Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

The same could be said for supporters of every club in the UK. 

Doesn’t mean standards should be allowed to drop as low as they have. 

Not seen any signs of standard's dropping that I haven't seen elsewhere tbh.

Very difficult for professional players to get motivated with no crowd, especially when you pissing the league. 

I've got nothing but admiration for the club currently, especially the players and coaching staff who are doing exceptionally well in really trying times. It must be incredibly difficult to keep everyone in good spirits on a daily basis .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Very difficult for professional players to get motivated with no crowd, especially when you pissing the league. 

I've got nothing but admiration for the club currently, especially the players and coaching staff who are doing exceptionally well in really trying times. It must be incredibly difficult to keep everyone in good spirits on a daily basis .

I appreciate the difficulty they gave but I also hope they appreciate how lucky they are to be still working and able to carry out their job. 

That applies to every football or elite athlete, by the way. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I appreciate the difficulty they gave but I also hope they appreciate how lucky they are to be still working and able to carry out their job. 

That applies to every football or elite athlete, by the way. 

Are they on full pay as a matter of interest?

16 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

More concerning is the poster 'likes' the way Nheilson wants to play .

The h stuff in his name is awful patter. 

The Grim Reaper
18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I disagree, I don’t see the same lack of motivation and application in other games I watch. 

Agreed times are tough at the moment but no tougher for well paid professional footballers than your average Joe. 

1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I disagree, I don’t see the same lack of motivation and application in other games I watch. 

Agreed times are tough at the moment but no tougher for well paid professional footballers than your average Joe. 

Are the players on full wage then ?

Bazzas right boot

So Over 80% of folk on here want Robbie to stay at leat until this season has ended. 

Hopefully the empty vessels screaming for his head now acknowledge this and stop repeating the same shite every week and put thier grievances on hold until the summer. 

That would be the adult thing to do. 

Or will the 18% continue clogging up the board with the same shite for the next few months? 🤔

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So Over 80% of folk on here want Robbie to stay at leat until this season has ended. 

Hopefully the empty vessels screaming for his head now acknowledge this and stop repeating the same shite every week and put thier grievances on hold until the summer. 

Or will the 18% continue clogging up the board with the same shite for the next few months? 🤔

He might as well stay until the summer seeing as how we’re going up anyway. It was last summer when we should have appointed anyone else.

”Put grievances on hold until the summer” - funny because when it comes to the summer, you’ll continue denying any issues regardless.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He might as well stay until the summer seeing as how we’re going up anyway. It was last summer when we should have appointed anyone else.

”Put grievances on hold until the summer” - funny because when it comes to the summer, you’ll continue denying any issues regardless.

Yep. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don't deny issues, pointed out many. 

Folk just choose to ignore them, get personal and entrench themselves. 

Said several times I'm concerned with the way we start games and more recently failing to score first and take chances. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk just choose to ignore them, get personal and entrench themselves. 

Said several times I'm concerned with the way we start games and more recently failing to score first and take chances. 

So you weren’t entrenched under Levein? 

Nelly Terraces

A team top of the league & this poll currently has over 45% of the support wanting rid of the manager. 

Quite unusual, you'd expect most people would de delighted, but almost half aren't. Says it all to me.

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk just choose to ignore them, gaet personal and entrench themselves. 

Your lack or self awareness is off the scale. Strange, arrogant man. 

Neil Dongcaster
9 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Your lack or self awareness is off the scale. Strange, arrogant man. 

He’s a troll. Ignore him.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I supported him until the 3-2 Motherwell game. 

I had many concerns but I won't call any Hearts manager silly names, slag him and make shit up. 

I stayed many concerns several times with CL. 

I also still say that a 6th place finish, lc sf and sc final is not an automatic sacking at the seasons end. I still think that. 

I'll support most hearts managers whilst the are managing Hearts, unsure why that is an issue or strange? 

I also  warned that sacking CL wasn't even half a plan and things could get worse. 

Sacking Robbie now, apart from being stupid is also not a plan, it's just folk in the huff.

