What do fans expect from club, manager, structure, style of play?

Bongo 1874

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Ribble

• SectionDJambo

I expect our management team to get us value for money for the amount of money we are paying this squad.  We are a million miles away from that.  

papped out the league cup from Alloa as well.  

embarrassingly bad. 

I’d simply be happy to see signs that we actually work on improving while training, for the last 3/4 seasons regardless of manager or personnel we’ve seen little evidence of working on a style of play, tactics or even set pieces. 

I’ve watched youth, junior, east of Scotland games and even teams at that level have a more defined way of playing than we do. Most weeks we look like players have just met each other half an hour before kick off. We seem to think that simply having better players means we don’t need to play, move and work together as a team. 

17 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

At present just get us back up.

Rangers down 2 seasons, Hubs 3 and Utd 4.

Sort out rest for next season.

No, bollocks to this next season nonsense, we’ve been saying that for years. 18/19 get top 6 and maybe win the cup final and then worry about next season. 19/20 let’s just not get relegated then we can worry about next season. Now here we are again, top of a pile of shite and clearly miles away from having a side or manager capable of competing in the top flight but yeah let’s wait another 6 months before we worry about it. 

Really hope Savage has plans in place for bringing in a whole new coaching team in the summer and gives them a squad they can work with.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Idealistic pish, someone please remind me how Gerrard has rangers playing? 

Exception rather than the rule and Built a team over 3/4 seasons. 

Also got humped out the lc by St Mirren just this season. 

Built a good team tho, taken time and  luckily thier fans had patience as thier rivals gobbled up every trophy and the board never sacked him for poor runs or defeats despite big shouts from certain sections of the support. 

Shows the advantages of sticking by a manager, despite what fans might view as under achieving early on. 

Good game. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

46 minutes ago, Ribble said:

No, bollocks to this next season nonsense, we’ve been saying that for years. 18/19 get top 6 and maybe win the cup final and then worry about next season. 19/20 let’s just not get relegated then we can worry about next season. Now here we are again, top of a pile of shite and clearly miles away from having a side or manager capable of competing in the top flight but yeah let’s wait another 6 months before we worry about it. 

Really hope Savage has plans in place for bringing in a whole new coaching team in the summer and gives them a squad they can work with.

In a nutshell,bravo.

Football we actually enjoy watching. My dad is housebound, bored out of his tits and he still switched that off last night as the football is terrible to watch. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Exception rather than the rule and Built a team over 3/4 seasons. 

Also got humped out the lc by St Mirren just this season. 

Built a good team tho, taken time and  luckily thier fans had patience as thier rivals gobbled up every trophy and the board never sacked him for poor runs or defeats despite big shouts from certain sections of the support. 

Shows the advantages of sticking by a manager, despite what fans might view as under achieving early on. 

Good game. 

Yeah so why wasn't that attitude given towards Stendel, rather than binning him after what 4months, and paying a fee to bring in Robbie 😂😂

Far from impressed with some of our performances so far this season. That said, managers need time to build a team. Robbie took over an absolute shit show. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Attractive attacking football , with the resources we've got compared to every team we play in championship we should never be playing defensive minded tactics 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah so why wasn't that attitude given towards Stendel, rather than binning him after what 4months, and paying a fee to bring in Robbie 😂😂

Don't know why. 

No idea to the ins and outs of Stendels and coach teams contracts or feelings on the matter. 

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Reading the Burley comment just reminded me of what Jeffries used to say...."if you score two, we'll score three!" 

On what you'd expect from a Hearts team...i expect passion, energy, enthusiasm and getting forward to threaten. The 80s saw Alex MacDonald put together a team that hated to lose games. I always remember him in an interview in the press when he was asked...."how come you have such a good derby record against Hibs?" to which he replied.."oh, that's easy, we just dinnae like them!" He knew how to motivate. Into the 90s and Joe Jordan was different. His style of football was just to be happy to win 1-0 with no entertainment. In fact, some of the football i've witnessed over the last few years is actually very Jordan-esque. Wouldn't have looked out of place at Hearts these last few years. After mucking about with Sandy Clark and Tommy McLean we got Jeffries in. We played a much more attacking style and it paid off more often than not. Levein's first spell continued that style. He managed similarly to how he and his team-mates played under McD, get the ball forward and let the opposition worry about us but he became a bit more cautious towards the end though, a trait that he seems to have grown more fond of as the years went by. Robbo tried in his short spell but players were needing replaced. Then Burley. Back to what Hearts fans expect from their players...attacking first, defending less. Then a new revolving door was installed at Tynecastle.

