Jump to content

The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )


mickycameron98

Recommended Posts

karipidis

Whilst I agree things are not the same without fans, I think this lockdown without football would have been incredibly difficult. It has given us something to debate, moan about and to look forward to on a Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • been here before

    15

  • i8hibsh

    12

  • GinRummy

    11

  • Sir Gio

    9

kingantti1874

We won’t be going back until it is safe to interact so I have zero worries about the match day experience.

 

I actually think the demand for football will be huge. Lots of sell outs regardless of the product on the pitch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t be going back until it is safe to interact so I have zero worries about the match day experience.

 

I actually think the demand for football will be huge. Lots of sell outs regardless of the product on the pitch. 

I've a feeling it'll be like the huge crowds just after the war, people champing at the bit to get back

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 08:41, Hearts_fan said:

 

I reserve the right to give you a swift punch in the puss if you try that on me. 

 

Followed by a thorough rinse of my right fist with hand sanitiser.

 

You sound fun, bets are you revel in misery, and don’t kid yourself, you won’t be punching anyone 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Australis

Regarding our main stand, not long after the original one opened world war 1 broke out and put us in a bit financial trouble or worry.

 

Now the new main stand has had the covid lockdown to contend with not so long after.

 

Stop building main stands Hearts.

 

Can't wait to get back to a full buzzing stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
4 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Today marks 51 weeks since our last home game with fans inside the ground(against Motherwell)

I never went to st midden mid week away so its nice in a way to know that my last game was in the bosom of my jambo family at our Own ground.    51 weeks!!! 

 

The Motherwell game was 7th March. Cant be arsed checking but off the top of my head isnt that 50 weeks ago?

 

11th March we traipsed out of Paisley...

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 09:31, Weonly151 said:

Love this post, your spot on with everything there. I think your speaking for a lot of fans at what yiu have just said. 

And me too.  Football is about emotion and togetherness and there's none of that just now - apart from on JKB!  Thanks for keeping us all sane. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

The Motherwell game was 7th March. Cant be arsed checking but off the top of my head isnt that 50 weeks ago?

 

11th March we traipsed out of Paisley...

Let's just forget the 11th March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
2 hours ago, Australis said:

Regarding our main stand, not long after the original one opened world war 1 broke out and put us in a bit financial trouble or worry.

 

Now the new main stand has had the covid lockdown to contend with not so long after.

 

Stop building main stands Hearts.

 

Can't wait to get back to a full buzzing stadium.

Also, just prior to ww2, we were granted planning permission to build a new stadium at stenhouse. Remember seeing an article a couple of years ago about it, a 100000 capacity. If the was started a couple of years later, it would probably be built and we wouldn't be the gorgie boys, but the stennie boys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
47 minutes ago, superjack said:

Also, just prior to ww2, we were granted planning permission to build a new stadium at stenhouse. Remember seeing an article a couple of years ago about it, a 100000 capacity. If the was started a couple of years later, it would probably be built and we wouldn't be the gorgie boys, but the stennie boys.

 

Sighthill.

 

 

sighthill.thumb.jpg.199aab898d95147eea7336bef0f4280f.jpg

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts_fan
On 20/02/2021 at 09:51, jamboozy said:

You sound fun, bets are you revel in misery, and don’t kid yourself, you won’t be punching anyone 😂

 

Call me boring, but I'm not a fan of infectious pathogens. 

 

I used to hug everyone when we scored a crucial goal – strangers and loved ones.

 

If COVID is still about and I'm in Tynecastle and some stranger tries to hug me, I can assure you physical force will be used.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Positive news down South today.

 

Await Scottish nanny state to pish on my chips. If you are worried still,  stay at home,  that's fair enough, just open up summertime and get our lives back, and Tynecastle once more, never to be taken for granted and always cherished 

Edited by Sir Gio
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts_fan

If you're worried, stay at home and let the bravest of society go to the front line to cuddle each other and spread the infectious pathogen. 

 

Let us, the bravest, continue to give life to the virus and prolong the damage to the economy and force our most vulnerable and elderly to stay separate from their loved ones.

 

We are the bravest. Let us do the dirty work and protect the virus.

