The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )

mickycameron98

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I can't believe Government are going to tell businesses who they can and can't let into their own premises is outrageous. If a busiess wants to stop someone without a vaccine entering their premises that should be their god given right. My home (or business premises) is my castle, to do with as I see fit. The suggestion that Government would ban Hearts from imposing a vaccine requirement is just PC culture gone mad. This is why Britain has gone soft.

Grandma Ann will doubtless kow-tow to the Scottish Government if they say we aren't allowed to impose a vaccine requirement. What next, letting away fans in without a vaccine, infecting good honest Hearts fans? It is think kind of nonsene that shows the club and 100% of our fans have gone soft from top to bottom.

Can posters like you not see Budge is the real virus? We need to reclaim our club and impose whatever restrictions we want, like the ****ing men we are.

Wow, I am so confused by this post, Britain, Scottish government, Hearts, Anne Budge and you, all contradicting procedure.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• GinRummy

• Des' Dad

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But that is an invasion of my privacy. Why don't they ask me if I have ever been treated for an STD while they are at it.

Like I said, they are required by law to protect your privacy.  Look, the club is an entertainment BUSINESS.  They are under no obligation to sell you a ticket for attendance at their place of business although it is in their interests to do so.  They can refuse entry even after you have bought a ticket, it's printed in the terms and conditions.

If the club choose to ask this question of their fans, then I have no problem with it.  If you continue to have a problem with them asking this question then don't go.  It's simple but to be honest I think you're just looking for any excuse to put the club in a potentially bad light just now due to your incessant hatred of Anne Budge

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If you choose to go to certain countries, you are required by law to have certain vaccinations.

If you choose not to (which is everyone's right) then you are denied access to that country.

The same should be the case once everyone in the country has been offered this vaccine.

It's up to you to choose whether to have it or not but you accept that this will come with certain restrictions. if you choose not to.

This of course would not apply to those who are unable to be vaccinated for genuine medical reasons

But with the Covid vaccinations, based on what we know about their effectiveness it becomes similar to the flu.

Will we all have to have flu vaccinations too?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing disgrace. We really don't even own our own bollocks anymore. 

A human being should be fully in control of what goes into their body and they should own their own risk.

So, someone can't do what everyone else can do because they do not wish to have the vaccine?

Not that we have any freedoms inside Tynecastle now anyway, I would at the very least still expect freedom of choice.

They're putting themselves and the vulnerable among us who cannot be vaccinated for whatever reasons at risk. Dependent on the situation, I don't think it would be unreasonable for the club to bar unvaccinated people from the ground.

Hagar the Horrible

Some countries will allow tourism back but only if you have had the vacine, but so what, I have had, tetanus, rabbies, Yellow Fever and Typhoid vacines to get into some countries, so what if they add this to the list.  So in order for the next season or 2 you need it to go to the football, then I feel safer at the game,  and it should be also to be served in a pub....Thats going to kick off a debate!

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

sometimes the greater good supersedes the preference of the few.  You could draw comparison with compulsory service during the war.

the implications of another outbreak for all of us are far too serious to consider allowing potential carriers to mingle freely.   People who have no protection will carry a risk to themselves but also others in that they may well turn out to be patient zero for a new mutation.

if you don’t want to have the vaccine that is everyone’s choice, but the risk they present to others needs to be mitigated. 

Perfectly articulated argument.

Won’t be taking the vaccine, and if that prohibits me from going to Tyncastle, boozers, restaurants, (which I doubt) or travelling abroad, so be it. People should not be forced into doing something against their will. 

23 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I can't believe Government are going to tell businesses who they can and can't let into their own premises is outrageous. If a busiess wants to stop someone without a vaccine entering their premises that should be their god given right. My home (or business premises) is my castle, to do with as I see fit. The suggestion that Government would ban Hearts from imposing a vaccine requirement is just PC culture gone mad. This is why Britain has gone soft.

