Tommy Robinson

JFK-1

A figure who came to prominence sometime after I left the UK in 2012 so he was never much on my radar until the past few years or so. I have seen him labelled as a racist etc. but didn't research him or his activities until maybe the last 6 months or so. And currently I have been unable to find anything that would validate labeling him a racist.

All I can find him doing is critiquing Islamic ideology, that's not a race. Richard Dawkins does that in pretty much the same vein Tommy Robinson does, as does Bill Maher. Yet neither of those two are called racists which they're patently not. And I can see no difference between them and him.

If anyone can educate me on the racism of Robinson which I currently I have been unable to find that would be appreciated. I never approach a topic looking to have a prior belief validated. That's simply not my mindset. My greatest interest is in facts. I want to know as much that is true as I possibly can while having anything I believe which is mistaken corrected with the actual facts.

I'm going to post a video I have just watched which I found surprising even existed. It's Tommy Robinson speaking at the Oxford union which is one of the most prestigious student societies in the world. The people they invite to speak are typically noted intellectuals or notable people in a specific field. Tommy Robinson doesn't fit the usual profile so as I said I was surprised. I would label him controversial rather than notable.

Surprised but on at least one level proud that the UK would still give someone so controversial a platform at this prestigious student society. It wouldn't happen in the USA where both Dawkins and Maher have been 'de-platformed' after initially being invited to speak at one university or another. Presumably because some students within those universities do not want to hear what they have to say and also presumably because they would be unable to counter what they have to say. They don't want to engage reality.

Here's the video of Tommy Robinson at the Oxford Union along with another video of a question and answer session following his talk. I can't tell if the Q+A is complete because it doesn't end in the usual manner of of these Oxford Union talks followed by questions of which I have seen many. Usually there is a clear end point with the speaker being thanked for coming there.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JFK-1

• Sooperstar

• JudyJudyJudy

niblick1874
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

A figure who came to prominence sometime after I left the UK in 2012 so he was never much on my radar until the past few years or so. I have seen him labelled as a racist etc. but didn't research him or his activities until maybe the last 6 months or so. And currently I have been unable to find anything that would validate labeling him a racist.

All I can find him doing is critiquing Islamic ideology, that's not a race. Richard Dawkins does that in pretty much the same vein Tommy Robinson does, as does Bill Maher. Yet neither of those two are called racists which they're patently not. And I can see no difference between them and him.

If anyone can educate me on the racism of Robinson which I currently I have been unable to find that would be appreciated. I never approach a topic looking to have a prior belief validated. That's simply not my mindset. My greatest interest is in facts. I want to know as much that is true as I possibly can while having anything I believe which is mistaken corrected with the actual facts.

I'm going to post a video I have just watched which I found surprising even existed. It's Tommy Robinson speaking at the Oxford union which is one of the most prestigious student societies in the world. The people they invite to speak are typically noted intellectuals or notable people in a specific field. Tommy Robinson doesn't fit the usual profile so as I said I was surprised. I would label him controversial rather than notable.

Surprised but on at least one level proud that the UK would still give someone so controversial a platform at this prestigious student society. It wouldn't happen in the USA where both Dawkins and Maher have been 'de-platformed' after initially being invited to speak at one university or another. Presumably because some students within those universities do not want to hear what they have to say and also presumably because they would be unable to counter what they have to say. They don't want to engage reality.

Here's the video of Tommy Robinson at the Oxford Union along with another video of a question and answer session following his talk. I can't tell if the Q+A is complete because it doesn't end in the usual manner of of these Oxford Union talks followed by questions of which I have seen many. Usually there is a clear end point with the speaker being thanked for coming there.

I posted his address to Oxford Union on here a while back to show the truth. A couple of posters said they had never seen it and were a tad taken aback. They also figured out they had been mislead by the MSM. As for the MSM pushers and believers, some ignored my post and others posted in the manner you are witnessing here.  

A man of principle. 
Doesn’t use his real name, in fact has several names he uses

Convicted of the assault of a police officer and kicking him in the head

Convicted of football hooliganism

Convicted of entering the USA on someone else’s passport

Convicted of mortgage fraud

Convicted of contempt of court

convicted for drug possession

Four jail terms

Multiple examples of stirring up anti Islamic hatred including lies on social media and at his rallies

The type of barrack room liar that labours under the delusion he’s more intelligent than other people as he weasels his way out of accusations of being anti Muslim. 
One of those people who think people can’t see through their tactics. A good example being when he complained of harassment by Muslim people in the street when he was only doing a sponsored walk for charity. A sponsored walk with his EDL goons that just happened to have a route through a majority Muslim neighbourhood on its loop. It’s like Orange Walks stopping outside catholic chapels and then complaining they’re abused. 

jack D and coke

He’s got a huge telegram group these days. I joined it to see what was being said and posted and he’s still the same only there’s loads of covid hoax type stuff in amongst the normal stuff you’d expect. 
Dunno who runs it for him but they post feckin relentlessly, videos of him and links. 