Robbie is not CL either - 2 different managers. 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk just choose to ignore them, get personal and entrench themselves

:tlj:

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I supported him until the 3-2 Motherwell game. 

I had many concerns but I won't call any Hearts manager silly names, slag him and make shit up. 

I stayed many concerns several times with CL. 

I also still say that a 6th place finish, lc sf and sc final is not an automatic sacking at the seasons end. I still think that. 

I'll support most hearts managers whilst the are managing Hearts, unsure why that is an issue or strange? 

I also  warned that sacking CL wasn't even half a plan and things could get worse. 

Sacking Robbie now, apart from being stupid is also not a plan, it's just folk in the huff.

Robbie is not CL either - 2 different managers. 

You backed Levein rightly or wrongly to the end and tried to drown out any arguments. The spiral was created by Levein, we’d won 4 games in 30 odd ffs. Sacking Levein when we did was the right decision and if you are saying it wasn’t you’re more off yer heed than I thought.  Folk are just venting frustrations and demanding better performances. We are not alone in this, Aberdeen fans are unhappy with their style of play. Fans up and down the land are demanding more attacking and exciting football. 

I’m fully aware Robbie and Craig are two different people. 

Edited by Des Lynam

The Apprentice

I voted 'see how he does next season' and I think most folk, whatever their views, accept that he's going to get at least next season (from the Board) to get us into a decent position in the Premiership. He's got a big job on his hands to improve the squad I think the first round of fixtures are going to be very important for him. 

Like many others I have my concerns based on some of the performances this season.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

If yer angry at Robbie then ya must hate him and want Hearts to fail. 

Aye ok. 

:rofl: 

While two posts below your post is an accusation that a fan who is happy with Robbie/ Hearts must be a troll or a Hibs fan. That is a pretty standard attack on anyone posting anything favourable about Neilson at the moment. It is a really high quality debate.

53 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Don't ask him that Desmond, although he used the word before you I doubt he even knows what "entrenched" means. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's virtually nobody "screaming " for his head- it's just more exaggeration by you.

Plenty on here accepting that he'll be seeing the season out (how can he not , he's gonna win the league) but would like him gone (just as unlikely).

Plenty on here never wanted him back either after he walked out .

Or will the 18% continue clogging up the board with the same shite for the next few months?

That you can post this with a straight face is incredible - you're never off the fecking board. :facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You backed Levein rightly or wrongly to the end and tried to drown out any arguments. The spiral was created by Levein, we’d won 4 games in 30 odd ffs. Sacking Levein when we did was the right decision and if you are saying it wasn’t you’re more off yer heed than I thought.  Folk are just venting frustrations and demanding better performances. We are not alone in this, Aberdeen fans are unhappy with their style of play. Fans up and down the land are demanding more attacking and exciting football. 

I’m fully aware Robbie and Craig are two different people. 

My arguments were with folk that wanted him gone months into the job and also with folk who ripped him and called him daft names. 

By the end, like most managers sacked - he deserved it. 

It almost seems like folk just want to say they were right in the end so think it is clever to say "I wanted him out early". 

The Robbie oot thread was started in November 2020, our season started in October..... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There's virtually nobody "screaming " for his head- it's just more exaggeration by you.

Plenty on here accepting that he'll be seeing the season out (how can he not , he's gonna win the league) but would like him gone (just as unlikely).

Plenty on here never wanted him back either after he walked out .

Or will the 18% continue clogging up the board with the same shite for the next few months?

That you can post this with a straight face is incredible - you're never off the fecking board. :facepalm:

18% want him gone now. 

There is an "offfisial" Robbie oot thread, has been since November .... 

How can you say with a straight face no one wants him sacked? 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

18% want him gone now. 

I didn't. But as usual you can't help yourself.

So what if there is an "official Robbie oot thread" ?  Just because you have a problem with it and can't stop droning on about it ? You're never off it. 

Plenty never wanted him back - he walked out on the club when it suited him. Fair enough. 

