Crucial period coming up.

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Championship clubs were given till COB tonight to respond to the SFA/GPFL question regarding continuing to play in the current circumstances.

Do you still get 28 days to change your vote?🤨

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Heartsofgold

• Bazzas right boot

• upgotheheads

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to know, Adam will need a rest soon anyway 🥵.

The ban on carry outs and boozing in the street could actually see Adam lose some weight and get fitter.

Pasquale for King
Just now, OldGorgie said:

The ban on carry outs and boozing in the street could actually see Adam lose some weight and get fitter.

Hahahahaha, not being able to get much maintenance done on those new teeth won’t be good for him. 

Pasquale for King

Three wins will be difficult but should be doable, just have to manage some of the players workloads over the three games (GMS/Naisy/Ginnelly) whilst not relying too much on the lesser lights. 

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I agree Adam looks closer to being a jakey than a footballer . Somebody who worked with him in England did say he was a great trainer . Definitely looks a wee bit fitter , thinner in the face

Dundee may indeed end up second with Adam in the team . That left foot does contribute a lot

7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s already all over. 

Thankfully Robbie and the players will not share your opinion!

3 hours ago, Cisco1914 said:

Do you still get 28 days to change your vote?🤨

Only if Lawwell wants you to.....

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn't laugh at that, but I think Dundee will be second behind us.

Me too - unfortunately!

kingantti1874

I demand we score at least 17 and concede no more than 2. We must play with flair.. 

if we do achieve this I will not boo or demand the manager be sacked until something negative happens . Crossed 🤞🏻 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is only one threat to us.

Lawwell.

Nah, Los of threats. 

Covid. 

Brexit. 

Mass unrest, unemployment and a mad max style landscape. 

Nuclear war and the extinction of most life on earth. 

Ebola, lassa virus mutating. 

Climate change and the loss of over 50% of the land and temperatures unable to maintain life. 

Alien invasion and borg style assimilation of the human race. 

Plenty threats out there, sweet dreams. 

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Very confident we'll get maximum points from these games. 

Still some dodgy defending been happening but think we've now got a settled back 5 with Gordon Kingsley Berra Halkett Smith - surely there's got to be enough there for us to get a couple of clean sheets. Theres about 150 national caps there FFS. 

I just had a shudder down my spine thinking  what if we ended up with Pereira for this season.  :ermm:

I’m in the ‘it’s all over’ camp. Not because we’ve been setting the heather alight but because the teams immediately below us can’t achieve a level of consistency that would catch us. 

8 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Until its mathematically impossible which imo should be in 4 games times then we can celebrate 

I think you need to do the maths again 😎

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, Los of threats. 

Covid. 

Brexit. 

Climate change and the loss of over 50% of the land and temperatures unable to maintain life. 

Klaatu Barada Nikto.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Until its mathematically impossible which imo should be in 4 games times then we can celebrate 

How many points we getting for a win, 9?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I demand we score at least 17 and concede no more than 2. We must play with flair.. 

if we do achieve this I will not boo or demand the manager be sacked until something negative happens . Crossed 🤞🏻 

Conceding 2 in unacceptable. 

Should be putting Raith away comfortably at Home regardless of form, circumstances, pitch condition, injuries, covid. 

Raith away is different - would happily scrape a win there.

Dunfermline is obviously trickier but we should have scored a couple of chances last time and I thought a draw would have been a fair result last time round. If we have GMS and Ginelly and a strong CM bought in time we will bury them.

Raith  won’t have trained for a week, so surely this will have disrupted them some what.  Thump them once and then again

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Should be putting Raith away comfortably at Home regardless of form, circumstances, pitch condition, injuries, covid. 

Raith away is different - would happily scrape a win there.

Dunfermline is obviously trickier but we should have scored a couple of chances last time and I thought a draw would have been a fair result last time round. If we have GMS and Ginelly and a strong CM bought in time we will bury them.

Dunfermline are getting messed. 

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Klaatu Barada Nikto.

:levein_interesting:   What position does he play?   :huh:    

:whistling:

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m in the ‘it’s all over’ camp. Not because we’ve been setting the heather alight but because the teams immediately below us can’t achieve a level of consistency that would catch us. 

True ,too busy ramming it up each other,   

Let's hope when we go to Kirkcaldy next week we start the game on the front foot and attack from the start. 

Don't want to witness that first half debacle at Dens again this season. 

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Dunfermline and Dundee didn’t beat us we beat ourselves in those games by not taking multiple chances and playing shit for over half the game. We are a far better team than any other in this league and more consistent but even then you can’t gift teams 2-0 leads and go on to win every game. Someone asked me if I give Dundee or Dunfermline any credit in beating us. No not really. 

Stupid statement.

It was me who asked you. 
Both teams beat us convincingly and until we beat a fellow title contender away from home questions should rightly be asked of our ability to produce in the biggest away league games. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Raith  won’t have trained for a week, so surely this will have disrupted them some what.  Thump them once and then again

More to the point, when can we return to Brussels?

3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not happening now, nor, February maybe March

24 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Stupid statement.