Moving to more recently, I believe Stendel wanted to adopt a similar McDonald/Jeffries/Burley style, you could feel a response in the stands which had got it's voice back after the dullness of Cathro/Levein times. Ultimately he was treated shoddily so we'll never know, sadly. 

I could not have put it better myself. We thrive on happy memories of games and teams that we have loved because of their passion, desire to win and togetherness. This team may well win the league by a country mile but crowds or no crowds, the games and players will quickly be forgotten because it has been so uninspiring and dull. 

Was there not a game last season, Aberdeen maybe, when we applauded them off after a draw. Purely because they tried.

We know when we're being short changed and when it's obvious, which it has been for years now, it gets us angry to the stage we look like spoiled brats. We're ****ing not.

Nobody gives a ****. It's infuriating. GMS is turning out to be a like for like replacement for Roberts. He looks more dangerous going forward but doesn't show the desire to get into those positions. Ponderous as ****.

Furst there was Vladimir
56 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because he took us from 10th position to 12th and relegated us.

6 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

Because he took us from 10th position to 12th and relegated us.

Were we relagated or demoted though?. 

Furst there was Vladimir
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Were we relagated or demoted though?. 

Did he take us from 10th to 12th and allow relegation/demotion to become relevant?

Furst there was Vladimir
Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I want my manager to be honest when accessing games.  Too often Neilson has blamed refs for results (esp away from home) apart from last night when he blamed the pitch. We’re not stupid & sometimes I wish he would just call it like it is. 

You mean demoted. That wasn’t all Stendel’s fault either but you know that already 

Not all his fault

He could even have afforded to drop us from 10th to 11th.

He couldn’t manage that though.

10th to 12th it was.

Demotion it was.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Apparently we expect to sack managers when top of the league.

Madness when Vlad did it, now people pine for it. Strange times.

Top of an utter shitshow of a league, qos would have struggled to put a side out last night if it wasn’t for a bunch of youth players on loan. 

Bring the best of a very bad bunch isn’t anything to shout about, it’s becoming abundantly clear that the majority of our players and coaches are nowhere near the level required to compete at a higher level. 

A_A wehatethehibs

This season, my expectations were low due to the absolute farce that has been the Cathro-Levein-Stendel death spiral:

- promotion by hook or by crook, any means necessary. 

- emptying the lions share of the shite bag players who relegated Hearts / were substandard. At least 10-15 emptied minimum. 

- Don’t bring in any more of that category on any long term deals, keep it short term, guys who will do a job to help us get promoted and then be moved swiftly on when the time comes to build a Premiership team. 

Once the season is over, new expectations get set. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

williamgerrard

What i expect with the clubs resources and fan base is us to be playing fast flowing attacking football and challenging for league titles.I also expect our youth academy to be producing better quality players than we are at the moment. The very minimum i expect is to be playing with 2 strikers up front at home .

Furst there was Vladimir
12 hours ago, Ribble said:

Top of an utter shitshow of a league, qos would have struggled to put a side out last night if it wasn’t for a bunch of youth players on loan. 

Bring the best of a very bad bunch isn’t anything to shout about, it’s becoming abundantly clear that the majority of our players and coaches are nowhere near the level required to compete at a higher level. 

What does that say about Hibs and Celtic?

The two top flight teams we have played this season. Two top flight teams we bettered and matched?

As always, people are doing us a disservice whilst at the same time overestimating the quality of the rest of Scottish football.

Edited by Furst there was Vladimir

Basically Stendel but actually wins.

Looking to score goals, attack, fast paced, sweeper keeper, wing backs. Every player in every position should be getting the ball and driving forwards.

No passing sideways or defending for 90 mins.

We need someone to leave no stone unturned and get rid of the 'jobs for the boys' mentality where players and people behind the scenes do a shit job but get away with it because they're mates with whoever. 

This will never happen until Budge is gone. RN was mentored by CL. Budge is good mates with CL. They replaced Stendel with him very very quickly as if it had been ongoing in talks for a while.

Don't forget what Stendel tried to do and how he was treated: because people's jobs were at stake. 

