Laxley is a racist

I started the thread. And it wasn't to have a go at Islam. In fact after reading over the original post again I can see absolutely nothing in it that could be described as having a go at Islam. In fact the only time it was referenced at all was briefly in relation to Robinson.

All I can find him doing is critiquing Islamic ideology

But that aside. Are you suggesting Islam should never be discussed unless it's being flattered? Do you extend the same privilege to all topics or all religions? If you do that's a dangerous path to go down.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The Mail’s editorials and opinion pieces are without a doubt biased. However they didn’t write a script for him to read in the video. That’s all a product of his rancid little brain. 

I certainly wouldn't consider Tommy Robinson to be some form of working class intellectual. In fact that's likely his major problem as such as I see it. He's not eloquent by any means.

But from where I am I can see nothing he says that differs greatly from what the likes of Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris who are regarded as highly educated 21st century intellectuals have to say.

He's simply not so eloquent and perhaps due to that makes absolutely no attempt to be politically correct about it.

Dawkins himself has been accused of "islamophobia" which he said he considers a "non word". I would agree with him on that. It's designed to shut down any debate on actual indisputable problems.

He drags Christianity over the coals too. But no one makes up a term such as Christianophobe. Why not?

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I certainly wouldn't consider Tommy Robinson to be some form of working class intellectual. In fact that's likely his major problem as such as I see it. He's not eloquent by any means.

But from where I am I can see nothing he says that differs greatly from what the likes of Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris who are regarded as highly educated 21st century intellectuals have to say.

He's simply not so eloquent and perhaps due to that makes absolutely no attempt to be politically correct about it.

Dawkins himself has been accused of "islamophobia" which he said he considers a "non word". I would agree with him on that. It's designed to shut down any debate on actual indisputable problems.

He drags Christianity over the coals too. But no one makes up a term such as Christianophobe. Why not?

https://resistinghate.org/yes-tommy-robinson-you-are-a-racist/

Did you visit that link which was posted on Friday?

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

They don't need to make it up, because it already exists: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Christianophobe

There's actually a lot of Christianophobia in existence around the world.

22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

https://resistinghate.org/yes-tommy-robinson-you-are-a-racist/

Did you visit that link which was posted on Friday?

Yes I looked at it but first of all I know nothing about this website, it appears nowhere in any media bias fact checking sites. And what I derive from it is largely that Robinson has said things like "******".

That means little to me. It's a word I myself have used countless times in my life and so did almost everyone I knew in Scotland. And they weren't being racist. They would say things like "I got a cairry oot at the *******". I asked a ****** "insert question". And so on.

I look at reputable sites which do appear on media fact checking sites and listen to people I know are not racists. Dawkins, Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher.

None of those people are racist but all are far more eloquent than Robinson and appear to be saying pretty much the same things he does regarding Islam.

Here's Hitchens criticising Islam in multiple ways. Does that mean he was a racist? To me it's like saying he's a racist for criticising Christianity too. Christianity has around 600 million adherents in Africa alone. It's likely the majority of adherents globally are not white.

Every time I worry that I might be a sad barsteward, I remember that people like the OP spend time feigning ignorance in order to have pretend arguments online.

1 minute ago, Thaw said:

Every time I worry that I might be a sad barsteward, I remember that people like the OP spend time feigning ignorance in order to have pretend arguments online.

Every time I think I might be asking a legitimate question from a stance of not having been in the UK for over 9 years I remember that there are people, like you, who pretend to be saying something but are actually talking and saying nothing.

Some people actually remind me of a feature of sharks. A shark brain can be removed yet the body will continue making the swimming motion. I suspect there are people who can have no brain at all but still keep right on talking.

As for having pretend arguments tell you what. Since you're frankly coming across as one who talks and says nothing but is simply an attention beggar I will put you on ignore. Negating the possibility of granting you any further attention and both of us the possibility of engaging in "pretend arguments"

My time recently is extremely limited. Thus I feel disinclined to spare any time at all for any pretend argument.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't recall ever being critical of anybody who criticised it. I think it's a political ideology with religious trimmings. That view was arrived at after reading both the koran and some recommended hadith plus some biographic material of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

The whole thing is a scam which made the founder wealthy. And something of a mob boss who had his followers robbing passing traveling caravans while he got a 25% cut of the loot. What does that sound like to you?

But then I think all religions are fabricated. But not all founded by a John Gotti.

Aye that guy in Rome, the Catholic Dr Who, is a bit skint. And so is the English head of state. Really need a concert. 

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was amazing how many huns changed their tune about him when they were told his real name when we were handing out leaflets the day he was allegedly going to come to our game.  * That was a great week leading up to it, plenty of DMs making queries about my future health.  

* Were you threatened, bud? 

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I looked at it but first of all I know nothing about this website, it appears nowhere in any media bias fact checking sites. And what I derive from it is largely that Robinson has said things like "******".

That means little to me. It's a word I myself have used countless times in my life and so did almost everyone I knew in Scotland. And they weren't being racist. They would say things like "I got a cairry oot at the *******". I asked a ****** "insert question". And so on.

I look at reputable sites which do appear on media fact checking sites and listen to people I know are not racists. Dawkins, Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher.

None of those people are racist but all are far more eloquent than Robinson and appear to be saying pretty much the same things he does regarding Islam.

Here's Hitchens criticising Islam in multiple ways. Does that mean he was a racist? To me it's like saying he's a racist for criticising Christianity too. Christianity has around 600 million adherents in Africa alone. It's likely the majority of adherents globally are not white.

Really? Dawkins and Hitchens are critical of all religions. 

Oh and how did these 600 million people in Africa become  Christian? They wouldn't happen to be European colonies at some point, did they.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Yep, decision already made then. As we thought. Good luck to you.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I've never heard Dawkins or Harris characterise nationalities as rapists or barbarians as Robinson does in the video below.

