Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Were you not at Livingston in the cup?

The rest of it holds though.

Yes, but that was a deliberate strategy to focus on

the league. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hearts average crowd - 17,000 of which 169 are known to want Robbie out , now.

I think he can sleep safely for a while yet. 

Let’s round up. 170 on here are NOW-ers.

1% of our average crowd. We were told earlier in the thread that a majority would be NOW-ers. Of the 170, a few aren’t even Hearts fans. I think you’re right. Robbie can sleep 🛌 peacefully for a while yet.

HHGH.

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just wondering how many of those 135 (correct as at 00:57) actually attend in any case. 🤔

Do you think that's important to the general thrust of the debate ? 😄

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The thing was, it had been coming. So many rumours (as unbelievable as they felt) so it wasn’t a total surprise. But I remember thinking we’d blown the biggest opportunity ever.

Think the Dundee Utd game preceded the Dunfermline game and on the day the actual announcement was made. It’s still a blur to this day for me. Wouldn’t say it was a surprise and for the exact reasons that you mentioned, but it was surreal to say the least 

Let’s be in no doubt - if VR had just left Burley in charge that season we would have held on. The rest would have been history. 

5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Let’s round up. 170 on here are NOW-ers.

1% of our average crowd. We were told earlier in the thread that a majority would be NOW-ers. Of the 170, a few aren’t even Hearts fans. I think you’re right. Robbie can sleep 🛌 peacefully for a while yet.

HHGH.

NOW-ers

END-ers

NAW-ers 

He’s not polarising opinion any more with three distinct groups. 

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hearts average crowd - 17,000 of which 169 are known to want Robbie out , now.

I think he can sleep safely for a while yet. 

Surely it’s 17% of 17000?

Not that it matters. 17% is not a large number, although if there was not an “end of season” option it would be higher, and clearly Robbie has the support of the majority of kickback 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

NOW-ers

END-ers

NAW-ers 

He’s not polarising opinion any more with three distinct groups. 

Too much 

Happy clappers v pant wetters is still the best! 

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And Romanov sacked him for a non-football reason. A non disclosure was signed.

You're point  caller?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No middle ground option. 👎

Middle ground has no place in life, politics or sport. 

😭

The middle ground has gone! 

19 hours ago, Rudy T said:

What this breaks down into is there’s Hearts fans who want Hearts to lose so they can be proven right. If Neilson doesn’t win this league he’ll be sacked (or should be) if/when we win league Neilson will lead us into the prem. So if there’s fans out there who are so desperate for his removal which will only happen if we lose football matches by definition they are actively hoping for defeats to prove themselves correct and see him gone.

That really sticks in my throat, through thick and thin we support Hearts I want them to win every game we play, if we don’t then yes by all means bin the manager. If it’s someone’s sole goal is to be proven right then honestly they’re no fan.

No way will Hearts fans want Hearts to lose. I’d love Neilson to turn around the way we play but I fear he just isn’t good enough to manage Hearts. I’ve met Robbie a few times in the Gorgie Suite at functions and he’s very approachable and comes over a great guy my only problem is his ability to manage Hearts. 

15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You don't know how his team will perform in the top flight next season tho, so you can't use what 17% of folk think against him now? 

Ridiculous train of thought. 

Did you even read my post or did you just go for the "trolls gonna troll" approach?

I know how his team is performing in the lower league this season so it's hardly a jump to think they will still underperform in a higher division. Yes - they are underperforming in spite of the fact they are top of the league with whatever win % etc etc, they should not be struggling week after week against QotS, Morton, Alloa, Arbroath, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith.

It's an even more ridiculous train of thought to simply stick your head in the sand and just hope that everything will come good at some point in the future. That's the very approach Ann Budge took with Craig Levein which lead to the situation we find ourselves in now. Which was the point of my post, why waste a full season just coasting through a lower league when we could and should be preparing for the future rather than stagnating.

The Grim Reaper
14 minutes ago, FTH said:

Did you even read my post or did you just go for the "trolls gonna troll" approach?

I know how his team is performing in the lower league this season so it's hardly a jump to think they will still underperform in a higher division. Yes - they are underperforming in spite of the fact they are top of the league with whatever win % etc etc, they should not be struggling week after week against QotS, Morton, Alloa, Arbroath, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith.

It's an even more ridiculous train of thought to simply stick your head in the sand and just hope that everything will come good at some point in the future. That's the very approach Ann Budge took with Craig Levein which lead to the situation we find ourselves in now. Which was the point of my post, why waste a full season just coasting through a lower league when we could and should be preparing for the future rather than stagnating.