Grandma Ann will doubtless kow-tow to the Scottish Government if they say we aren't allowed to impose a vaccine requirement. What next, letting away fans in without a vaccine, infecting good honest Hearts fans? It is think kind of nonsene that shows the club and 100% of our fans have gone soft from top to bottom.

Can posters like you not see Budge is the real virus? We need to reclaim our club and impose whatever restrictions we want, like the ****ing men we are.

Oh dear 

22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Execute them all at dawn eh? Not sure that's a Saintly approach

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But what business is any part of my medical history to you or the club? 

How about if I had COVID and turned up anyway? My body, my business. 

I don’t believe Hearts will make any decision outwith that taken by Scottish Football in general. Scottish Football ( unsurprisingly ) won’t be a trailblazer on this and will look at what other mass entertainment businesses do. Businesses will do what they think maximises their profitability and governments will hope they won’t have to make the decision on behalf of businesses. 

I think on the coronavirus thread in The Shed someone says that Germany  will provide passports - they have vaccine passports anyway - but it will be up to each business as to whether they ask to see said passport before admitting anyone. 

I wonder if it will be a recruitment question as well 🤔

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Not that we have any freedoms inside Tynecastle now anyway

How the feck would you know??

34 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I would have no problem with it providing everyone has been offered one, and anyone excempt on medical grounds can still have access (ie. it is not discriminatory).

The more people who refuse the vaccine the more covid will spread, mutate, and therefore more risk the vaccines will stop being as effective.

Anyone who thinks people refusing the vaccines are only harming themselves - this is a dangerous myth.

They have told us this thing has already mutated. Going by what you say, that will mean the vaccines they want everyone to take won't be so effective. Will it work for some and not for others or will it sort of work maybe for everyone. 

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How about if I had COVID and turned up anyway? My body, my business. 

Then it would only affect those who have decided to own their own risk as most will have had vaccine.

I am 0.00000000% scared or worried about Covid.  I would even sit next to you Nooks.

20 minutes ago, mre said:

Allow the contientious objectors in provided they wear a white feather. 

How about a yellow star.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I will be like Halliday and Irving and go contactless for 90 minutes.

Very clever.

I think mass event organisers are entitled to impose a 'covid passport' entry policy as they see fit.   This is all about choice.  Individual chooses not have vaccine, event organiser chooses not to let them in to the event.  If that's how we have to live for next year or two then I don't see a problem.    

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How about if I had COVID and turned up anyway? My body, my business

So, I'll admit it's taking things to extremes to prove a point, but by that token

the Manchester arena bomber was within his rights to do what he wanted with his own body. 

Were his actions fair, reasonable and humane?

1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

The virus can still be transmitted by someone that’s vaccinated.

True but if everyone is vaccinated nobody is likely to get ill.

Like mask wearing. Wont stop you catching it but might stop you spreading it so if everyone wears one then its more difficult for the virus to be transmitted.

Coronavirus is here for ever. Same as Mumps, Rubella, Measles, Polio etc etc.

If everyone are vaccinated (like they are for Polio for example) then the level of protection is huge.

Nobody is suggesting we don't sit next to someone in case they have measles...we have been vaccinated but it doesn't stop you catching it or spreading it.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

So, I'll admit it's taking things to extremes to prove a point, but by that token

the Manchester arena bomber was within his rights to do what he wanted with his own body. 

In the extreme scenario you quote then YES he was entitled to blow himself up, Just go somewhere and do it alone. What he does to his own body was his business just don't involve others.

As for Covid how many went to football/ other large events with flu? 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ha, maybe that’s a tad too far and I was being facetious myself!

I think those who refuse to get vaccinated (or those who cannot be vaccinated) will be prejudiced against by some companies and certainly by other people. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Too many willing to believe all they hear on the BBC. This is a bad flu nothing more, all the hype of saving the NHS was a front.

