Halliday

NB GIN

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Christ.

Battle to bottle is only one letter.

That sums up too many of our team.

It’s the lack of desire that annoys me. I compare this team with the one that won the Championship the last time we were there. We had a team of battlers and workers then. You really could not say that about quite a number that pulled on the jersey on Saturday.  It took them till we were three nil down to show anything at all.  That has to change and change quickly. Totally unacceptable for any Hearts team to find themselves 3 nil down at Tynecastle playing  Raith Rovers. Tuesday night should be interesting. For me nothing short of a win is acceptable after last nights shambles. I hope Robbie makes that crystal clear to them. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DETTY29

• Deevers

• Pasquale for King

• Barney bulge

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s the lack of desire that annoys me. I compare this team with the one that won the Championship the last time we were there. We had a team of battlers and workers then. You really could not say that about quite a number that pulled on the jersey on Saturday.  It took them till we were three nil down to show anything at all.  That has to change and change quickly. Totally unacceptable for any Hearts team to find themselves 3 nil down at Tynecastle playing  Raith Rovers. Tuesday night should be interesting. For me nothing short of a win is acceptable after last nights shambles. I hope Robbie makes that crystal clear to them. 

Imo,  we have a formation that is designed to start quickly, get into games and put opposition under pressure and to hopefully to bed. 

And it's worked for a few games.  But if the other teams starts a bit quicker we are so far off the pace for long spells of the rest of the game.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Imo,  we have a formation that is designed to start quickly, get into games and put opposition under pressure and to hopefully to bed. 

And it's worked for a few games.  But if the other teams starts a bit quicker we are so far off the pace for long spells of the rest of the game.

We just never got going in the first half at all. Pedestrian. That has to change this week.

14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Me too

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The team might be designed to do that with the emphasis on attacking players, but it's the players themselves that have to be up for it, and I haven't seen it very often this season, if at all.

He is more anonymous than Olly Lee with less ability when he does decide to get on the ball .

Get tae f—k 

going nowhere with him in team, 

husref musemic
7 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s worse than Andy Watson. We’re stinking. 

steady on. I get that he's bang average & lazy but that's some insult !

Apologies if answered already. Did he sign a 1 or 2 year deal. Hoping its the former, did not want at the time and looks like a terrible signing. I get the signing players with experience, but he was mince at The Zombies and brings nothing as far as I can see, 

9 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Apologies if answered already. Did he sign a 1 or 2 year deal. Hoping its the former, did not want at the time and looks like a terrible signing. I get the signing players with experience, but he was mince at The Zombies and brings nothing as far as I can see, 

2 year deal I think.

obviously didn’t think he was as good as damour as just gave him the 4 !!!!

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

He’s a squad player. If we ever went back to a back 3 then would play Kingsley Lcb and Halliday left wing backs 

Left back in the changing room 

• 2 weeks later...

Needs to bin this nonsense. All for doing media work but just focus on the football for now

We’ll be playing Rangers next year and one of our players is going on like a wee fanboy. Makes us look tinpot 

Edited by R1874

Don't actually mind him as a player or even his chit chat with Kyle and Ferry which is a bit light fluff. 

But aye, he's taking the piss now doing it in a national newspaper. He's clearly more focused on building his orc credentials for a future job on Rangers TV than he is playing for Hearts.

Get him feckin launched ASAP. 

I still have yet to see Halliday have an effective game for us.

Clearly too busy writing the next sh@te script for his abundance of two-bit TV and Radio appearances , when he discusses all things Orc !

Bin Him !

2 hours ago, husref musemic said:

what's on Andy Halliday's mind whilst gracing us with his presence..... 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6625603/andy-halliday-rangers-celtic-team-missing/

Have to say, I ****ING hate this. Always said I'd have hated being a Killie supporter and having Boyd mouthing and being an OF sycophant in the media. Plenty other examples.

Total lack of respect. If that's harsh, so be it.

Peddling the status quo: the theory that Scottish football revolves around the OF. Players at every club in the country "boyhood ger/hoop" closes in on dream move. All that nauseating shite which has hampered our game for years.

Hearts should have a media clause in contracts procluding players from talking about other clubs. In fact procluding media duties outwith those representing Hearts.

Shit, we should have a clause that if you don't openly and wholeheartedly hate the OF and show them nothing but disdain you can away and play for St Mirren.

I've been a moan recently, probably lockdown related, but this? This is something I will always hate.

I actually don't want him at the club. He might turn that round by performance of course as football is fickle, but I wish it was a 1 year deal and we could say thanks and bye ASAP.

Edited by TheBigO

Halliday is one of the lads, meaning a likeable gadgy who loves a laugh and joke with Robbie, Jig & Gordon. On the pitch he gets away with murder. Tackles , passing, showing for the ball he is guilty of being anonymous. I really don’t care what Halliday does on Friday because he has cheated and conned his way through games and it amazes me how the men in the dugout can’t see what we all see.

On 24/01/2021 at 22:26, Newton51 said:

He’s a squad player. If we ever went back to a back 3 then would play Kingsley Lcb and Halliday left wing backs 

Give us a break. I’m sorry but Halliday as a wing back is not on.