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The difference between Maher and Dawkins and this welt, is that Dawkins and Maher are equally critical of all religions. When you pick a specific religion, and one that is predominantly populated by dark skinned folks, while ignoring the problems that others have, you leave yourself open to the racist allegations.

Show me a video where he's having a crack at other religions and I'd be less likely to believe he was a racist *****. 

Also in terms of him talking to the Oxford Union and it being somewhere for noted intellectuals I’m not convinced previous speakers like Ron Jeremy, Paul Gascoigne, and Jon Bon Jovi fit that profile.  

Edited by Tazio

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

The difference between Maher and Dawkins and this welt, is that Dawkins and Maher are equally critical of all religions. When you pick a specific religion, and one that is predominantly populated by dark skinned folks, while ignoring the problems that others have, you leave yourself open to the racist allegations.

Show me a video where he's having a crack at other religions and I'd be less likely to believe he was a racist *****. 

This ^^

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Is the correct answer. 

I would imagine if I was brought up or lived in places like Luton/Bradford/Birmingham I would have a massively different opinion or attitude towards Islam and Muslims than I do now. As it stands I have no issue with the religion or the people but when you see footage of them shouting about burning and beheading soldiers and glorying Isis it is fairly disturbing. 

What I do know is that Tommy Robinson and the EDL aren’t the answer. 

The Hogfather

I like when he ignores child grooming by EDL members to focus on child grooming by people with a different skin colour to himself. Make of that what you will.

My opinion is not a court of law. I am happy to form an opinion of people based on what I believe are their underlying views/intentions.

In my opinion Tommy Robinson is a racist prick and so are his supporters.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

A man of principle. 
Doesn’t use his real name, in fact has several names he uses

Convicted of the assault of a police officer and kicking him in the head

Convicted of football hooliganism

Convicted of entering the USA on someone else’s passport

Convicted of mortgage fraud

Convicted of contempt of court

convicted for drug possession

Four jail terms

Multiple examples of stirring up anti Islamic hatred including lies on social media and at his rallies

The type of barrack room liar that labours under the delusion he’s more intelligent than other people as he weasels his way out of accusations of being anti Muslim. 
One of those people who think people can’t see through their tactics. A good example being when he complained of harassment by Muslim people in the street when he was only doing a sponsored walk for charity. A sponsored walk with his EDL goons that just happened to have a route through a majority Muslim neighbourhood on its loop. It’s like Orange Walks stopping outside catholic chapels and then complaining they’re abused. 

Terrific post . Completely summarises him 

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

2468 motorway was quality 

Was one of the tracks they played a lot at the ice skating rink in Aviemore when I stayed there in my teens. The others that spring to mind are "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" and "I lost my heart to a starship trooper". Happy memories.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

2468 motorway was quality 

20 hours ago, Norm said:

In my original post I requested evidence that Tommy Robinson merits the label racist, I spoke of facts. You're bringing nothing to enlighten me. You're bringing no facts to back up your claims.

As for Dawkins and Maher I feel I know more about both of them than you do. While both are critical of religion in general that's from an atheist point of view. They see no purpose for any religion in modern Western societies.

But here's an actual fact about both. They both single out Islam as a far greater threat than for example Christianity or any other religion for that matter. And that's what gets them de-platformed at US universities. Not the fact they're atheists who deride all religions.

As for this further claim of Robinson singling out a religion most populated by dark skinned people that's illogical. Christians are 49% of the population of Africa which is a continent with 1.2 billion people. (Christianity in Africa) The bulk of Christians in the entire world are non European.

Is everyone who has problems with Islam racist? Is Sam Harris racist? His views are no different from Tommy Robinsons.

Harris: Islam is "mother lode" of bad ideas

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

In my original post I requested evidence that Tommy Robinson merits the label racist, I spoke of facts. You're bringing nothing to enlighten me. You're bringing no facts to back up your claims.

As for Dawkins and Maher I feel I know more about both of them than you do. While both are critical of religion in general that's from an atheist point of view. They see no purpose for any religion in modern Western societies.

