• Heartsofgold

• Bazzas right boot

• upgotheheads

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Raith at home Saturday 23rd January.

Raith away Tuesday 26th.

Dunfermline home Saturday 30th.

Three wins and we've nailed it imo.

Three wins, it's all over.  7 points (my guess), still all over.  5/6, not amazing, but don't think we will lose ground.

The teams behind us will simply lose more points than us.  I don't see anyone, other than us, maintaining consistency to the level of a challenge.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s already all over. 

No, it's not.  Win these 3 games and it is.  Surely you've been a HMFC supporter long enough to avoid saying things like that!!!

StevenNaismith
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No, it's not.  Win these 3 games and it is.  Surely you've been a HMFC supporter long enough to avoid saying things like that!!!

The rest of the teams in this league are all around the same level and as such will continually drop points. We will win every game at Tynecastle and most away from home as well. Having GMS and Ginnelly will see us win most games with their pace and creativity.

25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

The rest of the teams in this league are all around the same level and as such will continually drop points. We will win every game at Tynecastle and most away from home as well. Having GMS and Ginnelly will see us win most games with their pace and creativity.

Maybe but teams will come to Tynie and try and frustrate us.  Dunfermline and Dundee have beaten us this year in the league and will give us problems.  Raith are an unknown quantity in the league and have produced some decent results.  It would be foolish to dismiss these teams.  We've all seen Hearts lose or draw simpler games than these that we should have easily won.

35 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If the Raith games go ahead that is....

I think the last date of the self isolating for the players is this Friday.

Not how the testing works this week for these players.

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Maybe but teams will come to Tynie and try and frustrate us.  Dunfermline and Dundee have beaten us this year in the league and will give us problems.  Raith are an unknown quantity in the league and have produced some decent results.  It would be foolish to dismiss these teams.  We've all seen Hearts lose or draw simpler games than these that we should have easily won.

We can get complacent as we want just as long as the players and coaching staff don’t. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Raith away Tuesday 26th.

Yeah I agree 

9 points  

3 clean sheets. 
And goals please!

The Old Tolbooth
20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think the last date of the self isolating for the players is this Friday.

Not how the testing works this week for these players.

Hopefully that works in our favour as they'll have a squad that hasn't trained or played for a bit, we should murder them at home anyway, and I'd take any win away. 

avhudtheteeshirt

I hark back to Alloa in the league then the cup, easy win at home, then too complacent in the cup!!!!

It is never easy to just say we'll win, you've got to do it, not talk about it!!!

Remember everyone in this league says we'll win it, then do everything to try and stop us!!!!!!

Edited by avhudtheteeshirt

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s already all over. 

Correct!

The league cup loss really annoys me because the league was ours before the first game kicked off! Even with some of the dross in our squad we should win this at a canter, I hope (if it kicks off again) we have a real good go at the Scottish Cup. Signings in Jan should be made with that and next season in mind!

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

43 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Dunfermline and Dundee didn’t beat us we beat ourselves in those games by not taking multiple chances and playing shit for over half the game. We are a far better team than any other in this league and more consistent but even then you can’t gift teams 2-0 leads and go on to win every game. Someone asked me if I give Dundee or Dunfermline any credit in beating us. No not really. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dunfermline and Dundee didn’t beat us we beat ourselves in those games by not taking multiple chances and playing shit for over half the game. We are a far better team than any other in this league and more consistent but even then you can’t gift teams 2-0 leads and go on to win every game. Someone asked me if I give Dundee or Dunfermline any credit in beating us. No not really. 

But we still lost.  As Dave said, the team and management need to avoid all complacency.

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Bit silly. We were well beaten by Dundee. 

We will still romp the league by 15 points. 

10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

But we still lost.  As Dave said, the team and management need to avoid all complacency.

Complacency is the only worry we have. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

This!

Horatio Caine
43 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Yeah I agree 

9 points  

3 clean sheets. 
And goals please!

Clean sheets?  Now that would be a novelty!

7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Bit silly. We were well beaten by Dundee. 

We will still romp the league by 15 points. 

We weren’t well beaten by Dundee , we were beaten because we didn’t take our chances even though we had played badly and gifted them goals we should have taken at least a point. Dundee didn’t play that well in the game. Same at Dunfermline. 

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Yes we still lost but we lost because of ourselves not anything Dundee did. Don’t think you will find Robbie will be complacent. Some of the players it may be a different story though

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Who knows, if certain people get their way these games may not even happen. We'll find out tonight.

Is there an announcement due?

Just now, sadj said:

We weren’t well beaten by Dundee , we were beaten because we didn’t take our chances even though we had played badly and gifted them goals we should have taken at least a point. Dundee didn’t play that well in the game. Same at Dunfermline. 

Yes we still lost but we lost because of ourselves not anything Dundee did. Don’t think you will find Robbie will be complacent. Some of the players it may be a different story though

Sadj, I respect your postings but that is just whataboutery.  We lost!!  Twice!!!!  

It doesn't matter what we did or didn't do, in fact, it simply reinforces my original point.  We cannot take anything for granted when we play.  Until the final whistle blows we can still lose games and have done this year.

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Is there an announcement due?

Championship clubs were given till COB tonight to respond to the SFA/GPFL question regarding continuing to play in the current circumstances.

