• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diego10

• Shaggy2

• queensferryjambo

• Bazzas right boot

Yup ... hopeless at the back and waste of a man when we have a corner ... I know people think CB finished but I’d have him every time compared to that @rsehole.

I think we will get a whole lot better when we start playing games with centre halves because these two are most definitely not!

8 minutes ago, Arry said:

Yup ... hopeless at the back and waste of a man when we have a corner ... I know people think CB finished but I’d have him every time compared to that @rsehole.

Next time anyone wants to see CB in a Hearts jersey is his farewell testimonial....was finished last season, god help us he plays again

Holyrood_Hearts
8 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Better than Halkett just has poor decision making

No he’s not. Be serious son

Kirky Jambo

His error for the penalty was almost as bad as GMS miss.

Halkett has gone to pieces too. Wtf was he doing just before McMullans dive!? 

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Popescu is better in the air. Better on the ball. Quicker. Better positioning 

Just does stupid things at important times.  He’s a David Luiz type

Halkett has made plenty mistakes last 18 months. 

The goal against Motherwell just before lockdown was just as bad as Popescus today

Edited by R1874

Billy Hoyle

Binned at the end of the season please. Will cost us 10-15 points in the Premier with brain farts decisions. 

Does some good things, but you're just waiting for him to make a complete **** up and cause us a major problem. Just can't be confident in him, and I'm sure his team mates feel the same. Can't see a better option at the moment, so we limp on defensively, but can't see him playing in the Premiership if we go up.

Played well until conceding the penalty.  We are so nervous at the back when out under pressure but at least we gotten points.

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

New Centre back is an absolute must next season. 

Jason Kerr at St.Johnstone would be my pick, would cost us money, but that’s where we are, no more gambles with Bosmans who don’t know the league, Kerr would definitely hit the ground running next season 

been here before

He's an adventure.

Cracking tackle in the box early first half, very well timed.

Then that in the 2nd.

Edited by been here before

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I tried to point this out when he signed but people got upset. Apparently being part of a woeful St Mirren defence didn’t count because he missed some of the season.

Supporters of the club he came from were pissing themselves laughing when he signed 

Actually thought he had a decent game overall but that one moment of madness ensured a nervy last half hour. You can get away with that in this league. We won't in the top flight. Don't like him and Halkett as a pairing. Two new centre backs are a priority for next season.

18 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Popescu is better in the air. Better on the ball. Quicker. Better positioning 

Just does stupid things at important times.  He’s a David Luiz type

Halkett has made plenty mistakes last 18 months. 

The goal against Motherwell just before lockdown was just as bad as Popescus today

Are you real life?

8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Jason Kerr at St.Johnstone would be my pick, would cost us money, but that’s where we are, no more gambles with Bosmans who don’t know the league, Kerr would definitely hit the ground running next season 

St J.. knocked back £200k from Barnsley a couple of years ago. Would cost a bit for us to get him but we'll worth it. Word is he'll go to Hibs........

Voice of reason

He wasn’t that bad today. If you took away the penalty tackle he was decent. Too many bombs are moments for him to be a first choice starter in the premiership though.

He is a nightmare and no way can we extend his contract. In fact we will need 2 more CBs for next year as Halkett is nowhere near good enough either. Haring or Berra need to be used instead of Popescu for the remainder of the season before this idiot causes any more problems as he scares the life out of his team mates every game. He is right up there as one of the worst players ever to pull on a maroon jersey. He really is appalling

queensferryjambo
33 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Worst regular CB since Petric and James..... a disaster waiting to happen in most matches!

IMO he is better than Halkett (not hard I know). We were leaking goals like a sieve before Berra got injured and let Popescu back in. Believe it or not we have only had clean sheets in the league when Popescu has played.

He was having a decent game up until the penalty.

It was a really stupid challenge today though and it definitely changed the game, although I would say that GMS 2 misses would have finished the game and we wouldn't even be talking about the penalty and Popescu had he scored. 