 

 

Edited by Hearts_fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Positive news down South today.

 

Await Scottish nanny state to pish on my chips. If you are worried still,  stay at home,  that's fair enough, just open up summertime and get our lives back, and Tynecastle once more, never to be taken for granted and always cherished 

I just hope we get to go at the very start of the season. I have an ambition of a few beers in the sunshine of a beer garden then hop on the bus to Tynie. Bit worried the Scottish government delay it way past the uk gov though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just hope we get to go at the very start of the season. I have an ambition of a few beers in the sunshine of a beer garden then hop on the bus to Tynie. Bit worried the Scottish government delay it way past the uk gov though. 

I don't want to be political  got into one of those before! Not deeply interested to be honest. 

 

However going to be a very bitter pill to swallow with half as many cases and harsher restrictions. We are never going to be rid of it but by start of next season we will all be vaccinated and how we socialise should be our own decision .

 

Fully understanding why many won't want to rush back, but restrictions beyond summer would be damaging 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't want to be political  got into one of those before! Not deeply interested to be honest. 

 

However going to be a very bitter pill to swallow with half as many cases and harsher restrictions. We are never going to be rid of it but by start of next season we will all be vaccinated and how we socialise should be our own decision .

 

Fully understanding why many won't want to rush back, but restrictions beyond summer would be damaging 

Fingers crossed. Guess we’ll have a better idea tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

If you're worried, stay at home and let the bravest of society go to the front line to cuddle each other and spread the infectious pathogen. 

 

Let us, the bravest, continue to give life to the virus and prolong the damage to the economy and force our most vulnerable and elderly to stay separate from their loved ones.

 

We are the bravest. Let us do the dirty work and protect the virus.

 

 

You ever ventured outdoors prior to COVID? If the answer is yes, then you too are the bravest. 

 

Anyhow back to football back to enjoying life and back to letting my kids live a life free of mental torture of house arrest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fingers crossed. Guess we’ll have a better idea tomorrow. 

Area data driven apparently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
On 20/02/2021 at 08:32, August Landmesser said:

I've a feeling it'll be like the huge crowds just after the war, people champing at the bit to get back


Same. Sell outs nationwide.. 3hr queue for a pint at the pub 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Area data driven apparently 

Oh ffs! Will leave it there because I’ll just turn it into a political debate but not happy at that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Oh ffs! Will leave it there because I’ll just turn it into a political debate but not happy at that. 

:lol:

 

I know, thank god I had a couple before the Motherwell game. Little did i know. 

 

Haste the day we can be together again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


Same. Sell outs nationwide.. 3hr queue for a pint at the pub 😆

I think a lot might stay away in truth. Not from the pub though,  3hrs might be an understatement!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir Gio said:

:lol:

 

I know, thank god I had a couple before the Motherwell game. Little did i know. 

 

Haste the day we can be together again 

Amen to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
On 20/02/2021 at 13:20, been here before said:

 

Sighthill.

 

 

sighthill.thumb.jpg.199aab898d95147eea7336bef0f4280f.jpg

Thanks for that, means I wasn't imagining it. Doesn't have the same ring to it though, the fist of sighthill. 

Wonder how we would have done if we could have had the crowds to give an attendance to rival the wanks from the west.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
On 18/02/2021 at 23:22, jamboozy said:

I  still hug the people around me when celebrating a goal , feck last years misery, I want to partee stylee Tyncastle , I JUST WANT BACKTO WHERE WE ALL WANT TO BE!

Where do you sit.....?

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Area data driven apparently 

No dates to be given tomorrow. Just the order of relaxations and the measures to be used to trigger them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertarian

Boris has said this evening that he hopes that England will be back to normal by June 21st, he specifically mentioned football supporters being allowed back into stadiums. Hopefully if England returns to some form of normality then Scotland will also be back to normal also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

 

Call me boring, but I'm not a fan of infectious pathogens. 

 

I used to hug everyone when we scored a crucial goal – strangers and loved ones.

 

If COVID is still about and I'm in Tynecastle and some stranger tries to hug me, I can assure you physical force will be used.

