Ukrfut24 podcast featuring Heart of Midlothian

Shaggy2

A couple of weeks back I was asked to chat about Hearts with a Ukraine based journalist.    He’s doing a ‘tour’ of Scotland’s clubs and I was a bit unsure given the calibre of guests from other clubs; Dunfermline will be Declan McManus and Hibs had Rob Jones, for example and btw, he really hates Hearts!

Anyway, I did it and hope folk might be interested. It’s different from the week to week reactions on other podcasts, more about history and my memories of the 80’s/90’s.

Give it a listen if you have a free hour. I’d be cheesing to get more hits than Rob Jones. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/7788631-ukrfut24-podcast-heart-of-midlothian-special

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Tough crowd in here tonight.

I listened to it, not much older than you so I could relate to many of your experiences. 👍

Haha, thanks for listening. I’m a boring old fart but I promised Adam that Hearts would get him plenty hits cos we’re massive! 

14 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Why does he hate Hearts?

He said the rivalry was horrible, he didn’t like us then went on to mention pound coins being thrown at Lennon as an example. Said his favourite games were derbies because he’s 6’7” and up for a fight. 

On 03/02/2021 at 12:20, Shaggy2 said:

A couple of weeks back I was asked to chat about Hearts with a Ukraine based journalist.    He’s doing a ‘tour’ of Scotland’s clubs and I was a bit unsure given the calibre of guests from other clubs; Dunfermline will be Declan McManus and Hibs had Rob Jones, for example and btw, he really hates Hearts!

Anyway, I did it and hope folk might be interested. It’s different from the week to week reactions on other podcasts, more about history and my memories of the 80’s/90’s.

Give it a listen if you have a free hour. I’d be cheesing to get more hits than Rob Jones. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/7788631-ukrfut24-podcast-heart-of-midlothian-special

Had an a couple hours drive for work today so thought I would get a we listen really enjoyed it , cheers mates 👍

Nice one, thanks. Guy PM’d me today to say it got to number 93 in the apple sports podcast charts for the UK. Told me that’s a good performance for a Ukraine based podcast and he’s grateful to the Hearts support. 

Diadora Van Basten

Rob Jones will be best known for bringing out the best save I have ever seen.

There used to be a really cool picture of it in the ticket office.

5 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Good stuff mate @Shaggy2

Cheers, G. A good guy that I spent another half hour talking with about his team, Sheffield Utd and also about Scotland. He had to chase me cos Ukraine are two hours ahead and it was nearly midnight! That’s what he gets for letting me slaver about football. 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to @ukrfut24 for letting me know that their tour of Scotland ratings has @JamTarts  ahead by a distance. 7,000 folk have listened to me talking about my favourite football team. Amazing!

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Enjoyed that !

Thank you. I’m gobsmacked at how well it’s done. Given the calibre of representatives of other clubs, to be the best rated one (so far) is incredible.