Popescu

comradejambo

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He actually might be worth giving a try in a midfield role rather than at CB.

He likes to go forward with the ball and could win a fair bit in the air as well.

Might be worth a try.

Wow. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diego10

• Shaggy2

• queensferryjambo

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He actually might be worth giving a try in a midfield role rather than at CB.

He likes to go forward with the ball and could win a fair bit in the air as well.

Might be worth a try.

:getout:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Red Card Ref said:

We have suffered inadequate players at this club for years now. Berra and Poppa will not be missed when they leave. Probably the same goes for Halkett. Although he is a safer bet than the other two, he still doesn't offer enough. Time will tell if Souttar can fill his potential. I have my doubts.

I would love to see a new centre back pairing for next season, fighting it out with Soapy for game time. I also feel cheated I'll not get to see young Chris Hamilton at CB for us. Heard good reports on him. 

We 100% will have a new CB pairing. Depending on who we can bring in, Popescu and Berra the two most likely to leave. Our defending in terms of errors over the last 2 seasons or so has been the worst I can remember. Every time it looked like we were becoming more solid someone got injured, one or more of Halkett, Berra or Souttar. It's hard to remember now but the Halkett-Souttar partnership was looking solid, as was the Berra-Souttar partnership before that. On top of that, the defence has had zero protection from midfield since Haring got injured, and with our LB problems we were often one defender down until Hickey emerged.

It's disappointing to still see the costly mistakes this season, whether it's down to concentration as we have so much of the ball or whatever it is. A solid partnership (Souttar and Halkett or one of them with a new dominant CB) with good FBs either side and a good DM should drastically improve our defending for next season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

iwasthere1954
20 hours ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

😂 Funnily enough I said something similar to a mate. Prone to a howler now and again but also had his good games. Played at a good level, Gordon will know him and much better than Popescu or Halkett. I’d argue Celtic fans would have had him in the team 99 times out of a hundred than Duffy - turns out letting Simunovic go and getting Duffy in was catastrophic. 🥳

Wage wise I think he would be out of our league. Most Celtic players are on at least 10 grand a week. I really don't think we will have many big deals in this window taking into account an anticipated loss of several millions.

On 09/03/2021 at 08:53, DG_HMFC said:

He's more than good enough to play in the SPFL Championship, L1 and L2. 

He'll get torn a new one playing in the SPFL Premiership, though.

That’s how I feel.  We need an upgrade for next year.