Not celebrating the league

Tom Hardy’s Dug

8 minutes ago, kila said:

I’ll celebrate the fact our entire season in the lower league has had no fans so everything those shitty clubs voted for didn’t happen. 

To bounce straight back up without suffering financially (largely thanks to FoH and gov grant) while giving Inverness a payday is a proper FU to those clubs.

And in all honesty, we’ve probably benefitted from being a league below during all this. That’ll be the hardest realisation for the rest. 

Benefitted in what way?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot

Is it OK to celebrate goals or wins in this division? 

Is it acceptable to even watch us? 

Can we only celebrate good goals, bit not shit ones? 

Only celebrate Big wins? 

Here was me enjoying winning most games and scoring goals, what's the point tho? 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, kila said:

I’ll celebrate the fact our entire season in the lower league has had no fans so everything those shitty clubs voted for didn’t happen. 

To bounce straight back up without suffering financially (largely thanks to FoH and gov grant) while giving Inverness a payday is a proper FU to those clubs.

And in all honesty, we’ve probably benefitted from being a league below during all this. That’ll be the hardest realisation for the rest. 

Your last paragraph has an element of truth in it. 

Strange it worked out like that 

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Benefitted in what way?

Well we got a £500k grant instead of a £1.2m loan. And given the changes with Sporting Director, CEO and manager in the last year, being in a lower league that we were highly likely to win has allowed them more time to bed in. 

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Well we got a £500k grant instead of a £1.2m loan. And given the changes with Sporting Director, CEO and manager in the last year, being in a lower league that we were highly likely to win has allowed them more time to bed in. 

I’ll give you that one, but that is the only benefit I can see. In fact I’d go as far as to say that we have wasted an opportunity to either try some youngsters out or bring in youth that can compete for a place in the first team squad. We should have been significantly improving the squad for our return to the Premiership and developing an effective playing style that can get results, and ensure supporters are actually awake by the end of the game.

Different strokes though.

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only celebrate Big wins? 

Here was me enjoying winning most games and scoring goals, what's the point tho? 

Enjoying winning most games and scoring goals......... in the Championship? A piss poor Championship at that. 

:cornette:

I suppose you’ll be quite excited at the prospect of getting relegated from the Premiership next year so we can do it all over again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Only celebrate Big wins? 

No one said that though. As usual, an awful strawman argument.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, kila said:

Fair point that. Certainly financially we probably have saved money by being demoted when you consider the grant we were given.  We haven't had to carry out Covid testing as frequently as well.  The TV deal is so shit anyway for the Premiership.  And a huge chunk had to be paid back for the incomplete season. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Enjoying winning most games and scoring goals......... in the Championship? A piss poor Championship at that. 

:cornette:

I suppose you’ll be quite excited at the prospect of getting relegated from the Premiership next year so we can do it all over again.

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one said that though. As usual, an awful strawman argument.

...... 👆

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Fair point that. Certainly financially we probably have saved money by being demoted when you consider the grant we were given.  We haven't had to carry out Covid testing as frequently as well.  The TV deal is so shit anyway for the Premiership.  And a huge chunk had to be paid back for the incomplete season. 

We'd also had to sign more players and get rid of more. 

We have a good amount of players out of contract this season, so we can replace organically. 

Still absolute horse shit being demoted, but if you had to pick a season to be ****ed, it would be this one. 

What usually happens with being awarded the title?  Some prick or other comes to Tynie once its sealed?

But do you also get the flag raising thing on 1st day of season back in Prem?

I would absolutely love someone from SPFL come to Tynecastle first day back to try and present us with something.  I'd hope for disdain from our players and coaches, and the entire stadium - full again - to turn their backs and boo.

I'll never forget what was done to us.

The SFA and SPFL somehow survived all of that and are still making a mockery of our game.  It's like Stockholm syndrome but I hope that we, Partick and a couple more have at least woken up.

Don't know about others, but I didn't really celebrate 14/15 either. I clapped as we got the trophy, happy with what we'd achieved and in the cirumstanced we'd achieved it, but it was over and as enjoyable as that season was, I was relieved it was.

I'll be happy when this season is over with, and happy with promotion. But definitely not worthy of celebrations.

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What usually happens with being awarded the title?  Some prick or other comes to Tynie once its sealed?

I would absolutely love someone from SPFL come to Tynecastle first day back to try and present us with something.  I'd hope for disdain from our players and coaches, and the entire stadium - full again - to turn their backs and boo.

The SFA and SPFL somehow survived all of that and are still making a mockery of our game.  It's like Stockholm syndrome but I hope that we, Partick and a couple more have at least woken up.

Honestly looking back, I can't really remember. I think we did do the whole flag unfurling shite last time but I can't recall if Doncaster or that came along.

10 minutes ago, Locky said:

Honestly looking back, I can't really remember. I think we did do the whole flag unfurling shite last time but I can't recall if Doncaster or that came along.

You wonder if it is the usual - I'd guess it is when I think about it - if they'd have the nuts or sheer brass neck to show their face.