Another excellent post and exactly where I am. 

21 hours ago, FTH said:

I doubt anyone's "sole goal" is to be proven right by seeing Hearts lose, there is nothing wrong with wanting the best for the club and Robbie Neilson never does himself any favours in showing that he is the right man to provide that and take the club to the next level.

Those who want him out don't want Hearts to lose, far from it, in fact if that's what they wanted they wouldn't be so vocal about wanting him replaced.

I don't!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, FTH said:

The team isn't underperforming unless you think we should win every game and never lose or draw. 

It can't be, it's top. 

No one has thier head in the sand, the team has issues, imo at cb and poor finishing and in general starting games too slow. 

Said it many times. 

However, to sack someone because of your logic is ridiculous, it makes no sense. 

Budge sacked CL as manager 11 games into the season, almost a year in a half a go, got in Stendel, removed him and got in Robbie. 

From that it would appear Budge has has already learned the lesson with CL you alluded to - she removed the previous underperforming manager promptly and never let it drag out like she did with CL. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, FTH said:

Exactly, the instance that "Neilson's only objective this season is to win the league" is a ridiculous argument.

For me winning the league is just 1 deliverable that must be achieved on the way to fulfilling the objective for this season. The objective for the season should be to finish the season with a team ready to compete at the top end of the Premiership, in order to have achieved that we need to win the league but we should also be playing football in such a way that we are convincingly tucking away teams like Alloa, Arbroath, Greenock Morton, Dundee, etc. home and away regularly. Yes there will always be the odd week/game where we struggle but those performances should be few and far between rather than the overriding norm. We should be pushing on and be a high with some good football, good results, ideally a good run of form/results and a general feel good factor around the club ready for a charge next season.

What is the point in wasting this full season simply because we look like we'll coast our way to the absolute bear minimum requirement of winning the title? We need to be aiming higher than that and be preparing for the future rather than just sitting pretty doing as little as is required to scrape passed the 9 teams we keep declaring we shouldn't even be in the same league as.

Sorry this makes no sense. You don't build a Premiership team in the Championship the same way that English Championship  teams don't build a team to compete in the EPL. They build a team to get promoted then use the summer to build a team for the higher level using the higher income that league brings to increase their budget. For a start as a promoted team you have a bigger budget than when in the Championship. And secondly, it's harder to attract Premiership players while in the Championship.

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

No way will Hearts fans want Hearts to lose. I’d love Neilson to turn around the way we play but I fear he just isn’t good enough to manage Hearts. I’ve met Robbie a few times in the Gorgie Suite at functions and he’s very approachable and comes over a great guy my only problem is his ability to manage Hearts. 

I think you’d be surprised, I know a few who just cannot stick Neilson and Hearts losing is the only way they can really get stuck in.

I don’t have an issue with anyone criticising him, every manager gets it. What I don’t buy into is this rhetoric that keeping him is going to lead to some massive meltdown and another squad rebuild. Levein was running the entire football side of the club, his tactics, his team, his projects and recruitment. Neilson isn’t, we have new people in place now, notably Savage. Our recruitment under Savage has seen a marked change I think. GMS for example has been slated, and I see why, but you can be sure if he’d signed for Hibs or Aberdeen as was reported there would be plenty jumping up and down claiming that’s the type of signings we should make.

If Neilson starts to fail next year then I don’t think it’ll be because of player recruitment, I also don’t think with those running the club now he’ll last beyond what’s a reasonable chance for a flagging manager. A new man will arrive and IMO have a good squad to work with. However if he’s doing well we can all be happy and hopefully back into Tynecastle to witness it.

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry this makes no sense. You don't build a Premiership team in the Championship the same way that English Championship  teams don't build a team to compete in the EPL. They build a team to get promoted then use the summer to build a team for the higher level using the higher income that league brings to increase their budget. For a start as a promoted team you have a bigger budget than when in the Championship. And secondly, it's harder to attract Premiership players while in the Championship.

You cannot compare the English and Scottish Championships. The English Championship is one of the most competitive leagues in Europe for a start and none of the teams are guaranteed promotion like we are.

It is clear that we are trying to build a team for the Prem. Signings like GMS, Nando etc. confirm that. We just appear to be doing a really shit job of it.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

You cannot compare the English and Scottish Championships. The English Championship is one of the most competitive leagues in Europe for a start and none of the teams are guaranteed promotion like we are.

