Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

BBC Radio Scoland have a phone in on the go just now about it. The apologists for Lennon phoning in are hilarious. We’ve even had the old chestnut of the conspiracy against them because of religion. Truly no blame and no shame.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not a surprise 

What a weak little meek statement!  I'd want Budge to come out and publicly invite Lennon to sook her plooms.

"we don't comment on other clubs, but honest, we do do the covid stuff... sniffle"  Is that OK with you, sir, Mr Lawwell, sir?.  Aye, Les, you can stay on the board.

Don't comment on other clubs.  Les Gray was all over us last season.  Prick.

Paid a wee visit to Kerrydal Street - the forum for Celtic supporters who have at least a passing acquantance with basic hygiene and literacy standards. A few of them are moaning about the ScoGov and (in desperation) the photo The Herald used to accompany the story of Lennon's deranged press conference. APparently it was deliberately chosen 'to make him look bad'. I'm not sure how you'd go about picking a photie to make Lennon look good, but hey. Anyway, most of them aeem pretty embarrassed by t he whole thing and just want Lennon and Liewell to go. Here's an example:

The government may wall have shifted the goalposts, but they were shifted in a game we never should have been playing anyway.

I am so utterly sick and tired of it. Was there no risk analysis completed on this trip? If you sat down and did a failure mode and effects analysis on this trip, what happened would have been a pretty low score on the effects (in relative terms). One player caught it. The lowest number that could catch it.
Did we not contemplate that things could change? In a world when things have been changes from anywhere as often as every week to every hour?
Did we not think that sticking a full squad on a metal tube and flying them 8 hours to a different country increases the risk?
That he signed off on this trip should be a sackable offence (without even starting on the board). His admission of it being him pushing for it should be him falling on his sword. 

Of course, this chap and his pals will probably not reflect the attitudes of the more typical underthinking Selick supporters.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

How many times has he tried to appear intimidating at pressers?

Hurry up Celtic. Do the right thing for once in your existence. 

3 year deal? 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

FFS

It’s time Scotland was vaccinated against this green virus. 

There is no known cure, soap helps keep it at bay though 😜

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Pissing off clubs that have been loyal to sfa/spfl/celtic board  ,not clever tactics .

I guess we wait and see if St johnstone and Hamilton have the baws to call Lennon out .

🤞

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, WageThief said:

The full press conference from Lennon is incredible stuff.  Listening to sportsound from last night, even Broadfoot is making sense.

I thought that too, first time I’ve not wanted to smash his face in. Lennon was suffering from PTSD from his own recent experiences, hence feeling sorry for Lennon. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

it's no wonder his team is so shite this season.

He's been doing his teamtalks to only a 1/4 of the team.

he's obviously not even noticed they aren't all there (..a bit like him)

:rofl:

Looking at his waistline he’s certainly not being running between the 4 dressing rooms 😆

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Loving this! So, in a pathetic attempt to ‘deflect, deflect, deflect’... Lennon has single handedly kept the spotlight firmly on himself and sellick fc. 
Wonderful stuff. What a horrible club. 

Exactly, not a word about Wednesdays game with Livi 😆

Pasquale for King

Not quite so intimidating when you can mute him or cut the Zoom connection, the old saying of causing bother in an empty hoose springs to mind 😆🤪

brunoatemyhamster

Aye, Get him a new contract ASAP. 

It's what the fans want. 

So, the story didn't go away as expected, the media have grown some balls.

The Celtic PR machine is now in full go mode. . . . . .

"The only way out of this Shit show is to find a scapegoat with the brain the size of a Pea who'll not even realise we're stabbing him between the eyes, anyone at the club fit the Bill?"

Deflection, deflection culminating in Lennon being shown the door and this sorry episode being forgotten as he leaves the building.

Putrid, vile institution.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If the Celtic fans had anything about them, they’d have seen the complacency in the full time appointment of Lennon. The club evidently thought ‘we’re so far ahead that it really doesn’t matter who’s manager.’

They were in a position to dominate Rangers forever because Gerrard would not have carried on after another second placed finish and every season of failure for rangers would have diminished their recruitment potential and spending power.

As it is, Celtic will need a mega summer to level things out again (although I sense that Gerrard will leave for an English club)

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

3 year deal? 

26 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Aye, Get him a new contract ASAP. 

It's what the fans want. 

It would be really funny viewing.

Honestly though... Lennon has been nothing but poison for Scottish football both as a player and manager of two different teams. He just cant help himself. Would be positive for Scottish football  if he had nothing to do with it. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It would be really funny viewing.

Honestly though... Lennon has been nothing but poison for Scottish football both as a player and manager of two different teams. He just cant help himself. Would be positive for Scottish football  if he had nothing to do with it. 

