Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So Julien moved seats on the bus but no one gave a shit at the time ?

And isn't this what Killie got hit with originally ie lack of control on the team bus when they didn't have a doctor or club official monitoring what people were doing ?

And Lennon seems to think Celtic did nothing wrong. 

Its almost as if Lawell let Lennon go out and talk utter shite and make him look like an unhinged maniac knowing fine well Julien had moved seats and a 2nd player was positive!?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Celtic and Lennon have not carefully cultivated their mantle of vicTIMhood since 1888 for no good reason. Whenever that club end up in any conflict situation, their opponents and/or the authorities ALWAYS end up stepping back in fear of being accused of sectarianism against those poor celts.

It's their tactic every time ; you're only picking on us because we are kafflick, Oirish blah blah blah...

Absolutely nobody does a persecution complex quite like them.

It's high time others saw them for what they are and started giving them it tight. 

Worst of it is their fans normally lap it up and repeat to anyone and everyone. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

Its almost as if Lawell let Lennon go out and talk utter shite and make him look like an unhinged maniac knowing fine well Julien had moved seats and a 2nd player was positive!?

Agreed. 

Lennon shows no grasp of the facts, the failure to observe protocols or the level of infection in the team. 

And now he's been slaughtered by John Swinney.

Not a good look for "Lenny".  

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And isn't this what Killie got hit with originally ie lack of control on the team bus when they didn't have a doctor or club official monitoring what people were doing ?

Exactly, and when I shared I on twitter an alleged Hearts supporter said I shouldn’t be helping a pile on to Julien. Still not much about how he walked through Glashow airport without a mask on when they knew he had Covid. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Worst of it is their fans normally lap it up and repeat to anyone and everyone. 

Thankfully they’ve seen through it, losing does that I suppose. 

Felix Lighter
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

My 12 year laddie has just made me smile. He was at school yesterday as both me and his mum were at work yesterday as we are key workers. Anyway I'm off today so doing the home schooling.

Yesterday they had a quiz at school.

Question. What is the only venomous snake native to Great Britain?

Son's answer. Neil Lennon.

Well it made me smile.

Must admit I adder laugh at that.:ninja:

Has kb ever done snake puns before?

Whoever is in charge of Celtic’s public relations must be on a helluva long holiday. Either that or their advice is nestling at the bottom of the boss’s bin. By the time any tailspinning plotline can be summed up in one word, in this case “Dubai”, you know you’ve long ago surrendered control of the narrative. When Neil Lennon took a Gatling gun to everyone on Monday, the casualties were piled high and among them were Celtic’s grip on the story, their consistency and their reputation. The fire around them was beginning to die down until the manager applied the bellows and brought it roaring back.

It was an impassioned defence and a deflection from Lennon, compelling and awkward, entertaining but unwise, a premeditated, go-for-the-jugular rant. There were good lines about the hypocrisy of Celtic’s treatment compared to the Scotland players’ conga and the reference to SNP MP Margaret Ferrier getting on a train when she had Covid: sharper observations than the Holyrood opposition usually land. But those were among a scattergun of accusations and justifications and none of the rest landed so well. He gave the impression Celtic should be above criticism and thought it “remarkable” they had only two positive tests. This from a non-essential football trip to the sun, not doing 16-hour nurses’ shifts on a Covid ward.

When a club is cruising, all the moving parts work as smoothly as a Rolls-Royce. Here was the manager publicly contradicting his chief executive. If that was deliberate, there is a breakdown in relations between Lennon and Peter Lawwell which makes the manager’s position untenable. But he gave no indication of that and even mentioned that they speak every day. In that case Lawwell apologising and Lennon effectively withdrawing it amounted to a club which isn’t in command of its message.

Which is it? Are Celtic sorry for going to Dubai or not? Was Lennon aggrieved about Lawwell calling Dubai a mistake and apologising? Was Lawwell angry about the manager rowing back on that and making Celtic front-page news all over again? On Monday afternoon there was not a single tweet on Celtic’s official account which showed or made any reference to the manager’s pre-match media conference. Read into that what you like.

Whatever you call the opposite of damage limitation, that’s what’s coming out of Parkhead. It was very Celtic 2020-21 for a message to be relayed to Lennon midway through the diatribe that another player had tested positive. Imagine how foolish he would have looked had it been, say, five positive cases. The manager was a hostage to fortune there and the conference should not have been scheduled to go ahead while they were actively waiting for live test results given the possible consequences and the “look” of even a single positive.

