debt question

jamboscott

jamboscott

so we are 36 mill in debt and 12 mill will be wiped out. i'm just confused when will players sales/craig gordon money show on the books? surely the 8 million(so far) we have received for him has not already be used to reduced the debt

Ryan Gosling
so we are 36 mill in debt and 12 mill will be wiped out. i'm just confused when will players sales/craig gordon money show on the books? surely the 8 million(so far) we have received for him has not already be used to reduced the debt

In next year's accounts, it will show ?12m was wiped off, plus ?8m-ish for Craig and ?2.3m for Bednar, plus the losses for that year.

brellierlegend
In next year's accounts, it will show ?12m was wiped off, plus ?8m-ish for Craig and ?2.3m for Bednar, plus the losses for that year.

So that makes the debt 13.7 million plus the expenses of this coming years wage bill and any transfer fees paid then?

Guest JamboRobbo
So that makes the debt 13.7 million plus the expenses of this coming years wage bill and any transfer fees paid then?

Yep. So prob somewhere around the 21-22M mark.

Ryan Gosling

Indeed.

brellierlegend

So you think we will make losses of 8 or 9 million this season? Surely not. I expect us to make losses but with a clear reduction in the wage bill (Tall, Pinilla and maybe Nade) I think they will be less than that as I do not see us replacing them with players on such wages.

Ryan Gosling
So you think we will make losses of 8 or 9 million this season? Surely not. I expect us to make losses but with a clear reduction in the wage bill (Tall, Pinilla and maybe Nade) I think they will be less than that as I do not see us replacing them with players on such wages.

Those wage reductions won't show until the following year.

The Future's Maroon
Which is around the figure before Vlad stepped in? So in three years our debt rose by a massive amount, only to be cancelled out by a massive amount?! :wacko:

Its great we seem to be lowering the debt for the time being but we wont sell a CG every season tho which has to be taken into account.

Then, there is this new ?51m stand to be built?

Guest JamboRobbo

It's all a year behind mate. So I think we lost 8 or 9 million last season, yes.....(cancelled out by CG and Bednar money).

jambo-rocker

yeah, probably also including the interest of the debt as well, 35 milllion of debt would probably mean quite alot of interest as well

siegementality
Which is around the figure before Vlad stepped in? So in three years our debt rose by a massive amount, only to be cancelled out by a massive amount?! :wacko:

Its great we seem to be lowering the debt for the time being but we wont sell a CG every season tho which has to be taken into account.

Then, there is this new ?51m stand to be built?

We have a winner! We have hee haw to show for the CG money, Romanknob has blown it all, and on what, since the sale of Gordon what have Hearts achieved?.

I would be suprised but not shocked if we lost ?5m+ over this trading year. You can never tell with Hearts but just looking at the players that will not be included in the next set of accounts makes some reading.

From July 06 - Aug 07 we lost the following wage earners;

Fyssas

Janky

Pressley

Hartley

Brellier

Gordon

I reckon that is approx ?2.5-?3m in wages. :eek:

Obviously lack of Euro football will hit but it's just a stab in the dark.

LarrysRightFoot

So what will next years accounts show?

They way I have it in my head is - we are ?37m in debt. The equity scheme will reduce it by ?12m, so thats ?25m.

Now also to take away from that ?25m is the ?9m for Gordon. The ?2.3 from Bednar. The ?1.1m for Hartley (or was his fee in the last accounts?). Added to at least ?1.5m per annum for those 3's wages alone. So to my mind that makes the debt roughly ?10.2m. I understand interest on the loan will be high but we have still taken another reduced the wage bill by at least another ?1.5m by getting rid of Tall, Pinilla, Pospisil and Goncalves.

The Future's Maroon
We have a winner! We have hee haw to show for the CG money, Romanknob has blown it all, and on what, since the sale of Gordon what have Hearts achieved?.
I am a winner am I....would you like to explain what you mean by that comment?

The CG money - hee haw to show for it? How about when the next finacial figures are released they will show? What, did you expect Vlad to get in approx ?8m and spend it on new players....say three/four players, their transfer fee's, signing on bonuses and their wages?:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
I am a winner am I....would you like to explain what you mean by that comment?

The CG money - hee haw to show for it? How about when the next finacial figures are released they will show? What, did you expect Vlad to get in approx ?8m and spend it on new players....say three/four players, their transfer fee's, signing on bonuses and their wages?:rolleyes:

He is clutching at straws mate, you can tell he is gutted at any good news coming from Tynie:)

Jam Tarts 1874

Why are there so many Hearts fans who don't keep up?

Hearts fiscal year ends on 31st July every year, Gordon was sold after the date of the last accounts i.e. accounting period ended 31.7.07. and Gordon and Bednar sold after that date. The next accounting period ends 31.7.08., however it will be February 2009 before these accounts are in the public domain.

You can get a PDF copy of Hearts' accounts from the Companies House website, it will only cost you ?1 (and no, the ?1 does not go straight to Romanov!!!)

Archived