Got to think Doncaster would never dawn our door again if he could help it.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ian Blair pitched up last time to award trophy.

Screenshot_20210308-105253_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ian Blair pitched up last time to award trophy.

Screenshot_20210308-105253_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thats during the Champ Season.  You'd hope the player judge the mood enough to give whoever shows up short shrift.

The interesting one is the first day of next season at Tynecastle.  SPFL rep that day???  With all the fans back....

I really hope so.  Would love that poison.

ToadKiller Dog

I doubt I will go on a weekend long piss up .

But I'm not that much up my own arse to just disregard promotion totaly as a non event  .

While the squad may not be world beaters or Robbie a new Cloughie ,they have worked to get us back up .

So a dignified celebration and a wee bit of up yours to the spfl should do .

But the real up yours starts next season back in the premiership. 

heartsfc_fan
27 minutes ago, Locky said:

Don't know about others, but I didn't really celebrate 14/15 either. I clapped as we got the trophy, happy with what we'd achieved and in the cirumstanced we'd achieved it, but it was over and as enjoyable as that season was, I was relieved it was.

I'll be happy when this season is over with, and happy with promotion. But definitely not worthy of celebrations.

14/15 was a good achievement given we'd just come out of admin and comfortably won the league with Rangers and Hibs in it.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, kila said:

Just been an expensive wee trip that's all, it's showed us who is and isn't capable when we get up, let's hope  this never happens again, and that fans are back in full force for August at latest.🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

14/15 was a good achievement given we'd just come out of admin and comfortably won the league with Rangers and Hibs in it.

It sure was, but I still couldn't bring myself to 'celebrate' it. It was a hell of an enjoyable season, but as I said, I was sort of glad it was over, hoping to never have to experience Hearts in the 2nd tier ever again. That went well eh? :lol:

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thats during the Champ Season.  You'd hope the player judge the mood enough to give whoever shows up short shrift.

The interesting one is the first day of next season at Tynecastle.  SPFL rep that day???  With all the fans back....

I really hope so.  Would love that poison.

Go to 19.35 if you want to puke up.

We played on the Sunday and Celtic the Saturday so he could do both.

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Although I know what you mean, the crowd seemed happy enough. I was. Mind you, can you imagine the BOOOs if he had the temerity to turn up next season? Not a bad line-up though.

20210308_111942.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeah let's do that again.

Very different announcements from Scott, very different atmosphere all round.

Banners re Spfl and Doncaster and every person with backs turned either in total silence or loud booing.

Then the game starts and we keep that poison with us for the whole season

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Although I know what you mean, the crowd seemed happy enough. I was. Mind you, can you imagine the BOOOs if he had the temerity to turn up next season? Not a bad line-up though.

20210308_111942.jpg

I'd forgotten all about Rossi, I really liked him.

We'd also had to sign more players and get rid of more. 

We have a good amount of players out of contract this season, so we can replace organically. 

Still absolute horse shit being demoted, but if you had to pick a season to be ****ed, it would be this one. 

Never heard of players being replaced organically, you learn something every day on here.......

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Completely different feeling around the club at that point. The booing for Doncaster would be much worse this time, unlikely to be at a full stadium though unfortunately if he dared show his fsce. 

Will see how I feel on the day if we do.

Wont be going ape just a relief it's over, then start to worry re next season!

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

The tv deal is shit but we are on more this season than ever.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, benny said:

The tv deal is shit but we are on more this season than ever.

Made our ‘boycott’ so much easier. 😄

Tokyo Drifter
On 07/03/2021 at 09:19, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Something for discussion.

we had to do what we are doing this season. We aren’t doing it as crushingly as we would have liked. But we didn’t want to be and shouldn’t have been here.

Our last time in the championship was euphoric (relatively speaking) - we had nearly gone bust; we wasted Rangers and Hibs; we had started from ground zero and were given the chance to build from scratch which we didn’t have this season.

As I see it this season was functional with one aim. I get no satisfaction worthy of celebration from what will be our promotion.

My view is, and I would suggest, that as fans we don’t do anything daft or embarrassing in the current environment about overtly celebrating winning this shitey league on the streets.

This season should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

We got out a shite league we shouldn’t have been in. We have done enough without being brilliant.

I hope the fans and the club treat the league victory with the disdain it deserves. I also hope we don’t lower ourselves to to the COVID-riddled standards of those scumbags in Glasgow (from both sides).

If it was me I’d be boycotting the trophy handover shit that happens either at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

We are bigger and better than celebrating the league this season IMO.

I agree with every word of that.

Batistuta87
16 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Could have a "we took our medicine..and spat it in yer face"20/21 tour, t-shirts and mugs😂🇱🇻

I'd maybe buy a mug 😂

credit card

Maybe a celebratory GIRUY dog turd sent to Doncaster from all might be the way to pay homage to an underwhelming but on target season.

credit card
11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ll give you that one, but that is the only benefit I can see. In fact I’d go as far as to say that we have wasted an opportunity to either try some youngsters out or bring in youth that can compete for a place in the first team squad. We should have been significantly improving the squad for our return to the Premiership and developing an effective playing style that can get results, and ensure supporters are actually awake by the end of the game.

