Toby Sibbick

Bunny Munro

Playing tonight for Barnsley vs Chelsea. On BBC1.

He doesn't get glandular fever and we stay up. Thought he looked very decent against Rangers.

Edited by Bunny Munro

6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Playing tonight for Barnsley vs Chelsea. On BBC1.

He doesn't get glandular fever and we stay up. Thought he looked very decent against Rangers.

Only if he couldn't also play in goals. As shite as we were, we had a cardboard cut out in goals and that more than anything cost us our place in the league.

I P Knightley

On of my sons thinks he is a Chelsea supporter and came up to tell me that Sibbick's having a great game with one of the Chelsea players "in his pocket".

Apparently we should have kept him.

I don't remember - was he a loan?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

On of my sons thinks he is a Chelsea supporter and came up to tell me that Sibbick's having a great game with one of the Chelsea players "in his pocket".

Apparently we should have kept him.

I don't remember - was he a loan?

Yes, from Barnsley. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought he had an energy about him. 

How good he is I don't know but he certainly looked as if he had the attitude to succeed 

It’s nice that Micah Richards has clearly lost his nerves from his early pundit appearances and the directors have told him to calm down the constant mad laughter. He’s now doing the BBC and BT or Sky, can’t remember which, so will be making a decent living out of it. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought he had an energy about him. 

How good he is I don't know but he certainly looked as if he had the attitude to succeed 

Exactly what I took from seeing him, great energy and clearly a good engine to be an effective spoiling midfielder or a pacy centre half. 

That was a terrific tackle.

Only witnessed the Rangers game he played for us (didn't we all) and he looked good.

The lad is quality.

Edited by martoon

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s nice that Micah Richards has clearly lost his nerves from his early pundit appearances and the directors have told him to calm down the constant mad laughter. He’s now doing the BBC and BT or Sky, can’t remember which, so will be making a decent living out of it. 

I like him. He puts a bit of thought into it and has enthusiasm for the game. Rather him than Shearer and his constant stream of tired cliches.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I like him. He puts a bit of thought into it and has enthusiasm for the game. Rather him than Shearer and his constant stream of tired cliches.

I like him as well, it was just that bloody laugh. You could tell he was nervous and trying to find his TV persona. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

That was a terrific tackle.

Only witnessed the Rangers game he played for us (didn't we all) and he looked good.

The lad is quality.

First half of his other game in Perth he was excellent - as were Hearts. Only Joel's inability to keep out a sclaffed shot (straight through him as usual) kept us from 2-0 at HT. Second half was a completely different story  (lucky to get a point with Clare's last minute bullet) but Toby was not feeling well and went off about halfway through - and never played for us again.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I like him as well, it was just that bloody laugh. You could tell he was nervous and trying to find his TV persona. 

Think that was when he first started appearing on the Jeff Stelling thing. As you say, came on a bit from that 👍

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He's quite good with Roy Keane lol. There are a few videos of him winding him up off air doing the rounds on social media. 

He's also very honest about his experience of being a pro footballer which is sometimes quite interesting to listen to. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's quite good with Roy Keane lol. There are a few videos of him winding him up off air doing the rounds on social media. 

He's also very honest about his experience of being a pro footballer which is sometimes quite interesting to listen to. 

Must look out for the Keane stuff 👍

It’s been a good last few minutes of the game. Chelsea must be wondering what the hell is going on as Barnsley are buzzing around all over the place snapping at their heels. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That boy that has just come on deserves a medal, Orlando to Barnsley, culture shock of epic proportions 

How many more players are we going to use that excuse with?

If we had Gordon last season we stay up

If Sibbick wasn't ill we stay up.

If Haring was fit we stay up.

If Pereira wasn't born we stay up.

Basically if we had a decent team we stay up.

4 minutes ago, JTJ said:

First half of his other game in Perth he was excellent - as were Hearts. Only Joel's inability to keep out a sclaffed shot (straight through him as usual) kept us from 2-0 at HT. Second half was a completely different story  (lucky to get a point with Clare's last minute bullet) but Toby was not feeling well and went off about halfway through - and never played for us again.