We need someone like that to be ruthless and rework the club from top to bottom.

15 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Attractive attacking football , with the resources we've got compared to every team we play in championship we should never be playing defensive minded tactics 

Exactly, I wonder what happened to the 3 defenders chat? He said we were going to play fast attacking football and it's been shite leveinball the majority of the time.

Considering we're top scorers in the championship I genuinely struggle to see how.

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Idealistic pish. 

Wake up and smell the coffee. This is Scottish football. 

Hamilton 3 up at Motherwell, Hibs beaten in 2 semi finals but 3rd in the league,  Aberdeen consistently top 4 and in Europe baying for their manager,  Celtic 9 Leagues and 12 trophies crying,  Rangers moaning about drawing at Hamilton yet so far in front they need binoculars to see behind. 

Point being nobody, nobody is ever happy with what they have. 

The nature of how we play football in this country,  entertainment,  you will be hard pushed. 

Stendel tried, he failed, when he failed he joined the club and got a few results too little too late. 

But even his attempts to play on the front foot led to horrific defeats and turgid ones among them. 

The whole thing needs to change,  but no one will vote for it.

Teams know each other inside out, the ultimate goldfish bowl. 

Meanwhile, fans on the internet moan endlessly about style,  passion,  lack of entertainment. 

I've said on other threads and elude to it in this post. 

Find a happy set of fans anywhere. Scottish football is caught in a trap 

Fair enough points on the state of Scottish football, however,  we should be miles better than what we are, and have been for several seasons 

Selkirkhmfc1874
39 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Exactly, I wonder what happened to the 3 defenders chat? He said we were going to play fast attacking football and it's been shite leveinball the majority of the time.

Considering we're top scorers in the championship I genuinely struggle to see how.

Top scorers because we playing against crap everyweek and even a couple of part time teams 

Ex member of the SaS

Yes we are top of the league, Yes we have scored more than the rest, Yes we will be promoted. 

These are the facts.

Now having said that, this is a results driven business and the ONLY way to get punters through the door is to supply something they want.

Who in their right mind ( other than football supporters who have a life long connection to the club ) would pay to watch what is on display? 

The fans want to watch a team that will entertain and score goals, without this the season ticket sales will fall and the pay at the gate numbers will fall.

How can the club hope to sign decent players if there is no revenue scheme?

So the solution, get a manager/coaching team, that will motivate and improve players and who can see a potential signing that can be sold later. A team built that plays for each other and will approach games with a winning mentality. A team that will step up in adverse conditions against weaker teams and treat every game like a cup final. A team that will start every game they way they intend to finish it.

SectionDJambo

The style, and attitude, of the team comes directly from the manager, whoever that is. In my time of following Hearts, since the 60s, we have never had a consistent way of playing, due to the different ideas of all the managers we have had. 

John Harvey, an easy appointment by a terrible board. We never hit many highs, with getting past Rangers to get to the 1968 cup final the exception. He tried to play attacking football but with our board running the club, we were never much of a threat.

Bobby Seith, something different and, the season after 1.1.73, he had us starting the season in great style, but it fell away by October. Quite an innovator, he introduced the pre match warm up into Hearts, after seeing similar in Holland. 

John Hagart, initially galvanised the team. We went on a tremendous unbeaten run which ended in unfortunate circumstances at Ibrox. Sadly, he was in charge when we got relegated for the first time. Again, little support from the board. Got us to another cup final.

Willie Ormond tried to play attacking football, but the finances of the club didn't help him.

Alex MacDonald got Hearts playing a brave style of "up and at them" football with great style and ambition. A complete turnaround from the previous styles. Very unfortunate not to win the league.

Jim Jeffries brought a style of attacking football that none of my generation had seen before. Almost won the league, but did win the cup. Showed how it should be done. When he came back, we again hit a style of attacking football that had us dreaming.

Craig Levein had us playing a decent attacking game, most of time, but then became more cautious as his player budget was squeezed. Gave us some great European experiences with his tactical knowledge and found a few good players who excited us like Fuller, Valois and De Vries. When he came back, he was a spent force with negative ideas.

Craig Burley, like Jefferies, had us playing great, exciting football, which we'll likely never see again. Probably the last coach we had, discounting the Romanov era of managers in place for a few months, apart from Jefferies return, who had us playing a consistent attacking style without fear of going to Glasgow.