3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

He wasn’t that bad today. If you took away the penalty tackle he was decent. Too many bombs are moments for him to be a first choice starter in the premiership though.

I agree. He’s really not that bad but this ‘mistake in a game’ thing is not good.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Yes, true. Makes some bad decisions but wins the balls into the box and can step forward into midfield. He puts in effort unlike Halkett who seems to want to stroll about.  He has to improve if he is to play next season.

Feel a bit sorry for him - due to the amount of times he clears the ball.

37 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Worst regular CB since Petric and James..... a disaster waiting to happen in most matches!

Why do people guve Petric a hard time. Have a review of the season and a half that Petric played for us. We lost when he wasn't playing. He may not have had the most finesse but he was effective. 

6 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Apart from the Davie McPherson type runs except he loses possession and is left out of position.   He’s shit ...

queensferryjambo
30 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Halkett is one of the main reasons we are in this shitty league and can only attract crap players at the level of Popescu. 

Halkett and Pereira gave me nightmares last season - Halkett still does.

6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

IMO he is better than Halkett (not hard I know). We were leaking goals like a sieve before Berra got injured and let Popescu back in. Believe it or not we have only had clean sheets in the league when Popescu has played.

He was having a decent game up until the penalty.

It was a really stupid challenge today though and it definitely changed the game, although I would say that GMS 2 misses would have finished the game and we wouldn't even be talking about the penalty and Popescu had he scored. 

Agreed but he is too prone to bomb scare lapses. 

Don’t know what has happened to Halkett. Used to be solid at the back and a threat up-front. 

We nearly messed it up today.

He’s not that bad. Strong in the tackle, aggressive in the air. Sometimes too aggressive. His decision making is terrible - which was shown at the penalty today. Also the penalty in the Semi Final.

He’s not good enough for Hearts but certainly not one of the worst I’ve seen.

He was only ever going to be here for one season as far as i'm concerned. 

When he started the season, even though he was played on the wrong side of the defence, him and Halkett didn't concede too many goals. Popescu then gets dropped, Berra comes back in and we start leaking goals left, right and centre. Popescu has now been back for about 5 or 6 games now, playing on his natural side and we've stopped conceding as many goals again. While he's not going to cut it in the Premier League, i'd still rather have him in and conceding fewer goals than Berra any-day. Both should be away next season.

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Agreed but he is too prone to bomb scare lapses. 

Don’t know what has happened to Halkett. Used to be solid at the back and a threat up-front. 

We nearly messed it up today.

Halkett was never that solid at the back, The only thing that got him off the hook at Hearts was he tended to pop up with the odd late goal which always endears a player to the fans.

Halkett is an honest trier I don't dislike him as a guy at all. I do think he gives his all but he is too slow and as you said prone to a clanger.

File under Dikamona, will be fine in most games but will cost goals. Prefer to Berra. But hopefully our summer involves investment in CB.

CloustonHMFC

I find myself banging my head off a wall with him. Makes some great challenges, like the first half today, brings the ball down and takes it out of defence very well but then has far too many 'moments'

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

His decision making is terrible - which was shown at the penalty today. Also the penalty in the Semi Final.

He’s not good enough for Hearts but certainly not one of the worst I’ve seen.

The penalty in the semi final was a dive but Popescu put himself in the position that allowed that Hibs cheat to con the ref.

Which backs up exactly what you are saying about his decision making being poor.

Just felt the need for a bit of anti-Hibs sentiment in the thread :)

22games nro

Thought he was doing ok. But like EVERYONE ELSE we knew that a bombscare moment was coming, he’s the same in almost every other match , even though he can be playing decent when the ball comes to him or he starts one of his runs you just get that feeeling in the bottom of your stomach ☹️

He will look comfortable on the ball coming forward one minute then concede a daft pen the next

Decision making is awful and that’s 75% of what makes a good CB

Not sure I could think of a worse centre half pairing in my 40 years of following Hearts. Just as well we are playing crap opposition at the moment. Any decent forward line and anyone with pace can rip though them.  Both need replaced for next season.