The NHS is over run every winter. They started with saving lives and the NHS, once this was achieved they would remove restrictions, then it was the R number, then the number of deaths and now the number of infections. Moving the goal posts small moves at a time and the population say oh well it's only a little longer. Now Boris is saying the end of June but wait he meant only if the numbers are right, numbers they control. Sturgeon saying going back to levels, just another word for lock down. This will never end until the people realise they are being played.

Never before have they quarantined the healthy and whether you take the vaccine or not ( I am not anti vaccine as I have had the jab ) makes no difference, people will still catch it and the few who do get it bad will die or be seriously ill. Now you may say that is harsh, but think about it for a second, 60,000 a year died of flu, how many think not quarantining for the last 20 years or more was wrong?

How many watch the news and see 100,00 plus deaths due to covid? Well what happened to those who died from stroke or a heart condition, have they cured all these diseases?

By saying anyone who died within 28 days is a con, if you catch covid you have to self isolate for 10 days after that you are deemed clear enough to go out, so why 28 days for this stat? Obviously 18 days AFTER you are deemed to be clear of covid.

People die it's a fact of life and now that the majority of the elderly ( and the most vulnerable) have been vaccinated there is no reason for any form of lock down.

Once freedoms are removed they are NEVER returned.

Bravo that man 👍

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Which medical experts though? There are many including those in the NHS are saying the data being used is fake.

Try the WHO and almost every scientist or doctor in the World.  Are they ALL wrong?  Naw.  

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

It looks like crowds, albeit limited at first, could soon be allowed back in to football stadiums. If you had been vaccinated would you be happy sitting beside a fan who had refused the vaccine?

Assuming the vaccination keeps you safe, the un-vaccinated fan next to you is the one at risk.

Anyway there won't be anyone next to you. It'll be 25% capacity at most, so you're looking at maybe 4500 across four stands. Plus 28 Alloa fans in the away end.

Ex member of the SaS
55 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Anyone who chooses not to get the jab is a selfish prick and should be banned from all sporting arenas .

Serious question, Have you ever turned up to a football match with a cold or flu? A mild sniffle even? 60,000 a year die of flu and you could be one of those doing the killing.

19 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

They have told us this thing has already mutated. Going by what you say, that will mean the vaccines they want everyone to take won't be so effective. Will it work for some and not for others or will it sort of work maybe for everyone. 

The more mutations the more chance the vaccination will be less effective. 

If we suppress transmission through the vaccine we have less mutations, therefore less chance of it not working.

Our current vaccines will protect against many mutations (it protects against the new UK strain which was discovered in December), but possibly not all new strains.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ha, maybe that’s a tad too far and I was being facetious myself!

I think those who refuse to get vaccinated (or those who cannot be vaccinated) will be prejudiced against by some companies and certainly by other people. 

I readily admitted that but the principle remains the same albeit on a (possible) lesser scale.

You seem to be promoting your own rights but do these companies and these other people you mention not have rights also?

Do football clubs not already have a right to admit who they wish?  They already exercise that right with drunks (or are supposed to).

• Moderators

Can I remind members that the Terrace is for football related topics. If this thread veers of into becoming mainly Covid or Politics related it will be moved to the Shed. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Well done for getting angry at Budge for  this. Ahead of your time. 😄

Even I was impressed with that.

The vaccine isn't a cure, it's a symptom suppressant.  A vaccinated person can still catch the virus and can still spread it. If you catch it after you've been vaccinated, you will still feel unwell but shouldn't need hospitalised. 

So if the person sitting next to you hasn't been vaccinated, he is more at risk from catching the virus than you are if you have.

I wouldn't think that football clubs will be introducing a Covid Passport stipulation. The logistics would be difficult and hard to police. 

I think we have to stop getting ahead of ourselves. The WHO reported that yesterday in the UK there were 10,641 new cases and 177 deaths, of which 798 and 47 were in Scotland. Not clever when compared to Spain where there were only 1,614 new cases and 27 deaths and where there remains no hint of crowds returning.