In between all of these managers, we've had others who tried to play attacking football but didn't have the players or support from the board, and others who bored the pants off us.

In all of these periods of having an attack minded coach, the club enjoyed big crowds and a positive vibe to all at the club. Football fans, whilst ultimately wanting positive results, still like to be entertained by a team wanting to score goals and have them on the edge of their seats. Playing careful, dull football just turns fans away.

Attending football matches is now very expensive, when we can go along. It's not too big a stretch to expect a club of Hearts stature within the Scottish game to have an ambition to entertain on the way to some success. 

Edited by SectionDJambo

1 hour ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

What does that say about Hibs and Celtic?

The two top flight teams we have played this season. Two top flight teams we bettered and matched?

As always, people are doing us a disservice whilst at the same time overestimating the quality of the rest of Scottish football.

Anything can happen in Cup ties. Take the semi....Nisbet scores that penalty and it's as good as over. The Final, if we were all being honest, was over by halftime being 2-0 down. We were all delighted we surprisingly managed to fight back and take it to extra time and penalties. Kingsley scores that penalty it takes the pressure of Wighton a little bit for his, we win the Cup. Cup ties are a lottery so you take the good with the bad. League games however are different. It's the bread and butter. 

Your last point. The Premier is as poor as i remember it. Rangers have next to no competition, Celtic will improve with a new manager and players, Hibs are in third which is ridiculous with their defence, Livingston went unbeaten in 14 games...Livingston! A team that would normally be amongst the Hamilton's and St Mirrens for a relegation battle. Aberdeen are nowhere near the team they were hence Hibs being as high up as they are. Motherwell have fallen apart, Ross County who barely anyone knew about a few years ago have been safe in that League for a while now and Dundee Utd's heyday is well over. They are as inconsistent as anyone else around them. Clubs the likes of Hamilton are used to a relegation battle and know how to get away from it. However, when we get promoted, the lack of desire and commitment from our own players concerns me. The type of football we've been force-fed the last few years walks right into the Hamilton's and St Mirrens hands. I don't think it's really about over-estimating the rest of Scottish football but more of under-estimating the regular bottom sixers even though the quality is poor. They fight, scratch and commit for every point. Could we confidently say we would be able to do that in a higher league while passing side to side and back in the feint hope that teams will come out at us?

We need to get back to playing for the shirt and the pride of HMFC. Players need to know what's expected of them as soon as they sign on the dotted line. I wouldn't be confident in finishing higher than mid-table at best next season unless there's a big change in player quality and upturn in standards.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Right now. Promotion. Just get that done first and foremost! 

But going forward top 4. Every season. That should be the minimum from the size of club we are in this country. With the amount of money we put into this club. Actually just with the sheer financial advantage we have over all but four other clubs in this country! And two of them we regularly outsell with season tickets. And usually have bigger crowds than! We should be competing for trophies every season. Not saying we should be winning them every season. But we should always be one of the favourites outside the old firm. 

I keenly await several reply’s from people telling me I’m asking to much. And how I might as well just add the champions league to my outrageous list of demands! 😂

One thing we can all agree on is that we should never ever be anywhere near the championship ever again! Regardless of the leagues being called early. We should have never been in the position to go down in the first place! 

18Jambo_dave74

I’d like us to play with commitment and desire. Personally, Id also like to see us playing at a high tempo.

What the formation and style looks like is not such a big concern if we’re doing the above. 

Ultimately though it’s about winning games and to be honest we’ve been absolutely rotten at doing that for years now. 

We were dire to watch under Csaba but he got us to 3rd place. A lot of the football under Sergio was really dull but he was ultimately successful. Under JJ (second time) and Levein (first time) we played up to Kyle and De Vries early and then looked to play off them.

On the flip side, under Stendel we played high energy, high tempo, risky football which sounds great however it didn’t work and he should have been more pragmatic with his style.

Generally if we’re winning games and the players are giving everything then that’s all I would ask for. Obviously the circumstances this season are different and I’d like to us playing at a better level.