Only tries to play mr nice guy when they are winning. bitter bitter man when things dont go his way

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Why do players need to social diatance in changing rooms, buses etc? They are hardly going to stay 2m away from each other on the pitch 

Exactly. Heard an English footballer talking about the arguments against celebrations and he was talking about corners and the jostling that goes on there x10-15 times at least a game. He reckoned if you add up the proximity there, players are in contact with each other for about 10 minutes a game.

jamboinglasgow

Finally listening to the whole press conference, wow, I thought it was a minute or two rant but is actually him going on and on and on about everyone else is wrong but him and Celtic. His apology is "sorry, not sorry." He is just a bitter angry man who cant just admit that it was not the best idea to go out to Dubai. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Finally listening to the whole press conference, wow, I thought it was a minute or two rant but is actually him going on and on and on about everyone else is wrong but him and Celtic. His apology is "sorry, not sorry." He is just a bitter angry man who cant just admit that it was not the best idea to go out to Dubai. 

Yep, reminded me of Kevin Keegan all those years ago... meltdown-wise. Makes me wonder if something triggered his ire shortly before the presser or if it was premeditated and had been festering since his return from Dubai. If it's the latter, he needs help.

Part of me has been thinking he, perhaps, met with liewell prior to the presser, was advised he's to be emptied and then told to go out and do his worst!

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He can’t help himself. I’ll bet that Lawell is raging about that. He’d be hoping that his muted “apology” had drawn a line under things. Lennon has opened that up.  Would not be surprised to see him out the door there shortly.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

He can’t help himself. I’ll bet that Lawell is raging about that. He’d be hoping that his muted “apology” had drawn a line under things. Lennon has opened that up.  Would not be surprised to see him out the door there shortly.

would save defo out if they fail to get all 3 points on Wednesday

30 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Why do players need to social diatance in changing rooms, buses etc? They are hardly going to stay 2m away from each other on the pitch 

Indoors and close for 15 minutes was the previous high risk guideline. But I think the scientists now say indoors in general is a risk.

Playing football outdoors is very low to zero risk. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If the Celtic fans had anything about them, they’d have seen the complacency in the full time appointment of Lennon. The club evidently thought ‘we’re so far ahead that it really doesn’t matter who’s manager.’

They were in a position to dominate Rangers forever because Gerrard would not have carried on after another second placed finish and every season of failure for rangers would have diminished their recruitment potential and spending power.

As it is, Celtic will need a mega summer to level things out again (although I sense that Gerrard will leave for an English club)

I think some did. 
As you say Gerrard would’ve been off if they hadn’t won it this year. 
The new manager will want to make his own signings and get rid of quite a few I would imagine.,

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, reminded me of Kevin Keegan all those years ago... meltdown-wise. Makes me wonder if something triggered his ire shortly before the presser or if it was premeditated and had been festering since his return from Dubai. If it's the latter, he needs help.

Part of me has been thinking he, perhaps, met with liewell prior to the presser, was advised he's to be emptied and then told to go out and do his worst!

I would imagine someone who is Bipolar would struggle with ten days isolation, he didn’t even Wednesdays game or answer the first question about how he coped with isolation. 
In fact he did with his 15 minute rant, not very well 😆🤪

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, even after coming back with two cases of Covid, having to isolate with 15 others and dropping another 4 points in two home games because of it. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would imagine someone who is Bipolar would struggle with ten days isolation, he didn’t even Wednesdays game or answer the first question about how he coped with isolation. 
In fact he did with his 15 minute rant, not very well 😆🤪

My wife's brother is bipolar, and paranoia is a huge factor in his illness.

29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Agree, he's shot his bolt with that rant.  No way back. Bye, bye Neil.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

My wife's brother is bipolar, and paranoia is a huge factor in his illness.

Yeah as I said yesterday if you suffer from this it’s advised you don’t have a high pressure and stressful job. Isolation would only make the situation worse, especially as this crisis grew and the criticism flew in. You would think someone at the club might’ve predicted this, or did and saw it as a way to get rid of him citing his health. 

Neil Lennon's press confrence yesterday was like that scene from the inbetweeners. The one where Will points out everyone is underage. Its yet to dawn on Lennon during his rant he also threw John Kennedy and four Celtic players under the bus.

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Got to remember as Neil says, its only a month ago they won the treble..,,......

Desperate stuff.

I think it is relevant. I suspect the Dubai trip was a reward for that.

Or put it another way, if we'd won the penalty shootout, their Dubai trip would've been cancelled.

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah as I said yesterday if you suffer from this it’s advised you don’t have a high pressure and stressful job. Isolation would only make the situation worse, especially as this crisis grew and the criticism flew in. You would think someone at the club might’ve predicted this, or did and saw it as a way to get rid of him citing his health. 