I'm looking forward to having the choice of returning, but I have to say that there have been quite a few occasions this season when I've looked out of the window and been glad that all I need to do is set up the laptop.  I suspect that there are quite a few season ticket holders out there who will want to make their own decisions on when they will return and not feel obliged to go because crowds are allowed. We all have differing priorities and health conditions and this has the potential to impact on renewals, so assuming crowds can return in August I'd rather like it if the season ticket next year gives us the option - go to the game or watch a live stream.     

• davemclaren changed the title to The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )
57 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Bravo that man 👍

The vaccine or remedy could do you more harm than protection.There are lots of debate about this,your choice.

Howdy Doody Jambo
26 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I think we have to stop getting ahead of ourselves. The WHO reported that yesterday in the UK there were 10,641 new cases and 177 deaths, of which 798 and 47 were in Scotland. Not clever when compared to Spain where there were only 1,614 new cases and 27 deaths and where there remains no hint of crowds returning.

I'm looking forward to having the choice of returning, but I have to say that there have been quite a few occasions this season when I've looked out of the window and been glad that all I need to do is set up the laptop.  I suspect that there are quite a few season ticket holders out there who will want to make their own decisions on when they will return and not feel obliged to go because crowds are allowed. We all have differing priorities and health conditions and this has the potential to impact on renewals, so assuming crowds can return in August I'd rather like it if the season ticket next year gives us the option - go to the game or watch a live stream.     

I used to like the WHO, Rodger Daltrey must be getting on now 

1 hour ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Can I remind members that the Terrace is for football related topics. If this thread veers of into becoming mainly Covid or Politics related it will be moved to the Shed. 

Thanks

Did you delete my comment? 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Is this like a Brass Eye type parody thing? It’s bloody good if it is. 👍

Teach me to make a random post on my lunch break then log off. I thought given who I was responding to that it would be obvious it was a parody. Apparently some of the posters on here are so out there that it is now impossible to distinguish between real posts and what I thought was a completely ridiculous and over the top parody.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Serious question, Have you ever turned up to a football match with a cold or flu? A mild sniffle even? 60,000 a year die of flu and you could be one of those doing the killing.

We have been in lockdown/restrictions for nearly a year and to have some sort of normality we need people to be vaccinated. The less vaccinated will mean more restrictions and that will mean no return  to Tynecastle .

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Teach me to make a random post on my lunch break then log off. I thought given who I was responding to that it would be obvious it was a parody. Apparently some of the posters on here are so out there that it is now impossible to distinguish between real posts and what I thought was a completely ridiculous and over the top parody.

I genuinely thought it was. As you say though, hard to tell on here. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

I don't like it when somebody kept farting at least in the old terracing you could move away 

You could get a vaccinated section and a non vaccinated section and another for the farters and smokers 

😂😂 the good old days of someone dropping an egg(and their bowel) in the shed..and the gap gettin bigger round them as the offending smell lingered 😂😂😂🇱🇻

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Like I said, they are required by law to protect your privacy.  Look, the club is an entertainment BUSINESS.  They are under no obligation to sell you a ticket for attendance at their place of business although it is in their interests to do so.  They can refuse entry even after you have bought a ticket, it's printed in the terms and conditions.

If the club choose to ask this question of their fans, then I have no problem with it.  If you continue to have a problem with them asking this question then don't go.  It's simple but to be honest I think you're just looking for any excuse to put the club in a potentially bad light just now due to your incessant hatred of Anne Budge

Hit the nail on the head there mate.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Then it would only affect those who have decided to own their own risk as most will have had vaccine.

I am 0.00000000% scared or worried about Covid.  I would even sit next to you Nooks.

I seem to recall the Prime Minister saying this shortly before he caught it and had to be hospitalised.

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

I seem to recall the Prime Minister saying this shortly before he caught it and had to be hospitalised.

Yeah, that was all too convenient imo. A lot of world leaders just so happened to get it.  The cynic in me had me questioning it.