I expect to watch a team that are up for every single game, rain, snow or sun. I want to see a team that play on the front foot with aggression and creativity. I want to see more integration of youth players into the first team. I want to actually know what Robbies philosophy is, how he wants his team to play etc. because its not clear from performances thus far what he's trying to do. I'm dubious on if he could win the league with a team that didn't have the biggest budget in the league. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I expect to watch a team that are up for every single game, rain, snow or sun. I want to see a team that play on the front foot with aggression and creativity. I want to see more integration of youth players into the first team. I want to actually know what Robbies philosophy is, how he wants his team to play etc. because its not clear from performances thus far what he's trying to do. I'm dubious on if he could win the league with a team that didn't have the biggest budget in the league. 

👍

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The style, and attitude, of the team comes directly from the manager, whoever that is. In my time of following Hearts, since the 60s, we have never had a consistent way of playing, due to the different ideas of all the managers we have had. 

John Harvey, an easy appointment by a terrible board. We never hit many highs, with getting past Rangers to get to the 1968 cup final the exception. He tried to play attacking football but with our board running the club, we were never much of a threat.

Bobby Seith, something different and, the season after 1.1.73, he had us starting the season in great style, but it fell away by October. Quite an innovator, he introduced the pre match warm up into Hearts, after seeing similar in Holland. 

John Hagart, initially galvanised the team. We went on a tremendous unbeaten run which ended in unfortunate circumstances at Ibrox. Sadly, he was in charge when we got relegated for the first time. Again, little support from the board. Got us to another cup final.

Willie Ormond tried to play attacking football, but the finances of the club didn't help him.

Alex MacDonald got Hearts playing a brave style of "up and at them" football with great style and ambition. A complete turnaround from the previous styles. Very unfortunate not to win the league.

Jim Jeffries brought a style of attacking football that none of my generation had seen before. Almost won the league, but did win the cup. Showed how it should be done. When he came back, we again hit a style of attacking football that had us dreaming.

Craig Levein had us playing a decent attacking game, most of time, but then became more cautious as his player budget was squeezed. Gave us some great European experiences with his tactical knowledge and found a few good players who excited us like Fuller, Valois and De Vries. When he came back, he was a spent force with negative ideas.

Craig Burley, like Jefferies, had us playing great, exciting football, which we'll likely never see again. Probably the last coach we had, discounting the Romanov era of managers in place for a few months, apart from Jefferies return, who had us playing a consistent attacking style without fear of going to Glasgow.

In between all of these managers, we've had others who tried to play attacking football but didn't have the players or support from the board, and others who bored the pants off us.

In all of these periods of having an attack minded coach, the club enjoyed big crowds and a positive vibe to all at the club. Football fans, whilst ultimately wanting positive results, still like to be entertained by a team wanting to score goals and have them on the edge of their seats. Playing careful, dull football just turns fans away.

Attending football matches is now very expensive, when we can go along. It's not too big a stretch to expect a club of Hearts stature within the Scottish game to have an ambition to entertain on the way to some success. 

I can’t disagree with any of that, but I can recall Jim Jefferies, in his second spell, by quite a number of posters on here (clueless) being referred to a as a dinosaur and tactically naive.

On 13/02/2021 at 14:46, Lone Striker said:

Honesty would be a good start.  Call a spade a spade.  If we're crap like last night, say so.  No need to name culprits, but just admit that we weren't good enough for what Hearts fans expect.   Stop blaming the refs.    

Coach  players how to shoot accurately from 20-25  yards on the run. 

Overall, get Hearts playing an attacking high-energy style.   To quote George Burley before we'd even kicked a ball back in summer of 2005 - "I'm a 3-2 manager, not a 1-0 manager".      Personally, I can accept defeats so long as we've given it a right good go and  players have shown adequate hunger and desire to  attack the opposition goal.   

The main man before Romanov's ego took a severe hiding and he lost the plot.

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I can’t disagree with any of that, but I can recall Jim Jefferies, in his second spell, by quite a number of posters on here (clueless) being referred to a as a dinosaur and tactically naive.

To be fair, although I love JJ for all he did for us, he did get outsmarted by some other coaches in the seasons after 97/98.

Most annoyingly, McLeish, when he was at Hibs.

But his attacking approach and demands of maximum effort made his teams attractive to watch.

He was undone in 97/98, in my opinion, by Colin Cameron’s injury. The story went that he asked the owners to finance a transfer in to cover while he recovered, but they couldn’t oblige.

In his second spell, the injury to Kevin Kyle was a big blow to his team. He was a talisman and leader within that team.