Textbook racism.

I'll be interested to see how you tortuously contort your way out of that in defence of Saint Tommy.

11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It doesn't really matter what it means to you. It matters what the word means to the people it is referring to. 

Try rocking up to a gang of asian guys and say "alright ya ********" and explain how it's fine because it means nothing to you. See how you get on.

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I've never heard Dawkins or Harris characterise nationalities as rapists or barbarians as Robinson does in the video below.

Textbook racism.

I'll be interested to see how you tortuously contort your way out of that in defence of Saint Tommy.

Let's see if we can get this into your apparently tortuously contorted head. I'm not here defending Robinson or anybody else fir that matter. I questioned.

Try looking at the OP again, very hard this time. In the debate business business we call it read and digest.

It basically asks for an answer to a question. Do I need to break it down further for you? If I truly do you're probably not fit to even discuss it far less answer it but here's a hint.

What I said was at it's root I can see little difference in what Robinson says his issue is, a problem with Islamic ideology. And Dawkins or Harris. Harris has called Islam "the motherload of bad ideas" and he too and also Dawkins plus apparently Robinson has been branded racist for this. Which is idiotic.

Here's Bill Maher talking about exactly the same thing. 

You see there are people, you may be one I don't know but have my suspicions. Who simply adopt a popular line with little to no thought put into it and anchor themselves to that line while becoming aggressive about it if anyone dare question it. An intellectual dead end.

So don't give me this ridiculous infantile pish screaming about defending anybody. If you can put words into my mouth I can do the same. Right?

Run along and continue tortuously defending those labelling Dawkins, Harris and Maher racists. 

39 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Let's see if we can get this into your apparently tortuously contorted head. I'm not here defending Robinson or anybody else fir that matter. I questioned.

Try looking at the OP again, very hard this time. In the debate business business we call it read and digest.

It basically asks for an answer to a question. Do I need to break it down further for you? If I truly do you're probably not fit to even discuss it far less answer it but here's a hint.

What I said was at it's root I can see little difference in what Robinson says his issue is, a problem with Islamic ideology. And Dawkins or Harris. Harris has called Islam "the motherload of bad ideas" and he too and also Dawkins plus apparently Robinson has been branded racist for this. Which is idiotic.

Probably best read your own OP again, you asked if anyone could educate you on Tommy Robinson's racism.

That's been done, and your attempts to avoid engaging with it are rather embarrassing.

Strange you didn't engage with what he said in the video I posted.

42 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Run along and continue tortuously defending those labelling Dawkins, Harris and Maher racists. 

You keep posting videos of other people, but Robinson can share other people's views on Islam and be a racist. Your attempts to categorise him alongside those who, as far as I know haven't used verifiably racist terms, do you no favours.

According to the OP, he won't be able to read this, but never mind. I find myself using the quote below more and more.

"Attempts of proof are frequently met with obdurate denials. Take a look at the denial of the tobacco companies regarding the demonstrations that their products caused cancer as an example. It is abundantly clear that deniers will not readily admit their biases until the issue had been so conclusively demonstrated that the deniers have moved to a different topic and then mostly refuse to acknowledge their prior denials.
"I do not plan to waste my time attempting to offer up proof to obdurate deniers. They need to get their act together and find their own evidence. Their denial of bias results in a lack of credibility that they need to deal with. It's really not my problem."

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

You see there are people, you may be one I don't know but have my suspicions. Who simply adopt a popular line with little to no thought put into it and anchor themselves to that line while becoming aggressive about it if anyone dare question it. An intellectual dead end.

So don't give me this ridiculous infantile pish screaming about defending anybody. If you can put words into my mouth I can do the same. Right?

The more you tie yourself in knots trying to defend a racist the more you will appear to agree with his racist views. Maybe time to step away from this thread.

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I see we have an intellectual among us. How blessed we are to be in such esteemed company.

We're on the same side as far as this thread is concerned, as far as I can tell. I don't know that quoting a random user of another messageboard (as I did) is any more pretentious than quoting established authors and journalists (as others have done), but you're obviously entitled to your own opinion.

Just now, Thaw said:

We're on the same side as far as this thread is concerned, as far as I can tell. I don't know that quoting a random user of another messageboard (as I did) is any more pretentious than quoting established authors and journalists (as others have done), but you're obviously entitled to your own opinion.

I don’t believe that was aimed you. 

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I see we have an intellectual among us. How blessed we are to be in such esteemed company.

Not only that, but an intellectual who makes up his own mind based purely on the facts and who came into this debate with a completely open mind about the issue. Blessed indeed.

Салатные палочки

Anyone who changes their name to that of an ex-football hooligan is probably best ignored.  

Edited by Salad Fingers
typo

12 minutes ago, Thaw said:

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I don’t believe that was aimed you. 

Tazio is correct.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Have Dawkins, Harris or Maher ever joined the BNP?

been here before
14 hours ago, Thaw said:

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I think he's quite edgy and enlightening in a sort of 'look at me everyone- I demand attention' way.

Very strange behaviour to come on a public forum to try and defend a racist bellend like Yaxley-Lennon and then openly admit to making racist comments yourself!! 

ah use that wurd aw the time and i dinnae hink its racist so anywun else usin it isnae racist either end of

:vrface:

OP is having an absolute mare.

Jeffros Furios

Lizzie Dearden at the Indepenant saying he received over £425,000 from supporters when he decided to be a freelance journalist . Which he spent on hookers and coke :yas:

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Lizzie Dearden at the Indepenant saying he received over £425,000 from supporters when he decided to be a freelance journalist . Which he spent on hookers and coke :yas:

Lad...🥰