It was me who asked you. 
Both teams beat us convincingly and until we beat a fellow title contender away from home questions should rightly be asked of our ability to produce in the biggest away league games. 

So you said before. You have your opinion I have mine. Your last bit is a completely different point to the one that was being discussed. 

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

eh , say what?

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

By negative you mean a player misplaces one pass after creating five goals prior to the misplaced pass in the game. You have it wrong though we must play with flair but its ok if we win 1-0 doing so or even lose.....

16 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

They’ll be dancing in the streets of Raith on that night

At the start of the season. I said anything between 62 - 67 points should see the league being won.

Out of 14 home games. I have us winning the lot of them. This taking 42 points in total. 

Being honest. We really should win all our home games. 

I said if we win 7 away games, tallying 21 points.

This gives an overall from 21 games played, 63 points. (Which may be enough already.)

This giving us a 6 game leeway, to which we have already lost 2. 

Home games so far. Played 6 won 6 =18 points. 

Away games so far. Played 5 won 3 lost 2 = 9 points. 

Away fixtures Still to play as follows. 

Dunfermline. Already lost. 

Raith x2. Fake pitch to boot, albeit the last game of the season is here. Would hope it's sealed by then.

Inverness. Our record up there isn't great. 

Queen of the South. Plastic pitch. Anything possible. 

Ayr United. Shoddy wee Park. Pitch will be like a tattie field. 

Arbroath. Was very difficult the first time round. 

Morton. They will most likely put 11 men behind the ball again. 

From these 7 remaining away fixtures though. I'd like to think we will win 5 of them. Taking 35 points respectively. Should we take a maximum of 42 at home. This gives us 77 points. With 2 away game results unknown. (See above.)

This in turn should see the league being won after about 22 - 23 games. 

This also goes on the proviso that Dundee and Dunfermline stay in the mix long enough. 

I suppose as the old saying goes in football though. One game at a time. 

It's in our hands. Only ours to lose. 

50 minutes ago, sadj said:

So you said before. You have your opinion I have mine. Your last bit is a completely different point to the one that was being discussed. 

Fair enough. 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

At the start of the season. I said anything between 62 - 67 points should see the league being won.

Out of 14 home games. I have us winning the lot of them. This taking 42 points in total. 

This gives an overall from 21 games played, 63 points. (Which may be enough already.)

Raith x2. Fake pitch to boot, albeit the last game of the season is here. Would hope it's sealed by then.

From these 7 remaining away fixtures though. I'd like to think we will win 5 of them. Taking 35 points respectively. Should we take a maximum of 42 at home. This gives us 77 points. With 2 away game results unknown. (See above.)

This also goes on the proviso that Dundee and Dunfermline stay in the mix long enough. 

It would take a monumental effort for us to win all home league games. I can see maybe a frustrating draw or 2 in there with teams with 10 behind the ball. Hope I’m wrong though. Don’t think we will lose any at home. 

13 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

From these 7 remaining away fixtures though. I'd like to think we will win 5 of them. Taking 15 points respectively. Should we take a maximum of 42 at home. This gives us 67 points. With 2 away game results unknown. (See above.)

Bad math 🙈 

Edit hopefully worked. 

12 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

No, it's not.  Win these 3 games and it is.  Surely you've been a HMFC supporter long enough to avoid saying things like that!!!

Exactly, for 65 years!

This is indeed going to be a crucial run of three games but we are in a good place heading into them with a seven point lead in the league. Having that lead leaves us in a position where the opposition need to win the games more than we do. Which means if we draw any of these matches it hurts them more than it hurts us. We also have the benefit of knowing that we have superior players to Raith and Dunfermline so if we play our best then we will, more than likely, win. 

I'm confident we are going to do well in these matches. Especially with two of them being at Tynecastle. 

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, Los of threats. 

Covid. 

Brexit. 

Biggest threat to us this season is musicians.

They turn up, have the little soirée and leave you pitch balder than Naismith.

12 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:levein_interesting:   What position does he play?   :huh:    

:whistling:

Lone striker. 😂😎

7 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Any word from Raith re being able to fulfill the fixture on Sat? 

Yes, they are quoted as looking forward to it apparently.

We are due someone an absolute hiding, I mean an 8 or 9 nil. Saturday would be a good day for it!

17 hours ago, j1964m said:

Every game should be treated as a cup final because in this league playing hearts is like a cup final to them.

Correct.

19 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Let's hope when we go to Kirkcaldy next week we start the game on the front foot and attack from the start. 

Don't want to witness that first half debacle at Dens again this season. 

or at East End Park. Robbie needs to be positive from the start instead of sitting back and letting the home team get the upper hand - seen it so many times.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

or at East End Park. Robbie needs to be positive from the start instead of sitting back and letting the home team get the upper hand - seen it so many times.

He definitely wants to attack but sometimes the home team starts well and pins us back. It happens. We've done it ourselves when we've played Rangers or Celtic. With GMS and Ginnelly though we should be much more threatening than in recent games, even if not right from the first whistle depending on how the other team starts.