The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )

mickycameron98

It's up to the individual regarding accepting/refusing the vaccine, any club not allowing supporters in to their ground on this basis would be opening up a huge can of worms. For that reason i cant see it ever happening.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neil Dongcaster

Can I also request not to sit next to smokers? Third hand smoke causes all sorts of cancers. I’d rather have covid than cancer tbh.

We don't need any of this Covid Passport shit, people are getting the jag, so what's  the problem, if a person doesn't get the jag (strange) surely the person next to them will have had it, if not what the F are they complaining about.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing disgrace. We really don't even own our own bollocks anymore. 

A human being should be fully in control of what goes into their body and they should own their own risk.

So, someone can't do what everyone else can do because they do not wish to have the vaccine?

Not that we have any freedoms inside Tynecastle now anyway, I would at the very least still expect freedom of choice.

If you choose to ignore scientists and government's advice that's your absolute right, but you shouldn't be allowed to possibly damage the health of someone who followed that advice.

5 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Can I also request not to sit next to smokers? Third hand smoke causes all sorts of cancers. I’d rather have covid than cancer tbh.

Smoking not permitted in the stadium.

2 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

If you choose to ignore scientists and government's advice that's your absolute right, but you shouldn't be allowed to possibly damage the health of someone who followed that advice.

So you are admitting the vaccine is pointless?

Howdy Doody Jambo

I don't like it when somebody kept farting at least in the old terracing you could move away 

You could get a vaccinated section and a non vaccinated section and another for the farters and smokers 

been here before
7 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

How would you "possibly damage the health of someone who followed that advice" by not having the vaccine?

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A human being should be fully in control of what goes into their body and they should own their own risk.

So, someone can't do what everyone else can do because they do not wish to have the vaccine?

Not that we have any freedoms inside Tynecastle now anyway, I would at the very least still expect freedom of choice.

We have the freedom to choose to receive or not to receive ANY medication.  What people do not seem to realise or accept is that there are consequences to any actions, or lack of action. in the choices we make.

My own opinion is that if you have not had the vaccine, then you should be denied admittance to any venue where you could pass this virus to vulnerable people including Tynecastle.  Unpopular maybe but then the lockdown restrictions currently imposed as even more unpopular.

The Hogfather
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Good thing you stopped going to Hearts games then.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

We have the freedom to choose to receive or not to receive ANY medication.  What people do not seem to realise or accept is that there are consequences to any actions, or lack of action. in the choices we make.

My own opinion is that if you have not had the vaccine, then you should be denied admittance to any venue where you could pass this virus to vulnerable people including Tynecastle.  Unpopular maybe but then the lockdown restrictions currently imposed as even more unpopular.

But what business is any part of my medical history to you or the club? 

45 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

It looks like crowds, albeit limited at first, could soon be allowed back in to football stadiums. If you had been vaccinated would you be happy sitting beside a fan who had refused the vaccine?

How would you know they'd refused it ?

Not all the population is going to be given the vaccine any time soon anyway. 

The question of transmission by the vaccinated/unvaccinated  still isn't known. 

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The irony of you posting multiple times on a thread about attendance at Tynecastle.

Just now, Haken said:

The irony of you posting multiple times on a thread about attendance at Tynecastle.

Not really. I will have been to Tynecastle more than a high percentage of people on it.

7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The general view is that to encourage people to get vaccines, it's better not to make a big deal about those who don't. 

Avoid encouraging the anti vaxxers. 

17 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I’m not sure how you’d know.  I would not ask, or be concerned.  There may be various reasons for someone not taking it.   

Indeed, and they would be allowed an exception.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

But what business is any part of my medical history to you or the club? 

I don't but the club should be made aware at the point of you purchasing a ticket for access to a public area, simply by asking the question BEFORE you enter any personal data.  This question is simple and can be asked at the point you try to buy a season ticket or match day brief.  They are bound by GDPR to protect your privacy but equally they have a legal and moral responsibility to protect the health and well being of everyone who does attend the game.  If you answer 'No, I have not been vaccinated for COVID-19' then they refuse to sell you a ticket.  That's a simple IT function.

If you lie on the ticket application then the consequences lie on you and you then bear any legal ramifications of the spread of the virus if it's traced to you.

The Treasurer

If you choose to go to certain countries, you are required by law to have certain vaccinations.

If you choose not to (which is everyone's right) then you are denied access to that country.

The same should be the case once everyone in the country has been offered this vaccine.

It's up to you to choose whether to have it or not but you accept that this will come with certain restrictions. if you choose not to.

This of course would not apply to those who are unable to be vaccinated for genuine medical reasons

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Des' Dad said:

It looks like crowds, albeit limited at first, could soon be allowed back in to football stadiums. If you had been vaccinated would you be happy sitting beside a fan who had refused the vaccine?

Has there been an announcement or report  released stating that this will be enforced ? 

Edited by Ma Roon

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Masks should be compulsory and no shouting for any reason. 😷

We'll need noisier sweety wrappers in that case. The rustle could be the next big thing after those South African humming things. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The general view is that to encourage people to get vaccines, it's better not to make a big deal about those who don't. 

Avoid encouraging the anti vaxxers. 