A_A wehatethehibs

Very confident we'll get maximum points from these games. 

Still some dodgy defending been happening but think we've now got a settled back 5 with Gordon Kingsley Berra Halkett Smith - surely there's got to be enough there for us to get a couple of clean sheets. Theres about 150 national caps there FFS. 

Settled at CM now as well with Irving-Halliday. So it's just about managing the front 4 positions, Naismith, Walker, Boyce, Wighton, Frear, Ginelly - all chipped in with goals to keep the points tally ticking. Roberts and Henderson fired blanks so far, but both look fit enough, so did a job vs Alloa, to manage the fatigue with Naismith and Boyce. They're the big players and they'll both be fresh going into these 3 fixtures. Which in hindsight, was obviously the reason for the risky team selection vs Alloa. Ready to roll out the big guns now.

10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sadj, I respect your postings but that is just whataboutery.  We lost!!  Twice!!!!  

It doesn't matter what we did or didn't do, in fact, it simply reinforces my original point.  We cannot take anything for granted when we play.  Until the final whistle blows we can still lose games and have done this year.

Its not whataboutery its backing up your bottom paragraph. We are on the same page. We wont lose this league because of other teams we will lose it if we don’t play to our potential. We have lost two league games because we didn’t turn up. If we had been played off the park we’d say fair enough it happens in football. We weren’t and thats not acceptable

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Championship clubs were given till COB tonight to respond to the SFA/GPFL question regarding continuing to play in the current circumstances.

So how would they decide this, would they need a simple majority, a veto by any single club? This could lead to complete chaos within the SFA. It certainly seems to have gone quiet, maybe Maxwell is looking for emails in the spam folder.

Edited by upgotheheads

16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Absolutely. Im sure if you go back and look at the build up to the Dundee game on the match thread the consensus was we would struggle and may drop points, and that’s exactly what happened.

Can't see any reason why the Raith game this Saturday will not go ahead. Protocols observed so we play on unless the weather turns very nasty again. Very confident we will take at seven goals off Raith over the two games.

Add in the minimum of three we'll take off Dunfermline and we'll be home and hosed.

Can't see us dropping too many points at Tynecastle and as others have suggested, we'll pick up more away wins than our 'rivals'.

Still conceding too many goals for my liking but by the end of the month our Goal Difference will be better than the rest of the league combined ( we are already plus 19, the others are only at plus 22 ).

Again as others have suggested, league will be won by in excess of 15 points and with many games to spare.

Champers order going in now...........

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They can do what they like. The simple fact is we are light years ahead of anything else in this division. 

The two blips were our own fault. 

Lessons learned and it will be all over by the end of the month. 

🤘🏻👍🏻

Ex member of the SaS

Said before the season started that Dunfermline and Raith were our biggest rivals for the title. Got laughed at!

Beat them in this round and we are well clear.

We’re fine at home which will mostly see us through.  

We’ll do enough away but still have blips, IMO. They may mean nothing in the grand scheme of things as we keep edging ahead. 

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, David Black said:

Complacency is the only worry we have. 

Aye, that and Doncaster, Maxwell and the referee mafia.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good time to hit a bit of form. 

I don't think football will be stopped, win these 3 and it's going to be a healthy cushion,  in a short season in any case 

I thought recently Dundee were emerging as the biggest threat to us recently rather than Dunfermline and Raith

Sure if Charlie Adam was out injured they would have very little though?

Just hope we we wrap it up as soon as and Robbie can give the youngsters a run

Come on the JTs 

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We’re fine at home which will mostly see us through.  

We’ll do enough away but still have blips, IMO. They may mean nothing in the grand scheme of things as we keep edging ahead. 

This , there was no way we would have  gone through this season without dropping points not many teams win leagues without points dropped here and there . 
The so called challengers will take points of each other and they will also drop points to the teams that are in the bottom half of the table .I'm very confident we will win this league with a huge gap between us and second spot 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

How long have Dundee got?

In addition to our games, Raith play Dundee on the 30th. I'd expect points dropped in other games (Ayr might take points off either Dundee or Dunfermline when we are playing Raith, although Ayr away in both games).

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Raith away Tuesday 26th.

We'll be well clear.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Three wins, it's all over.  7 points (my guess), still all over.  5/6, not amazing, but don't think we will lose ground.

The teams behind us will simply lose more points than us.  I don't see anyone, other than us, maintaining consistency to the level of a challenge.

Yip, no ne seems capable of winning say 7/8 out of the next 10 games apart from us. If someone did, say Dundee then they might stay close to us, but I can't see it and by close, like you say that would likely  be 6/7 points still.

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s already all over. 

As good as imo

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Yip

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s never over until the fat lady sings. 

She's warming up.

I still think we'll win at least  22/23 games all season

None else will win more than about 15/16 games.

The good news for some  is that we'll probably lose a couple more so it will all folk to go tonto and slag Budge, Robbie etc.

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Dundee are still in the mix, would be good if they dropped points over this period.  

Rather than their pants, this time around...   :muggy:

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Said before the season started that Dunfermline and Raith were our biggest rivals for the title. Got laughed at!

Beat them in this round and we are well clear.

I wouldn't laugh at that, but I think Dundee will be second behind us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Next Monday for their changed vote.

Good to know, Adam will need a rest soon anyway 🥵.