It could be argued that Craig Levein, first time round, was one of our better tactical coaches. Paulo Sergio the same.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

To be fair, although I love JJ for all he did for us, he did get outsmarted by some other coaches in the seasons after 97/98.

Most annoyingly, McLeish, when he was at Hibs.

But his attacking approach and demands of maximum effort made his teams attractive to watch.

He was undone in 97/98, in my opinion, by Colin Cameron’s injury. The story went that he asked the owners to finance a transfer in to cover while he recovered, but they couldn’t oblige.

In his second spell, the injury to Kevin Kyle was a big blow to his team. He was a talisman and leader within that team.

It could be argued that Craig Levein, first time round, was one of our better tactical coaches. Paulo Sergio the same.

Yes I loved JJs Hearts team , the way they played, it was risk and reward football, the most exciting in 50 years of watching Hearts

My point is you are never ever going to keep the support 100% satisfied, You don’t get managers like JJ and BB anymore, HR dept would have them sacked within a fortnight.

Neilsons football is not pleasing on the eye, and he will always have his critics, but you cannot argue with his record at Hearts, the most successful statistically in Hearts history, be careful what you wish for, it was dramatically downhill when he left last time

I would also say the same to Aberdeen fans re McInnes

Honestly, I expect us to be consistently the 'best of the rest', qualifying for Europe and winning the odd trophy. I'd love more, but realistically, that's not going to happen overnight.

As for who achieves it, or how they do it? I don't really care. Good football is nice and all, but as long as we get results, that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Honestly, I expect us to be consistently the 'best of the rest', qualifying for Europe and winning the odd trophy. I'd love more, but realistically, that's not going to happen overnight.

As for who achieves it, or how they do it? I don't really care. Good football is nice and all, but as long as we get results, that's all that matters.

Can you see Robbie delivering all of the above?? 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Can you see Robbie delivering all of the above?? 

In the one and a half season's that he spent in the top flight managing us, he did that. What's to say he can't do it again?

Just now, Locky said:

In the one and a half season's that he spent in the top flight managing us, he did that. What's to say he can't do it again?

Time will tell, how many new signings do you think he will have to sign to achieve this? 

SectionDJambo
Just now, jbee647 said:

Yes I loved JJs Hearts team , the way they played, it was risk and reward football, the most exciting in 50 years of watching Hearts

My point is you are never ever going to keep the support 100% satisfied, You don’t get managers like JJ and BB anymore, HR dept would have them sacked within a fortnight.

Neilsons football is not pleasing on the eye, and he will always have his critics, but you cannot argue with his record at Hearts, the most successful statistically in Hearts history, be careful what you wish for, it was dramatically downhill when he left last time

I would also say the same to Aberdeen fans re McInnes

I wouldn’t suggest removing Robbie. But he needs to realise that the fans are not very happy with the way he sets up his teams, on many occasions, against teams we should be trying to dominate.

Hearts fans want to get behind an exciting, attacking team, not a set up of more than one holding midfield player and one forward. One forward works if you have midfield players going beyond that forward. It doesn’t if he usually ends up being the only Hearts man in the opposition box, as happens too often, currently, in a division where we should confident of overcoming every other team.

If he is so cautious about playing QOS away, how is he going to set up when we go to Premiership grounds next season?

He has to show a bit of adventure and risk. If this approach was explained positively to Hearts fans, I reckon that most would take a few defeats along the way, knowing that we are having a real go at winning each game.

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Time will tell, how many new signings do you think he will have to sign to achieve this? 

It will take a bit of a revamp no doubt, but his signings have been good so far. He's signed what we need and they've all done a bit of a job to an extent. Obviously Frear and Roberts aren't great, but we've had a lot worse.

It'll take a year or 2 I think, for us to truly reap the rewards but he's slowly pulling us in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

It will take a bit of a revamp no doubt, but his signings have been good so far. He's signed what we need and they've all done a bit of a job to an extent. Obviously Frear and Roberts aren't great, but we've had a lot worse.

It'll take a year or 2 I think, for us to truly reap the rewards but he's slowly pulling us in the right direction.

Kind of agree as they have made good signings but the fact he can't seem to get a tune out of them worries me. 

If were going to sign wingers get some that can beat a man FFS Frear Roberts GMS have been honking and the Dutch guy was pretty quiet the other night