Not sure I agree with that Mikey.  Anti-vaxxers need a swift kick in the gonads as far as I'm concerned and the worst ones are the ones that tie this in with religious ideology.

They do realise there are people that cannot take the vaccine due to other health concerns? How do they navigate their way around that. 

Anyway, if you aren't comfortable sitting next to someone that has not been vaccinated you need your head checked. 

World is going mad. 

Just now, indianajones said:

They do realise there are people that cannot take the vaccine due to other health concerns? How do they navigate their way around that. 

Anyway, if you aren't comfortable sitting next to someone that has not been vaccinated you need your head checked. 

World is going mad. 

This. Absolutely nuts. 

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I don't but the club should be made aware at the point of you purchasing a ticket for access to a public area, simply by asking the question BEFORE you enter any personal data.  This question is simple and can be asked at the point you try to buy a season ticket or match day brief.  They are bound by GDPR to protect your privacy but equally they have a legal and moral responsibility to protect the health and well being of everyone who does attend the game.  If you answer 'No, I have not been vaccinated for COVID-19' then they refuse to sell you a ticket.  That's a simple IT function.

If you lie on the ticket application then the consequences lie on you and you then bear any legal ramifications of the spread of the virus if it's traced to you.

But that is an invasion of my privacy. Why don't they ask me if I have ever been treated for an STD while they are at it.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

World is going mad. 

Absolutely. I’d suggest, without being nasty to anyone, that if you’re bothered by the risk of sitting next to someone at football, you should maybe just stay at home. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

sometimes the greater good supersedes the preference of the few.  You could draw comparison with compulsory service during the war.

the implications of another outbreak for all of us are far too serious to consider allowing potential carriers to mingle freely.   People who have no protection will carry a risk to themselves but also others in that they may well turn out to be patient zero for a new mutation.

if you don’t want to have the vaccine that is everyone’s choice, but the risk they present to others needs to be mitigated. 

Felix Lighter

What about people who have had covid and recovered? I assume they have built an immunity and don't need the vaccine.

been here before

Man gets Covid vaccine.

Man doesnt really understand the rational of said vaccine and thinks he's Covid proof and cant pass Covid to others.

Man starts thread.

I would have no problem with it providing everyone has been offered one, and anyone excempt on medical grounds can still have access (ie. it is not discriminatory).

The more people who refuse the vaccine the more covid will spread, mutate, and therefore more risk the vaccines will stop being as effective.

Anyone who thinks people refusing the vaccines are only harming themselves - this is a dangerous myth.

Edited by Bunny Munro

kingantti1874
Just now, Bunny Munro said:

I would have no problem with it providing everyone has been offered one, and anyone excempt on medical grounds can still have access (ie. it is not discriminatory).

The more people who refuse the vaccine the more covid will spread, mutate, and therefore more risk the vaccines will stop being as effective.

Anyone who thinks people refusing the vaccines are only harming themselves - this is a dangerous myth.

If covid has done one thing is had made clear the sheer volume of utter morons who occupy this earth. Absolute zoomers 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If covid has done one thing is had made clear the sheer volume of utter morons who occupy this earth. Absolute zoomers 

To clarify, are you agreeing with me or am I the zoomer? 😂

45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't believe Government are going to tell businesses who they can and can't let into their own premises is outrageous. If a busiess wants to stop someone without a vaccine entering their premises that should be their god given right. My home (or business premises) is my castle, to do with as I see fit. The suggestion that Government would ban Hearts from imposing a vaccine requirement is just PC culture gone mad. This is why Britain has gone soft.

Grandma Ann will doubtless kow-tow to the Scottish Government if they say we aren't allowed to impose a vaccine requirement. What next, letting away fans in without a vaccine, infecting good honest Hearts fans? It is think kind of nonsene that shows the club and 100% of our fans have gone soft from top to bottom.

Can posters like you not see Budge is the real virus? We need to reclaim our club and impose whatever restrictions we want, like the ****ing men we are.

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But that is an invasion of my privacy. Why don't they ask me if I have ever been treated for an STD while they are at it.

Highly unlikely isn't it. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I can't believe Government are going to tell businesses who they can and can't let into their own premises is outrageous. If a busiess wants to stop someone without a vaccine entering their premises that should be their god given right. My home (or business premises) is my castle, to do with as I see fit. The suggestion that Government would ban Hearts from imposing a vaccine requirement is just PC culture gone mad. This is why Britain has gone soft.

Grandma Ann will doubtless kow-tow to the Scottish Government if they say we aren't allowed to impose a vaccine requirement. What next, letting away fans in without a vaccine, infecting good honest Hearts fans? It is think kind of nonsene that shows the club and 100% of our fans have gone soft from top to bottom.

Can posters like you not see Budge is the real virus? We need to reclaim our club and impose whatever restrictions we want, like the ****ing men we are.

Well done for getting angry at Budge for  this. Ahead of your time. 😄

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

World is going mad. 

They'll be the same people who never went to football incase someone hadn't had the flu vaccine surely? Or what if you haven't had chickenpox yet? Surely you wouldn't be taking those kind of risks. 

Very fragile beings.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is this like a Brass Eye type parody thing? It’s bloody good if it is. 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )