Sizzling Scot Dalry

jamboinheaven

jamboinheaven

went there last night with wife for her birthday,best steak i have had in a very very long time absolutely top notch highly recommend

Stuart Lyon

I was there in March and managed to bring it all back-up during the night! At the time the food tasted good. Couldn't have been the copious and varied amount of drink I consumed could it?

Also in the Hanover Street one in March. Food was OK but in my happy state I didn't notice that 10% had been added to the bill and drunkenly gave them a hefty tip! Greedy barstewards didn't bother to point out my generosity so won't be going back.

went there last night with wife for her birthday,best steak i have had in a very very long time absolutely top notch highly recommend

Also been there few times and would easily recommend the place.

I was there in March and managed to bring it all back-up during the night! At the time the food tasted good. Couldn't have been the copious and varied amount of drink I consumed could it?

Also in the Hanover Street one in March. Food was OK but in my happy state I didn't notice that 10% had been added to the bill and drunkenly gave them a hefty tip! Greedy barstewards didn't bother to point out my generosity so won't be going back.

For the record, the two are quite separate concerns.

The Sizzling Scot is a great Steakhouse.

I've been on three occasions and been very impressed.

It's a shame that it will never quite fulfill its potential due to where it's situated. (That's not intended as a slur on Dalry)

The Sizzling Scot is a great Steakhouse.

I've been on three occasions and been very impressed.

It's a shame that it will never quite fulfill its potential due to where it's situated. (That's not intended as a slur on Dalry)

I kinda know what you mean. However, it does pretty well; it's rammed most nights and is not particularly cheap.

It's just at the top of my street and I'm planning to take the lady there when she gets back from her month in Africa, I was actually going to post a thread asking if it comes recommended. Now I look forward to trying it.

They're hardly going to turn around and say "oh you've tipped us too much, we haven't given you THAT good service". These guys make minimum wage, of course they're gonna take all the tips they can get.

Hell, I did something similar to Skacel, Bednar and Pospisil when they first moved to Hearts and gave me a (presumably accidental) hefty tip.

As long as they state there is a service charge of course.

LizzyHearts2

The Sizzling Scot is my local place for a great meal. The sausages and mash are the best ever! The sausages are the best i have ever tasted and the mashed tatties are lovely and creamy. The soup they do is out of this world. Me and my b/f went there for my b/day last year and had an awesum time, even drank a bottle of the most gorgeous champagne too. Never had any probs there and always had great service. They know me and my b/f very well. It is the original restaurant. There were 4 partners involved i believe, one of whom didn't see eye to eye with the others and decided to open up the other one in Hanover St, which we have not gone to as have heard not so good reports about it.

jamboinheaven

i had the haggis neeps and tatties as a starter and was absolutely gorgeous

Jambo_LuLu

I'm a veggie and even I enjoyed it! Quite a few veggie portions! Would definitely go back!

Went there with a lady friend a coupla years back and it was great. The food was sumptious. IMO you pay for what you get there - great great service.

Archived