Jump to content

Michael Smith


kingantti1874

Recommended Posts

kingantti1874

Over rated. What the **** was he doing at the goal.  We’ve conceded a lot of chances down that right side this season

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • kingantti1874

    16

  • Cruyff

    7

  • Bongo 1874

    7

  • jambopilms

    5

Jambos_1874

A rare lapse in concentration but he is not overrated. In fact he has been one of our most consistent and hardworking players for several seasons. You should be more annoyed at our absolutely ineffective forwards. Nonsense thread.

Edited by Jambos_1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
19/05/2012

Both full backs have let free balls into our box so many times this season. They need to start defending instead of standing off

Link to post
Share on other sites
CloustonHMFC

Both Smith and Kingsley (in fact the whole team) are playing like their sole goal this season is to not get injured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashimoto

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

There is no encouragement that things will get better, or players will improve

At the end of the day you can't polish a turd!

Needs more than an overhaul...Needs ripped up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel sorry for Smith.

 

He's watched Halkett give away goals for a season and a half and now understands he needs to come across and cover for him.

 

Unfortunately today that cost us a goal. However he is not the problem. Our central defenders have been costing us goals now for about 18 months. Replace them with better and Smith wouldn't need to do the job of 2 men, possibly 3, even more possibly 4 since our right wingers in front of him are also shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

A rare lapse in concentration but he is not overrated. In fact he has been one of our most consistent and hardworking players for several seasons. You should be more annoyed at our absolutely ineffective forwards. Nonsense thread.


I am. But he’s been poor for some weeks. Positionally he’s been caught out a few times

Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten

I thought he was our man of the match today until I remembered his position at the Morton goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet

Don’t want to knock him but he was at fault for the goal, there’s no getting around that. But I have said before that although he’s Mr. Consistent with at least 7/10 displays (usually) he’s also limited in that the 8, 9 or 10/10 displays are few and far between.

Edited by BackOfTheNet
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

There is no encouragement that things will get better, or players will improve

At the end of the day you can't polish a turd!

Needs more than an overhaul...Needs ripped up.  

McEneff, new striker. Craig Gordon, Ginelly. 
“duff replacements since last year”
we are all peed off about not getting 3 points but think it’s clouding your judgement a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was playing RB, CB, CM, RWB, RW today trying to help the rest of the clowns.  Absolutely least of our problems

Edited by R1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
Just now, R1874 said:

Was playing RB, CB, CM, RWB, RW today trying to help the rest of the clowns.  Absolutely least of our problems


But he was at fault for the goal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:


But he was at fault for the goal. 


Halkett losing the challenge was the bigger mistake

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashimoto
Just now, Sid said:

McEneff, new striker. Craig Gordon, Ginelly. 
“duff replacements since last year”
we are all peed off about not getting 3 points but think it’s clouding your judgement a bit. 


McEneff....1st start today!......Ginnelly......Injury prone, has he actually played 90 minutes for Hearts?...


Naw, my judgement is not clouded.......Today is not knee jerk......I've had the past 3 or 4 games to make my judgement. This team is murder, devoid of ideas, poor right through the team.

We'll get chewed alive playing these guys in the Premiership next season......

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Feel sorry for Smith.

 

He's watched Halkett give away goals for a season and a half and now understands he needs to come across and cover for him.

 

Unfortunately today that cost us a goal. However he is not the problem. Our central defenders have been costing us goals now for about 18 months. Replace them with better and Smith wouldn't need to do the job of 2 men, possibly 3, even more possibly 4 since our right wingers in front of him are also shit.

This 👍 spot on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Over rated. What the **** was he doing at the goal.  We’ve conceded a lot of chances down that right side this season

 

Log off. You have nothing good to say today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

Apart from the keeper, left back, 1 centre half, both central midfielders, bother wingers and 1 centre forward.

 

Don’t get me wrong, we are playing pish, but to say it’s the same team/squad is nonsense.

 

Neilson does need to be getting a lot more out of them; we only play in fits and starts...not sure what the HT team talk was today, but after a decent first half we were asleep for the first 15 mins of the second half. I thought taking off Kastaneer instead of GMS was a mistake...yes he had a mare in the first 10 mins of the second half, but he’d offered a lot more than GMS in the first half.

 

Naismith and Boyce were very poor today, which was disappointing.

Edited by combo74
Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Both full backs suffer from playing alongside absolutely ****ing atrocious centre backs

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

 

Log off. You have nothing good to say today.


He gets an easy ride imo. I’m not saying he’s our worst player. He’s miles from that. 
 

but he is overrated imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo
26 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

Michael Smith was not the problem today and is the least of our worries

He is the least of our worries, but he definitely was a problem today. The goal was his fault. There was absolutely no need to go racing across the pitch leaving his man free to score. A bad mistake today, but a rare one across the season. Kingsley has cost us far more goals this season.