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He gives more than half our team did last season - he is a good addition to squad 

Heart's in the right place. 😁

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Don't actually mind him as a player or even his chit chat with Kyle and Ferry which is a bit light fluff. 

But aye, he's taking the piss now doing it in a national newspaper. He's clearly more focused on building his orc credentials for a future job on Rangers TV than he is playing for Hearts.

Get him feckin launched ASAP. 

The article is based on his latest open goal appearance. Not actually an interview with the paper. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu
31 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Have to say, I ****ING hate this. Always said I'd have hated being a Killie supporter and having Boyd mouthing and being an OF sycophant in the media. Plenty other examples.

Peddling the status quo: the theory that Scottish football revolves around the OF. Players at every club in the country "boyhood ger/hoop" closes in on dream move. All that nauseating shite which has hampered our game for years.

Hearts should have a media clause in contracts procluding players from talking about other clubs. In fact procluding media duties outwith those representing Hearts.

Shit, we should have a clause that if you don't openly and wholeheartedly hate the OF and show them nothing but disdain you can away and play for St Mirren.

I've been a moan recently, probably lockdown related, but this? This is something I will always hate.

I actually don't want him at the club. He might turn that round by performance of course as football is fickle, but I wish it was a 1 year deal and we could say thanks and bye ASAP.

Fantastic post. Wholeheartedly agree. 

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Don’t read that rag. Is he good at the media stuff? Should maybe do it full time cos he offers nowt most games.

Biggest disappointment since Glen Whelan 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Don’t read that rag. Is he good at the media stuff? Should maybe do it full time cos he offers nowt most games.

Biggest disappointment since Glen Whelan 

Duno mate, don't really take any notice of media not posted on here if truth be told!

You have a good point though.  My feelings on this wouldn't be different if he was storming it, it'd still stick in my craw, but the fact he's been a ghost for us so far, well, doesn't help.

Footballers can have other business interests, of course, wee side hustles etc.  But to be in the public domain fauning over the OF is sickening.

2 hours ago, R1874 said:

Needs to bin this nonsense. All for doing media work but just focus on the football for now

We’ll be playing Rangers next year and one of our players is going on like a wee fanboy. Makes us look tinpot 

I agree. He's 29 not 33. His focus should be entirely on Hearts. Being an OF rentaquote isn't something which is endearing him to the support. We all knew signing him that he's a big Rangers fan which is absolutely fine and I totally expect the odd comment here and there about them. Thats his club and its fine. But he's hardly set the heather alight playing at a lower level and doing media work whilst not doing great in his day job is disappointing. 

I have no issue with him doing small amounts of media work here and there and even some internal stuff if he wants to build experience, but his focus needs to be on the day job. Next season is a step up in quality and if wants to play next year he can't be juggling what looks like not insignificant media commitments with the demands of playing for a club that should be aiming for best of the rest (3rd). 

Nelly Terraces
47 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Halliday is one of the lads, meaning a likeable gadgy who loves a laugh and joke with Robbie, Jig & Gordon. On the pitch he gets away with murder. Tackles , passing, showing for the ball he is guilty of being anonymous. I really don’t care what Halliday does on Friday because he has cheated and conned his way through games and it amazes me how the men in the dugout can’t see what we all see.

Totally agree. Offers absolutely nothing & on a nice wee jolly with us. Taking the total piss. 

Thing is I don't think I would care about this stuff as much if he wasn't so invisible in matches, the guy needs to buckle down and show he can compete with part timers for a while though, set the rangers cheerleading to one side 

3 hours ago, husref musemic said:

what's on Andy Halliday's mind whilst gracing us with his presence..... 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6625603/andy-halliday-rangers-celtic-team-missing/

That about sums him up. 

He plays for us, gets paid by us and all he can do is bleat on about his beloved Rangers on social media. 

Plus he is a pish football player. 

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Thing is I don't think I would care about this stuff as much if he wasn't so invisible in matches, the guy needs to buckle down and show he can compete with part timers for a while though, set the rangers cheerleading to one side 

As I said when he signed, very few will care much about his meeja work...as long as he plays well. 😕

If he was putting in stellar performances every week it wouldn’t even be an issue. But unfortunately he’s been absolutely ***ing gash since the day he joined. 

Bin. Offer him a PPV season ticket for his heroes. Which is more than he’s worth. 

There is no way Halliday will get away with this nonsense when we have crowds back at Tynecastle, he will be hounded for his level of performance, commitment to the club and his ala/Kris Boyd style Rangers love in nonsense 

In fact I fully expect that we will move him on in the summer, no one to blame but himself 

This is Hearts, Andy, we are not a Killie , St Mirren tinpot club

Agree with most of the comments on here but I would like to state he's only doing the podcast that he was doing before. It's nothing to do with him that rags are picking it up and making articles/headlines.

If we want to get to where we want to be then I think he'd be decent cover but I'm sure Joe is planning on sweeping changes, especially in midfield.