TBH I didn't realise he actually suffered from bipolar... I thought a lot of the negativity that surrounds this guy was just assumption. If he does, indeed, suffer from bipolar - he'll be on a cocktail of drugs to keep him on an even keel... and yes, you're right, shouldn't be anywhere near a position such as uglies manager.

I'm no doctor and basing this on what i know about my brother-in-law... but, yeah, some similar traits to what lennon is known for. Big difference being, he's not a t*at and a genuinely decent bloke. In days gone by he was a proper 'scrapper', played rugby at English county level, doorman... you know, good jobs/pastimes for temper problems and now spends a lot of time worrying about what and who he hurt in his past - that he can no longer remember.

Lennon should be shown the door, for everybody's sake, not least his own.

16 minutes ago, Rods said:

Neil Lennon's press confrence yesterday was like that scene from the inbetweeners. The one where Will points out everyone is underage. Its yet to dawn on Lennon during his rant he also threw John Kennedy and four Celtic players under the bus.

Talked himself out of a job,he never learns!

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Gerrard was finishing well behind Lennon last season prior to Covid stopping things. 

Just now, lou said:

Just realised there were 60 people of that trip, 60???? And according to some this 60 included Scott Browns mum and step dad 

I hope they are hammered if there is evidence of Brown taking his family.

That shows the level of entitlement.  

I hope the scot gov get to see evidence of this.  

8 minutes ago, lou said:

Just realised there were 60 people of that trip, 60???? And according to some this 60 included Scott Browns mum and step dad 

It now makes sense why Killie and St Mirren won their appeals

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

TBH I didn't realise he actually suffered from bipolar... I thought a lot of the negativity that surrounds this guy was just assumption. If he does, indeed, suffer from bipolar - he'll be on a cocktail of drugs to keep him on an even keel... and yes, you're right, shouldn't be anywhere near a position such as uglies manager.

I'm no doctor and basing this on what i know about my brother-in-law... but, yeah, some similar traits to what lennon is known for. Big difference being, he's not a t*at and a genuinely decent bloke. In days gone by he was a proper 'scrapper', played rugby at English county level, doorman... you know, good jobs/pastimes for temper problems and now spends a lot of time worrying about what and who he hurt in his past - that he can no longer remember.

Lennon should be shown the door, for everybody's sake, not least his own.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a miserable existence. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/latest-celtic-news/neil-lennon-opens-battle-depression-1541507

https://silenceshattered.wordpress.com/2014/08/30/psychotic-depression-or-bipolar-depression/

6 minutes ago, lou said:

If true, this is just staggering.

A week or so ago, Pat Bonnar actually made a good point - if sellick had beaten Rangers, and - instead of going to Dubai - had played a midweek game and won, the points gap would have been significantly reduced. Taking COVID out of the equation, going to Dubai was an unbelievable error of judgement while chasing the gers and 10iar.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, lou said:

I had to listen to it three times just to make sure that was what he said, well over £250k for the charter and accommodation. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Rods said:

Also that they didn’t follow the restrictions in their bubble that they should’ve, it was clear he thought the more relaxed attitude in Dubai was better and the took advantage of it. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

👍 Cheers, don't remember that at all!

One thing of interest came out the repulsive cretin's mouth and that was when he said most of the squad are tee total.  Wonder how many of our squad is.

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, lou said:

I still cant figure out how you need that many. Say Celtic took a squad of 23 players, you have four main backroom staff (Manager, assistant, 1st team coach and GK coach.) Sport scientist and assistant, Throw in a kit man and assistant, physio, say 2 assistants (usually for sports massage,)  Club doctor, analyst (though surely thats one you can do remotely,) club chef and assistant, someone to organise things and perhaps an assistant for them. That is 40 people in total. A lot but still 20 people short. I could maybe say that there is 5 people with roles I have missed out but still a lot missing.

If it included non-club staff then Celtic should have the book chucked at them.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well Lennon had 40 chefs and 5 dentists for his own personal use.

What did the 5 dentists achieve 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still cant figure out how you need that many. Say Celtic took a squad of 23 players, you have four main backroom staff (Manager, assistant, 1st team coach and GK coach.) Sport scientist and assistant, Throw in a kit man and assistant, physio, say 2 assistants (usually for sports massage,)  Club doctor, analyst (though surely thats one you can do remotely,) club chef and assistant, someone to organise things and perhaps an assistant for them. That is 40 people in total. A lot but still 20 people short. I could maybe say that there is 5 people with roles I have missed out but still a lot missing.

If it included non-club staff then Celtic should have the book chucked at them.

I would love to see a break down of the names.