Last week Lawwell’s own interview was going as well as he could have expected until the throwaway but tactless reference to Covid affecting “our club more than any”. Cue a chorus line of disbelief and anger which could easily have been avoided. Had he been speaking to the general media, he would have been asked to clarify the remark, thus giving him a chance to defuse it. But he was on Celtic TV where in-house journalists serve the club agenda with conditions attached. Trying to use the safest platform backfired. The whole impression is of a club failing and flailing, of internal turbulence and strain.

It is now 17 days since that picture from the Dubai poolside first appeared online. Another emerged the same night of some players in a bar. Sodom and Gomorrah it wasn’t, but public tolerance is negligible and high-profile figures have to be meticulous. Enormous reputational damage was coming Celtic’s way the moment those images were taken. To Lennon, it was monstrously unfair that it could shape the perception of a trip which genuinely would have involved plenty of hard shifts on sun-baked pitches, but he has been around the block often enough to know how it works. While people must endure endless privations at home it is no time for leaders and role models to drop their guard. Celtic did.

The stuff about Celtic being held to a higher standard than others carries little weight. As the most powerful club in the land — club, not team — they do not usually have a problem with enjoying a vast profile and status and mattering to people in every aspect of Scottish society. A club like no other, some of their fans crow. Has the attention been greater and lasted longer because it’s Celtic? Yes. But it would have been a story if any footballers had gone to Dubai and become embroiled in all the drama which spun from it; it’s just that all the other clubs were too poor or had too much common sense, or both, to expose themselves to the risk. And the public health rules would have been applied to others just the same.

If it is front-page material when Nicola Sturgeon takes off her mask for a few minutes at a wake, then Lennon and Scott Brown being pictured with beers at the pool and other players being photographed sitting together in a bar, all a little too close and without masks, well that’s big news too. You don’t need to admire any of our politicians to know that if they were papped in those circumstances their feet wouldn’t touch the ground. From a PR perspective, there should have been all sorts of red flags about a losing team going on a non-essential 7,000-mile round trip during a pandemic.

Unfortunately, all of it felt like a last stand, a Lennon volley because he suspects his days are numbered. Playing the victim card usually lands well with supporters but this time the mood towards the manager still seems to be pretty unforgiving. There has been no “bloodlust” for his removal in the media, and he will know that, but as usual social media has been savage.
Two-thirds into the month there still has not been a peep about the promised New Year review into his future. The club’s Statement set the hares running when it acknowledged
on-field failings and created a time frame to resolve them. Celtic need a single, unambiguous voice telling it straight about what’s happening with the manager. Without that they are drifting on and off the pitch.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Correct.

I'm currently binge watching The Office and Lennon reminds me of an angry , bitter Michael Scott. 

Someone on here used the phrase 'snarling mess' to perfectly describe Lennon.  

The 'no club has been effected more by this pandemic' line won't get beaten this decade.  

They must be deliberately trolling everyone or they are genuine brainwashed.  

They were the cause of all what happened over the summer and no one saying anything and now it's st johnstone who are suddenly the focus of attention.  

Despise both old firm clubs but that lot deserve they get after what they've caused.  Other clubs didn't have to dance to their ****ing tune.  

1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

Must admit I adder laugh at that.:ninja:

Has kb ever done snake puns before?

Christ not another bout of puns please. It’s like Monty Python in here some times

Im off to the transfer thread to see if AdderBoa has signed yet

Edited by JimmyCant

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Christ not another bout of puns please. It’s like Monty Python in here some times

Dont be a rattler of cages, be a king cobra of the thread

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Well that's a fine for them at minimum then - clear breach of protocols. I guess this is why the 3-0 forfeits were overturned because Celtic could have been heading for a few.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You know how Celtic are a club like no other, and the Green Brigade are political etc have any of them questioned why they go every year to somewhere like Dubai and it’s dodgy record on pretty much everything 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?!?!

They're just full of contradictions. Maybe they should just stick to supporting football and leave the politics at home (many people in Scotland including me agree with support for Palestine for example and also think the British state were *******s for a long time yet don't shout about it at football - there are other venues where you can show your support for causes like that). It's crazy but might just work.

17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t know what they’ve said to be honest, slagging Israel for its treatment of Palestine isn’t Anti-Semitic. 

Very much agree but sadly in a world where the slightest negative comment towards Islam is racist and Islamophobic it must be a two way street.

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

AdderBoa? Isn't he related to Rio Fer-de-lance? Could be talking out of my asp, tbh.

Apologies for the puns, feel free to grass me up to the mods.

Seems Dubai was worth it, looking vindicated every passing minute. Undefeated so far, well done. Toiling it out at the moment, hudding on for a vital point.