This is a dull unambitious appointment by "the board" that is resulting in dull, tedious football- and make no mistake , he's only here because AB wanted a safe pair of hands because this guy is NOT the future. He's quite clearly got issues in managing the squad and the piss poor performances of late are evidence. He can't get any kind of consistency out of Naismith for starters. 

It might help you to stop concentrating on the "Robbie oot thread" and contemplate what next season is going to be like with him in charge in a MUCH tougher league with this ageing squad (they can't all be replaced) and hopelessly ineffectual players like Naismith (with years left on his contract). 

Voice of reason

I think we can mostly agree now, that posters last Saturday night claiming it was ‘unanimous’ that all Hearts fans wanted Robbie sacked were off the mark. 

Also, almost 56% want him to manage us next season - that type of lead in a democracy has recently determined Scottish Independence, Brexit and the US presidency. Until that figure flips below 50% then surely those who want him gone accept the wishes of the majority just now and get on with supporting the team, whilst legitimately raising concerns etc. I accept this is only a poll of a small percentage of Hearts fans though. However, I feel that the Kickback community, in general, has more extreme views than the general fan base, so I’d imagine Robbie has a bigger lead for keeping on going into next season than that portrayed here over the entire support. 

Who really knows though! Interesting poll. I reckon the fans of most clubs would be fairly split on their own managers - that’s the way it seems to be when you look at fans forums like Pie and Bovril. Probably only Steven Gerrard in Scotland would get unanimous support at the moment- it’s only the manager of the top team in the top league that ever does in reality.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’d be utterly astonished if Bull wasn’t a troll/fan of another team.

😂

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

By the end of that season we hadn't won a league match since March, we'd only won 4 league matches since January. If that isn't enough evidence of continuous poor performance where does getting embarrassed 5-0 by Livingston sit on it's own on the "automatic sacking" scale?

There are far too many people far too accepting of mediocre garbage, but I suppose that's because you're not a "genuine fan" if you aren't happy watching shite football every week.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why ask? We all know the answer. 

53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

18% want him gone now. 

More to the point. Who wanted him in the first place?

34 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't. But as usual you can't help yourself.

So what if there is an "official Robbie oot thread" ?  Just because you have a problem with it and can't stop droning on about it ? You're never off it. 

Plenty never wanted him back - he walked out on the club when it suited him. Fair enough. 

This is a dull unambitious appointment by "the board" that is resulting in dull, tedious football- and make no mistake , he's only here because AB wanted a safe pair of hands because this guy is NOT the future. He's quite clearly got issues in managing the squad and the piss poor performances of late are evidence. He can't get any kind of consistency out of Naismith for starters. 

It might help you to stop concentrating on the "Robbie oot thread" and contemplate what next season is going to be like with him in charge in a MUCH tougher league with this ageing squad (they can't all be replaced) and hopelessly ineffectual players like Naismith (with years left on his contract). 

I have never hit the ‘walked out on us’ argument when used against Nielson, Levein and lots of other footballers and managers. Not sure there many on here who would turn down a career move at 3-4 times current salary if offered it. Maybe I’m wrong but the offer comes in at a time of the prospective employers choosing and not the employee’s. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have never hit the ‘walked out on us’ argument when used against Nielson, Levein and lots of other footballers and managers. Not sure there many on here who would turn down a career move at 3-4 times current salary if offered it. Maybe I’m wrong but the offer comes in at a time of the prospective employers choosing and not the employee’s. 

Which is why I said "fair enough". 

26 minutes ago, FTH said:

By the end of that season we hadn't won a league match since March, we'd only won 4 league matches since January. If that isn't enough evidence of continuous poor performance where does getting embarrassed 5-0 by Livingston sit on it's own on the "automatic sacking" scale?

There are far too many people far too accepting of mediocre garbage, but I suppose that's because you're not a "genuine fan" if you aren't happy watching shite football every week.

7 wins in our last 27 games

23 goals scored

Watching MacLean and Grandad Hughes sliding around Almondvale should have been the final act for Levein, no mistake.