Will you not be too busy running the other way? 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to 2005

No chance we will be allowed to get back to normal. Expect some new variant along in the next few months so they can lock us up again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Boris has said this evening that he hopes that England will be back to normal by June 21st, he specifically mentioned football supporters being allowed back into stadiums. Hopefully if England returns to some form of normality then Scotland will also be back to normal also. 

3 days after England v Scotland, coincidence?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Boris has said this evening that he hopes that England will be back to normal by June 21st, he specifically mentioned football supporters being allowed back into stadiums. Hopefully if England returns to some form of normality then Scotland will also be back to normal also. 

He did mention fans returning around May 17 (I think) but with greatly reduced crowds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
McGlynn The Money
On 18/02/2021 at 22:10, Hectormasson said:

Think we will all have to have had our two jags, and the way it's going that could be the end of the year before everyone has had both ,   so it's maybe going to have to be July 2022 before we're back in again in big numbers, if at all,   sadly.....

 

:what:

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

After today’s announcement when do we think we will be allowed back at tynecastle?

 

Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

After today’s announcement when do we think we will be allowed back at tynecastle?

Probably Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

After today’s announcement when do we think we will be allowed back at tynecastle?

The way it’s going just now I reckon next season, we will get into stadiums but it will be a limited crowd but with virus who knows mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboman9
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

After today’s announcement when do we think we will be allowed back at tynecastle?

Defo Thursday

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Thursday.

I just bet you’re working that day?

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I just bet you’re working that day?

 

Aye missionary work in Hamilton. Im having to get the train through as parkings a nightmare Im told.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Aye missionary work in Hamilton. Im having to get the train through as parkings a nightmare Im told.

 

 

 

 

Sorry to hear that, hope you get a good bar lunch.  👍

 

With a bit of luck, you might meet someone who either drives a white van for home removals or supplies C19 masks.

 

Bon appetit!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
No Idle Talk
On 20/02/2021 at 07:53, karipidis said:

Whilst I agree things are not the same without fans, I think this lockdown without football would have been incredibly difficult. It has given us something to debate, moan about and to look forward to on a Saturday. 

 

I agree with you. Without the Hearts matches at the weekend there would be pretty much nothing for me to look forward to in my life at the moment. I need it. Yes it's not the same without the fans at the matches but it's still watching Hearts. And I love watching Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2021 at 22:09, been here before said:

Why would masks only need to be worn when we're attacking?

 

Given Robbie's tactics, I'm not sure masks are warranted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to get into the politics, but I would imagine that the Scottish government announcement is a bit reticent because they'll be waiting to see how the lifting of restrictions goes in England.

 

If all goes well in England, and the 4 steps are taken on schedule, I'd expect Scotland to not be too far behind.  So pubs and full grounds for next season in July if all goes to plan.  If things go poorly in England, and steps are delayed or even reversed, it gives Sturgeon the opportunity to say she was right to be cautious.  She can't  really lose either way.

 

What I wouldn't like is a return to "normal" but with games still messed about with if there is a case of Covid. England has already said that we're going to have to learn to live with it in the same way as we do flu, so I'd like us to be in a position where individuals with Covid don't put everyone else's lives on hold.

 

Re my previous posts on this thread about scrapping football for now. I'm not negative about football at all, but there are bigger things.  I haven't been able to see my grandkids since last Autumn, which is far more important to me. When I see footballers hugging on TV while I can't even see my grandkids, never mind hug them, something is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone

Not like Boris has said things in the past and then backtracked massively. Christmas went swimmingly. 

 

We'll all be back for the start of next season and not before that imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not like Boris has said things in the past and then backtracked massively. Christmas went swimmingly. 

 

We'll all be back for the start of next season and not before that imo. 

Shame on him for not using his magic wand to control a worldwide pandemic!

 

But being serious, I think I probably agree with you. Which is why I would want unnecessary social interactions to be limited until things are properly under control. And contact sports are unnecessary at the moment.

 

I just want to see my grandkids, sod football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like crowds, albeit limited at first, could soon be allowed back in to football stadiums. If you had been vaccinated would you be happy sitting beside a fan who had refused the vaccine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...