Well, maybe warm weather training wasn't the best preparation for a cold snowy night in West Lothian as quite a few have pointed out?

Their implosion is nothing short of beautiful. 

You probably couldnt write it better if you were given the chance. 

Top entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha 

80603895-964C-44BF-8FB3-43AB5D4BCCBB.jpeg

😂 A great GIRFU from Livi and playing their reserves too😂

Of course the fact Livingston put out an understrength team this evening, will go totally unreported by the mainstream Scottish football media.

Stephane Grappelli
5 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

AdderBoa? Isn't he related to Rio Fer-de-lance? Could be talking out of my asp, tbh.

Apologies for the puns, feel free to grass me up to the mods.

No need to apologise, I think they're hiss-terical.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Great work from them, on and off the pitch. 

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

No need to apologise, I think they're hiss-terical.

We have a winner.

Apologies for taking so long to congratulate you, sadly it's taken me two hours to compose this reply due to my arthritic fingers. My taipan is painfully slow these days.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I have to say even during these annoying times I'm absolutely effing loving the constant circus show shambles going on at celtic right now.  Its a near daily eff up coming from them and lennon. He's a PR disaster. Tonight it was walking out of interview pre match and throwing out his chewbacca during it. Throwing around spit covered baccie during a pandemic haha you couldn't write this stuff. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
14 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

At the weekend Richard Gordon had another little giggle when it was mentioned that there is growing concern that the conspiracy theory that Celtic are trying to null and void the season, he was told don’t laugh people believe it.

So is Celtic actively trying to null and void the season?  Well I don’t think the Dubai trip was part of that evil genius plan, it was just Celtic and their arrogance that they are better than everybody else and they wanted to rub everybody’s nose in it like the ungracious winners they are, and no words can describe them as losers, when they lose.

But is Celtic actively trying to null and void the season?  50m Trump supporters can’t be wrong can they? Only they are!  So let’s look at the bigger picture:

Do people believe the game in Scotland is corrupt?

Is the SFA and the SPFL run by corrupt officials?

Were Celtic behind the call to halt the season early?

Did Doncaster lie about null and void last season?

Do people believe the closed doors arbitration was a cover up?

Is Liewell behind all of this?

Are Celtic capable of working behind the scenes to null and void the season? 

If the answer to even half of those questions is yes, then you have to believe that this is more than a conspiracy theory.  Maxwell was off like the B in bang when he thought there was a sniff of a Championship club wanting to halt.  Lennon’s drunken tirade is what he does best and is to goad, goad and goad until he gets hit, then claims victimhood.  He has even tried to goad the SG,  not the best thing to do when they hold all the cards on allowing the game to tumble on  (hmmmm).  Swinney called his comments as appalling without getting personal, which was all that was needed.

Let’s see what Celtic do next shall we?  If the SPFL/SFA try any stunt to halt the league on their behalf then there irrefutable proof.  Perhaps we should all play Celtic at their own game, Goad, goad and goad and Vote them out of the league, just because the American masses are wrong does not equate that we are wrong. Now there’s your medicine!

I absolutely believe celtic are actively trying to get this season null and voided. Of course they are it's bleeding obvious. They would have sacked lennon immediately after his insane ranting press conference after the national headlining PR fiasco debacle that was their jaunt to dubai.

As per Doncaster and maxwell will do lawells bidding just as they did when they effed us down a league so they could win their title. 

The key is to make that absolutely clear to the Scottish government to punish celtic as opposed to punishing the rest of Scottish footballs championship and prem teams. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I absolutely believe celtic are actively trying to get this season null and voided. Of course they are it's bleeding obvious. They would have sacked lennon immediately after his insane ranting press conference after the national headlining PR fiasco debacle that was their jaunt to dubai.

As per Doncaster and maxwell will do lawells bidding just as they did when they effed us down a league so they could win their title. 

The key is to make that absolutely clear to the Scottish government to punish celtic as opposed to punishing the rest of Scottish footballs championship and prem teams. 

Put it this way they're not actively trying NOT to null and void this season, unlike last Spring. The main thing they're doing is they're not trying to play their games in hand quickly. They prioritised a trip to Dubai over playing Hibs at home. If they'd been 3 or 4 pts behind they'd have been trying to get the points in the bag as quickly as possible to keep the pressure on Rangers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

ToadKiller Dog

So Dick Gordon laughs at the thought of conspiracy. 

He should really think what causes conspiracies .

One of main ways conspiracies thrive is when the journalists (his team could arguably be called that) fail to properly scrutinise those in charge .

Could he honestly say the questioning of Doncaster at any point he has popped his head up has really asked him the hard questions ?.