Football fans are reactionary and sometimes ridiculous but we also know which way the wind is blowing and can tell when a team is on it's last legs.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, FTH said:

Yip and that is a fair assessment. 

It is also imo that a 6th place finish lc sf and sc final is not a automatic sacking. 

Both are balanced and have merit. 

What does not have merit is starting a thread 6 weeks into the season to remove a guy doing at least a decent job. 

Also, CL has nothing to do with Robbie imo. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unanimous. 

georgiehearts66
20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, just the 1% nutters on here nowadays. Same 100/200 posting on here every day/week etc. 

Very true.

3 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

I think we can mostly agree now, that posters last Saturday night claiming it was ‘unanimous’ that all Hearts fans wanted Robbie sacked were off the mark. 

Also, almost 56% want him to manage us next season - 

56% are perhaps willing to "give him a chance next season" . That doesn't mean that 56% believe he is doing a good job or is the right man to take us forward in the long term. 

I think this poll and the posts on various threads show that the majority on here are completely unconvinced by Mr Neilsons managerial abilities. 

What is true is that there is a significant minority that want him punted before next season. 

The poll doesn't really tell the entire story. Those that believe 56% are firmly behind Robbie and are happy or pleased by performances are miles wide of the mark. 

I'd suggest all it would take for the poll to tip the other way is a few more bad results. 

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

56% are perhaps willing to "give him a chance next season" . That doesn't mean that 56% believe he is doing a good job or is the right man to take us forward in the long term. 

I think this poll and the posts on various threads show that the majority on here are completely unconvinced by Mr Neilsons managerial abilities. 

What is true is that there is a significant minority that want him punted before next season. 

The poll doesn't really tell the entire story. Those that believe 56% are firmly behind Robbie and are happy or pleased by performances are miles wide of the mark. 

I'd suggest all it would take for the poll to tip the other way is a few more bad results. 

I'd go along with this... a couple of defeats and this place would implode, and I'd be rethinking my vote.. I'm for giving him until next season (atm)- but we need to up the performances, because lately, we've definitely not been good enough. We've created a lot of chances, granted -  but not been taking them. Definitely won't get away with that in the Prem.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Some will be hoping for as much. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'd go along with this... a couple of defeats and this place would implode, and I'd be rethinking my vote.. I'm for giving him until next season (atm)- but we need to up the performances, because lately, we've definitely not been good enough. We've created a lot of chances, granted -  but not been taking them. Definitely won't get away with that in the Prem.

I would change my vote at the end of the season. 

I don't get folk that want the, manager replaced on a game by game basis. Madness imo. 

We could drop more points then win 5/6 on the bounce. 

Far too knee jerk for me this freaking out on a game by game basis and even then the general  pant wetting is on the back of 2 draws- 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5 games! 

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Definitely needs to improve performances and if that happens im sure many folk will be more convinced he can get us where we need to be next season. 

There's a fair bit of the season to go yet, a lot can change. We have also got the Scottish Cup and it is important that there are no Alloa type results in that competition. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some will be hoping for as much. 

You're probably right about that. There are folk that just don't like him. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I would change my vote at the end of the season. 

I don't get folk that want the, manager replaced on a game by game basis. Madness imo. 

We could drop more points then win 5/6 on the bounce. 

Far too knee jerk for me this freaking out on a game by game basis and even then the general  pant wetting is on the back of 2 draws- 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5 games! 

Spot on. You saw the stats i posted yesterday and it makes cries for Robbie to be bulleted just now ridiculous. Unfortunately 18% or so of fans or whatever the poll shows at  the moment seem to be emotionally challenged or just hate Robbie. The facts do not lie. Robbie's first and immediate objective from AB is to get us back up at the first opportunity. He is delivering that reasonably comfortably. I'd like both but i'll take substance over style anyday. 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Robbie oot  now crew crashing faster than the labour electorate in Scotland. 

Fair play to them, they've been waiting for this moment since the day he was reappointed. It must take effort to store up so much anger for your own team when its doing exactly what we need them to do at this time. No wonder it pours out of them like this. Hopefully they feel better now.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)