Spot on

Allowayjambo1874

My fear is that even by winning the league the ready made excuse is there next season for aiming low. I’m sure the target will be for consolidation and that top 6 will be seen as success. So another season without European football will be tolerated and even accepted by most. Hope I am wrong, given previous seasons though I doubt it. 

11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This 100%. 

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Agree with this. 

I think we've over spent slightly bringing in some players rather than giving some young guys a chance. For example, Popescu will be earning a lot more money then Petkov was - who I think we should have given a chance (incidentally he's now a regular starter for Levski Sofia, so he's obviously an alright player); we could have played Moore or Mcdonald instead of spending money on Frear and Roberts... Maybe we could have saved money by having Stone as our sub keeper rather than Stewart. Again I'm pleased we've got these guys, but just feel a bit like we would probably still be sitting top of the league with the young lads. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with this. 

I think we've over spent slightly bringing in some players rather than giving some young guys a chance. For example, Popescu will be earning a lot more money then Petkov was - who I think we should have given a chance (incidentally he's now a regular starter for Levski Sofia, so he's obviously an alright player); we could have played Moore or Mcdonald instead of spending money on Frear and Roberts... Maybe we could have saved money by having Stone as our sub keeper rather than Stewart. Again I'm pleased we've got these guys, but just feel a bit like we would probably still be sitting top of the league with the young lads. 

Agree, with the added bonus the odd couple might've really seized their chance and gave us actual assets rather than bit part journeymen

Going by Facebook the minority are already falling over themselves to defend rangers fans.

The 'young team' are gearing up for a piss up.

Hope majority of fans will stay back for the reasons already covered in this thread. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah let's do that again.

Very different announcements from Scott, very different atmosphere all round.

Banners re Spfl and Doncaster and every person with backs turned either in total silence or loud booing.

Then the game starts and we keep that poison with us for the whole season

Aye all good doing that, but what will we do extra for Doncaster et Al? 

Heart of Darkness
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with this. 

Always thought that Petkov was a strange one as I always heard good things about him, then boom! he's gone. 🤷‍♂️

Will just be glad it done and dusted,  then will look forward to a full squad overhaul before our assault on the premier league .

Its fair to say that I wasn't expecting the absolute drivel that I have watched this season. I thought it was an opportunity to start a proper rebuild ............... got that wrong  

3 hours ago, fila said:

Will just be glad it done and dusted,  then will look forward to a full squad overhaul before our assault on the premier league .

Its fair to say that I wasn't expecting the absolute drivel that I have watched this season. I thought it was an opportunity to start a proper rebuild ............... got that wrong  

Don't think the squad is far off tbf.

Add Souttar and Haring (or replacements for both if unfortunately they can't be relied on) and another with pace (again Gino if fit) and we should be dominating almost every team we face.

Being coached and instructed to do so is what's interesting to see...

Batistuta87
20 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Always thought that Petkov was a strange one as I always heard good things about him, then boom! he's gone. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I watched the Reserves a fair bit before Covid and he always looked like one of the better players - certainly one who looked like they had the potential to step up. He'd been talked up throughout his entire time at Hearts so I was also really surprised when he was released.

Maybe he wanted to go home though. Still a young laddie despite having spent 3-4 years with us.

Broxburn Jambo

I am struggling with this thread.

Some sound like they are hoping we won't get promoted.

I will have a drink to celebrate us going back to where we belong, my toast will be the same as it has always been since I have been drinking ''**** THE HIBS.

Do some people have a real problem with Heart of Midlothian winning ??

23 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Going by Facebook the minority are already falling over themselves to defend rangers fans.

The 'young team' are gearing up for a piss up.

Hope majority of fans will stay back for the reasons already covered in this thread. 

Oh well, if the ‘Facebook guys’ think it’s ok, then it must be ok.

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I watched the Reserves a fair bit before Covid and he always looked like one of the better players - certainly one who looked like they had the potential to step up. He'd been talked up throughout his entire time at Hearts so I was also really surprised when he was released.

Maybe he wanted to go home though. Still a young laddie despite having spent 3-4 years with us.

Yeah you are probably right. If he thought that he wasn't going to get 1st team action anytime soon, what was the point of hanging around when he could get home and get game time. 👍

1 hour ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

I am struggling with this thread.

Some sound like they are hoping we won't get promoted.

I will have a drink to celebrate us going back to where we belong, my toast will be the same as it has always been since I have been drinking ''**** THE HIBS.

Do some people have a real problem with Heart of Midlothian winning ??

I'll have a couple to celebrate but it's not a line the streets type party atmosphere. Just glad we managed to get back up first time of asking. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 08/03/2021 at 11:38, Lfhearts said:

Never heard of players being replaced organically, you learn something every day on here.......

Yes, we'll be replacing our genetically modified players with ones grown in shit. :P