It is clear that we are trying to build a team for the Prem. Signings like GMS, Nando etc. confirm that. We just appear to be doing a really shit job of it.

No we're not building a team for the Prem. Hibs, Rangers, D Utd and St Mirren all took 2-5 years to get promoted so I'm not sure how anyone can guarantee promotion, especially when the league could be stopped at any time.

We're building a team to win the Championship but are trying to sign some players who we think could make the step up. GMS and Nando for example could be first team players in the Championship but squad players in the Premiership. We'll absolutely look to strengthen the squad considerably in summer, although obviously a lot depend son the pandemic. We had a much better team in 14/15 but still overhauled the squad in summer.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No we're not building a team for the Prem. Hibs, Rangers, D Utd and St Mirren all took 2-5 years to get promoted so I'm not sure how anyone can guarantee promotion, especially when the league could be stopped at any time.

We're building a team to win the Championship but are trying to sign some players who we think could make the step up. GMS and Nando for example could be first team players in the Championship but squad players in the Premiership. We'll absolutely look to strengthen the squad considerably in summer, although obviously a lot depend son the Championship. We had a much better team in 14/15 but still overhauled the squad in summer.

Why do you always have to compare us to other teams?

Do you honestly believe GMS would have signed if we weren't guaranteed promotion?

You're living in a dream world. What's your motivation for posting all this shit on here?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Why do you always have to compare us to other teams?

Do you honestly believe GMS would have signed if we weren't guaranteed promotion?

You're living in a dream world. What's your motivation for posting all this shit on here?

Because we're not playing football in a vacuum. Unlike others I back up my points. The Championship isn't that easy to win - here's the proof of teams (including some better financed than us at the time) failing to win it.

We're not signing a Prem team - here's proof of when we signed a team to win the Champ (in two years at that time as that was the target) but also tried to sign the best quality players we could in our budget, then we revamped the squad for the Premiership.

As for GMS, he has his own motivation for signing for us. There are zero guarantees right now. The SPFL could easily stop the league and cancel promotion. That's another reason we're not splashing out on a Prem team this season.

The Grim Reaper
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Because we're not playing football in a vacuum. Unlike others I back up my points. The Championship isn't that easy to win - here's the proof of teams (including some better financed than us at the time) failing to win it.

We're not signing a Prem team - here's proof of when we signed a team to win the Champ (in two years at that time as that was the target) but also tried to sign the best quality players we could in our budget, then we revamped the squad for the Premiership.

As for GMS, he has his own motivation for signing for us. There are zero guarantees right now. The SPFL could easily stop the league and cancel promotion. That's another reason we're not splashing out on a Prem team this season.

It would be catastrophic management on a scale we've never seen before should we not get promoted this season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

It would be catastrophic management on a scale we've never seen before should we not get promoted this season. 

Of course. There's no danger of it. (So why all the greeting all over this forum?)

We still shouldn't be splashing money on a Premiership squad to do it though. That would also be bad management, especially at this time. We're signing the best players we can afford at this time, but we're doing it to win the Champ and to *start* building for the Premiership. Getting Kingsley and Smith tied down were obvious examples of that. Some players are being given 2 year contracts so we have some players for next season, but we'll absolutely be looking to sign better players in every position when next summer rolls around.

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course. There's no danger of it. (So why all the greeting all over this forum?)

We still shouldn't be splashing money on a Premiership squad to do it though. That would also be bad management, especially at this time. We're signing the best players we can afford at this time, but we're doing it to win the Champ and to *start* building for the Premiership. Getting Kingsley and Smith tied down were obvious examples of that. Some players are being given 2 year contracts so we have some players for next season, but we'll absolutely be looking to sign better players in every position when next summer rolls around.

We do appear to be splashing money though. The players we've signed will not be on low/championship level wages.

My issue/greeting is that I don't believe that Robbie is getting enough out of the players he has at his disposal. If there was (in my opinion) any evidence he was, and it looked as though he was putting team together that was going to perform well in next seasons premiership I wouldn't have a problem. Although we'll surely be promoted, the level of performance this season has been a real disappointment.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

We do appear to be splashing money though. The players we've signed will not be on low/championship level wages.

My issue/greeting is that I don't believe that Robbie is getting enough out of the players he has at his disposal. If there was (in my opinion) any evidence he was, and it looked as though he was putting team together that was going to perform well in next seasons premiership I wouldn't have a problem. Although we'll surely be promoted, the level of performance this season has been a real disappointment.