Cheers, JTJ.

I wasn't there (home games only for me these...ahem, those days😊) and wasn't sure if he'd played again.

He moves around the pitch so comfortably. Impresses me as much tonight as he did that day v. Rangers.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

That boy that has just come on deserves a medal, Orlando to Barnsley, culture shock of epic proportions 

Never been to either but...😄

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Why do folk refer to adults as ‘boys’ ?

🤷🏿‍♂️

Just the strangest thing.

Adult males would ruin the damn thing. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

Oh, you castle boys are just a laugh. 

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

It's nothing to be ashamed of of persecuted for. In fact, many people are proud of it and I would happily call myself a Proud Boy!! ;)

I P Knightley
24 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You would happily call yourself a racist bigot? Why? 

Sorry. We've not met.

I tend to post with tongue firmly in cheek.

It was a play on words.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Adult males would ruin the damn thing. 

Fair point, ri.  👍

Brilliant song as well, btw.  

6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh, you castle boys are just a laugh. 

Here, Mr Raeburn?  

How come you're sticking your nose in here?

50 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's nothing to be ashamed of of persecuted for. In fact, many people are proud of it and I would happily call myself a Proud Boy!! ;)

🙀. Does one not stop being a ‘boy’ on leaving your teens though?

49 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You would happily call yourself a racist bigot? Why? 

@I P Knightley posts lightheartedly most of the time, Rave.

I’m pretty sure this was one of these occasions.  I actually find him to be very amusing, if truth be told.

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@I P Knightley posts lightheartedly most of the time, Rave.

I’m pretty sure this was one of these occasions.  I actually find him to be very amusing, if truth be told.

Aww shucks! :blush:

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Here, Mr Raeburn?  

How come you're sticking your nose in here?

We Raeburn omnipotents must keep the Castle hoi polloi in check. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We Raeburn omnipotents must keep the Castle hoi polloi in check. 

You’re such a snob.

Keep up the good work, boy.  👍

Hello from Barnsley. Glad you enjoyed watching Sibbick on Thursday.  I honestly think but for glandular fever he would be a Hearts player because Struber didn't want him. Manager no.3 ( big Val) in his time with us clearly sees what Daniel does and he's had his chance and taken it.

It's always nice to hear what other fans think of our players,  who else stood out ?

On 11/02/2021 at 20:17, Rudy T said:

Only if he couldn't also play in goals. As shite as we were, we had a cardboard cut out in goals and that more than anything cost us our place in the league.

100% this. The main reason we got demoted was because of one player, and the managers who insisted on keeping on picking him in goals.

Ex member of the SaS

Thought Tony was a great player and also thought his " illness" was more to do with how he was treated/ tactics than being too sick to play.

On 13/02/2021 at 03:54, Redhelen said:

Hello from Barnsley. Glad you enjoyed watching Sibbick on Thursday.  I honestly think but for glandular fever he would be a Hearts player because Struber didn't want him. Manager no.3 ( big Val) in his time with us clearly sees what Daniel does and he's had his chance and taken it.

It's always nice to hear what other fans think of our players,  who else stood out ?

Mowatt and Brittan, your teams doing well this season Red all the best 👍

On 14/02/2021 at 14:40, Bongo 1874 said:

Mowatt and Brittan, your teams doing well this season Red all the best 👍

Thanks.  It's great not having the threat of relegation hanging over us. I'm liking big Val, just want to be able to be back at Oakwell in person!

Keeping a clean sheet versus a very good Blackburn side currently.   Slow but good positioning.   Good strength in challenges, wins headers. 

The goal was good too.   Not Toby. 

kingantti1874
On 13/02/2021 at 14:30, Ex member of the SaS said:

Thought Tony was a great player and also thought his " illness" was more to do with how he was treated/ tactics than being too sick to play.

Eh? How he was treated/tactics? I don’t understand what you mean at all.