Are celtic actively trying to get to a null and void possibility it can't be ruled out .

Did they actively lobby for the early end to last season yes no doubt .

Guest ToqueJambo

By the end of Feb null and void will be off the table anyhow as everyone will have played 75% of their games, the point at which titles are awarded in Scotland. Celtic basically have a month to succeed with their dastardly plan. Not sure having games in hand will save them as they'll just go with PPG again.

6 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

The problem Celtic have is that they are pointing the finger at everyone on an attempt to expose safety issues or flaws that would warrant government intervention but they do not realise that 90% of the problems faced by Scottish football this season has been Celtic-based. 

Barring one or two exceptions every other club and their supporters has behaved fine. Even rangers. It’s just one club that hasn’t 🤔

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

By the end of Feb null and void will be off the table anyhow as everyone will have played 75% of their games, the point at which titles are awarded in Scotland. Celtic basically have a month to succeed with their dastardly plan. Not sure having games in hand will save them as they'll just go with PPG again.

No chance of null and void. The gap is too big.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who remembers spot the ball?

412AFF3A-D842-4477-89EA-7B6E052BB728.jpeg

D49EACA0-C0DA-41BA-A9C8-EF7E2509B23B.jpeg

Surprised Collum never abandoned the game big Lenny won't be happy :vrface:

Its normally rangers who have the slip up when they come back from Dubai 😁

Brick Tamland

Lennon’s rants have been much more disparaging than most of those that Vlad was punished for, I’m surprised the SFA/SPFL haven’t invented some rules to fine Lennon and Celtic for...

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Lennon’s rants have been much more disparaging than most of those that Vlad was punished for, I’m surprised the SFA/SPFL haven’t invented some rules to fine Lennon and Celtic for...

I think they've actually uninvented them very recently. 

Brick Tamland
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I think they've actually uninvented them very recently. 

Ahhh that would explain things then and why a fetid yellow teethed Celtic manager can have a rant at the Scottish Government about conspiracies against his team, a rant at the media, a rant at pundits, a rant at almost everything. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Surprised Collum never abandoned the game big Lenny won't be happy :vrface:

Its normally rangers who have the slip up when they come back from Dubai 😁

It was hilarious to be honest, that yellow ball that’s great in the winter hasn’t been good a few times now. 
By the time Lennon gave them interview it looked about 2 feet deep 😆

I dislike him passionately, but Collum played a blinder last night!

Sent the scroat off correctly (for a change) and played the game to a conclusion as nobody questioned it.  Even Lemon didn't mention it in his post match interview!

Only blot on his performance was not awarding a penalty to Livi in 2nd half.

No chance of null and void now.  Too many leagues played to conclusion last year and left the SFA as the embarrassing odd one out.

Nae 10IAR I'm afraid.  Shame!!😍

Reading that the JRG have written to all the spfl clubs after popcorn teeths rant about dressing rooms. No you should be charging that willie hunt

16 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Reading that the JRG have written to all the spfl clubs after popcorn teeths rant about dressing rooms. No you should be charging that willie hunt

The spfl are setting a dangerous precedent here... and are going down a path that is going to be difficult to follow. Their failure to punish/admonish/call out any of sellicks wrong-doings of late, will cancel out any future misdemeanors from other clubs.

Killie, last week, cited celtic in their in their appeal to have their forfeited games cancelled... and guess what, it was reduced to a fine.

What is it going to take for the sfa/spfl to come out punish this crowd?

3 hours ago, a11ank said:

I dislike him passionately, but Collum played a blinder last night!

Sent the scroat off correctly (for a change) and played the game to a conclusion as nobody questioned it.  Even Lemon didn't mention it in his post match interview!

Only blot on his performance was not awarding a penalty to Livi in 2nd half.

No chance of null and void now.  Too many leagues played to conclusion last year and left the SFA as the embarrassing odd one out.

Nae 10IAR I'm afraid.  Shame!!😍

The SPFL/SFA/celtic have no shame, do you really think they care about being embarrassed? When they have an agenda they will stop at nothing to see it through, just look at what happened to us!

10 minutes ago, gator said:

The SPFL/SFA/celtic have no shame, do you really think they care about being embarrassed? When they have an agenda they will stop at nothing to see it through, just look at what happened to us!

I didn't say 'they' were embarrassed!

I said they were the embarrassing 'odd ones out'!

And they were!!

Out of interest, anyone know how many red cards Brown has had in his career? Hibs/Celtic and Scotland/Europe splits would be interesting too...

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Mc Innes jumping on Celtic's bandwagon. Crawling up their behind's like he always does.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55753738