Do you think teams playing 10 behind the ball almost the whole game and no fans plus bad pitches could be factors on top of some players not performing ? No teams are playing consistently well outwith Rangers in Scotland. At least we've been scoring and have built a gap at the top. I also enjoyed the SC games didn't you? It's no surprise some of our players upped their performances against better teams who came at us more.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

And, looking again, only 800 people were bothered enough to vote so it seems the VAST majority don’t really give a toss either way 😀

It was the same with the 'Levein Oot' protest after the game at Tynecastle. the quoted figure of 200 people (if it was indeed that) gathered in a place where fans frequetly do gather immediately after a game while 15,000 fans (or 98.7% if you prefer) wouldn't stop or walk round the ground to attend.

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do you think teams playing 10 behind the ball almost the whole game and no fans plus bad pitches could be factors on top of some players not performing ? No teams are playing consistently well outwith Rangers in Scotland. At least we've been scoring and have built a gap at the top. I also enjoyed the SC games didn't you? It's no surprise some of our players upped their performances against better teams who came at us more.

They are just excuses and again you're comparing us to other teams. We are Heart of Midlothian and we're playing in a bang average Championship with a player budget and resources which dwarf all the other teams.

The performances are dull, the football is boring and has been for years. I find it hard to understand how you can disagree with that. I expect it to continue into next season which is why I want Robbie replaced. The alarm bells are ringing again, we've been down this path before.

Anyway, on to tonight. Hopefully 3 points and an improved performance.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

They are just excuses and again you're comparing us to other teams. We are Heart of Midlothian and we're playing in a bang average Championship with a player budget and resources which dwarf all the other teams.

The performances are dull, the football is boring and has been for years. I find it hard to understand how you can disagree with that. I expect it to continue into next season which is why I want Robbie replaced. The alarm bells are ringing again, we've been down this path before.

Anyway, on to tonight. Hopefully 3 points and an improved performance.

They're actual real things. You disagree they're important which is fine. I can't get over how anyone thinks playing ultra defensive teams on tight plastic pitches in front of no fans is a recipe for great performances in every game, especially from our better ball players, but that's just me. I have low expectations of Championship football and Scottish football in general quality-wise. The lack of fans is the big thing for me this season, and it's obviously the big difference between this and the last time we were in the Championship - affecting both performances and our recruitment. A Hearts team roared on by 15k at Tynie is typically a very different Hearts team.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They're actual real things. You disagree they're important which is fine. I can't get over how anyone thinks playing ultra defensive teams on tight plastic pitches in front of no fans is a recipe for great performances in every game, especially from our better ball players, but that's just me. I have low expectations of Championship football and Scottish football in general quality-wise. The lack of fans is the big thing for me this season, and it's obviously the big difference between this and the last time we were in the Championship - affecting both performances and our recruitment. A Hearts team roared on by 15k at Tynie is typically a very different Hearts team.

You literally have an excuse for everything when it comes to Levein Budge and Neilson.  Yet Stendel had more than enough time taking over a shambles on a two year slide plus and the old manager was still kicking about and that is all fine :lol: 

Leveins Battalion

Fruit loops voting for Neilson.

Struggling against a team with Ridgers,Keatings and Todorov 🤣🤣🤣

How low so we go?

the jambo poet

We are awful. We've been as forgiving a support as any, but sorry Robbie, that's not good enough. You have to go. It's not all your fault but we have been served up the same crap now and promised it will come good for a few years now. We deserve good now. Not next week. Not next season. Now.  We need a total change, we need to do something very different, we need excitement, in fact no, that's wrong, we just need a team that will deliver what we want, arses off seats, smiling faces, win lose or draw. We have been bored to death for years now. We can't even excite in the championship. 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The poorly headed pass back did it for me. What was he thinking?

The striker out muscled him and it messed up his header. Not an excuse, he has been off the boil recently. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
23 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

17% is rather low considering the noise they make. 

What's sadder is that 17% won't change, no matter what happens and that 17% was the same before a ball was kicked this season.

Who wears the blinkers ?

Is that right aye......

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The striker out muscled him and it messed up his header. Not an excuse, he has been off the boil recently. 

Unfortunately not just him. I just refuse to believe our manager or any other coach on staff teaches some of our defending. It’s frustrating to watch but any club firing a manager now would be ridiculous.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)