But here's an actual fact about both. They both single out Islam as a far greater threat than for example Christianity or any other religion for that matter. And that's what gets them de-platformed at US universities. Not the fact they're atheists who deride all religions.

As for this further claim of Robinson singling out a religion most populated by dark skinned people that's illogical. Christians are 49% of the population of Africa which is a continent with 1.2 billion people. (Christianity in Africa) The bulk of Christians in the entire world are non European.

Is everyone who has problems with Islam racist? Is Sam Harris racist? His views are no different from Tommy Robinsons.

Did you see the footage posted by fancy a brew? 

Still think he's not racist? Makes several remarks regarding nationalities, all predominantly black, without any mention of Islam. 

And again, Harris is critical of all religions. He, Maher and Dawkins are anti religious. Yes, they focus on Islam just now because it's clearly a bigger threat to "western" values. But they're still happy to have a pop at any religion. Lennon picks Islam, and only Islam, to have a pop at. 

I wonder why? 

Edited by Norm

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Did you see the footage posted by fancy a brew? 

Still think he's not racist? Makes several remarks regarding nationalities, all predominantly black, without any mention of Islam. 

And again, Harris is critical of all religions. He, Maher and Dawkins are anti religious. Yes, they focus on Islam just now because it's clearly a bigger threat to "western" values. But they're still happy to have a pop at any religion. Lennon picks Islam, and only Islam, to have a pop at. 

I wonder why? 

Honest not a loaded question here bud. Ever been to Luton? I think it’s fairly clear why he’s singled out Islam. 
The thing with TR is he’s been caught saying things he shouldn’t have when there is a very real problem in some of these English towns. Not just England btw. 

Lone Striker
44 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Aren't you missing the point a bit ?   It would be tricky to "prove" that Trump is a racist too.   

But you can get a fair idea of Robinson's  character  by looking at his  "record"  (see @Tazio summary, and there's a decent chronological list of convictions  on his Wiki page too).   Have a look  at photos online to see the sort of people who seem to surround him at demos and meetings.  Textbook thugs - all white, 90%  male - probably  all looking for someone to  "follow".    Which indicates that Robinson probably  needs  gullible low-lifes to feel important and relevant.    

His version of the Proud Boys.

That photo of him looking  like a cuddly Michael Buble on the Oxford Debating Union photo gives a false impression.

Ask yourself why he would try to  hijack our McCraes Battalion memorial, then wear a Hearts top on a video "message" to Hearts fans.      Utterly sickening.   Whether he's a racist or not is irrelevant.     

Edited by Lone Striker

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

In my original post I requested evidence that Tommy Robinson merits the label racist,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6699677/Tommy-Robinson-makes-racist-slur-brags-buying-drugs-drunken-video.html

Literally the first link that appeared when I searched  'Tommy Robinson racist comments'.

Surprised you've not been able to locate it yourself.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

What do you think of Islam. You seem to be a bit defensive about folk who criticise it. So come on, tell us. 

Tommy Robinson would have people believe that his hatred of Muslims has no association with race. This is echoed by his followers who spend their days on social media furiously texting the same phrase over and over again: “Show us proof that Tommy is a racist. Show us one racist thing he has said.”

https://resistinghate.org/yes-tommy-robinson-you-are-a-racist/

:look:

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Tommy Robinson would have people believe that his hatred of Muslims has no association with race. This is echoed by his followers who spend their days on social media furiously texting the same phrase over and over again: “Show us proof that Tommy is a racist. Show us one racist thing he has said.”

https://resistinghate.org/yes-tommy-robinson-you-are-a-racist/

:look:

Great article. 

So Tommy joined the BNP, calls folk p@ki and says Somalians are all barbarians. Nah, definitely not a racist. 

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Honest not a loaded question here bud. Ever been to Luton? I think it’s fairly clear why he’s singled out Islam. 

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. What's the problem with the Muslim population in Luton? 

I lived in Stepney Green for 7 years and I can't say I could see any real issues with the Muslim community there at all. Very friendly mostly. Tower Hamlets has pretty much a 50% Muslim population compared with Luton's 25%.

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The thing with TR is he’s been caught saying things he shouldn’t have when there is a very real problem in some of these English towns. Not just England btw. 

That doesn't read very well. A bit "I'd be racist if I had to live next to loads of Muslims too."

21 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I visited Birmingham for a week. I had a mate who moved down there in 98 so me and another pal went to stay with him for the 1st week of the World Cup. Had a great time. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Planning on actually engaging with responses on the thread you started @JFK-1

Seems he's not actually asking, more saying that he isn't

Edited by Smithee