 

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

Only 4 out of our starting 11 were with us last season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

He was poor but no way as poor as Halliday, GMS or Naismith.

we have bigger problems than Smith

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Shark
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

Both full backs have been poor since Neilson stuck rank rotten wingers in front of them. Neither of them is very good defensively. They and we were better when they were offering our attacking width. The current system that Neilson insists on using is helping nobody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


He gets an easy ride imo. I’m not saying he’s our worst player. He’s miles from that. 
 

but he is overrated imo. 

 

One of the only consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. To say he's overrated is a bold call and not one I can see many people endorsing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender

It's about time that the Hearts support woke up to the fact that Michael Smith isn't all that good a football player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

 

Kingsley and GMS on the left are just not working at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Smith is as much a part of our 5 year decline as anybody.He is bang average.

Thank goodness someone else sees this. 

 

People have raved about him being a solid '7/10' most weeks. As an international and likely high earner who, since joining, has seen our team drop further and further down the league until we have found ourselves sclaffing about in the first division, I'd hope for the occasional 8 or 9/10, which, bar the one game he played centre half in the 4-0 v Celtic, I've never seen from him. It's easy to be the star when standards are so low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, R1874 said:


Halkett losing the challenge was the bigger mistake

100% this. Because Halkett made an absolute erse of it and got beaten, everyone else in the defence had to shuffle over 1 place to the left, leaving the widest Morton man free. Smith had no choice but to move inside after Halkett's error.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Kingsley and GMS on the left are just not working at all. 

 

Has to be a concern for the run in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Kingsley and GMS on the left are just not working at all. 

I'm having some serious doubts about Kingsley after a good start but he certainly isn't helped by having GMS in front of him, who is dreadful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
franco2209

One of the few who felt we shouldn't have offered him a new contract, consistent but bang average. Nothing wrong in getting the best out of a player then offloading. Feel this will bite us in the arse just like Berra,Hughes, Cowie etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
everton_jambo

He’s a solid right back in a poor team, easily Scottish premiership quality. A bit too fond of the back pass for my liking but he is two footed and gets forward pretty well and rarely gives the ball away. Not the best defender but not the worst either and probably better than Kingsley.

 

if we have to single people out today Boyce wasn’t up to his usual level and Naismith was (as usual) pretty useless. GMS looks completely off the pace. Mceneff was ok but it was a bit of an Olly Lee performance really, hardly took the game by the scruff of the neck

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

He’s a solid right back in a poor team, easily Scottish premiership quality. A bit too fond of the back pass for my liking but he is two footed and gets forward pretty well and rarely gives the ball away. Not the best defender but not the worst either and probably better than Kingsley.

 

if we have to single people out today Boyce wasn’t up to his usual level and Naismith was (as usual) pretty useless. GMS looks completely off the pace. Mceneff was ok but it was a bit of an Olly Lee performance really, hardly took the game by the scruff of the neck

 

Smith is not a solid, SPL standard, right back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

 

One of the only consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. To say he's overrated is a bold call and not one I can see many people endorsing. 


consistent in a shockingly bad team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a better option at RB in the summer. He has been a good player for us and a great versatile option but we need to improve Full Back positions, someone that can cross a ball would be a start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
WT Laurie

Any decent manager would move Smith to centre defence , remove Halkett and bring in a decent right back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wrinkly Ninja

Need to see it again but was Halkett not chasing him man again well out of position leaving a massive gap between him and Popescu, which Popescu tried to fill basically running into no mans land, which pulled Smith over?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Was playing RB, CB, CM, RWB, RW today trying to help the rest of the clowns.  Absolutely least of our problems

Correct, covered a huge amount of ground today, and while he was caught out of position for the goal we had chances to clear things long before that and take nothing away from the Morton lad it was a great strike. If he didn't hit it when he did Smith would have recovered the lost ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:


McEneff....1st start today!......Ginnelly......Injury prone, has he actually played 90 minutes for Hearts?...


Naw, my judgement is not clouded.......Today is not knee jerk......I've had the past 3 or 4 games to make my judgement. This team is murder, devoid of ideas, poor right through the team.

We'll get chewed alive playing these guys in the Premiership next season......

Saying you can’t judge McEneff on one start (ignoring the new striker totally) but they will be chewed alive?  Walker looked quite fired up today - but not delivered consistently.  
the team were not devoid of ideas. You don’t get 26 shots by being devoid. We couldn’t finish. That is a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

A rare lapse in concentration but he is not overrated. In fact he has been one of our most consistent and hardworking players for several seasons. You should be more annoyed at our absolutely ineffective forwards. Nonsense thread.

He's consistently average.....👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, WT Laurie said:

Any decent manager would move Smith to centre defence , remove Halkett and bring in a decent right back 


agree with this

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

Kingsley has been shite since he signed his new deal. 

 

At least Smith always gives one hundred per cent and you can see he cares what actually happens. 

 

Not many give a **** in that team I can tell you that for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:


But he was at fault for the goal. 

 

Or was it whoever should be covering back when he goes to cover Central defence?

Link to post
Share on other sites
grumpyespana
1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

I'm having some serious doubts about Kingsley after a good start but he certainly isn't helped by having GMS in front of him, who is dreadful.

Kingsley plays better when White is in front of him fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...